Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence (7185 Views)

We Won’t Provide Sureties For Metuh –jalo / Bola Tinubu Hosts Danny Glover At His Residence (Photos) / Tinubu Celebrates With People At His Residence Over Apc’s Big Win (photos) (2) (3) (4)

Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence by pitoski(m): 8:12pm On Dec 30, 2012
Unidentified persons have kidnapped a member of the Gombe State House of Assembly, Alhaji Jalo Ganga (PDP-Gombe North ), in his residence in the Gombe metropolis on Sunday.

A source told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that the kidnappers with a motorcycle, abducted the lawmaker around 5 a.m. when he was going for his morning prayers.

The source said the lawmaker shouted for help to no avail as his captors were bent on taking away to an unknown destination.

The Commissioner of Police in Gombe, Malam Mohammed Sule, confirmed the incident, saying that the lawmaker was kidnapped on Sunday morning.

“Yes, we just heard this morning that some hoodlums came with a motorcycle while he was going to pray.”

“He was accosted and they took him on a motorcycle; it seemed a vehicle was parked close to his house, because people said they heard a sound of a vehicle zoom off, ” he said.

The police chief explained that the kidnappers abandoned their motorcycle with no plate number.

He assured the public that the police comand would do all within it powers to rescue the lawmaker.

“My investigators and intelligence officers are already working to trace his whereabouts and the motive behind his kidnap,” he said.

He noted that two mobile phones owned by the lawmaker were abandoned, wondering if a ransom was the motive for the kidnap.

The Gombe State Director of the State Security Services (SSS), Mr Bitrus Asher, also confirmed the incident.

The Speaker of the Assembly, Alhaji Inuwa Garba, said: “we are making some efforts please and I don’t want to say anything about it now”.

NAN reports that Ganga who is the Chairman of House Committee on Finance, was at the Seventh Annual Cultural Festival, staged by the Tangale ethnic group on Saturday.

http://africanspotlight.com/2012/12/gombe-lawmaker-kidnapped/
http://www.gistnaija.com/2012/12/breaking-news-gombe-lawmaker-jalo-ganga.html
Re: Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence by confusion247(m): 9:07pm On Dec 30, 2012
This is a welcomed development. Another step in the right direction.

Re: Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 30, 2012
If am not the 2nd to comment who else? Dettol be absolutely sure

Re: Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 30, 2012
Who says God does nt ans d prayas of garri drinking faithfuls

Re: Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence by babymama3: 2:28am On Jan 02, 2013
So the thing don reach that side?
God save us
Re: Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence by GARRIx7(m): 2:50am On Jan 02, 2013
There's a feeling I have whenever evil befalls members of the ruling class....
Help me Oh God!!!
Hope I'm not losing my humanity....... angry angry

Re: Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence by Nobody: 5:05am On Jan 02, 2013
Good news to cap the New year celebration.

I hope the kidnappers collect their own pound of flesh from that lawmaker cu.m leech. grin

Re: Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence by Nobody: 5:06am On Jan 02, 2013
GARRI (x7):
There's a feeling I have whenever evil befalls members of the ruling class....
Help me Oh God!!!
Hope I'm not losing my humanity....... angry angry

No you are very sane and human. Believe me bruv. wink

The feeling is thousand-felt. cheesy

Re: Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence by ichommy(m): 8:59am On Jan 02, 2013
Huh, na wah o
Re: Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence by 80million1: 9:01am On Jan 02, 2013
*hmmm*

i gat to go.

E ma dami duro
Re: Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence by CrazyMan(m): 9:02am On Jan 02, 2013
From what I've see so far, the Nigerian police solves cases in three stages.

1. They confirm the incident. Check any newspaper for an crime (could be murder, kidnap, robbery...etc)
What you're most likely to see is that the most superior police officer in the barracks confirmed the incident.

I believe that's one of the orientations they give you when you join the force. (How to confirm incidents)

2. They claim to be on top of the situation even though they have little or no leads on the suspects.

Now after confirming the incident, the next step is to be on top of the situation.

Most of them may not even be familiar with the area the incident occurred, but because they don't want to look incompetent, they have to make this claim.

3. Sweeping the matter under the rug. This is the final stage...once they've confirmed the incident, and moved on top of the situation, the only way for them to remain on top is for the situation to be below.

And the only way for them to ensure that the situation remains below is to sweep it under the carpet.

Nigerian police I hail thee.

Re: Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 02, 2013
Let our youths look for work to do. If you dont find any, go to a building site and work as a labourer and stop waiting for white collar job.

Everyone is experiencing economic hardship in Nigeria, even businessmen. It isnt enough reason to engage in crime.

Re: Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence by markus1133: 9:06am On Jan 02, 2013
just saw on news
Re: Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 02, 2013
SO KIDNAPPING IS NO MORE EXCLUSIVE TO THE SE. ABOKIS DON JOIN. ABOKI WILL DO IT FOR BLOOD AND MONEY
Re: Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence by mrrock: 9:06am On Jan 02, 2013
As long as innocent Nigerians are not the ones being kidnapped.
Re: Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence by neksummi(m): 9:06am On Jan 02, 2013
God save Nigeria.
Re: Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence by miteolu(m): 9:07am On Jan 02, 2013
This is better than boko haram attacks

Re: Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence by dady12: 9:11am On Jan 02, 2013
kidnapping has gone to gombe?this is to tell the political class that no one is safe,kidnapping has become a legal business in naija , this is the result of umemployment, if a lawmaker can be kidnapp ,who else is safe?nigeria is fast in becoming syria and pakistan,God help us
Re: Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence by slimfit1(m): 9:11am On Jan 02, 2013
Hope those kidnappers collect each and every kobo and make sure say you check the money well well oh so they no go trace you. Call me insane I don't care those people have to eat as well, no be only unlawmakers go enjoy this world die na lie.
Re: Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence by Clefcentfelix(m): 9:17am On Jan 02, 2013
He will be released just that the ransom. . . hmmm
Re: Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence by condralbede(m): 9:18am On Jan 02, 2013
Ok nah,happy new year sir.some days are like that.
Re: Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence by slimfit1(m): 9:18am On Jan 02, 2013
okpara ugo: Let our youths look for work to do. If you dont find any, go to a building site and work as a labourer and stop waiting for white collar job.

Everyone is experiencing economic hardship in Nigeria, even businessmen. It isnt enough reason to engage in crime.
sorry young lady the religion section is on the otherside of the page look up and you well see it this is political page ma.we all ent stupid. We don't need preachers here.

Re: Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence by TeenageMoney(m): 9:23am On Jan 02, 2013
OMG!!! So no be Only Igbo Dey Do Kidnap
Re: Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence by Nobody: 9:24am On Jan 02, 2013
Speechless
Re: Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence by Stalemate(m): 9:29am On Jan 02, 2013
Jes passing by..... Aboki with their useless idealogy... So they know how to kidnapp since all this days and they have been shedding innocent blood by sucide bombing... Well sha... Your days are numbered!
Re: Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 02, 2013
When u push the people to the wall,they will turn to attack you, when you deprive people of the basic neccessities of life,then they should expect something like this. Pikin wey talk say him mama no go sleep,himself no go sleep.

A good lesson to the looters,either they change for the better,or leave the country for good governance.
Re: Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence by ebucha: 9:30am On Jan 02, 2013
okpara ugo: Let our youths look for work to do. If you dont find any, go to a building site and work as a labourer and stop waiting for white collar job.

ERROR! The ruling class are no experiencing economic hardship. Not in support of crime in any way.
Re: Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence by jimino(m): 9:33am On Jan 02, 2013
Dats nt 2 bad, if polician cn b kidnapped, dey 2 wil feel d hardship.
Re: Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence by SamMilla1(m): 9:33am On Jan 02, 2013
I think Nigerians will hear a lot of good news this year.

Re: Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence by cigaricon(m): 9:38am On Jan 02, 2013
***grabs a cup of herbal garri tea*** WELCOME TO THE UNDERWORLD cool
Re: Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence by ghettodreamz(m): 9:40am On Jan 02, 2013
Naija oga ooooo embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence by stephenponti(m): 9:42am On Jan 02, 2013
Hmm they should make the ransom & bounty huge enough

Akpabio Commends Uduaghan On Government House / PDP Targets N500m Online Donations For Jonathan’s Campaign / Intimidation Of The Judiciary Capable Of Breeding Anarchy – Obi