Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays (26589 Views)

Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays / Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:06pm On Dec 30, 2012
billion_man:

Ok. For how long will they be "lost"? Are "lost" going to be lost forever? Did the "lost" not come to the house of God to be found? Or are they going to be lost forever while still in church for more than two years? Or are they just pretending to be "lost" while they carry along the innocent ones to their lost kingdom?

For your information, most of them know what they are doing. They are not ignorant of their deeds.

I blame the ministers in charge of such congregations cause once the head is faulty the, whole body will be faulty too. The moment a "pastor" sees nothing wrong with the way his congregation do things and decide to play along, then the members will throw caution to the wind.

As long as they want to be LOST; to be used by the devil, they will be. Wasn't Judas with JESUS? Why was he already lost even being among the 12 closest to JESUS? Every man decides on his/her own to leave the sinful life and move on. I've been there and done the bad things but I thank God I'm changed today. The pastor didn't have to open my skull and put the Bible in it before I changed. Haven't you heard the Bible say "Not Everyone That Call Me Lord Lord..."

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Ninilowo(m): 7:06pm On Dec 30, 2012
Cos the end has come.
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by weaseloo: 7:06pm On Dec 30, 2012
Glorified_Tunde:

OK. SO WHY DID JESUS SAY I HAVE COME FOR THE LOST. EVEN THE BIBLE MADE MENTION OF SOME IN THE CHURCH THOSE DAYS WHO WERE DOING WRONG THINGS. LEAVE THEIR JUDGEMENT TO GOD. IF YOU FALL BECAUSE OF THIS ONES, THEN YOU WERE NEVER GROUNDED IN FAITH. DO NOT LOOK THEM TWICE OR START MAKING IMAGINATIONS IN YOUR HEART. BESIDES THE BIBLE SAYS "YOUR EYES" NOT "THE GIRLS".

Read my post again, I said plucking out in response to your statement. I did not mean pluck out the girls. If that was what I meant, I would have written it clearly.

A lady comes into as church dressed like she is goin to a club, I cannot define her as LOST? She has an ulterior motive different from what others came to do.

Let me ask you a question, if you find the church accountant stealing money from the Sunday collection, would your response be the same as what you have written above: "LEAVE HIS/HER JUDGEMENT TO GOD". I guess not, you would want that person to be fired immediately. Same applies to women who bear their bodies for all to see and especially in the house of God.

There is a distinction between RIGHT & WRONG. As an adult, God has given you that ability to know which is which.
So my question to you is, is it right for a woman to dress half n.a.k.e.d to church?

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 30, 2012
What does it take for these pastors to at least correct these erring members? Hell is real o!
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by blezdem(m): 7:11pm On Dec 30, 2012
My brother. What u saw in church today is nothing but advertising of products. U cannot give what u dnt hav. So those u saw are merely giving u sign of what they want in response.
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:13pm On Dec 30, 2012
weaseloo:

Read my post again, I said plucking out in response to your statement. I did not mean pluck out the girls. If that was what I meant, I would have written it clearly.

NOTED!

weaseloo:
A lady comes into as church dressed like she is goin to a club, I cannot define her as LOST? She has an ulterior motive different from what others came to do.

Let me ask you a question, if you find the church accountant stealing money from the Sunday collection, would your response be the same as what you have written above: "LEAVE HIS/HER JUDGEMENT TO GOD". I guess not, you would want that person to be fired immediately. Same applies to women who bear their bodies for all to see and especially in the house of God.

There is a distinction between RIGHT & WRONG. As an adult, God has given you that ability to know which is which.
So my question to you is, is it right for a women to dress half naked to church?

THE BIBLE MENTIONS PUNISHMENT FOR A MEMBER WHO HAS DONE WRONG, BUT NOT CASTING THEM OUT! HAVEN'T YOU HEARD OF CHURCH DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE? THESE DAYS ITS NOT EVERYONE COMING INTO A CHURCH THAT IS A BONAFIDE MEMBER...SOME ARE JUST PASSING.

OUR SALVATION IS LEFT TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US, LET THEM DO AS THEY LIKE AND KEEP PRAYING FOR THEM... BUT BE MINDFUL NOT TO FALL FOR THEM wink
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by achi4u(m): 7:13pm On Dec 30, 2012
jadajada: They're doin it 4 u. Just 2 get ur attention.
gbam

wicked chicksgrin
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by trolling(m): 7:14pm On Dec 30, 2012
i remember one of my elders telling me if u want a "woman" go to the church....i understood what he was saying though
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by chinakobo(m): 7:17pm On Dec 30, 2012
What amazes me is that when you now focus your gaze on package they display, they will start adjusting the clothes to cover the view why! Free view is free view! Some other times if I see them with those loose blouse, they will be getting ready to adjust, I will quickly put a disgusting look on my face like I have seen shyt and guess what, they won't adjust at all lol . Jokes apart, this is evil.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:17pm On Dec 30, 2012
trolling: i remember one of my elders telling me if u want a "woman" go to the church....i understood what he was saying though

Lolz. I hope Its not wife you're looking for?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by achi4u(m): 7:17pm On Dec 30, 2012
blezdem: My brother. What u saw in church today is nothing but advertising of products. U cannot give what u dnt hav. So those u saw are merely giving u sign of what they want in response.
+10000
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by weaseloo: 7:18pm On Dec 30, 2012
Glorified_Tunde:

NOTED!

THE BIBLE MENTIONS PUNISHMENT FOR A MEMBER WHO HAS DONE WRONG, BUT NOT CASTING THEM OUT! HAVEN'T YOU HEARD OF CHURCH DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE? THESE DAYS ITS NOT EVERYONE COMING INTO A CHURCH THAT IS A BONAFIDE MEMBER...SOME ARE JUST PASSING.

OUR SALVATION IS LEFT TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US, LET THEM DO AS THEY LIKE AND KEEP PRAYING FOR THEM... BUT BE MINDFUL NOT TO FALL FOR THEM wink

You are cleverly being diplomatic and not answering my question. Well I am a woman, falling for them never going to happen. I'm concerned about the younger generation wrongly choosing indecency.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Wsdm: 7:19pm On Dec 30, 2012
vanstanzy:

I'll agree with u, Islam has an upper hand when it comes to modest dressing. But, they (Muslims) too are not spared by the rising indecency in the world.. Its a Virus in the worlds' system
But the Muslim clerics are generally staunch critics of these indescencies even though some wayward are doing otherwise. If the pastors are generally criticizing these things like their counterparts in Islam, i assure you that it will reduce drastically. If we can not find DECENCY in the HOLY houses what is our hope?

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Roon9(m): 7:22pm On Dec 30, 2012
mascot87: The question should be ''why are our men of God not condemning in strong terms indecent dressing in the house of God'' undecided undecided .. Also, elders in the church and parents has a lot to do in this regard. When the pastor,the parents and elders collectively condemn the act of indecent dressing in the church by talking to them without relenting,you will change now and if guys form the habit of ignoring ladies that dress indecently to church then most of them will have a second thought. My opinion
Exactly bro! The thing is that carnality has eaten deep in †̥☺ the body ☀̤̣̈̇f christ, plus 'it doesn't matter'seems †̥☺ be the most effective tool ☀̤̣̈̇f the devil and he his violently using it against us christians. I just wish christians can understand what it means †̥☺ 'come out 4rm among them n be seperate'

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by ignis: 7:30pm On Dec 30, 2012
Please, who are we to judge. The bible said judge not that ye might not be judged.
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by coogar: 7:32pm On Dec 30, 2012
tpapi: common keep quiet,is pple like u dat derive demonic joy in seeings girls wear top dat reveal their bbooobbs in church,asshhawo

anuofia!
no wonder you are static after 10 yrs. the people who joined your office long after you joined have all been promoted while you are still stuck at your gateman position. be staring at what ladies wear.....oloshious fellow!
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by SELFWORTH: 7:41pm On Dec 30, 2012
Church is a market place.

It's for everyone both sinners and the "righteous ". In time, when the word they hear grows in their heart, they will change their ways including the way they speak, dress and conduct themselves .

In my church, the ushers at the door will cover you with a shawl before you enter and speak to you after the service. No one is allowed to walk all over the place when you are late.

The worst ones are those who sit with all their knickers sticking from the back of their trousers. It's simply carelessness in my own opinion . Not all are deliberate.

Church is the best place for them.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Abeegmb(m): 7:42pm On Dec 30, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]
drmary: I was so disgusted in church today, when I saw how ladies, both married and single wore micro mini gowns and bossom revealing tops to d house of God without any fear.I kept asking myself why ? Pls reasonable contribution
drmary: I was so disgusted in church today, when I saw how ladies, both married and single wore micro mini gowns and bossom revealing tops to d house of God without any fear.I kept asking myself why ? Pls reasonable contribution
[quote author=drmary] I was so disgusted in church today, when I saw how ladies, both married and single wore micro mini gowns and bossom revealing tops to d house of God without any fear.I kept asking myself why ? P bcuz d xtianz passtors now adays ar not teachn u ppl d real gospel of jesus christ, which was d bst for u ppl.
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by AdeniyiA(m): 7:46pm On Dec 30, 2012
kaiiiii! this guy has forgotten what was d content of today's sermon,you've only gone on a sight-seeing.
btw,wat was today's topic and bible passage?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Abeegmb(m): 7:46pm On Dec 30, 2012
Abeegmb: [color=#000099][/color][i][/i]
bcuz christians dnt follow d gospel of jesus christ now adays, d religion is entirely modernized.
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Roon9(m): 7:48pm On Dec 30, 2012
ignis: Please, who are we to judge. The bible said judge not that ye might not be judged.
Sir, pliz learn †̥☺ understand the scripture; after saying 'judge not', the bible went further †̥☺ state; 'that in the same measure we mete out likwise we be ours'. This means i must not be guilty ☀̤̣̈̇f what i condemn. BTW why do you think jesus was constantly criticising thoes jews. 'Let them be', 'let them be' has gotten us Πσ where!
Its rily sad

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by trolling(m): 7:50pm On Dec 30, 2012
Glorified_Tunde:

Lolz. I hope Its not wife you're looking for?
u suppose know na lol
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 30, 2012
It is the messages that is preached in that church that tolerates such indicency, it is clearly the pastors fauult.
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Avicennabayo(m): 7:54pm On Dec 30, 2012
Some women c da church as a place where they can hook up with boyfriend and manfriend.
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 30, 2012
inurmind:

#Christian scholar mode activated#grin

1 Timothy 2:9 says "In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamedfacedness and sobriety; not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls , or costly array;".

But also remember, "man looks at the outward appearance but god looks at the heart" 1 Samuel 16:7

I hope I have made things less confusing.grin

SHIIIITTT! I came back too late. Thread has gone too far.
What does 'modest' mean in this verse? There is no explanation for the word 'modest'.

Also your verse implies that women are not supposed to braid their hair or wear gold. How retardëd is that?
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 30, 2012
::Andrew:::
Not their fault, it is the work of the devil. grin grin
D devil is suffering & hw does d devil luk like?
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by vanstanzy(m): 7:59pm On Dec 30, 2012
Wsdm: But ATHEISM is way of life as do other religion.

Ok, Atheism is a way of life. Correction noted, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by achi4u(m): 8:03pm On Dec 30, 2012
Who says that musilems are better?;look at their hot chicks very closely you will see their sharp n.ipples piecing their blouse or viel.smh.
most of them hardly ware b.ra and...

#my eyes have seen it all#
ndi ara
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by dangiwa09(m): 8:04pm On Dec 30, 2012
"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". "Judge not so that you will not be judged". Enough said!
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by seunny4lif(m): 8:05pm On Dec 30, 2012
That is the reason,i like pastor w.f.kumuyi of deeper life bible church becos he's always telling the true......Damn

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

African/blackroots Science Religion. Science Of Creation. / Prophet Genesis Refuses Offering From Church Members Because Of Naira Crisis / If You.Are To Spend One Day With One Bible Character, Who Would It Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.