Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

When You Are Grown And Still Living With Your Parents - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When You Are Grown And Still Living With Your Parents (595 Views)

Remember The Mcghee Sextuplets? They Are Grown / Am Getting Ashamed Of Still Living A Single Guy / Amazing Photos Of Grown Nigerian Quintuplets & Quadruplets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When You Are Grown And Still Living With Your Parents by Rapmoney(m): 3:49pm On Dec 30, 2012
I just thought I should share this with fellow Nairalanders. I left my parents' house about a year ago that was 2 years after my Nysc. The 2 years I spent at home was something else. You are faced with lack of privacy, you can't bring visitors home, you are scared to become deeply close to a lady because you are afraid she might look down on you when she discovers that you still live with your Parents, the folks in your area don't respect you, the children in the neighborhood no longer greet you because they feel your face has 'lingered' too long in the neighborhood, you take cover when certain family people visit because you don't want them to know you still live with mum and dad...and you are grown!

On December 24th, a friend complained to me that his fiancee has vowed never to visit him until he leaves his parents' house. I visited my parents this xmas and discovered that some of my pals in the neighborhood still live with their parents. Most of them are nearly 30! The simple respect I get from people in my area now confirms the fact that it is a painful thing when you are grown and still live with your parents. I know it has not been easy for some but it is well.

Nairalanders, share your experience...
Re: When You Are Grown And Still Living With Your Parents by Pysam(m): 5:02pm On Dec 30, 2012
You av some point my guy.but the funny thing is that your parent ll want you around and your plan to stay alone ll be a fight against the family unity and their love to take care of you.others ll feel you want space to start wayward life style, I just hope every parent ll under stand. Cos when we over stay our welcome it ll lead to many problems born out of misunderstanding

(1) (Reply)

April Fool Wahala / 101-yr-old Three-storey Building Collapses In Kaduna / Christmas Chicken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.