Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays (26587 Views)

Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays / Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by paxonel(m): 11:24am On Jul 20, 2014
do indecent dressing distract you? then it is you that have the problem. it shows you have a dirty mind. someone who has clean mind will not care about people dressing but treat everybody equally in love
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 20, 2014
paxonel: do indecent dressing distract you? then it is you that have the problem. it shows you have a dirty mind. someone who has clean mind will not care about people dressing but treat everybody equally in love
it is not only the person that lusts that has a problem.if the person that dress indecently truly loves she will not risk wearing something that can cuse her fellow brethren in the Lord to fall.
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by paxonel(m): 6:19pm On Jul 20, 2014
Dux01: it is not only the person that lusts that has a problem.if the person that dress indecently truly loves she will not risk wearing something that can cuse her fellow brethren in the Lord to fall.
when a girl dresses she dress because she like the style not because of anybody. should she not dress the style she is happy to put on all because there is one Christian brother who is lustful in his desire and can not control himself ? should she forgo her happiness to please a lustful Christian brother? this is how women are suppressed by african tradition and religion to strip off their right and happiness putting preference first to what the men want in the society and church. very ridiculous tradition
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 21, 2014
[quote author=paxonel]
when a girl dresses she dress because she like the style not because of anybody. should she not dress the style she is happy to put on all because there is one Christian brother who is lustful in his desire and can not control himself ? should she forgo her happiness to please a lustful Christian brother? this is how women are suppressed by african tradition and religion to strip off their right and happiness putting preference first to what the men want in the society and church.

is a christian girl supposed to please herself or God.will God be happy with her if she dresses indecently.will she not be tool of satan being used to distract men in the CHURCH!!!when they are supposed to be focusing on God they will be focusing on their exposed body parts.don't you know that christian girl is NOT supposed to dress to please her herself but to glorify God ?
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by tpia1: 3:54am On Jul 22, 2014
how did " happy" and "happiness" enter this discussion?
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by paxonel(m): 8:18am On Jul 22, 2014
[quote author=Dux01][/quote]
Dux01 the only thing that please God is when you Love God and love your neighbour as yourself not your dressing. God is a spirit how does your dressing affect spirit God negatively?.no. Love God is symply believing in Jesus for your salvation which a girl who goes to church has done already so she is saved. to love your neighbour as yourself is to keep the 10 Commandments, do you see thou shall not dress like this or dress like that in 10 commandments? no
you can see that all these laws of dressing you people are putting in churches are not in the 10 commandments which is the law of love therefore they are optional, they are not by force
. if men can't control themselves in churches let them rape any girl because she is dressing indecently then let's see what will happen. or have you not read in the Bible Jesus saying in his parables it is not what goes into a man that defiles him rather it is what comes out of him that defiles him? that simply means a lot of things go into us from out environment through our eyes, nose, mouth, the food we eat, but they can't defile us rather it is out heart which is inside us that defiles us.
when a mans heart is evil all he thinks is to look for opportunity to hurt his few neighbour, if the opportunity he sees is indecent dressing in girls he will want to undermind the girl and hurt her. but responsible men don't think like that. responsible men take things in their environment the way they see it, they treat everybody equally in love irrespective of your dressing whether in church or anywhere
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 22, 2014
@paxonel what about the women are they supposed to be helping Satan to do the work of distracting men from God.You and I know that men are strongly attracted to women exposed body than vice versa.why are you not trying to understand what i am saying.Don't you know that love involves sacrifice?Don't you know that it is IMPOSSIBlE for a woman to love God and dress in a way that she KNOWS will seduce men silently and make them to commit sin after Jesus has said that woe to the person that temptation will come from.pls you are not helping any woman by what you are saying .it is the truth.the truth is that whether the men lust she will not escape God's wrath because How can an woman say i love God i Love my male brethren and she comes to church and wears a cloth that reveals her cleavages,Back and lower thighs KNOWING fully that some men will surely lust after her.is she supposed to be making it easier for them.she says she came to the church to seek God but what she is wearing is distracting men from God.a woman who truly loves and knows that she is seductively dressed will do all that she can to prevent men from lusting after her so that if they do God will now understand that it is 100% their fault.
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by paxonel(m): 3:50pm On Jul 22, 2014
@dux01, you are right men are strongly attracted to women and vice vesa, but the strength of the attraction cannot be so overwhelming until the man begin to loose his senses. It is also true that some women deliberately dress indecently to attract men in church but you will never be certain that they do it deliberately because of this you can never hold them responsible for anything.
And God will not hold them responsible either, whether they do it deliberately or not because like i said before, Jesus says it is not what goes into a man that defiles him but it is what comes out of him that defiles and i tried to explain that parable in my last post. So let every man guide his heart with all diligence because indecent dressing has come to stay,nobody can change it,that is how God want it, you can't fight God.
you try to quote something in the Bible by saying
Jesus says woe to the person that temptation will come? if I,m not mistaken you were trying to quote luke 17:1-2 which says
1 Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that OFFENCES will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come!
2 It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
the problem about Africans, when they read Bible they do not follow the story behind the Scripture so they easily mis-interprete the Bible that is why this country is in a state of confusion
please know the story behind this Scripture you will know why it was written like this
the meaning of the word OFFENCES as used in the context of this Scripture is TO MAKE DISCIPLES STOP BELIEVING IN JESUS BY DECEIVING THEM and the Jewish leaders who killed christ had that reputation of deceiving the jews in those days. infact if you read the proceeding chapter,chapter 16 which is the contiuation of chapter 17, chapter 16:31 says
And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
You know the story of Lazarus and the rich man?that is what it is talking about. the bottom line of that story is the Jews refuses to here Moses and all the prophets including Jesus Christ because they thought they have their father Abraham who they should listen to hence the meaning of OFFENCES was disciples stop listening to Jesus by deception therefore he was simply saying WOE TO ANY MAN (refering to the Jewish leaders ) WHO WHOM DECEPTION WILL COME
Now,does that relate to temptation by women who dress indecently to church? it does not relate or correlate with indecent dressing in any way
you can now see how we Africans mis-interprete Bible to suit our cultural line of thinking and dressing to discredit western dressing which we look as indecent. it is very bad
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by tpia1: 3:53pm On Jul 22, 2014
If what comes out of a man defiles him, then how does that excuse intentionally dressing in vulgar ways when going to church?
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by staggerman(m): 4:28pm On Jul 22, 2014
What is termed as appropriate today, was seen as vulgar in years past.
Times change, things change but the Spirit of Man remains the same.
You can be unclothed in the flesh, but ensure you are spiritually covered.

It is the Spirit that gives life, the flesh profits nothing.
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by tpia1: 4:50pm On Jul 22, 2014
My point was your dressing shows the state of your heart.

If your intention in going to church is to constantly display your wares and steal people's attention from God, then you are not following Christ.
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by paxonel(m): 6:51pm On Jul 22, 2014
drmary: I was so disgusted in church today, when I saw how ladies, both married and single wore micro mini gowns and bossom revealing tops to d house of God without any fear.I kept asking myself why ? Pls reasonable contribution
@staggerman, it is the spirit that gives life, God bless you
@tpia1, na ya own be that, thank God you nor be God
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by greatnma: 7:58pm On Jul 22, 2014
The questions to those ladies are, who is Christ to you? can you dress indecently to preach?
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by tpia5: 8:56pm On Jul 22, 2014
paxonel:
@staggerman, it is the spirit that gives life, God bless you
@tpia1, na ya own be that, thank God you nor be God

Bro, unlike you, I do not go to church to see "views" of human beings. Seeing people's nudity is not why I attend church.

If there is a pattern of people dressing anyhow to church, that's not good, because if you respect God, it should show in your outfit. I'm not speaking of occasional 'misadventures' in dressing, but intentional n.udity day in day out.

And remember the man without a wedding garment in matthew.
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by paxonel(m): 6:05am On Jul 23, 2014
intentional nudity is madness, nobody is associated with madness
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Nobody: 5:47am On Jul 26, 2014
did u just say God will not hold them responsible if they do it deliberately then you obviously do not know the mind of God in this matter.you don't want to understand what i am saying you just continue to say what you think is right.have u ever read luke 17 vs 1 before?read other versions if you don't understand.who is now misinterpreting the bible?have u ever thought on all i have written above i keep on saying this again a woman that has a pure heart cannot dress indecently.it seems you don't want these women to make heaven you just want them to be free to do what they like i mean look at what you said even if they do it deliberately just imagine what you said a woman do deliberately dresses indecently to church;wants men to be thinking about her they commit sin God will not punish her?do you know what is Holiness at all?are u trying to tell me that such a woman has ANY chance of making heaven excepts she repents?.someone that knows that the men who lust after her will go to hell because of that and will not mind infact even continues.i tell u the truth such a woman CANNOT escape divine judgement.pxonel look t this issue very well.red what pastor e a adeboye said concerning the matter he said"if your dressing is sentencing souls to hell,know that you have already made all your eternal reservations in hell"women should dress decently not just to prevent men from stumling through lust but also to show that they are truly pursuing holiness nd want to make heaven.
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by paxonel(m): 1:29pm On Jul 29, 2014
drmary: I was so disgusted in church today, when I saw how ladies, both married and single wore micro mini gowns and bossom revealing tops to d house of God without any fear.I kept asking myself why ? Pls reasonable contribution
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by paxonel(m): 1:34pm On Jul 29, 2014
Dux01: did u just say God will not hold them responsible if they do it deliberately then you obviously do not know the mind of God in this matter.you don't want to understand what i am saying you just continue to say what you think is right.have u ever read luke 17 vs 1 before?read other versions if you don't understand.who is now misinterpreting the bible?have u ever thought on all i have written above i keep on saying this again a woman that has a pure heart cannot dress indecently.it seems you don't want these women to make heaven you just want them to be free to do what they like i mean look at what you said even if they do it deliberately just imagine what you said a woman do deliberately dresses indecently to church;wants men to be thinking about her they commit sin God will not punish her?do you know what is Holiness at all?are u trying to tell me that such a woman has ANY chance of making heaven excepts she repents?.someone that knows that the men who lust after her will go to hell because of that and will not mind infact even continues.i tell u the truth such a woman CANNOT escape divine judgement.pxonel look t this issue very well.red what pastor e a adeboye said concerning the matter he said"if your dressing is sentencing souls to hell,know that you have already made all your eternal reservations in hell"women should dress decently not just to prevent men from stumling through lust but also to show that they are truly pursuing holiness nd want to make heaven.
@dux01, I quoted out luke 17:1-2 in my last post and explained it, you didn't get the right interpretation of that portion and I have proved that by explaining what that portion is trying to point out. that the portion is saying WOE TO ANYMAN (any Jewish leader who try to deceive his disciples not to follow him,not any woman who entice men with indecent dressing )
so if you want to quote Bible learn how to quote it correctly before you argue
that is what pastors do in churches including pastor Adeboye , they commit fallacies when they quote bible a lot thereby misleading church members
@dux10, by the way do you know what fallacies are?
whether you like it or not God is not holding anybody responsible for what is not even a sin in the first place man . God is not mad. Before men or mankind we all know what sin are. sin is simply braking the 10 commandments, indecent dressing is not even classified among the 10 commandments so it is never sin before man, maybe it is sin in Yoruba tradition no wonder people like pastor adeboye can aford to judge people because he is a yoruba man
But sin before God is different from sin before man because God who is wiser thinks differently from man. Sin before God is simply not accepting Christ. that one does not depend on the 10 commandments
so if like tear your yansh as a lady go church, nobody can judge you, not even adeboye
by the way who told you that these women who dress indecently are not already in heaven?
this is the problem i have with Christians they don't know their right, they are already in heaven they don't know.
oowh! you people are waiting for rapture? you are all being deceived
Ephesians 2:6.says And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
you are already there what are you still waiting for? rapture? your father o
ahahahhaahhaaa!
don't go and explore this earth and enjoy your life as he commanded mankind to do when he created this world
Genesis 1:28 says And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
you are blessed already you don't know
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Yahushuabride1: 5:43am On Nov 23, 2015
paxonel:

when a girl dresses she dress because she like the style not because of anybody. should she not dress the style she is happy to put on all because there is one Christian brother who is lustful in his desire and can not control himself ? should she forgo her happiness to please a lustful Christian brother? this is how women are suppressed by african tradition and religion to strip off their right and happiness putting preference first to what the men want in the society and church. very ridiculous tradition

1 Corinthians 8Amplified Bible (AMP)

Take Care with Your Liberty

8 Now about food sacrificed to idols, we know that we all have knowledge [concerning this]. Knowledge [alone] makes [people self-righteously] arrogant, but love [that unselfishly seeks the best for others] builds up and encourages others to grow [in wisdom]. 2 If anyone imagines that he knows and understands anything [of divine matters, without love], he has not yet known as he ought to know. 3 But if anyone loves God [with awe-filled reverence, obedience and gratitude], he is known by Him [as His very own and is greatly loved].

4 In this matter, then, of eating food offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world [it has no real existence], and that there is no God but one. 5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, as indeed there are many gods and many lords, 6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, [a]who is the source of all things, and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things [that have been created], and we [believers exist and have life and have been redeemed] through Him.

7 However, not all [believers] have this knowledge. But some, being accustomed [throughout their lives] to [thinking of] the idol until now [as real and living], still eat food [b]as if it were sacrificed to an idol; and because their conscience is weak, it is defiled (guilty, ashamed). 8 Now food will not commend us to God nor bring us close to Him; we are no worse off if we do not eat, nor are we better if we do eat. 9 Only be careful that this liberty of yours [this power to choose] does not somehow become a stumbling block [that is, a temptation to sin] to the weak [in conscience]. 10 For if someone sees you, a person having [c]knowledge, [d]eating in an idol’s temple, then if he is weak, will he not be encouraged to eat things sacrificed to idols [and violate his own convictions]? 11 For through your knowledge (spiritual maturity) this weak man is ruined [that is, he suffers in his spiritual life], the brother for whom Christ died. 12 And when you sin against the brothers and sisters in this way and wound their weak conscience [by confusing them], you sin against Christ. 13 Therefore, if [my eating a certain] food causes my brother to stumble (sin), I will not eat [such] meat ever again, so that I will not cause my brother to stumble.
[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by Yahushuabride1: 5:47am On Nov 23, 2015
paxonel:

8 Now about food sacrificed to idols, we know that we all have knowledge [concerning this]. Knowledge [alone] makes [people self-righteously] arrogant, but love [that unselfishly seeks the best for others] builds up and encourages others to grow [in wisdom]. 2 If anyone imagines that he knows and understands anything [of divine matters, without love], he has not yet known as he ought to know. 3 But if anyone loves God [with awe-filled reverence, obedience and gratitude], he is known by Him [as His very own and is greatly loved].

4 In this matter, then, of eating food offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world [it has no real existence], and that there is no God but one. 5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, as indeed there are many gods and many lords, 6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, [a]who is the source of all things, and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things [that have been created], and we [believers exist and have life and have been redeemed] through Him.

7 However, not all [believers] have this knowledge. But some, being accustomed [throughout their lives] to [thinking of] the idol until now [as real and living], still eat food [b]as if it were sacrificed to an idol; and because their conscience is weak, it is defiled (guilty, ashamed). 8 Now food will not commend us to God nor bring us close to Him; we are no worse off if we do not eat, nor are we better if we do eat. 9 Only be careful that this liberty of yours [this power to choose] does not somehow become a stumbling block [that is, a temptation to sin] to the weak [in conscience]. 10 For if someone sees you, a person having [c]knowledge, [d]eating in an idol’s temple, then if he is weak, will he not be encouraged to eat things sacrificed to idols [and violate his own convictions]? 11 For through your knowledge (spiritual maturity) this weak man is ruined [that is, he suffers in his spiritual life], the brother for whom Christ died. 12 And when you sin against the brothers and sisters in this way and wound their weak conscience [by confusing them], you sin against Christ. 13 Therefore, if [my eating a certain] food causes my brother to stumble (sin), I will not eat [such] meat ever again, so that I will not cause my brother to stumble.
Re: Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays by paxonel(m): 5:24am On Dec 05, 2015
Yahushuabride1:

thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Prophet Genesis Refuses Offering From Church Members Because Of Naira Crisis / If You.Are To Spend One Day With One Bible Character, Who Would It Be? / Shiloh 2022: Covenant Highways (Live Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.