Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,587 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Two Killed, 1,500 Displaced In Fulani, Gwari Clash In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Two Killed, 1,500 Displaced In Fulani, Gwari Clash In Abuja (7541 Views)

7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts / One Dead, 35 Houses Burnt And 1, 200 Persons Displaced In Olamaboro Community / Tiv/fulani Crises: 36 Dead, 10,000 Displaced In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Killed, 1,500 Displaced In Fulani, Gwari Clash In Abuja by karlmax2: 7:17am On Dec 31, 2012
By Senator Iroegbu and Yemi Akinsuyi

With barely 48 hours to the new year, a communal clash erupted in Gwako town at Gwagwalada Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) over boundary-related disputes on farmlands,  with two people confirmed dead, 1,500 people displaced in 27 affected communities.

The clash which occurred yesterday drew the attention of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) and FCT Administration (FCTA) to jointly activate their Search and Rescue teams.

It was the prompt intervention of the two agencies including security personnel from the police, Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) and the military that helped to curtail the escalation of the crisis which started Saturday as a result of encroachment of herd of cattle into farmlands in the area, before it escalated to a major fight Sunday.

The FCT Police Commissioner, Mr. Aderenle Shinaba, who confirmed the story said his men were still in the area to ensure that there would not be re-occurrence or retaliation from the Fulanis on the people.

The FCT police boss also confirmed the arrest of 15 suspects in connection with the clash.

The Director General of NEMA, Mr. Muhammad Sani-Sidi, commended the FCT Minister, Senator Bala Mohammed, who visited the scene of the clash appealed to the warring parties to live peacefully with one another and eschew any form of violence as we enter the New Year.

Sani-Sidi, who disclosed that two lives were lost and 27 communities affected, said that over 1500 internally displaced people are currently squatting in a temporary camp on the permanent campus of the University of Abuja in Gwagwalada area.

In the same vein,  Mohammed who led the FCTA team and other government agencies to assess the impact of the incident appealed to the communities to remain calm as the government would ensure that the causes of the crisis would soon be addressed to enable them return to their homes.

He also asked NEMA to provide more amenities to the victim in the camp and constituted an emergency team for conflict resolution and relief distribution to the affected communities.

Commiserating with  about 200 Fulanis, who were taking refuge at the University of Abuja permanent site, the NEMA DG said: “I urge you to take heart and not take any action that will be seen as a reprisal. President Goodluck Jonathan has already been briefed about the incident. I therefore enjoin both communities to live in peace and harmony with one another.

“We assure the displaced communities that all measures would be taken to ensure the security and protection of lives and properties.”

Mohammed, who also visited the scene with FCT Police Commissioner and Commander of the Guards Brigade, and other top FCTA officials announced that relief materials including food, water, mattresses and blankets have already been sent to them and they will continue to be looked after by FCTA and NEMA.

On his part, the Sarkin Fulani, who spoke on behalf of the Fulani Communities, commended the FCT Minister and Jonathan for their timely intervention.

Meanwhile, the FCT Minister has called a meeting today.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/two-killed-1-500-displaced-in-fulani-gwari-clash-in-abuja/134959/
Re: Two Killed, 1,500 Displaced In Fulani, Gwari Clash In Abuja by nerdivist: 7:21am On Dec 31, 2012
Nawa o undecided it's always Fulanis or Hausas versus another ethnic group. Why are these people so violent? No offence intended but does this have anything to do with the religion of piss

1 Like

Re: Two Killed, 1,500 Displaced In Fulani, Gwari Clash In Abuja by AlterEgoTM: 7:32am On Dec 31, 2012
nerdivist: Nawa o undecided it's always Fulanis or Hausas versus another ethnic group. Why are these people so violent? No offence intended but does this have anything to do with the religion of piss
Were ni eh undecided
What's the correlation between the two parallels of Hausa/Fulani violence and religion schmuck undecided

@Topic make them settle dian differences chap chap ni ooo....

3 Likes

Re: Two Killed, 1,500 Displaced In Fulani, Gwari Clash In Abuja by Akshow: 7:43am On Dec 31, 2012
between fulanis and their maluu, i no know which one get sense and de more humane pass. Babaric entities killing human being at the slightest provocation. If to say the quarrel na between two fulani community, i for say go on soun.

2 Likes

Re: Two Killed, 1,500 Displaced In Fulani, Gwari Clash In Abuja by AlterEgoTM: 7:48am On Dec 31, 2012
Akshow: between fulanis and their maluu, i no know which one get sense and de more humane pass. Babaric entities killing human being at the slightest provocation. If to say the quarrel na between two fulani community, i for say go on soun.
grin grin grin
Re: Two Killed, 1,500 Displaced In Fulani, Gwari Clash In Abuja by nerdivist: 7:59am On Dec 31, 2012
AlterEgo™:

Were ni eh undecided
What's the correlation between the two parallels of Hausa/Fulani violence and religion schmuck undecided

@Topic make them settle dian differences chap chap ni ooo....
asinwin. That's how u fail exams. Are u a follower of the religion of piss and voilence? undecided if ur religion doesn't fall into that category then you shouldn't have attacked me.
Re: Two Killed, 1,500 Displaced In Fulani, Gwari Clash In Abuja by passionate88: 9:34am On Dec 31, 2012
nerdivist: undecided if ur religion doesn't fall into that category then you shouldn't have attacked me.
na wa o... Make we try make peace 2day then continue the e fightin on d 2nd of Jan. 2013...
Re: Two Killed, 1,500 Displaced In Fulani, Gwari Clash In Abuja by Libkid(m): 9:41am On Dec 31, 2012
Na wa.may we neva see such things next year cos my heart wont take it again.nigeria recored d most death rate dis year.GOD WHY?*sobbing*
Re: Two Killed, 1,500 Displaced In Fulani, Gwari Clash In Abuja by hubreality(m): 9:42am On Dec 31, 2012
nerdivist: asinwin. That's how u fail exams. Are u a follower of the religion of piss and voilence? undecided if ur religion doesn't fall into that category then you shouldn't have attacked me.
Religion is a man made disease to humanity. It is worst than corruption itself.
Re: Two Killed, 1,500 Displaced In Fulani, Gwari Clash In Abuja by Tolexander: 9:43am On Dec 31, 2012
why is it always fulani vs the indigenous people?
Do the fulanis still believe we are in the era where the whole country can be controlled and conquered by a sole jihadist. Usman dan fodio self wont even dare it!
Re: Two Killed, 1,500 Displaced In Fulani, Gwari Clash In Abuja by markus1133: 9:45am On Dec 31, 2012
very shocking shocked
Re: Two Killed, 1,500 Displaced In Fulani, Gwari Clash In Abuja by NoiseMaker1: 9:45am On Dec 31, 2012
Can some1 summarise this 4 me? I don't gat tym to read
Re: Two Killed, 1,500 Displaced In Fulani, Gwari Clash In Abuja by AlterEgoTM: 9:47am On Dec 31, 2012
nerdivist: asinwin. That's how u fail exams. Are u a follower of the religion of piss and voilence? undecided if ur religion doesn't fall into that category then you shouldn't have attacked me.
You are an insanely bigoted lunatic, who can't view any issue outside your mawkishly myopic religious prism.

Ninnies of your ilk should not be allowed to post on these pages!
You runty opinionated pig!

3 Likes

Re: Two Killed, 1,500 Displaced In Fulani, Gwari Clash In Abuja by snowprince01(m): 9:52am On Dec 31, 2012
What do u expect from barbarians
Re: Two Killed, 1,500 Displaced In Fulani, Gwari Clash In Abuja by Samxiulee: 9:58am On Dec 31, 2012
Akshow: between fulanis and their maluu, i no know which one get sense and de more humane pass. Babaric entities killing human being at the slightest provocation. If to say the quarrel na between two fulani community, i for say go on soun.
that's the main problem rulanis,not hausas,do not have communities,they migrate from one spot to the other,they are mainly into Nomadic,pastoral and militarily activities,which has helped a good number of their people to be sultan and emirs in the north.
The Nomads among them are just like the agberos we have in the west here,they wreck havoc,and take to their heels,they are not stationed in a permanent place,they are very elusive.
The FG have to have a lasting solution to the nomadic fulanis,they av to be stationed in a particular area,moving around with their herds into other people farmland must stop.they are all over the country from ogoja to ayetoro in ogun state,they are wrecking havoc and running away.
Re: Two Killed, 1,500 Displaced In Fulani, Gwari Clash In Abuja by lacasa: 9:58am On Dec 31, 2012
This gwaris ηo get sense
Re: Two Killed, 1,500 Displaced In Fulani, Gwari Clash In Abuja by greall1: 10:02am On Dec 31, 2012
northerners again
Re: Two Killed, 1,500 Displaced In Fulani, Gwari Clash In Abuja by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 31, 2012
nerdivist: Nawa o undecided it's always Fulanis or Hausas versus another ethnic group. Why are these people so violent? No offence intended but does this have anything to do with the religion of piss
Nna iwu ezigbo otele! World class asss.so when there is community clash in River state or Akwa ibom, or Abia state, that means that their religion is responsible for it? Ur post reeks of unintelligence!

5 Likes

Re: Two Killed, 1,500 Displaced In Fulani, Gwari Clash In Abuja by AbdulAdam56(m): 10:05am On Dec 31, 2012
I think its a political violance.
Re: Two Killed, 1,500 Displaced In Fulani, Gwari Clash In Abuja by moneyhungry(m): 10:10am On Dec 31, 2012
whenever they are gathered against my people, they shall surely scatter! .!
Re: Two Killed, 1,500 Displaced In Fulani, Gwari Clash In Abuja by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 31, 2012
We can either be bold and negotiate Nigeria now or keep pretending about "one" Nigeria till the "Biafra"!
My concern is that the first "biafra" will be a child's play in comparison to the second.

NB:
Let me alleviate the burdens of the tribal warlords, "biafra" as used in this post is just a metaphor.

Cheers to all.
Re: Two Killed, 1,500 Displaced In Fulani, Gwari Clash In Abuja by confusion247(m): 10:27am On Dec 31, 2012
fulaniiiiiiiiii poweraaaaaaaa. Unnecessary killings is an exclusive right of hausa/fulanis. If not government would have done something about it.
Re: Two Killed, 1,500 Displaced In Fulani, Gwari Clash In Abuja by confusion247(m): 10:31am On Dec 31, 2012
Fulaniiiiiiiiii Poweraaaaaaaa.
I think Gowon should come out from hiding and tell us that this is one Nigeria. I don't understand why people always complain when the fulanis kill in the spirit of one Nigeria and indivisible north.
Re: Two Killed, 1,500 Displaced In Fulani, Gwari Clash In Abuja by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:31am On Dec 31, 2012
Tolexander: why is it always fulani vs the indigenous people?
Do the fulanis still believe we are in the era where the whole country can be controlled and conquered by a sole jihadist. Usman dan fodio self wont even dare it!
that is what to expect 4rm piple that have stone age mentality
Re: Two Killed, 1,500 Displaced In Fulani, Gwari Clash In Abuja by arabambi: 10:38am On Dec 31, 2012
ARES:
Nna iwu ezigbo otele! World class asss.so when there is community clash in River state or Akwa ibom, or Abia state, that means that their religion is responsible for it? Ur post reeks of unintelligence!
This is d kind of reasoning and attitude Nigerian should emulate in 2013. Seing what is bad as bad and not looking for escuse from Religious and ethnic point. Nigerian truely needs to change their attitude just like GEJ said. Am not his fans but he was on point at that. Only then Corruption, bad Governance and hostility towards one another will be old fashioned or a thing of the past. God bless Nigeria. Happy New Year to Everyone
Re: Two Killed, 1,500 Displaced In Fulani, Gwari Clash In Abuja by confusion247(m): 10:39am On Dec 31, 2012
Tolexander: why is it always fulani vs the indigenous people?
It is always fulanis because they are the only tribe that has the exclusive right to kill unnecessarily. If you doubt me ask Gowon and his plateau people.
Fulaniiiiiiiiii poweraaaaaaaa
Re: Two Killed, 1,500 Displaced In Fulani, Gwari Clash In Abuja by Akanbiedu(m): 10:44am On Dec 31, 2012
This will not generate too much noise, I guess.
Re: Two Killed, 1,500 Displaced In Fulani, Gwari Clash In Abuja by Yujin(m): 10:47am On Dec 31, 2012
The battle for the middlebelt is on going. The Gbagyis(Gwaris) who were balkanized into Niger, Kaduna, Kogi states and Abuja are one of the largest ethnic groups in the middlebelt are in serious with the 'soul' of their land(Abuja) being in hot contest by the Hausa/Fulani marauders. Many of them here on nairaland have claimed Abuja as theirs with false history. This attack is just the start of a direct suppression on the Gbagyis who are peace-loving people. This attempt if not met by stiff opposition will lead to catastrophy.
Re: Two Killed, 1,500 Displaced In Fulani, Gwari Clash In Abuja by confusion247(m): 10:49am On Dec 31, 2012
arabambi: This is d kind of reasoning and attitude Nigerian should emulate in 2013. Seing what is bad as bad and not looking for escuse from Religious and ethnic point. Nigerian truely needs to change their attitude just like GEJ said. Am not his fans but he was on point at that. Only then Corruption, bad Governance and hostility towards one another will be old fashioned or a thing of the past. God bless Nigeria. Happy New Year to Everyone
For how long will we continue to deceive ourselves? The issue of Nigerians seeing each other as one is mission impossible. We are not one and we can never be. I wonder what makes you think that an IGBO man will be a governor in lagos state or an hausa man being a governor in IMO state. All effort to unite Nigeria is an effort to prove and show that we are not one. Gowon said similar things in the past but it didn't achieve any meaningful result. Jonathan is saying the same today and people are dying on daily basis. Is only a fool that does the same thing every time and expect a different result. Nigeria is divided between religious and ethnic lines.
Re: Two Killed, 1,500 Displaced In Fulani, Gwari Clash In Abuja by phoneport(m): 10:53am On Dec 31, 2012
Fulani or mumulani whats the difference
Re: Two Killed, 1,500 Displaced In Fulani, Gwari Clash In Abuja by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 31, 2012
As long as we keep pretending abt our problems, we shall continue to witness a harvest of sorrow n disappointments.
Ds particular fulani ppl of Gwako had bn severally accused of climbing up to d uniabuja female hostel bathrooms to peep at girls taking their baths, rape , stealing & harrasment of d university community. They have become a terror 2 d students as they are feared more dan constituted authorities(at d last protest by uniabuja students d V.C employed d use of ds bow wieldin fulanis to scare n subdue d students)
Each time ds fulanis molest or maim a student(s) ,d hausa/fulani FCTA adminstration covers it up in solidarity wt them. Now d students are nt around & d trouble-hungry fulanis are going for d indigenes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Election / Owolabo Adelami: Aboola's Defection Not A Threat To APC In Ondo / New Chief Of Army Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.