Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,451 members, 7,808,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

Don’t Write Off Nigeria Yet- Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Write Off Nigeria Yet- Obasanjo (654 Views)

Okonjo-iweala Connived With World Bank, IMF To Write Off Ajaokuta Steel Company / Godwin Emefiele Tells Buhari To Sell Off Nigeria's Oil Stakes / How To Pay Off Nigeria's External And Internal Debt Within One Month. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Write Off Nigeria Yet- Obasanjo by PaulJohn1: 9:30am On Dec 31, 2012
Former President of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo, has expressed optimism about the ability of the country to rank among the greatest in the world in the nearest future.

Obasanjo, who addressed newsmen in Abeokuta,capital of Nigerian state of Ogun, said it was wrong for anyone to write Nigeria off as the country is endowed with abundant natural resources and other potentials to make it great.
He said God had been extra generous to Nigeria, adding that “many nations of the world are not as richly endowed as Nigeria’’.
Obasanjo, who lamented poor management of the resources, however, urged Nigerian leaders to harness the country’s endowments for its transformation.
“God has been kind to us, we need to be kind to ourselves,’’ he said.

The former president urged Nigerians to continue to exercise hope and enduring faith over Nigeria, saying “
I know we will get there very soon.’’
Obasanjo was twice Nigeria’s leader, first as military head of state, 1976-1979. He returned 20 years after to head a post-military civilian regime between 1999 and 2007.

He is often criticized for not using his second leadership tenure to pursue policies that would have developed Nigeria. Instead, he was accused of spending resources in pursuing a third term agenda in the last two years of his administration.
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/12/31/obasanjo-dont-write-off-nigeria-yet/

Re: Don’t Write Off Nigeria Yet- Obasanjo by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:15am On Dec 31, 2012
Of cos, it's not d end 4 Nigeria. I get hope pass Ms. Hope 4 my village.
Re: Don’t Write Off Nigeria Yet- Obasanjo by PaulJohn1: 2:49pm On Dec 31, 2012
We don dey hope tay tay lipsrsealed
Re: Don’t Write Off Nigeria Yet- Obasanjo by greatgod2012(f): 4:26pm On Dec 31, 2012
Ofcourse, we dont need to loose hope, we shall get there very soon, i believe....lets all join hand together to lift Nigeria up....may God help us all.
Re: Don’t Write Off Nigeria Yet- Obasanjo by EkoIle1: 4:32pm On Dec 31, 2012
Sounds like this man is regretting not doing a lot of positive things while in office and he's scrambling to use his influence to make the same positive changes.
Re: Don’t Write Off Nigeria Yet- Obasanjo by PaulJohn1: 4:19pm On Jan 01, 2013
Eko Ile: Sounds like this man is regretting not doing a lot of positive things while in office and he's scrambling to use his influence to make the same positive changes.

It's obvious
Re: Don’t Write Off Nigeria Yet- Obasanjo by slimming: 4:52pm On Jan 01, 2013
Yes sir
Re: Don’t Write Off Nigeria Yet- Obasanjo by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jan 01, 2013
Nigeria is a stagnation scripted by the British and orchestrated by the likes of Obasanjo.
Since 1960 till date, the likes of Obasanjo are still staring the affairs of Nigeria in the their vision-less direction.
The other day, OBj was raking havoc in Anambra with the Uba boys as his tools in his bid to colonise Anambra State as an internal colonial master.

OBJ, I wish I have the opportunity to write Nigeria off, I would have done that a thousand times! No, Nigeria has written the likes me off even before I was born.
I was to write an application to the NLNG, and I was asked to write my state of origin on top of my application envelop. The envelops were sorted based on "catchment area" and not on abilities.

Shall I talk about my little niece who was denied admission into the federal government college while those she scored above were admitted because they came from a certain catchment area.

Nigeria is a deception and whether you like it or not,the days are coming when we shall dis-amalgamate. I pity those who are hoping that the Jihardist North will reform.

I personally cannot wait to fly the Biafran flag high, to sing her National anthem and to proudly print those labels of

"MADE IN BIAFRA"

(1) (Reply)

CASH (=N= & $) Donations To The Super Eagles Of Nigeria For Their Success! / Just Felt I Should Share This With Edo People / We Formed Boko Haram To Partake In Amnesty.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.