Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,772 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:46 PM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (655504 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ruz080: 6:21am On Sep 19, 2014
Thanks so much friends for the reply i got. Again as a beginners how can i run the program and see the output of the program i wrote. Pls help me.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by blueyedgeek(m): 8:02am On Sep 19, 2014
ruz080: Thanks so much friends for the reply i got. Again as a beginners how can i run the program and see the output of the program i wrote. Pls help me.
Your request is a bit vague, could you be a little more specific? more details needed.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ruz080: 8:04am On Sep 19, 2014
Pls am using windows 7 and after writing a programmer as a beginner i find it difficult to see the output of the program i run or executed. How can i see that and know that i have written. Pls help me thanks.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by blueyedgeek(m): 8:55am On Sep 19, 2014
ruz080: Pls am using windows 7 and after writing a programmer as a beginner i find it difficult to see the output of the program i run or executed. How can i see that and know that i have written. Pls help me thanks.
What programming language are you referring to here?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by tojuboy(m): 9:38pm On Sep 20, 2014
please sumone should tell me hw to write and execute a program
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nastydroid(m): 11:43pm On Sep 20, 2014
tojuboy: please sumone should tell me hw to write and execute a program
have you gotten yourself an e-book on the language you want to learn?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by tojuboy(m): 12:08am On Sep 21, 2014
Nastydroid: have you gotten yourself an e-book on the language you want to learn?
not yet
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nastydroid(m): 12:14am On Sep 21, 2014
tojuboy: not yet
get one bro,and you will have a smooth ride
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by xkunzo(m): 2:25am On Sep 23, 2014
Vfhvgf
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by brainiest: 12:38am On Sep 25, 2014
I'm really happy to see this thread may God bless the owner I have been learning java and I'm using many ebooks but as at now I use head first in java I have learn how to write some simple programs and compiling them without any error my problem is that I have not been able to run the output on java virtual machine when I try the JVM just quickly exit without showing the output and when I try to use command line it say there are parameters but nobody could run them. here is my number if any one could help me or add me in whatsapp I really want to move to the next level in java programming 08108290477
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by brainiest: 11:27am On Sep 25, 2014
pls where is javanian help me out I'm begging beko pls I want to learn programming or direct me to someone that can help me pls........
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by bidemi2012: 11:33am On Sep 25, 2014
I ALSO WANTS TO LEARN PROGRAMMING........... ANY HELP IN THE HOUSE
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Javanian: 12:26pm On Sep 25, 2014
brainiest: pls where is javanian help me out I'm begging beko pls I want to learn programming or direct me to someone that can help me pls........

I think i know the problem but i don't have the patience to work you through it right now, I'm sorry. For a long term solution to your problem download Netbeans IDE.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Javanian: 12:43pm On Sep 25, 2014
brainiest: pls where is javanian help me out I'm begging beko pls I want to learn programming or direct me to someone that can help me pls........
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by brainiest: 7:04pm On Sep 25, 2014
I'm a beginner in programming so I was advice not to use any IDE for learning so pls I need to work with command I'm begging plssss I have search Google but no solution
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by brainiest: 7:05pm On Sep 25, 2014
I'm a beginner in programming so I was advice not to use any IDE for learning so pls I need to work with command I'm begging plssss I have search Google but no solution that was y I drop my number so it will be easy or give me ur number this is mine 08108290477
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Javanian: 8:36pm On Sep 25, 2014
okay. I just found a link that should guide you properly through the process. Tell me if you encounter any hassles.

http://m.wikihow.com/Compile-%26-Run-Java-Program-Using-Command-Prompt

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by GrAnDwEeZ(m): 9:29pm On Sep 26, 2014
Kudos javanian. Trying 2 learn java on my own. Woking on jcreator . Itz been fun. Buh its lyk m nt getting it agn. After I must ve finished writing my code. N build d project. Sometyms I get error msg n I correct them till its error free. Now I'm trying 2 run it on d jcreator. Giving me some error coding msg
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by McKenzi(m): 10:32am On Sep 27, 2014
moderator l will be glad if you will assist me in setting the path for my netbean IDE am using xp widow7.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by brainiest: 3:05pm On Sep 27, 2014
@javaian tanks for that site now I'm able to run my programs. I want to ask for another favour if u can help with a downloadable mathematics ebook that will help me in computer science
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Javanian: 3:24pm On Sep 27, 2014
brainiest: @javaian tanks for that site now I'm able to run my programs. I want to ask for another favour if u can help with a downloadable mathematics ebook that will help me in computer science

It depends on what you are trying to do, Mathematics is a very wild field. I might help if you are more specific.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Javanian: 3:25pm On Sep 27, 2014
GrAnDwEeZ: Kudos javanian. Trying 2 learn java on my own. Woking on jcreator . Itz been fun. Buh its lyk m nt getting it agn. After I must ve finished writing my code. N build d project. Sometyms I get error msg n I correct them till its error free. Now I'm trying 2 run it on d jcreator. Giving me some error coding msg

what error message is it given you?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Javanian: 3:29pm On Sep 27, 2014
McKenzi: moderator l will be glad if you will assist me in setting the path for my netbean IDE am using xp widow7.

Why exactly do you want to set path for your Netbeans IDE? Do you mean J2SDK or JRE? All you need to work with Netbeans is to install your J2SDK and your JRE, it should be fairly easy to do.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by brainiest: 11:35pm On Sep 27, 2014
Javanian:

It depends on what you are trying to do, Mathematics is a very wild field. I might help if you are more specific.
the one that can boost the knowledge of a programmer
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by GrAnDwEeZ(m): 7:11am On Sep 28, 2014
Javanian:

what error message is it given you?
after I must ve gotten a process completed nsg in d build output pane. Then after running. I get * " Exception in thread "main" java.Util.inputMisMatchException " msg at d general output
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Javanian: 7:11am On Sep 28, 2014
brainiest:
the one that can boost the knowledge of a programmer

A High school further mathematics text book should do.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Javanian: 7:13am On Sep 28, 2014
GrAnDwEeZ: after I must ve gotten a process completed nsg in d build output pane. Then after running. I get * " Exception in thread "main" java.Util.inputMisMatchException " msg at d general output

It's an inputMisMatchException. Paste the code here if you can, i might be able to help.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by GrAnDwEeZ(m): 9:14am On Sep 28, 2014
Javanian:

It's an inputMisMatchException. Paste the code here if you can, i might be able to help.
import java.util.Scanner;
class freeStyle {
public static void main( String args[]){
Scanner myScanner = new Scanner(System.in);
int size;
double price = 0.00;
char reply;

System.out.print(" What is the size of your shoe ? "wink;
size = myScanner.nextInt();

System.out.print(" do you have a shoe lace? Y/N "wink;
reply = myScanner.findInLine("."wink.charAt(0);

if (size < 30 && size >= 45){
price = 1500.00;
}
if (size >= 30 || size < 45){
price = 2000.00;
}
if (reply == 'Y' || reply == 'y'){
price -= 500.00;
}
/* if (reply == N || reply == n){
price = 500.00. not sure what this is
} */
if (reply != 'Y' && reply != 'y' &&
reply!='N' && reply!='n') {
System.out.println("Huh?"wink;
}
System.out.print(" price of shoe =$"wink;
System.out.print(price);
System.out.println(" thanks for coming" );
}
}
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by GrAnDwEeZ(m): 9:17am On Sep 28, 2014
Javanian:

It's an inputMisMimport java.util.Scanner;
import java.util.Random;
class LoveCalculator {
public static void main( String args[]){
Scanner myScanner = new Scanner(System.in);
Random myRandom = new Random();
int Calc ;
System.out.println( " what's his name leave a space and enter her name then click enter. "wink;
myScanner.nextInt();
Calc = myRandom.nextInt(10)+1 ;
if (Calc == 1){
System.out.print( " 30%..with patience and peseverance you two will become Romeo and juliet "wink;
}
if (Calc == 2){
System.out.print( " 40%.. you guys really look compatible, but you ll need more than facial beauty to get along "wink;
}
if (Calc == 3){
System.out.print("jffjighjhif"wink;
}
if (Calc == 4){
System.out.print("fgrhvkjltgf"wink;
}
if (Calc == 5){
System.out.print("fgrhdftgf"wink;
} if (Calc == 6){
System.out.print("fgkjfvb rhtgf"wink;
} if (Calc == 7){
System.out.print("fjklfgrhtgf"wink;
} if (Calc == cool{
System.out.print("fgklnf rhtgf"wink;
} if (Calc == 9){
System.out.print("fgroprjvn htgf"wink;
} if (Calc == 10){
System.out.print("fgrhkjvi koetgf"wink;
}

}

}
atchException. Paste the code here if you can, i might be able to help.
4 this i've some codes before settling for this. thanks in anticipation

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.