Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions (562088 Views)

Federal University Of Agriculture,Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2015/2016 Admission. / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions / Federal University Of Agriculture,abeokuta (funaab) 2012/2013 Admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (252) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by pseudonomer: 5:57am On Mar 09, 2013
akonucheinfo: i choosed unaab as 2nd choice, my olevel is good. pls tell me am on the right track

With my experience on last year's admissions, the problem is UNAAB will not process your admission with the first batch list(90% of the admitted students are here), you'll have to compete for the second batch space, where less than 15 students will be admitted for each department. The second batch slot is also meant for students that know people... Now judge for yourself, your chance of gaining admission choosing UNAAB as second choice.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by Osumare2013: 8:48am On Mar 09, 2013
pseudonomer:

With my experience on last year's admissions, the problem is UNAAB will not process your admission with the first batch list(90% of the admitted students are here), you'll have to compete for the second batch space, where less than 15 students will be admitted for each department. The second batch slot is also meant for students that know people... Now judge for yourself, your chance of gaining admission choosing UNAAB as second choice.
In addition, a 2nd choice candidate shld not expect to be given his/her desired course (dat's if he/she is offered admission). There are more than enough 1st choice candidates. They just admit few 2nd choice in order not to disobey JAMB.
And as pseudonomer rightly said, d 2nd batch is nothing to be optiomistic about.

Good morning Nairaland.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by akonucheinfo(m): 9:01am On Mar 09, 2013
pseudonomer:

(90% of the admitted students are here), how pls explain. do u mean unaab already have 90% of student that they will admit this year.?
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by pseudonomer: 9:57am On Mar 09, 2013
akonucheinfo:

(90% of the admitted students are here), how pls explain. do u mean unaab already have 90% of student that they will admit this year.?

What I mean is if FUNAAB is going to admit 3500 students, they'll admit like 3150 in the first batch and like 450 in the second batch.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by Hollyb(f): 10:27am On Mar 09, 2013
Pls i choose unaab in my jamb 1st and 2nd choice i also want to choose it 4 my direct entry hop i won't be disqualified
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by Ayommy1(f): 12:47pm On Mar 09, 2013
do funaab offer courses lyk,sociology,demography,international relations nd political science
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by Demzyl(m): 12:51pm On Mar 09, 2013
More blessing unto your Utme examination and post Utme exam there after shall surely be success. To those who chose FUNAAB as their university choice of entry and need improve, fast and well fresh info about post Utme here at FUNAAB should please contact Mr. Ademola on 07038445400. Please feel free to ask what you don't know about post Utme examination. Best of luck to you all writing UTME examination.

1 Like

Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by Sundaxboyy04(m): 1:57pm On Mar 09, 2013
management students
seeking
for admission,pls wat u
need
now is u v 2 read ur books n
past quest.
(maths,eng,econs,commerce,
govt
) cos questions may come
out
4rm any of those subjects
listed
above.
Let me give u an
instance,upper last
year 7000 students applied
management course,only
students were admitted/last
year over 15,000 students
applied jst 650 were
admitted...now u
can understand how
important 4
u to read,no short cut 2
success in
FUNAAB...competition this
time
around wil be tougher than
last
year,pls READ
for any info contact me on
(SUNDAY: 08039617447)pls no mid night call
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by Bolaji21(m): 2:15pm On Mar 09, 2013
Ayommy1: do funaab offer courses lyk,sociology,demography,international relations nd political science

Not yet. But it's been planned for the next few years. cool
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by Tamax: 3:43pm On Mar 09, 2013
pseudonomer:

What I mean is if FUNAAB is going to admit 3500 students, they'll admit like 3150 in the first batch and like 450 in the second batch.

Bro...pls can I have ya facebuk I.D...am also an unaab DE aspirant... Love to hav sum chi chat with u...thanks for ya good work here.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by akonucheinfo(m): 8:41pm On Mar 09, 2013
Guyz i need more sincere and clear view of unaab admission.

I choose unaab as my second choice, as i said ealier. if what you all say is certain that unaab does not regard 2nd choice applicant, please be very certain. so i will consider my chances and maybe go buy a change of institution card from jamb to make necessary changes and pick another second choice.

actually, i am a 300L part time student of Lagos State University. lasu part time wahala too much, too much strike, from one issue to the other thats why am taking this years jamb. hoping to get admission with no excuse.

Please if truly unaab does not consider 2nd choice aspirant as you all say, can someone recommend me universities that considers 2nd choice applicants. such university should be within east, west or south west. thank you all
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by pseudonomer: 11:21pm On Mar 09, 2013
Tamax:

Bro...pls can I have ya facebuk I.D...am also an unaab DE aspirant... Love to hav sum chi chat with u...thanks for ya good work here.

I'm trying to be completely anonymous on nairaland, I can't put my facebook id or name on here. But if you're on 2go, my 2go id is charmluck
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by akonucheinfo(m): 11:25pm On Mar 09, 2013
does Unaab offer Banking and Finance?
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by wanderlust007(m): 11:40pm On Mar 09, 2013
akonucheinfo:

ur comments on 2nd choice tins is mind lifting tnx. re u a student there?
i'm a student of d skul, studyin mech. Engineerin, funaab admits second choice candidates although d chances are slim.. But i'l say only if u are sure of aving a very gud composite. I av a rum mate studyin mathematics, he pickd funaab as his 2nd choice and was given d course he chose, a frnd of mine also pickd funaab as her 2nd choice but was offerred APH...
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by wanderlust007(m): 11:43pm On Mar 09, 2013
[quote author=akonucheinfo]

does unaab accept 2nd choice applicants? if yes, what is the % chances involved
I'm a student of d skul, studyin mech. Engineerin, funaab admits second choice candidates although d chances are slim.. But i'l say only if u are sure of aving a very gud composite. I av a rum mate studyin mathematics, he pickd funaab as his 2nd choice and was given d course he chose, a frnd of mine also pickd funaab as her 2nd choice but was offerred APH...
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by wanderlust007(m): 11:49pm On Mar 09, 2013
akonucheinfo: does Unaab offer Banking and Finance?

YES
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by Ekennovative(m): 11:56pm On Mar 09, 2013
The subjects i selected in jamb for business enterprise management were eng,maths, econs and govt. Hope i'm on the right track?
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by Ekennovative(m): 11:58pm On Mar 09, 2013
How is the format of funaab post ume, i heard that it's 25 questions for each subject...is it true?
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by akonucheinfo(m): 12:00am On Mar 10, 2013
wanderlust007:
i'm a student of d skul, studyin mech. Engineerin, funaab admits second choice candidates although d chances are slim.. But i'l say only if u are sure of aving a very gud composite. I av a rum mate studyin mathematics, he pickd funaab as his 2nd choice and was given d course he chose, a frnd of mine also pickd funaab as her 2nd choice but was offerred APH...

tnx, when i heard people saying picking unaab as 2nd choice is a no go area, i was already considering going to jamb to buy change of institution card. but with your comments, i am a bit relived.tnx
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by wanderlust007(m): 12:02am On Mar 10, 2013
Ekennovative: The subjects i selected in jamb for business enterprise management were eng,maths, econs and govt. Hope i'm on the right track?

yeah... There's notin wrong wit dat
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by Ekennovative(m): 12:02am On Mar 10, 2013
If a student is not given his desired course, will the school give him any course of their choice?
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by wanderlust007(m): 12:27am On Mar 10, 2013
Ekennovative: If a student is not given his desired course, will the school give him any course of their choice?

the skul is lykly to giv dat person anoda course depending on d candidate's composite score

1 Like

Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by Tamax: 7:58am On Mar 10, 2013
pseudonomer:

I'm trying to be completely anonymous on nairaland, I can't put my facebook id or name on here. But if you're on 2go, my 2go id is charmluck

okay bro...i got u rite... I will add u soon...thanks for ya qick and unstdable respond.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by pseudonomer: 8:27am On Mar 10, 2013
I will not tell you guys what you wanted to hear, but the frank truth. Mathematically, your chance of gaining admission with second choice is extremely low. If unaab is going to admit 100students in a department, 92 will be first choice candidate, the remaining 8 will be the second choice candidates.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by klem93(m): 10:26am On Mar 10, 2013
Wat are d subject combination 4 computer science pls and whch is more competitive cmp sc or bch?
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by pseudonomer: 11:36am On Mar 10, 2013
klem93: Wat are d subject combination 4 computer science pls and whch is more competitive cmp sc or bch?

Both are really competitive... If you're good in Mathematics go for CSC but if you're good in Biology and Chemistry. I'll advise you to go for BCH. Jamb combination for Computer Science is Eng, Maths, Physics and Chemistry while the subject combination for Biochemistry is Eng, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by Bolaji21(m): 12:24pm On Mar 10, 2013
Ekennovative: How is the format of funaab post ume, i heard that it's 25 questions for each subject...is it true?
Computer-based-test (CBT). An average of 10 questions per subject (u'll be tested on 5 subjects for science students). 50questions, 30mins.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by Bolaji21(m): 12:32pm On Mar 10, 2013
akonucheinfo:

tnx, when i heard people saying picking unaab as 2nd choice is a no go area, i was already considering going to jamb to buy change of institution card. but with your comments, i am a bit relived.tnx
U can only attend a sch at a time. The issue of 1st and 2nd choice is just to giv u 2nd chance. In other words, put the sch u wanna go as 1st choice. If u really wanna become a funaabite, u'll make funaab ur 1st choice. If not, stick to ur 1st choice sch.
As I always say, there are more than enough 1st choice candidates to be admitted.
No matter d good grades u hav, u'll end up been given a course u won't like (dat's if u're offered admission).
*my 2 pence*
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by Bolaji21(m): 12:36pm On Mar 10, 2013
Ekennovative: If a student is not given his desired course, will the school give him any course of their choice?
If u're not given ur desired course, u'll be given a course u won't like. And d possibility of changing course later will be less than 10%. So think well.

Maybe one of these days, I'll post all d courses in funaab and the average cut-off (can't be precise cos d cut-off ranges yearly)
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by akonucheinfo(m): 2:03pm On Mar 10, 2013
pseudonomer: I will not tell you guys what you wanted to hear, but the frank truth. Mathematically, your chance of gaining admission with second choice is extremely low. If unaab is going to admit 100students in a department, 92 will be first choice candidate, the remaining 8 will be the second choice candidates.

too bad. actually am from Enugu state. i pick my state federal uni i.e UNN as my first choice. i wish this to be the last jamb i will write, as i am presently a 300l part time student of LASU. am not really getting the kind of education i want, thats why am writting the jamb. i want my chances of gaining admission this year to be very high, thats why am spreading my wings across two universities. since unaab does not consider 2nd choice applicants, do you know of any prestigious university around east,west or southwest that accept and admit 2nd choice applicants?
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by akonucheinfo(m): 2:14pm On Mar 10, 2013
Bolaji21:
U can only attend a sch at a time. The issue of 1st and 2nd choice is just to giv u 2nd chance. In other words, put the sch u wanna go as 1st choice. If u really wanna become a funaabite, u'll make funaab ur 1st choice. If not, stick to ur 1st choice sch.
As I always say, there are more than enough 1st choice candidates to be admitted.
No matter d good grades u hav, u'll end up been given a course u won't like (dat's if u're offered admission).
*my 2 pence*

too bad. thats is an act of injustice and total deciet to all who picked them as 2nd choice. this country sef na wa oo. do you know of any prestigiou university around east,west or southwest that consider 2nd choice applicants? i want my chances of gaining admission to be high, thats why i am spreading my wings to two universities. i already choosed my state federal university UNN as my first choice. picked unaab as my 2nd choice, but with all these that i keep hearing about non consideration of 2nd choice applicants and having double mind now, as to go buy change of institution card to change to another. what do you think?
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by Sulaimon26(m): 3:37pm On Mar 10, 2013
pls cn U help me with unaab D.E requirement into Comp sci

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (252) (Reply)

Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions / 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread / 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.