Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,486 members, 7,770,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:56 AM

How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 (12000 Views)

Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. / APC Senator-elect Have Now Reduced To 58 • How PDP Can Win / PDP Will Win Lagos Governorship Election – Mu’azu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by andyanders: 12:39pm On Jan 02, 2013
earthgreeners:

Hey Okadaman, how is the bizness on the streets? who told you fashola is eligible to contest for governor in 2015?

Mr.Dog, because of the generational curse on you, even Okada men are better than you are. From all angles, even my houseboy is better than you are. Fashola is ACN and ACN is Fashola and they must be voted out. Because you reason with your anus hence the name calling.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by tawa89(f): 12:43pm On Jan 02, 2013
emron1: well as for facilities or edifice absu is still regarded as the most beautiful state owned university. But that has not made it the best. If lasu is the best then it will be the most sought after and like I said that title goes to imsu. It is actually fifth in nigeria check jamb stats. tnx
my broda u are right. I ve being to so many state universities including LASU, ABSU in terms of structures and Edifices is the best no doubt they even have Americans and Europeans as lecturers.I was shocked when I saw them .the hills and moutains in that school can bring in cool revenue for the govt if its made a tourist site.

1 Like

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by Guk: 12:46pm On Jan 02, 2013
Billyonaire: I live in Lagos because most of my enterprises are here and I can easily access the airports for travels and access the wharf to clear goods. I live in Lagos cos I also have access to the banks headoffices for credits, but my holiday home is currently being constructed at Afro-Tropicana at Uyo while State housing calabar hosts my tourism edifice which will host tourists for revenue. Thanks for the questions and I hope you dont tell me my response is bragging cos you asked for it and I have responded.

Oga Billyonaire, you have the best of both worlds. Please enjoy it and as you do so, pls give kudos to the environment that has enabled you to be enterprenueral and given you access to the Market that can enable you invest back home. Without the market Lagos provides to u, u wld probably be operating at less intensive levels in other states
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by tawa89(f): 12:48pm On Jan 02, 2013
earthgreeners:

Bros do you know exactly what FACILITIES means in a University....
ABSU ko, ESU ni.....
LASU is the best state owned university in Nigeria......
IMSU is in the same class with OOU, forget the Free education stunt by Rochas....
We are talking about Quality and not Quantity....

Although, I would really love LASG to review that fee...
IMSU is way better than dat dead school in Ogbomosho . U have neva being to ABSU. So u are not an authority in this case.

2 Likes

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by olivertwist: 12:49pm On Jan 02, 2013
Billyonaire: Exactly my point. I pointed Akwa Ibom and Cross River states. These are more people's civilized states than Lagos. What I mean is that the people in those states apart from the milestones achieved by their govt are more civilized in attitude than Lagosians. Should PDP want to win Lagos, they should field a people centred civil technocrat that is loved by the people. We will vote the individual which ever party he is running on, especially the PDP

Yes, I agree with you. Just like PDP fielded GEJ, a people-centred civil technocrat that is loved by the people nationwide bcoz of his proven competence & huge experience.

GEJ is the type of candidate PDP need in Lagos state in order to beat ACN. And if the candidate had no shoes like GEJ, ACN will be in trouble. With this, Lagos & the entire SW will go back to PDP.

P D P....POWER TO THE PEOPLE...lol

1 Like

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by kaze4blues(m): 12:49pm On Jan 02, 2013
Useless Op

Hw does it profit u if pdp takes over lagos state. U want to experience another years of wasteful spendin. SW is nw better @ d hands of can compared to d pdp cabal.
Hw wil u compare d administratns of aregbesola, amosun fasola, ajimobi wt d useless oyinlola, alao akala, gbenga daniel?

A word is enof for d wise

1 Like

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by tawa89(f): 12:55pm On Jan 02, 2013
emron1: stop arguing like a kid bro give me stats. To back ur claims. Have u ever left ur lasgidi.
I don't think he has......he isn't an authority in dis discourse because he hasn't visited d two aforementioned institutions .I have being to both schools I can tell u that the infrastructures in ABSU is better dan most Federal owned Universities including my own FUTO the school was well planned.

1 Like

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by rabdeluxe(m): 12:58pm On Jan 02, 2013
Aderostock:
Good intention bad policy!
By the way, who told you we are not enjoying ACN? Can't you be logical or reasonable for once that okada ban in some selected routes has done more good than harm? Can you compare LASU with any state university in Nigeria even though I believe the fees should be reduced? Please answer my questions
SHITTT
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by GlorifiedTunde(m): 12:59pm On Jan 02, 2013
Abeg, I'm too hungry to drag political/politicking issues. Wait till 2015 and see what happens; like there's any change our arguments can make. We just gotta pray, ONLY GOD DECIDES.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by nollywood20: 1:02pm On Jan 02, 2013
lateef4me: There is no doubt that lagosians especially the middle class and lower class are fed of Fashola and his anti -mass policies and programmes which has rendered many people penniless to the delight of his godfather ,Bola Tinubu .

From aggrieved medical doctors,to many displaced traders and okada riders to LASU students who could no longer afford to pay their school fees,the list is endless of aggrieved lagosians who will not want to see another Fashola returns to Alausa come 2015 .

Now,to be sincere with ourselves,ACN cannot be compared to PDP when it comes to performances especially in southwest . Most of the governors PDP has given us has performed so woefully and this has given ACN some confidence that they now has SW in their pockets .

These are what I think PDP can do to win Lagos come 2015 :

1. Present Jimi Agbaje as their candidate.

2.Mobilize support for him with likes of Obanikuro,Femi Pedro,Mamora and also woo some aggrieved ACN candidates to their side .

3. Make consultations with okada riders associations,medical unions and other trade unions who has felt negative impacts of ACN led administration.

4. Draw up a blueprint for higher institutions in Lagos and make promise towards reducing LASU school fee.

5.Reduce to bearest minimium the influence of like of Bode George and his old brigade .

These are more or less a fairy tale especially in Naija politics . It is something like asking Buhari and Tinubu to forget their presidential ambitions to more acceptable,younger guys like Fashola,Oshiomole,SLS ,El Rufai etc when they finally conclude their merger talks .

ANOTHER DAY DREAMER HAS JUST HAD ANOTHER WET DREAM. grin
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by Dodola: 1:08pm On Jan 02, 2013
The issue of PDP winning Lagos come 2015 is nothing short of complete impossibility. It will be like a case of an Astronaut jetting towards the sun. However, Lagos must work hard to see that anyone coming after Tunde Fashola must be fearless and bold. He must be his own man who will only respect the constitution of ACN and stick to its manifesto. He must not be a stooge. He must not embrace injustice but eschew it. he will not shut his eyes to corrupt practices of his political godfather and those appointed into his cabinet by him. He must raise up to challenges of his office. He must be the one to appoint his own commissioners. He have decorum n well mannered. He must show respect to people no matter who they may be. He must realise he is there for the time permitted by the constitution and God. Fashola lacks all of the above.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by emron1(m): 1:08pm On Jan 02, 2013
tawa89: I don't think he has......he isn't an authority in dis discourse because he hasn't visited d two aforementioned institutions .I have being to both schools I can tell u that the infrastructures in ABSU is better dan most Federal owned Universities including my own FUTO the school was well planned.
absu was built by a legendary governor @ a time when government was not this corrupt.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by kaze4blues(m): 1:09pm On Jan 02, 2013
tawa89: IMSU is way better than dat dead school in Ogbomosho . U have neva being to ABSU. So u are not an authority in this case.

Tawa or wt do thEy call u, u dare compare LAUTECH wt dt useless IMSU?
Do u thnk standards of sch is measured interms of edifice?
Useless retardeen....see d rankin of LAUTECH by NUC nd get ur mouth shut wt it.
LAUTECH happens to b d best state technology university in nigeria nd u dare call it a dead sch..

Clueless morons.
Evrythn in lautech is nw done usin state-of-the-art technology...evn tuitn fee payments is done electronically via atm online....

No talk am outside oo
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by anonimi: 1:28pm On Jan 02, 2013
Demdem:

Tinubu may not be perfect however its a known fact that he has made very fantastic decision in the past chief among is Fashola himself.

Fashola that Tinubu was ready to impeach two/three years ago and deny him 2nd term with Muiz Banire as replacement?
Or is there another Fashola
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 02, 2013
Guk:

Oga Billyonaire, you have the best of both worlds. Please enjoy it and as you do so, pls give kudos to the environment that has enabled you to be enterprenueral and given you access to the Market that can enable you invest back home. Without the market Lagos provides to u, u wld probably be operating at less intensive levels in other states
God bless you, God bless me and God bless all Lagosians. I am doing all I can give back to my state of benevolence by means of state taxes, tenement rates, adverts levies, residence permits, tollgates and detribalized hiring. As 2015 approaches, lets hold our votes in high esteem and vote for a technocrat with promising and confirmable code of conduct irrespective of party of affiliation. Should we find a saint contesting using PDP or LP or ANPP we should not fail to cast our vote but we will welcome it if ACN candidates go through open and fair primaries and no annointed by the Lion of Bourdillon cos by doing so always, Tinubu has made the ACN to truly stay true to its real meaning, Asiwaju Company of Nigeria. Lets shun Godfatherism. Its the only way the choice of ACN party members for Governorship can emerge, enough is enough, no more annointing. Eko no go spoil oh

2 Likes

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by snowprince01(m): 1:31pm On Jan 02, 2013
Oga how much dem pay u?
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by Demdem(m): 1:33pm On Jan 02, 2013
anonimi:

Fashola that Tinubu was ready to impeach two/three years ago and deny him 2nd term with Muiz Banire as replacement?
Or is there another Fashola

Mere speculations. Ni basis whatsoever.
Am quite aware that both Tinubu and Fashola campaigned together for fasholas second term.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by dady12: 1:34pm On Jan 02, 2013
those people
claiming that banning of okada ve negative effect on politics are
making a big mistakes,during voting time, you will see them making their
money from a drop,there is nothg wrong in sacking all those doctor cos
you cannot see patient dieing in hospitals and doctors will be
demanding for salary increase,interms of party pdp is an association of
political buccaners and a total failure,can you count any pdp gov that
is doing well?look at my state delta,we ve a governor of abandon
project,infact i will never vote for pdp till death,i think ACN are not
better but at present, their governors are doing good jobs
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by isuomo: 1:35pm On Jan 02, 2013
There will be no PDP in 2015 anyway so this topic is moot.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by cornor(m): 1:35pm On Jan 02, 2013
[color=#770077][/color] ;DTime will tell
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by sojiboy(m): 1:36pm On Jan 02, 2013
What make Lasu d best State sch,I am sure u re not typinn under d influence of alcohol,I stayed behind Lasu main campus,Agboroko and am a Student of EKSU,Imsu is by no way mate to dis Useless sch called Lasu,what are ur criteria to ve make u conclude Lasu is d best,My dear,Even Eksu is better dan ur Multi-campus Lasu with hell of Lecture theartres and yet a burden on Lagosian.Imsu is best,Absu is not bad eida,Eksu is better infact Lasu no dey 1st 6 state Institution bt for d sake dat its located in SW,we tends to enjoy academic recognition bt in d real sence Lasu to small.
The sincere Truth is that Pdp is not and option for Lasgidi except if there is a candidate like Mimiko or Okorocha cos this Cannibal party called ACN will eat Lagosians Raw if care is not taken they re Vampires suckin our money with No mercy.Apart from Oshiomole that we ve been givin a lit bit better report who else among S/w Governor ve we heard of good abt there 1st work is to increase there state university sch fees and suspend every Union that can fight against dere wicked policies.I pity Lagosian cos if Acn continue in this
state like dis,i can see enuf criminal act coming in place.No doubt youth dat sch outside Lagos are not planning to come back majority wants to stay in Akure,Uyo,cross-river,Ilorin and plateau.If lagos must be freed A better Pdp candidate shud be made to be in place of LP shud be sponsored to tackle dis eyeskongba called Tivnubutt.ireee
Angelgabby from Eksu
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by sojiboy(m): 1:36pm On Jan 02, 2013
What makes Lasu d best State sch,I am sure u re not typinn under d influence of alcohol,I stayed behind Lasu main campus,Agboroko and am a Student of EKSU,Imsu is by no way mate to dis Useless sch called Lasu,what are ur criteria to ve make u conclude Lasu is d best,My dear,Even Eksu is better dan ur Multi-campus Lasu with hell of Lecture theartres and yet a burden on Lagosian.Imsu is best,Absu is not bad eida,Eksu is better infact Lasu no dey 1st 6 state Institution bt for d sake dat its located in SW,we tends to enjoy academic recognition bt in d real sence Lasu to small.
The sincere Truth is that Pdp is not and option for Lasgidi except if there is a candidate like Mimiko or Okorocha cos this Cannibal party called ACN will eat Lagosians Raw if care is not taken they re Vampires suckin our money with No mercy.Apart from Oshiomole that we ve been givin a lit bit better report who else among S/w Governor ve we heard of good abt there 1st work is to increase there state university sch fees and suspend every Union that can fight against dere wicked policies.I pity Lagosian cos if Acn continue in this
state like dis,i can see enuf criminal act coming in place.No doubt youth dat sch outside Lagos are not planning to come back majority wants to stay in Akure,Uyo,cross-river,Ilorin and plateau.If lagos must be freed A better Pdp candidate shud be made to be in place of LP shud be sponsored to tackle dis eyeskongba called Tivnubutt.ireee
Angelgabby from Eksu
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by anonimi: 1:40pm On Jan 02, 2013
Demdem:

Mere speculations. Ni basis whatsoever.
Am quite aware that both Tinubu and Fashola campaigned together for fasholas second term.

You guys would wish we have amnesia, right.

Nigeria: Anxiety Over Plot to Impeach Fashola

Lagos — Anxiety is mounting in Lagos following alleged plans by certain individuals to use members of the Lagos State House of Assembly to impeach the Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola on grounds of financial misappropriation.

Miffed by what is widely considered by teeming Lagosians as a phantom accusation, thousands of Lagosians under the aegis of Coalition of Youths for Good Governance (CYGG) yesterday a peaceful protest to the State House of Assembly to challenge the members against alleged plans to impeach Governor, Babatunde Raji Fashola over a speculated rift between him and his predecessor, Bola Tinubu.

All Africa

Tinubu campaigned for his boy after they were reconciled.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by engrfcuksmtin(m): 1:51pm On Jan 02, 2013
OK
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by jmaine: 1:54pm On Jan 02, 2013
People who believe the PDP can't win Lagos are just being overtly emotional

All we need is credible Technocrat and the rest will be history....

1 Like

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by Guk: 1:57pm On Jan 02, 2013
Billyonaire: God bless you, God bless me and God bless all Lagosians. I am doing all I can give back to my state of benevolence by means of state taxes, tenement rates, adverts levies, residence permits, tollgates and detribalized hiring. As 2015 approaches, lets hold our votes in high esteem and vote for a technocrat with promising and confirmable code of conduct irrespective of party of affiliation. Should we find a saint contesting using PDP or LP or ANPP we should not fail to cast our vote but we will welcome it if ACN candidates go through open and fair primaries and no annointed by the Lion of Bourdillon cos by doing so always, Tinubu has made the ACN to truly stay true to its real meaning, Asiwaju Company of Nigeria. Lets shun Godfatherism. Its the only way the choice of ACN party members for Governorship can emerge, enough is enough, no more annointing. Eko no go spoil oh

I havent had a good Nairaland laff like this before. Your humour pass OBJ own grin grin grin grin

But on a Macroeconomic level, our state of benevolence is measuring up. It takes a Strong Hand to run a Megacity xterised by the following:Slums; Homelessness; Traffic congestion; Air pollution; Crime; Land pollution (Waste dumps); Urban sprawl(Spilling out of your own city and spilling into neighbors like Ogun state; Gentrification (Simply meaning, low income areas are bn bought over by the wealthy and regenerating such places and the poor who hitherto lived there have to move away. This happens in Lagos regularly, so much so that people have moved to lagos Ibadan expressway to live)

My rating of any political leader comes from the following yardstick below:

Consensus Oriented (An opinion or position reached by a group as a whole)

Participatory (the broad participation of constituents in the direction and operation of political systems)

Following the Rule of Law (citizens can expect to be treated fairly by a justified government. )

Effective and Efficient (Effective: Adequate to accomplish a purpose; producing the intended or expected result. Efficient: Performing or functioning in the best possible manner with the least waste of time and effort.

Accountable (the obligation of an individual or organization to account for its activities, accept responsibility for them, and to disclose the results)

Transparen[/b]t (the concept of removing all barriers to —and the facilitating of— free and easy public access to corporate information and the laws, rules, social connivance and processes that facilitate and protect those individuals and corporations that freely join, develop, and improve the process

[b]Responsive
(Readily reacting to suggestions, influences, appeals, or efforts)

Equitable and Inclusive Must recognise diversity and difference. Must accommodate differing meanings of citizenship that cut across gender, political, cultural, and social lines)

1 Like

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by dabossman(m): 3:51pm On Jan 02, 2013
If you seriously think the PDP taking over Lagos will make life better for Lagosians, then you must be a joker. Tinubu has shown everyone that Lagos is a cash cow, and the PDP will only come to milk it dry with no regard for the common man. They will promise a lot to aggreived Lagosians, but will renege when they taste the sweet milkiness of Lagos tax and tolls money.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by Remii(m): 3:54pm On Jan 02, 2013
jmaine: People who believe the PDP can't win Lagos are just being overtly emotional

All we need is credible Technocrat and the rest will be history....

That the point, come to think of it, has there been any non performing Governor in Lagos both civillain and military apart from Olagunsoye Oyinlola or maybe Otedola, Lagos has a way of whining or bullying their leaders into performance. As for corruption present LASG staff are as corrupt as any one. Lagos contractors will tell you what they go through to get paid for jobs done. Even if SDP or Chop I Chop party put up a good candidate I am voting him or her
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by Demdem(m): 4:17pm On Jan 02, 2013
anonimi:

You guys would wish we have amnesia, right.

Tinubu campaigned for his boy after they were reconciled.

there were ALLEGED PLANS by the house to impeach fashola and in ur dumb state u believe Tinubu who is not even a member of the house asked his people in the house to impeach him right (by the way, its alleged not even confirmed).
Sorry bro but i dont think u are making sense.
Fashola is Tinubu's man. he has alaways been and will continue to be so. Long live the union.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by lateef4me(m): 4:17pm On Jan 02, 2013
People who believe the PDP can't win Lagos are just being overtly emotional

All they need is credible Technocrat and the rest will be history....

Thank you oh
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by daygee4u(m): 4:53pm On Jan 02, 2013
I do not berate or dislike PDP however I don't think they have the moral and political confidence to gain control of Lagos state... However I feel some certain areas within the confines of LAGS aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ or might give in to PDP... Most especially if ACN can't get a foot hold quickly they might begin to loose the LASG.. However I don't think PDP can gain total control of LASG in 2015.... However until then Eko o ni baje... Even if it takes me more than 2hrs to get from ayobo to Iyana-Ipaja due to overdelayed road construction.... Okada faithfuls leave home early... LASU prospects apply to other schools.... Doctors can always open their own hospitals..... Traders please let's move inside designated market area...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gov Ambode The Biggot When Will U Order The Arrest Of Tobiloba Aka King Tee? / NEMA: EFCC Invites More Top Officers Amid Reps Probe Of DG Maihaja / Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.