Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,914 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

Seun: What Happened To Nairaland Local Search? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Seun: What Happened To Nairaland Local Search? (839 Views)

Seun What Happened To The Ban Notification Feature / Seun What Is This??? ??? / Seun!!! What Happened To My Username? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun: What Happened To Nairaland Local Search? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 31, 2012
I noticed that Nairaland search now returns google search result. I believe and I'm sure most Nairaland users will agree with the that the Local search results is more relevant than the Google search results it's giving us now.

For instance there was a thread I saw but forgot to open it and I have a slight idea of what the subject is about so all I'm supposed to do is input a search query that is most likely to bring back the lost thread in is results so I try a few possible combinations and I find the thread.

This is what local search is supposed to do. It also serves as an access to All or most content repository where you can easily search user's profile e.t.c.
I've used it a lot and I find the local search much more useful that what you have there presently.

So is it possible to switch back?
Thanks.
Re: Seun: What Happened To Nairaland Local Search? by Seun(m): 6:34pm On Dec 31, 2012
See www.nairaland.com/search or scroll to the bottom of any page...
Re: Seun: What Happened To Nairaland Local Search? by alleviate2002us(m): 6:44pm On Dec 31, 2012
@OP, you may need to try using the local search bar at the bottom page. It worked for me when i noticed what you commented on some weeks back.
Re: Seun: What Happened To Nairaland Local Search? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 31, 2012
Seun: See www.nairaland.com/search or scroll to the bottom of any page...
Wow! Thanks. Didn't notice that or did you just do the magic? Lol!
I tried the one at the top which was what I'm used to, so I'll just switch to the one below.

(1) (Reply)

Official Cross River State Govt Website Down? / Propaint Mobile (PPM) Help And Tutorials Needed / 4 Types Of People Who Might Visit Your Link

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.