Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (658761 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Folarinibrahim1(m): 12:16am On Jul 14, 2014
I need someone to send me ebooks on java.i'm a beginner.
Thanks in advance.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Intellab(m): 12:35pm On Jul 15, 2014
Folarinibrahim1: I need someone to send me ebooks on java.i'm a beginner.
Thanks in advance.

folarin2010@gmail.com
Check
http://www.campusfacez.com/online_courses/view_category.php?cid=2

http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/java/java.html

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Husyn(m): 5:45pm On Jul 15, 2014
Hi everyone, Pls I intend to run a course on an ICT programme but don't know which to go for, will need information on these various courses and their various advantages in Nigeria. ( Web design / development, programming, java, coding etc...). Pls your boy needs your Help, any information would be needfull.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 16, 2014
can i start programming with my phone(tecno p5) right away?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nastydroid(m): 11:08pm On Jul 16, 2014
penquin: can i start programming with my phone(tecno p5) right away?
just download droid edit...and start coding
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Crazielips: 1:16pm On Jul 18, 2014
I'LL STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU START WITH "C PROGRAMMING"

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 12:32am On Jul 19, 2014
Nastydroid: just download droid edit...and start coding
have downloaded it but i dnt understand it... can u help bro
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nastydroid(m): 12:42am On Jul 19, 2014
penquin: have downloaded it but i dnt understand it... can u help bro
play around the app it is easy to use...after coding or before coding save your file as .html if it as html file and preview it on ur browser or html viewer

try dis code

<html>
<head>
<title>coding with droid edit</title>
<h1>i am penquin<h1>
</head>
<body>
i love html and css
</body>
</html>

save it has pequin.html

Nd preview it with ur default browser or html viewer
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 1:01am On Jul 19, 2014
will try that... Oops,does it need internet connection?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 20, 2014
Nastydroid: play around the app it is easy to use...after coding or before coding save your file as .html if it as html file and preview it on ur browser or html viewer

try dis code

<html>
<head>
<title>coding with droid edit</title>
<h1>i am penquin<h1>
</head>
<body>
i love html and css
</body>
</html>

save it has pequin.html

Nd preview it with ur default browser or html viewer
have do it and wil i continue doing d same tin all 2ru d day and pls which language is dis..?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nastydroid(m): 11:23am On Jul 20, 2014
penquin: have do it and wil i continue doing d same tin all 2ru d day and pls which language is dis..?
I only wanted to teach u how to use the app....shekeina. the language is html,there is a thread for beginners check it out or download e-books
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 20, 2014
Nastydroid: I only wanted to teach u how to use the app....shekeina. the language is html,there is a thread for beginners check it out or download e-books
do i start with html..?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nastydroid(m): 8:01pm On Jul 20, 2014
penquin: do i start with html..?
this question tho...it depends on what you intend to.do. since you don't have a pc start with HTML
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 6:37am On Jul 21, 2014
Nastydroid: this question tho...it depends on what you intend to.do. since you don't have a pc start with HTML
send me links to ebooks pls
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nastydroid(m): 7:29am On Jul 21, 2014
penquin: send me links to ebooks pls
Google dem bro...we av thousands on Google.I will share tonight if I can,or to the programming section create a thread nd ask
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 22, 2014
programming is not damn easy mehn...... perhaps cus of my phone am usinh... if is laptop am sure its will be less easy...
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jul 22, 2014
can i only use dis app for only HTML language....?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by efeambrose: 12:38pm On Jul 23, 2014
I feel HTML its easy and would be a good starting point,but its just my opinion I might be wrong.But that's what I started with.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 23, 2014
penquin: can i only use dis app for only HTML language....?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by youngestpr(m): 7:02pm On Jul 24, 2014
ibnquasale: i am a very confused person when it comes to choosing an "appropriate" programming language cry cry. i know the gurus here can help me. i read statistics and maths.
my desire is to be able to design front ends for my databases, design GUIs and desktop applications that can also serve as front ends or data analysis applications.

i know little of PHP, Python, CSS, Mysql (through video tutorials). one of my main challenge is i don't know what to do with them, especially after learning the basis..... i don't mind being an apprentice to an expert here wink grin grin

thanks in advance.

Actually, the best way to learn is by being an apprentice and you are on the right path. I would want to state that designing front ends are majorly based on the use of scripting languages which are not 'fully' called programming languages. Popular ones are html + css while php stands somewhere between being a scripting or programming language. If you want to be able to design front ends, focus on html +css for a start, make sure you spend time on that and don't be distracted. You can always get to understand a little more after you have understood a little. There are tools which makes things easier but i just think you need a good foundation on those scripting stuff. In addition, successful guys are always willing to help especially when they know you really want to learn. I have loads to write but can't write all now, hope to help more...
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by youngestpr(m): 7:06pm On Jul 24, 2014
Husyn: Hi everyone, Pls I intend to run a course on an ICT programme but don't know which to go for, will need information on these various courses and their various advantages in Nigeria. ( Web design / development, programming, java, coding etc...). Pls your boy needs your Help, any information would be needfull.

Why do you want to run the course, what do you want to achieve? This will help in leading you on how i think you should go about it.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by youngestpr(m): 7:13pm On Jul 24, 2014
I would like to add an additional programming language that has now been formally accepted to integrate seamlessly with Java. It does not intend to replace java in anyway but i have used this language and it is damn powerful. It is groovy. There are some tasks that you use Java to achieve in more than ten lines, groovy will do the same in just like 2 or 3 lines...
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by youngestpr(m): 7:51pm On Jul 24, 2014
Folarinibrahim1: I need someone to send me ebooks on java.i'm a beginner.
Thanks in advance.

folarin2010@gmail.com
Try to search for a book called 'head first java' in google it explains java the human way. I used to have it but cant locate it right now, if you are not able to get it then i will have to deliberately search for you.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Folarinibrahim1(m): 12:19am On Jul 25, 2014
youngestpr:
Try to search for a book called 'head first java' in google it explains java the human way. I used to have it but cant locate it right now, if you are not able to get it then i will have to deliberately search for you.
found it,.......thanks
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by udswagz: 5:25pm On Jul 25, 2014
Hello guys just Google "bucky roberts tutorial videos" that guy will literarly help you become
a master programmer by watching his videos and read a lot,
I recommend PHP for starters with a splice of HTML5 / CSS3.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nhamoyedu: 3:47pm On Jul 27, 2014
I want to know how i can steal password, when the recipient response to an email using C++.
What i mean is how can i manipulate the email like yahoo so that if i send a message when the particular recipient replies using yahoo, gmail etc, or in the process of logging in to yahoo, gmail etc, whatever the recipient uses i can save, and retrieve the password, its full alphanumeric, later on. Please help me learn this skill using c++; thank you.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Husyn(m): 12:12am On Jul 28, 2014
youngestpr:

Why do you want to run the course, what do you want to achieve? This will help in leading you on how i think you should go about it.

Thanks @youngestpr. plain truth is that I want to make money from it, bt on a larger sense I want to build a career out of it.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by PatEinstEin(m): 3:35pm On Jul 28, 2014
Pls help with this assignment: write a program in visual basic to calculate the compound interest payable in a premium for any number of years using a maximum of five tools or objects. Thanks.

I'm a biochemistry student - 200 level, but computer science is compulsory for me

Also, I would appreciate tutorials on Visual Basic Programming smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.