Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,960 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

What Is So Special About January 1st? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is So Special About January 1st? (14487 Views)

What Is So Hard About January? / Read About JANUARY, Derivation Of The Word "JANUARY" And The Gregorian Calender / What Is So Special About December? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is So Special About January 1st? by dangerzone: 9:19pm On Dec 31, 2012
hmmm, i can see people getting wiser than the world

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About January 1st? by johnstar(m): 9:23pm On Dec 31, 2012
Ok......... #continue drinking more bottles of Heineken with my neighbours cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is So Special About January 1st? by oladcity(m): 9:29pm On Dec 31, 2012
1st of January is not more important than the other days of the year, however, it is special. It is special because it has been generally accepted as a reference point in yearly cycle.
Now you may want to ask, what's the big deal about being a reference? Just imagine yourself without a home or a journey without a place of departure or a destination. I hope you catch my drift.
1st of January is worth being really excited and great full to God about
[/b]
Re: What Is So Special About January 1st? by Truckpusher(m): 9:31pm On Dec 31, 2012
I just got my black azz banned today...fu/ck sexkIllz and all hIs muthefuckIng lap dogs
onila: i have missed you all smiley

back from a ban smiley
Re: What Is So Special About January 1st? by samuel900(m): 9:31pm On Dec 31, 2012
So u don't know what's special if u have sum1 in d Bomb blast of accidents u will no its not easy to cross over
Re: What Is So Special About January 1st? by Adexprint(m): 9:32pm On Dec 31, 2012
I see no.difference joor every day is new 2 me 2moro will jus be lik every other day. and I'll pray in my house not because it's January ,1st but for the fact dat I do that whenever I want to sleep

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About January 1st? by niggadee(m): 9:33pm On Dec 31, 2012
hustla: Absolutely nothing!
broke man
Re: What Is So Special About January 1st? by mfonox: 9:33pm On Dec 31, 2012
Why do accountants choose the last day of the month to do stock take? Why do companies choose a day to do their year end? As humans, we should also set aside a day to take stock of our lifes, reflect on the past and plan for the future. It doesn't have to be jan first, u can choose to do urs daily, monthly or quarterly. Most pple just prefare to do theirs yearly, cos then u can include both short and long term goals. and since jan 1st is the first day of the new calender year, why not?

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About January 1st? by Medley(m): 9:36pm On Dec 31, 2012
you celebrate only in the way of the lord. Because another year means that you are getting closer to a particular point in your life that God have appointed to make come to pass what he has prepared for you.

Remember the bible makes reference to in the appointed year of the lord.

You may know that year may the appointed year of the Lord. So celebrate it, unless you are celebrating a tin dat is not worth it.
Re: What Is So Special About January 1st? by ehiotoye(f): 9:37pm On Dec 31, 2012
Nothing special because u r alive, healthy n can even post topic on NL if v bin on sick bed suferin from one pain or d other n pple r celebratin around u, u wil know it is special n dont nid 2 ask d questn
Re: What Is So Special About January 1st? by richardoz(m): 9:42pm On Dec 31, 2012
It is a special day to give thanks to God for the beginning of another 365days
Re: What Is So Special About January 1st? by caukerzee(m): 9:43pm On Dec 31, 2012
Whats so special about your birthday? Since its just like every other day why do you have to celebrate it?
Re: What Is So Special About January 1st? by surveyProf(m): 9:44pm On Dec 31, 2012
Reasons while Jan 1st is special to lots of people is very simple, in the sense that, @ dis time last year, if you can cast ur mind back-to-back, you will discover dat der are some people that started dis year 2012 with you, but @ as today 31st December 2012 dey are no more, that means dey are not going to be crossing over with u, with dis alone, u are meant to take dis day as a special day and give thanks to you maker, been u a Christain, Muslim, etc, its very necessary @ dis time!
Re: What Is So Special About January 1st? by methodman(m): 9:44pm On Dec 31, 2012
onila: i have missed you all smiley

back from a ban smiley
..Awwww missed u too
Re: What Is So Special About January 1st? by caukerzee(m): 9:46pm On Dec 31, 2012
Adexprint: I see no.difference joor every day is new 2 me 2moro will jus be lik every other day. and I'll pray in my house not because it's January ,1st but for the fact dat I do that whenever I want to sleep
Why do you need to remember your birthday then since its just like every other day? As a poster said, its a reference point, the begining and start of a new era. Imagine going for a journey without a starting point or refrence point?
Re: What Is So Special About January 1st? by NAIRA25(m): 9:48pm On Dec 31, 2012
CHECK THIS OUT PALS.
SEND FREE 30MSGZ SMS HERE FOR FREE New Year Bonanza...BY JUST CLICKING ON THE LINK BELOW...
Www./XMX,

http://smartsmssolutions.com/rf.php?ref=8447
Re: What Is So Special About January 1st? by Moukafoam(f): 9:50pm On Dec 31, 2012
All una mate dεy church aŋԂ mosque dεy halla Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊ηкs to God but you guys are here looking for what's not looking for you tongue wink grin
Re: What Is So Special About January 1st? by k2039: 9:52pm On Dec 31, 2012
mascot87: @Poster : Ask ur self What's so special about expecting new things in ur life?

If I want a new thing in my life I don't have to wait till the end of the year.
A new year doesn't translate to a new thing, a calendar ended and another started that's all I see.

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About January 1st? by Truckpusher(m): 9:56pm On Dec 31, 2012
GO BOY! YOU JUST SPOKE MY MIND....RIGHT NOW I'M IN A BAR WITH MA HOMMIE BUT MY HOMMY'S BIT/CH IS IN THE CHURCH , MY PROBLEM WITH THIS WHOLE THING IS THAT WE'RE GOING TO CLUB AND THEY'LL END UP FUC/KING EACH OTHER, SO WHAT'S THE POINT GOING TO CHURCH?.....NIGERIANS ACTUALLY THINK THAT THEY CAN MOCK GOD.....MTCHEEW
Mynd_44: Midnight 1st of January is the most annoying time of the year. Seriously how is it different from all the other days? And yet some over religious people will start running to church so they they as in church at that momment and then got back to what they are doing. I will rather sleep in my house or watch TV
Re: What Is So Special About January 1st? by profeoo(m): 9:57pm On Dec 31, 2012
Wel,jan 1st is lyk evry oda day 2me. I rejoice greatly wen i c a new minute,hour and day. In dat lite,d idea of waiting until 1 particular day,2thank God,be it my birthday or jan 1st is xo nt on point. Moreover,jan 1st is rooted in a pagan celebration of d god janus wit 2 faces,one facing bk nd d oda front. Pals tk 2mao jst lyk evry oda day.
Re: What Is So Special About January 1st? by k2039: 9:58pm On Dec 31, 2012
lavita2: Well, to me January 1st presents a new beginning. A chance to look back and say 'oh, I messed last year and I am going to improve this year'. It presents a renewed strength and vigour to pursue that dream of mine. I look forward to 2013. Have a properous year Fellow Nairalanders. wink
All your assertion are pointless if you don't work towards having a new beginning. You don't have to wait till Jan. 1st to have a new beginning.

Are you saying if you mess up in january you have to wait till the end of the year to have a new beginning.

About vigour and renewed strenght, the new year won't give you that, it's your personal motivation that gives you that and you don't have to wait till the end of the year to be motivated.
Re: What Is So Special About January 1st? by slimfit7: 9:58pm On Dec 31, 2012
ma life 1st, i nw u r thinkin abt shody
Re: What Is So Special About January 1st? by kaylight12(m): 9:58pm On Dec 31, 2012
because it marks a new begining which must be proper layed down.Moreova,if d foundatn is faulty,what can d righteous do?
Re: What Is So Special About January 1st? by 80million1: 9:59pm On Dec 31, 2012
*speechless*

that i'm alive on January 1st makes it special!

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About January 1st? by Truckpusher(m): 10:00pm On Dec 31, 2012
ENCOURAGE YOURSELF because AFTER YOUR GODDAMN CHURCH THING YOU FINALLY END UP IN YOUR BOY FRIEND'S ARMS WITH THAT SIX INCH PIPE BETWEEN YOUR CLIT AND THE ANUS ....SO WHAT'S THE POINT GOING TO CHURCH?
Moukafoam: All una mate dεy church aŋԂ mosque dεy halla Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊ηкs to God but you guys are here looking for what's not looking for you tongue wink grin

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About January 1st? by k2039: 10:01pm On Dec 31, 2012
Uyi Iredia: It's special because it means you saw the year through. You weren't a casualty figure that year

That one sees one year through doesn't mean he will see the next till the end.

Evident by the fact that some people will die on the first day of the new year, so what happens to the celebration they had at 12.00am
Re: What Is So Special About January 1st? by Truckpusher(m): 10:04pm On Dec 31, 2012
The only thing special abt 1st January is that lots of folks becomes broke in a week's time....and when you see those long faces after two days from now then it bites even harder.
Re: What Is So Special About January 1st? by k2039: 10:10pm On Dec 31, 2012
REMMEI: @OP. . Maybe you should ask yourself this...what's so special about your birthday which i know deep inside of you,you do rejoice when the day comes..what's so special about each month and the days in it?..maybe you will ask again,what's so special about living life?.. In my humble opinion,there's something special about everything,you just have to figure it out yourself..

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE..
I celebrated my birthday yesterday and it was just a normal day for me, no cake or party because it's just a waste of resources.

If at all there is a day that matters in the calendar it's my birthday. The only reason it's special is because when I die it will be said about 'K2039 Dec 30, 1990-.........' did so and so in his X years on earth.

So birthday actually calls for a sober reflection not celebration.

If I were to go by your post each day and month aren't different from each other, so why is new year over rated than other days.
If it's not over rated then every day should be celebrated like the new year.
Re: What Is So Special About January 1st? by k2039: 10:18pm On Dec 31, 2012
ubong560: Nothing spectacular in particular in the cellular of Jan. 1st. It's just an opportunity to thank the Lord for giving the grace to see another year.
We thank God daily, we thank God for the breath of life we get for each day so Jan. 1st is over rated then
Re: What Is So Special About January 1st? by Ofunaofu: 10:24pm On Dec 31, 2012
make una dey dia dey yarn, make i enter church for today's ogbunge cross-over night crusade. I need to dey under the annoiting enter 2013. See u all next year
***close thread***
Re: What Is So Special About January 1st? by k2039: 10:25pm On Dec 31, 2012
maninmood:

You sound like life is quite meaningless to you, pardon my ignorance if I am wrong. January 1st is not only crucial to individuals but also companies. It is high time you checked what you were unable to fix in 2012, reflect over it, and make a stern decision, and this should start tomorrow.
You don't have to wait till the end of the year to make a stern decision.
All I see from your post is that the new year calls for a reflection and soberness over the last year, not a celebration, so it's over rated.

By the way life is meaningless, you can ask Solomon. What's the point of living if you are going to die.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence / Insecure, Narcissistic People More Likely To Post On Facebook – Report / What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.