Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,739 members, 7,802,242 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! (21791 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Amazing Story: Pastor & Kids Saved After Huge Tree Suddenly Fell On Their SUV / Instead Of Capital Jewish Sentence-stoning, Jesus Was Hung On A Tree: Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by Alphazee(f): 5:30pm On Feb 21, 2008
I can tell you authoritatively that Jesus was hung on a tree. grin

Acts 10:39 "whom they slew and hanged on a tree"

Acts 5:30 "Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree"

Acts 13:29 "they took him down from the tree"

1 Peter 2:24 "who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree"
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by 4Him(m): 9:00pm On Feb 21, 2008
and?
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by JeSoul(f): 9:09pm On Feb 21, 2008
here's a free tip alphazee:

if you can tell us what the crosses they hung people from were made of, I promise it'll open up a whole new world of insight you previously didn't know about grin

Option A: trees
Option B: wood
Option C: I refuse to accept trees or wood as the answer for no good reason.
tongue

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by Alphazee(f): 5:30pm On Feb 22, 2008
@4him
and?

so why use the cross as a symbol of Christianity?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by Alphazee(f): 5:44pm On Feb 22, 2008
@JeSoul

if you can tell us what the crosses they hung people from were made of, I promise it'll open up a whole new world of insight you previously didn't know about

A cross can be made from a tree. Does the make the cross a tree? shocked
Just like "Suya" can be derived from a cow, if I tell you I bought "Suya" will you tell your friends I bought a cow? grin grin
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by holythug(m): 5:47pm On Feb 22, 2008
to my ears . . .its uncomfortable
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by bawomolo(m): 5:49pm On Feb 22, 2008
i doubt it's still considered a tree after it's carved into a cross.

Alphazee, u should check my contradictions thread for some more ammunition
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by Alphazee(f): 5:51pm On Feb 22, 2008
@JeSoul

if you can tell us what the crosses they hung people from were made of, I promise it'll open up a whole new world of insight you previously didn't know about  

A cross can be made from a tree alright, but does that make the cross a tree?  

Just like Milk can be derived from a cow, or a goat; if I tell you I bought  "milk" will you tell your friends I bought a cow or a goat?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by Alphazee(f): 5:53pm On Feb 22, 2008
@bawomolo
doubt it's still considered a tree after it's carved into a cross.

Alphazee, u should check my contradictions thread for some more ammunition

I will, thanks for the tip
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by holythug(m): 5:56pm On Feb 22, 2008
dis thread is cursed angry

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by Horus(m): 6:01pm On Feb 22, 2008
I can tell you authoritatively that Jesus was hung on a tree.
Maybe this Jesus simply growed on a tree grin .This Jesus was a Bad fruit grin
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by uchetobi(f): 6:02pm On Feb 22, 2008
what does it matter? tree or cross?
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by Horus(m): 6:15pm On Feb 22, 2008
uchetobi:

what does it matter? tree or cross?
Yes it matter!!.Can you imagine,now  all christians will have a reason to have a tree hanging from their necks or on top of the church roof instead of a cross grin
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by firestar(f): 6:29pm On Feb 22, 2008
''The shape of the [two-beamed cross] had its origin in ancient Chaldea, and was used as the symbol of the god Tammuz (being in the shape of the mystic Tau, the intial of his name) in that country and in adjacent lands, including Egypt. By the middle of the 3rd cent. A.D. the churches had either departed from, or had travestied, certain doctrines of the Christian faith. In order to increase the prestige of the apostate ecclesiastical system pagans were received into the churches apart from regeneration by faith, and were permitted largely to retain their pagan signs and symbols. Hence the Tau or T, in its most frequent form, with the cross-piece lowered, was adopted to stand for the cross of Christ.'' -An Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words (London, 1962), W. E. Vine, p. 256.
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by firestar(f): 6:47pm On Feb 22, 2008
@Horus
What most So-called christians never realized is the fact that veneration of the cross or any carved image(s) is a form of idolatry.
Ex. 20:4, 5, JB: ''You shall not make yourself a carved image or any likeness of anything in heaven or on earth beneath or in the waters under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them.'' (Notice that God commanded that his people not even -make an image- before which people would bot down.)
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by Horus(m): 7:02pm On Feb 22, 2008
firestar:

''The shape of the [two-beamed cross] had its origin in ancient Chaldea, and was used as the symbol of the god Tammuz (being in the shape of the mystic Tau, the intial of his name) in that country and in adjacent lands, including Egypt. By the middle of the 3rd cent. A.D. the churches had either departed from, or had travestied, certain doctrines of the Christian faith. In order to increase the prestige of the apostate ecclesiastical system pagans were received into the churches apart from regeneration by faith, and were permitted largely to retain their pagan signs and symbols. Hence the Tau or T, in its most frequent form, with the cross-piece lowered, was adopted to stand for the cross of Christ.'' -An Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words (London, 1962), W. E. Vine, p. 256.

@Horus
What most So-called christians never realized is the fact that veneration of the cross or any carved image(s)  is a form of idolatry.
Christians are indeed idols whorshipers.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by bawomolo(m): 7:05pm On Feb 22, 2008
Constantinople incorporated many roman and Egyptian practices into Christianity. the similarities is not a surprise
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by ceceee(f): 7:15pm On Feb 22, 2008
hey guys,i miss nairaland,i miss u guys.and watz this stuff abt jesus bin nailed on a tree?of wat use is this infor xacly?does it change anything?
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by JeSoul(f): 8:13pm On Feb 22, 2008
Alphazee:

@JeSoul
A cross can be made from a tree alright, but does that make the cross a tree? 

Just like Milk can be derived from a cow, or a goat; if I tell you I bought  "milk" will you tell your friends I bought a cow or a goat? 
  my my what faulty shaky reasoning we have here. . .
  are you now going to doubt that the cross was made of wood? which is gotten from a tree?
a quick wikipedia or google search will show you detailed historical records that people crucified in that time were on crosses made of wood. What are going to say it was made of? iron? gold?

If Jesus was nailed to a cross doesn't common sense tell you it could not have been metal or silver or gold? but that it was wood? or maybe I'm asking too much for the perpetraitors to use their common sense here.

*hisses* how ridiculous is this topic!  angry
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by Nobody: 9:21pm On Feb 22, 2008
Sincerely no amount of statistics can make me agree that there is a better school in Nigeria than OAU,UI,UNILAG, (order not too important). I just like those three universities. Too prestigious. ABU also rules, but in the North
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by firestar(f): 11:28pm On Feb 22, 2008
@Cecee
This is one of several incorporated doctrines ignorantly followed by the masses my sister.
@Horus
Well illustrated.
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by MCUsman(m): 1:08pm On Feb 23, 2008
firestar:

@Cecee
This is one of several incorporated doctrines ignorantly followed by the masses my sister.
@Horus
Well illustrated.

One day the sheep will see the truth. I hope sooner rather than later.
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by firestar(f): 8:51pm On Feb 23, 2008
@MC Usman
Soon. I just hope the pure hearted sift the truth. There's more to than what meets the eye. . .
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by bawomolo(m): 9:04pm On Feb 23, 2008
would u call a wooden bench a tree?? why call a cross a tree then??
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by MCUsman(m): 2:55pm On Feb 24, 2008
bawomolo:

would u call a wooden bench a tree?? why call a cross a tree then??

Yes they can call a wooden bench a tree. ”
It is as simple as proving by some mathematical formula how water can remain water and the same time be fire, or how a stone can be a stone and at the same time be water too. I do not think any sensible man on earth can ever conceive such a stupid possibility.
The cross is the basic formula and symbol of the Christian Faith this symbol like the trinity/Matrix is beyond the grasp of human reason. One should believe in the doctrine only by one’s heart and mind! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided period.

@ babawomolo

", seeing they see not; hearing they hear not, neither do they understand." (Matthew 13:13) .
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by 4Him(m): 6:17pm On Feb 24, 2008
MC Usman:

One day the sheep will see the truth. I hope sooner rather than later.

Sheep? When did that creep into is'lamic language? Does al'lah now regard his slaves as sheep?

MC Usman:

It is as simple as proving by some mathematical formula how water can remain water and the same time be fire, or how a stone can be a stone and at the same time be water too. I do not think any sensible man on earth can ever conceive such a stupid possibility.

that's true . . . i'm just wondering how a sensible man on earth can also concieve a "stupid" possibility that the sun sets in a muddy spring or that moh'ammad actually split the moon or that life gushes from between a man's breast and his loins . . .

MC Usman:

The cross is the basic formula and symbol of the Christian Faith this symbol like the trinity/Matrix is beyond the grasp of human reason. One should believe in the doctrine only by one’s heart and mind! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided period.

True. considering the fact that the trinity is never once mentioned in the bible and as a concept has been fully explained more than 10x on this forum i'm not surprised that its still beyond the grasp of NOT human reasoning per se but the reasoning of those for whom pretending that it is beyond reasoning is the only logical way of lending some legitimacy to their own falsehood.

MC Usman:

@ babawomolo

", seeing they see not; hearing they hear not, neither do they understand." (Matthew 13:13) .

waoh! The day a mus'lim quotes his ko'ran rather than the bible they claim is corrupted will be the day!
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by mmonwuba(m): 11:16pm On Feb 24, 2008
it rather very ridiculous that we talk the issue of religion like this. I wouldn't want to start taking points ut of earlier threads but the issue is @poster what do u know of the religion u follow, i suppose the answer is going to be "i am an atheist" but how and in what form did u become made, don't forget atheist before you, on their dying bed, confessed Jesus Christ to be Lord. Don't be fooled.
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by Alphazee(f): 2:19pm On Feb 25, 2008
@mmomwuba
it rather very ridiculous that we talk the issue of religion like this. I wouldn't want to start taking points ut of earlier threads but the issue is @poster what do u know of the religion u follow, i suppose the answer is going to be "i am an atheist" but how and in what form did u become made, don't forget atheist before you, on their dying bed, confessed Jesus Christ to be Lord. Don't be fooled.

Your religion was founded based on injustice:

"For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners,, "Rom. 5:19
"For as in Adam all die, , "1Cor. 15:22
(Did you create or could you control Adam?)

For no fault of yours, so you were condemned right from birth. So are your children yet unborn cry

On the other hand, the religion I follow is a just religion: I wasn't born a sinner but if I sin, I'll pay wink
Your Bible even supports me:
Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their fathers; each is to die for his own sin. Deut. 24:16

The concept of Original Sin is to merely to justify why Jesus had to be Murdered by being hung on a tree grin
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by olabowale(m): 2:38pm On Feb 25, 2008
@4Him:
Sheep? When did that creep into is'lamic language? Does al'lah now regard his slaves as sheep?
Cattle; sheep will have to be from this specie. There is a chapter cattle "the Cattle," in the Qur'an. There is also a verse where the Almighty regarded the disbelievers to be worse than cattles: all the species of Cattles. Then there is a verse where the Almighty says that disbelievers will be herded into the fire of hell like how the herder drives the cattles (sheep), to drinking place or pasture.
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by Alphazee(f): 5:16pm On Feb 26, 2008
In order to increase the prestige of the apostate ecclesiastical system pagans were received into the churches apart from regeneration by faith, and were permitted largely to retain their pagan signs and symbols. Hence the Tau or T, in its most frequent form, with the cross-piece lowered, was adopted to stand for the cross of Christ.'' -An Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words (London, 1962), W. E. Vine, p. 256.

So the Cross was adapted from pagans! grin
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by 4Him(m): 10:37pm On Feb 26, 2008
olabowale:

@4Him: Cattle; sheep will have to be from this specie. There is a chapter cattle "the Cattle," in the Qur'an. There is also a verse where the Almighty regarded the disbelievers to be worse than cattles: all the species of Cattles. Then there is a verse where the Almighty says that disbelievers will be herded into the fire of hell like how the herder drives the cattles (sheep), to drinking place or pasture.

Olabowale, your hypocrisy is a disgrace. Is a cow the same as a sheep? shocked Pls spare me this deciet!
there is a chapter called cattle in the qur'an, al'lah regards disbelievers worse than cattle, all disbelievers will be herded into fire like cattle . . . where did you answer my question . . .

When did al'lah refer to his slaves as sheep?
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by olabowale(m): 2:32am On Feb 27, 2008
@4Him; I thought you at least understand that I will tell you the truth. Well check verse 6 of the Qur'an as listed below.

The Chapters of the Qur'an:

AL-FATIHA (THE OPENING)
AL-BAQARA (THE COW)
AAL-E-IMRAN (THE FAMILY OF 'IMRAN, THE HOUSE OF 'IMRAN)
AN-NISA (WOMEN)
AL-MAEDA (THE TABLE, THE TABLE SPREAD)
AL-ANAAM (CATTLE, LIVESTOCK)
AL-ARAF (THE HEIGHTS)
AL-ANFAL (SPOILS OF WAR, BOOTY)
AT-TAWBA (REPENTANCE, DISPENSATION)
YUNUS (JONAH)
HUD (HUD)
YUSUF (JOSEPH)
AR-RAD (THE THUNDER)
IBRAHIM (ABRAHAM)
AL-HIJR (AL-HIJR, STONELAND, ROCK CITY)
AN-NAHL (THE BEE)
AL-ISRA (ISRA', THE NIGHT JOURNEY, CHILDREN OF ISRAEL)
AL-KAHF (THE CAVE)
MARYAM (MARY)
TA-HA (TA-HA)
AL-ANBIYA (THE PROPHETS)
AL-HAJJ (THE PILGRIMAGE)
AL-MUMENOON (THE BELIEVERS)
AN-NOOR (THE LIGHT)
AL-FURQAN (THE CRITERION, THE STANDARD)
ASH-SHUARA (THE POETS)
AN-NAML (THE ANT, THE ANTS)
AL-QASAS (THE STORY, STORIES)
AL-ANKABOOT (THE SPIDER)
AR-ROOM (THE ROMANS, THE BYZANTINES)
LUQMAN (LUQMAN)
AS-SAJDA (THE PROSTRATION,WORSHIP, ADORATION)
AL-AHZAB (THE CLANS, THE COALITION,THE COMBINED FORCES)
SABA (SABA, SHEBA)
FATIR (THE ANGELS, ORIGNATOR)
YA-SEEN (YA-SEEN)
AS-SAAFFAT (THOSE WHO SET THE RANKS,DRAWN UP IN RANKS)
SAD (THE LETTER SAD)
AZ-ZUMAR (THE TROOPS, THRONGS)
AL-GHAFIR (THE FORGIVER (GOD) )
FUSSILAT (EXPLAINED IN DETAIL)
ASH-SHURA (COUNCIL, CONSULTATION)
AZ-ZUKHRUF (ORNAMENTS OF GOLD, LUXURY)
AD-DUKHAN (SMOKE)
AL-JATHIYA (CROUCHING)
AL-AHQAF (THE WIND-CURVED SANDHILLS, THE DUNES)
MUHAMMAD (MUHAMMAD)
AL-FATH (VICTORY, CONQUEST)
AL-HUJRAAT (THE PRIVATE APARTMENTS, THE INNER APARTMENTS)
QAF (THE LETTER QAF)
ADH-DHARIYAT (THE WINNOWING WINDS)
AT-TUR (THE MOUNT)
AN-NAJM (THE STAR)
AL-QAMAR (THE MOON)
AR-RAHMAN (THE BENEFICENT, THE MERCY GIVING)
AL-WAQIA (THE EVENT, THE INEVITABLE)
AL-HADID (THE IRON)
AL-MUJADILA (SHE THAT DISPUTETH, THE PLEADING WOMAN)
AL-HASHR (EXILE, BANISHMENT)
AL-MUMTAHINA (SHE THAT IS TO BE EXAMINED, EXAMINING HER)
AS-SAFF (THE RANKS, BATTLE ARRAY)
AL-JUMUA (THE CONGREGATION, FRIDAY)
AL-MUNAFIQOON (THE HYPOCRITES)
AT-TAGHABUN (MUTUAL DISILLUSION, HAGGLING)
AT-TALAQ (DIVORCE)
AT-TAHRIM (BANNING, PROHIBITION)
AL-MULK (THE SOVEREIGNTY, CONTROL)
AL-QALAM (THE PEN)
AL-HAAQQA (THE REALITY)
AL-MAARIJ (THE ASCENDING STAIRWAYS)
NOOH (NOOH)
AL-JINN (THE JINN)
AL-MUZZAMMIL (THE ENSHROUDED ONE, BUNDLED UP)
AL-MUDDATHTHIR (THE CLOAKED ONE, THE MAN WEARING A CLOAK)
AL-QIYAMA (THE RISING OF THE DEAD, RESURRECTION)
AL-INSAN (MAN)
AL-MURSALAT (THE EMISSARIES, WINDS SENT FORTH)
AN-NABA (THE TIDINGS, THE ANNOUNCEMENT)
AN-NAZIAT (THOSE WHO DRAG FORTH, SOUL-SNATCHERS)
ABASA (HE FROWNED)
AT-TAKWIR (THE OVERTHROWING)
AL-INFITAR (THE CLEAVING, BURSTING APART)
AL-MUTAFFIFIN (DEFRAUDING, THE CHEATS, CHEATING)
AL-INSHIQAQ (THE SUNDERING, SPLITTING OPEN)
AL-BUROOJ (THE MANSIONS OF THE STARS, CONSTELLATIONS)
AT-TARIQ (THE MORNING STAR, THE NIGHTCOMER)
AL-ALA (THE MOST HIGH, GLORY TO YOUR LORD IN THE HIGHEST)
AL-GHASHIYA (THE OVERWHELMING, THE PALL)
AL-FAJR (THE DAWN, DAYBREAK)
AL-BALAD (THE CITY, THIS COUNTRYSIDE)
ASH-SHAMS (THE SUN)
AL-LAIL (THE NIGHT)
AD-DHUHA (THE MORNING HOURS, MORNING BRIGHT)
AL-INSHIRAH (SOLACE, CONSOLATION, RELIEF)
AT-TIN (THE FIG, THE FIGTREE)
AL-ALAQ (THE CLOT, READ)
AL-QADR (POWER, FATE)
AL-BAYYINA (THE CLEAR PROOF, EVIDENCE)
AZ-ZALZALA (THE EARTHQUAKE)
AL-ADIYAT (THE COURSER, THE CHARGERS)
AL-QARIA (THE CALAMITY, THE STUNNING BLOW, THE DISASTER
AT-TAKATHUR (RIVALRY IN WORLD INCREASE, COMPETITION
AL-ASR (THE DECLINING DAY, EVENTIDE, THE EPOCH)
AL-HUMAZA (THE TRADUCER, THE GOSSIPMONGER)
AL-FIL (THE ELEPHANT)
QURAISH (WINTER, QURAYSH)
AL-MAUN (SMALL KINDNESSES, ALMSGIVING, HAVE YOU SEEN)
AL-KAUTHER (ABUNDANCE, PLENTY)
AL-KAFIROON (THE DISBELIEVERS, ATHEISTS)
AN-NASR (SUCCOUR, DIVINE SUPPORT)
AL-MASADD (PALM FIBRE, THE FLAME)
AL-IKHLAS (SINCERITY)
AL-FALAQ (THE DAYBREAK, DAWN)
AN-NAS (MANKIND)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church / Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It / Bishop Isaac Idahosa Distributes Food, Cash To Over 600 Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.