Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,368 members, 7,808,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (658950 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 2:43am On Feb 27, 2018
I make use of a laptop. I find it difficult linking css file to an html document. I'm following instructions from a youtube video Both the CSS and HTML are in the same folder. I named the CSS file style.css Know that the #66CCFF below refers to the blue color. I used the ( sign below because the phone I'm typing from doesn't have the actual one. The contents of the CSS file are:
#header (
background-color: #66CCFF;
)
After saving the CSS file and refreshing the HTML document, nothing changes. Help!
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Felixitie(m): 12:50pm On Feb 27, 2018
locust:
I make use of a laptop. I find it difficult linking css file to an html document. I'm following instructions from a youtube video Both the CSS and HTML are in the same folder. I named the CSS file style.css Know that the #66CCFF below refers to the blue color. I used the ( sign below because the phone I'm typing from doesn't have the actual one. The contents of the CSS file are:
#header (
)
After saving the CSS file and refreshing the HTML document, nothing changes. Help!
Use {} sign instead of ()
Where did you place your ccs file link?
Try using different folder for html and css.
Did you give your header class or id in the html document file?

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by imotech(m): 12:57pm On Feb 28, 2018
You can learn VB.Net. It is the easiest programming language to learn. Its IDE is the easiest to use. The beauty of using VB.NET is that once you are good in it you can then learn other programming languages like Java, Python if you want. I am a representative of ImoTech Communications Services. You can visit our link to get our contacts to learn more about programming: http://www.imotech.com.ng
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by TargetedTraffic: 4:59am On Mar 01, 2018
You should start with w3schools. com, Its the best option to know how start.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by JoshMedia: 1:57pm On Mar 02, 2018
imotech:
You can learn VB.Net. It is the easiest programming language to learn. Its IDE is the easiest to use. The beauty of using VB.NET is that once you are good in it you can then learn other programming languages like Java, Python if you want. I am a representative of ImoTech Communications Services. You can visit our link to get our contacts to learn more about programming: http://www.imotech.com.ng
Hello
Thought C programming is for beginners and therefore should be the easiest?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by michelKalib(m): 7:40pm On Mar 04, 2018
I really appreciate this post, and thank you for posting in clear details! wink

Just one sentence saying for you it's owes-am
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Samuel10101: 7:59am On Mar 05, 2018
please I need help.I want to learn any programming language but can't find anybody to teach me am in ado ekiti.please if you are in ado and you can help me please Whatsapp me on 08110326526.thanks
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Kelgabriel5(m): 11:28am On Mar 06, 2018
Samuel10101:
please I need help.I want to learn any programming language but can't find anybody to teach me am in ado ekiti.please if you are in ado and you can help me please Whatsapp me on 08110326526.thanks
start with front end web development,possibly html then move to css then JavaScript IN that order,they are pretty easy
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by dhananjayag789: 8:14am On Mar 07, 2018
Learn Python - The Most Demanding Programming Language By SIMPLIV
From 0 to 1: Learn Python Programming - Easy as Pie
Course Duration: 10:33:45 Hrs.
https://www.simpliv.com/python/from-0-to-1-learn-python-programming-easy-as-pie
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by teflonnerd(m): 11:19am On Mar 07, 2018
New on NL and Just stumbled upon the thread today. Love it love it love it. Great work guys. Questions coming soon.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by index007(m): 2:00pm On Mar 07, 2018
Get free training online via WhatsApp and Telegram weekly every Wednesday by 2pm on any of the following courses:

1) HTML/CSS
2) JavaScript
3) PHP & MySQL
4) Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint etc.

Check my signature(it is a link to my LinkedIn profile), you will get the links to join the classes on my LinkedIn profile posts

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by PcashMojo(m): 4:36pm On Mar 08, 2018
Javanian:
Please can a C++ guy write on C++??.

Where is lordZOUGA, WHiztim, omo_to_dun, webdezzi and all the others i can't remember now?? come and help me o! grin

Well this question seen like a syntax error
C++ as seen to be a low level language provide some high-level abstractions to make the programmer's life easier not toconfuse the programmer,know your IDE and do your coding,some good IDE include Eclipse,PyCharm,Dev-C++,DrJava,CLion...you can partner with one.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by PcashMojo(m): 4:49pm On Mar 08, 2018
locust:
#header (
)

This why all aspiring programmer need to know the culture of how successfull programmers classify thier document,first thing first...
Create your folder
Second know your syntax contrstuct
Lastly Explore

You don't just go about writing your css without creating the connection the effect will not jive in,
do you have something like this on your html page <link rel="stylesheet" href="style.css">
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Vecto(m): 7:32am On Mar 18, 2018
PcashMojo:

Well this question seen like a syntax error
C++ as seen to be a low level language provide some high-level abstractions to make the programmer's life easier not toconfuse the programmer,know your IDE and do your coding,some good IDE include Eclipse,PyCharm,Dev-C++,DrJava,CLion...you can partner with one.

Please can one learn programming on an Android phone?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Vecto(m): 10:07am On Mar 18, 2018
Holuwaxheun:
Dear bosses.

I am a newbie here, but would love to learn programming language.

As a starter, which programing language would you suggest I start with (pls, I don't mind u listing the next program I can learn in ascending order)

I don't have a laptop, but I have a smartphone. I don't know if this would help.

Thank you bosses

Same here. I was wondering if one could learn programming via a smart phone. I've never considered the possibility of coding using high level machine language but you can't tell.

Nothing is impossible.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Vecto(m): 10:09am On Mar 18, 2018
Harlexkhali:
I am a game developer, programme in c++,c# with the unreal engine 4 and unity engine . I need people who would enjoy sitting in front of their computers for weeks and writing more than 30000 lines of codes, I am creating a what's app group for both dedicated learners of java, c++, and c# who want to venture into the world of video game developing. And probably make a brand in years to come. The likes of EA, UBISOFT, ROCKSTAR e.t.c. all started from somewhere. So if interested make up your mind with the programming language you want to learn. And stick with it. Like some programming language were mentioned in the above post. Choose any of your choice. For a game developer I strictly advice you go for object oriented languages. Drop your number below to be part of this project.

07068885718. Thanks bro.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by GreatAchiever1: 5:36pm On Mar 18, 2018
Hey guyz... what is d best c++ ide?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Serspreader(m): 2:17pm On Mar 20, 2018
Determine what you will be doing with the programming language after you must have acquired the skills.
Do more research about the languages of your interest and search for an online platform to learn.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Winifred468(f): 10:35am On Mar 21, 2018
Javanian:
Due to the numerous "i want to start programming, which language should i start with" threads on this board i decided to create a thread that will address this issue. I am not a wonderful writer and i won't say i know it all but i will try. I urge every one on this board to correct me where i err an also contribute in whatever way you can to make this thread worth it. I will try as much as possible not to be biased in this write up.

I am not going to go into detail in defining what programming is because i will assume before entering this thread you should already know what programming is. But in summary programming is the act of creating whatever you want with your brain and computer programming is the act of creating whatever you want with your brain and a computer. You can read more from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_programming

Programmers could also be called software programmers, software developers and other big-big names you can think of.

Feel free to ask your questions, i will try and answer the ones i can my Ogas in the house will help me with those i can't answer

Please every Programmer should try as much as possible to check on this thread once in a while to help answer some questions Newbies would like to ask.

Please how do I make a button blink continuosly with javascript?

Wanna make it a call to action

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.