Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,257 members, 7,780,551 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:22 PM

Nairaland Mathematics Clinic - Education (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Mathematics Clinic (475583 Views)

Mathematics Clinic / 2015 Cowbell Mathematics Champion, Akinkuowo Honoured By School. / Lead City University Clinic Welcomes First Ever Baby Since 10 Years Of Opening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by lordbeans(m): 1:54am On Mar 23, 2018
plessis:
It's 2018 and y'all are still doing basic calculus and o'level mathematics.

When are y'all gonna step up to stuffs like Riemannian geometry, algebraic geometry, algebraic topology, elliptic curves etc?

You all bore me to be honest.

These are advanced courses in graduate school by some pure Mathematicians (key words some pure mathematicians). This means they are decent pure mathematicians whose area of research interests is different from the aforementioned interests; examples are number theorists, functional analysts , etc. Now these excludes applied mathematicians. Mathematics is very broad, and since we have limited life time, it is almost impossible for one to be knowledgeable or proficient in all areas (well apart from David Hilbert and Leonhard Euler- Mathematics was not as broad then as it is now).

If you are really interested in these areas (which I extremely doubt- no curious mind will want to punch down on harmless and useful nairalanders ) you can visit forums like Mathematics StackExchange, MathOverflow and Quora, rather than diving into a thread and harassing people who have taking the pain to squeeze out time from their tight schedule to provide answers painstakingly to problems (even if mundane as you claim).

It is as easy to write out topics in mathematics which one is clueless about as it is to post in a Nairaland mathematics thread about being a genius in these topics just to feel deceptively good about yourself.

The cliche which says 'before you run you must first learn how to walk' comes to mind.

10 Likes

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Mechanics96(m): 9:27am On Mar 23, 2018
meekmill:
Guys, pls how can i be good in mathematics.
That my issue in school, i really have problems solving mathematics,
Help

Hi, I want to believe that you're as curious as you sound! In that case, I"ll advise you to practice and practice be determined and seek assistance from your teachers (and others alike). Remember, Genius are not born, they are made!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by plessis: 12:13am On Mar 24, 2018
lordbeans:

These are advanced courses in graduate school by some pure Mathematicians (key words some pure mathematicians). This means they are decent pure mathematicians whose area of research interests is different from the aforementioned interests; examples are number theorists, functional analysts , etc. Now these excludes applied mathematicians. Mathematics is very broad, and since we have limited life time, it is almost impossible for one to be knowledgeable or proficient in all areas (well apart from David Hilbert and Leonhard Euler- Mathematics was not as broad then as it is now).

If you are really interested in these areas (which I extremely doubt- no curious mind will want to punch down on harmless and useful nairalanders ) you can visit forums like Mathematics StackExchange, MathOverflow and Quora, rather than diving into a thread and harassing people who have taking the pain to squeeze out time from their tight schedule to provide answers painstakingly to problems (even if mundane as you claim).

It is as easy to write out topics in mathematics which one is clueless about as it is to post in a Nairaland mathematics thread about being a genius in these topics just to feel deceptively good about yourself.

The cliche which says 'before you run you must first learn how to walk' comes to mind.

shut up your mouth. Nobody is talking about being a genius here nor bragging here. And I didn't ask you to educate me.

I've been following this thread since 2013 and there's barely a single pure mathematics topic being discussed here and I only made a single complain.

The thread says "mathematics clinic", And I asked why you aren't going higher to at least up to undergraduate level and you're writing a dissertation for me.

Why not raise the bar by Talking about analysis or groups or some undergraduate course?

Do you know how many pure mathematician have been discouraged by what is going on here?

By helping these kids do their assignments, you're not really helping them.

Modify the title of the thread so that some of us can understand what is happening here.
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by plessis: 12:20am On Mar 24, 2018
Mechanics96:

Not all of us don't know these..... however this thread is meant for learning not show off(forgive me).
Beginners should learn too, they need it more!

Cheers!
nobody is showing off.

I'm only concerned that this group that is meant to be a colloquium for mathematicians has turned out to be a homework assistance group.

When you step up, you'll discover that there are so many pure mathematicians like you who have avoided this thread because of what it has become.
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by lordbeans(m): 7:58am On Mar 24, 2018
plessis:
shut up your mouth. Nobody is talking about being a genius here nor bragging here. And I didn't ask you to educate me.

I've been following this thread since 2013 and there's barely a single pure mathematics topic being discussed here and I only made a single complain.

The thread says "mathematics clinic", And I asked why you aren't going higher to at least up to undergraduate level and you're writing a dissertation for me.

Why not raise the bar by Talking about analysis or groups or some undergraduate course?

Do you know how many pure mathematician have been discouraged by what is going on here?

By helping these kids do their assignments, you're not really helping them.

Modify the title of the thread so that some of us can understand what is happening here.

Wow what a shockingly stupid response!.... Phew and it's coming from a supposed genius. Ignored henceforth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by plessis: 9:59am On Mar 24, 2018
lordbeans:

Wow what a shockingly stupid response!.... Phew and it's coming from a supposed genius. Ignored henceforth.
where did I call myself a genius or is it that you're dense? Keep yourself away from my mentions with your inability to comprehend simple Grammer.

I have no cure for you.
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by thankyouJesus(m): 10:00am On Mar 26, 2018
Homeboiy:

Help me out with 7,8,9

Please big bro
Cc dejt4u
richez
mechanics96
This should give you an idea

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by thankyouJesus(m): 10:03am On Mar 26, 2018
Is there any question not attended to?
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Homeboiy: 10:51am On Mar 26, 2018
thankyouJesus:
This should give you an idea

Thanks bro

Help me on any of these ones
You can even attempt all

cc thankyoujesus

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Homeboiy: 2:48pm On Mar 26, 2018
thankyouJesus:

this

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by thankyouJesus(m): 7:42pm On Mar 26, 2018
Homeboiy:

this

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Homeboiy: 12:02am On Mar 27, 2018
[quote author=thankyouJesus post=66180730][/quote]
sir, number 5(b) and (d) is confusing me
looking at the final answers
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by busayoalabi(m): 12:57am On Mar 27, 2018
I need a mathematics competition group
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Matinoh: 5:23am On Mar 27, 2018
thankyouJesus:
Guy u dey vex o lol... I love this spirit

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by thankyouJesus(m): 11:05am On Mar 27, 2018
Homeboiy:

sir, number 5(b) and (d) is confusing me

looking at the final answers
I used L Hospital rule for both because after substitution, the answer will be in indeterminate for. Do you know about L Hospital rule sir?
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Homeboiy: 11:09am On Mar 27, 2018
thankyouJesus:
I used L Hospital rule for both because after substitution, the answer will be in indeterminate for. Do you know about L Hospital rule sir?

yes sir,to that 5(d)
using l'hospital rule
if I differentiate, my final answer is 3/2

others are understandable by me

Anyways thank you sir for your concern
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by thankyouJesus(m): 4:21pm On Mar 27, 2018
Homeboiy:

yes sir,to that 5(d)
using l'hospital rule
if I differentiate, my final answer is 3/2

others are understandable by me

Anyways thank you sir for your concern
Could you please show your solution to 5d sir.. .
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Homeboiy: 6:33pm On Mar 27, 2018
thankyouJesus:
Could you please show your solution to 5d sir.. .

This is it sir
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Homeboiy: 6:36pm On Mar 27, 2018
cc. thankyoujesus

network is holding the upload
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by thankyouJesus(m): 7:19pm On Mar 27, 2018
Homeboiy:
cc. thankyoujesus

network is holding the upload
Okay sir.. ..
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by mickybabs: 10:44am On Mar 28, 2018
please kindly help with these questions. finding the derivatives of the equations

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Homeboiy: 4:29pm On Mar 28, 2018
thankyouJesus:
Okay sir.. ..

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by thankyouJesus(m): 8:42pm On Mar 28, 2018
[quote author=Homeboiy post=66236297][/quote]Yes, you're right.. .. I did a wrong thing from here
2x/(2x-2) = x/(x-1)
This should be the right thing
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Xsem(m): 1:06am On Mar 29, 2018
Please how can I rationalize this surd problem.

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Aybalance: 6:22am On Mar 29, 2018
help pls:The distribution of boys and girls are:class A: 25 boys , 15 girls class B: 20 boys, 10 girls...if a boy is selected at random from the congregation of the two classes ,what is the probability that he is from class B
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by dejt4u(m): 6:43am On Mar 29, 2018
Aybalance:
help pls:The distribution of boys and girls are:class A: 25 boys , 15 girls class B: 20 boys, 10 girls...if a boy is selected at random from the congregation of the two classes ,what is the probability that he is from class B
20/70 = 2/7
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Aybalance: 7:37am On Mar 29, 2018
dejt4u:
20/70 = 2/7
thanks
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Aybalance: 7:43am On Mar 29, 2018
help pls..Of the 30 students in a class, 8 surnames begin with A or O and 18 begin with a consonant.No students name begins with any of the letters C,Q,U,V and Z.what is the probability that the surname selected randomly begins with (1)A vowel (2) E or I
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by dejt4u(m): 8:24am On Mar 29, 2018
Xsem:
Please how can I rationalize this surd problem.
see the image below

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by lilsaint44(m): 9:31am On Mar 29, 2018
help me with this please any one

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by dejt4u(m): 9:48am On Mar 29, 2018
lilsaint44:
help me with this please any one
√48
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by lilsaint44(m): 11:03am On Mar 29, 2018
dejt4u:
√48
please could u help with the workings

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (284) (Reply)

2017/2018 JAMB Cut Off Mark For All Schools Released! See Full List. / Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here / 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.