Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,157 members, 7,780,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:53 AM

Does The Quran Permit Suicide? - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Does The Quran Permit Suicide? (24561 Views)

Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh / Marriage According To The Quran And Sunnah. / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Quran Permit Suicide? by Exponental(m): 6:54pm On Jan 08, 2013
tbaba1234:

Nor kill (or destroy) yourselves: for verily God hath been to you Most Merciful! If any do that in rancor and injustice, soon shall We cast them into the Fire: And easy it is for God. Chapter 4 Verse 29 - 30

Narrated Jundab the Prophet said, "A man was inflicted with wounds and he committed suicide, and so Allah said: My slave has caused death on himself hurriedly, so I forbid Paradise for him." (Bukhari Volume 2, Book 23, Number 445)

Narrated Thabit bin Ad-Dahhak:"And if somebody commits suicide with anything in this world, he will be tortured with that very thing on the Day of Resurrection. (Bukhari Volume 8, Book 73, Number 73)

One of the greatest scholars of this century, from Saudi Arabia

"...So what we hold is that those people who perform these suicide (bombings) have wrongfully committed suicide, and that this necessitates entry into the Hellfire, and Allah's refuge is sought; and that this person is not a shahid (martyr)..."

- Shaykh Muhammad Bin Saalih al-'Uthaymeen, Saudi Arabia

i wish dis came from a quran
Re: Does The Quran Permit Suicide? by BetaThings: 6:55pm On Jan 08, 2013
babyosisi:

First of all asking me to show you suicide bombing in the Koran is laughable
Where there bombs developed at the time of Mohammed ?

The issue is not suicidev bombing but martyrdom
It is a high honor in Islam to be killed for the course of Islam
And to do maximum damage on non believers and achieve the state of martyrdom is like an icing on the cake
That's the purpose
That is the reason why some schools of thought accepted in Islam say so.

Suicide is the issue. How it is done - knife, gun, drug - does not matter
Suicide is not the same as martyrdom - anyone killed defending a cause, a country is usually called a martyr by his people
The Qur'an condemns suicide; The book of ahadeeth do so too
Re: Does The Quran Permit Suicide? by eduson33(m): 6:55pm On Jan 08, 2013
Using multiple accounts..
Who you wanna deceive?

Nevertheless,
You guys should learn to accommodate other religion as they do accomodate you.
Look at usa,look at other christian nations,how many of them deprive you of biulding yor mosque of moving freely?

I live in a muslim country and I know what its like..

Thanx all
Re: Does The Quran Permit Suicide? by Li2musty(m): 6:55pm On Jan 08, 2013
gp66: i love Christainity. Jesus said leave vengeance for me. Why would islam permit jihad in d first place? It is because of this jihad that islams are very violent. Test Christainity and ur life will neva remain thesame.

In d world today chk all the crisis nation it is islam. Why why why?

Father forgive them for they know not what they are doing.
let me tell u is u dat don't no wat u are doin so better beg for forgiveness ode
Re: Does The Quran Permit Suicide? by BetaThings: 6:59pm On Jan 08, 2013
babyosisi:
I figured that out already
He is a Muslim trying to sound ignorant
It is all part of the Jihad of deception
Na today

babyosisi: Waiting for someone to call Dr Zakir a teacher of falsehood
@ the OP,I have dealt with Muslims online
They are very educated in the art of deception
They will tell an ignorant non Muslim all the flowery things they want you to know and even when they lie in doing so,it is permitted in Islam to tell lies to deceive the gullible for the furtherance of Islam. So even lying depends on the situation

There are many main stream teachings in Islam that are not quotations from the Koran but generally accepted because Mohammed did them and taught to do them
They are recorded in the hadiths and form part of their sharia.
It is a complicated set up and the answers are blowing in the wind.

I challenge you to produce JUST ONE (1) sentence that from the Qur'an and the book of ahadeeth that contradicts all the verses forbidding suicide

This allegation of deception is rich
Christians publish fake Qur'an. Muslims don't have time for such deception

http://middleeast.about.com/b/2008/01/06/bible-vs-quran-super-bowl-of-publishing.htm

'Marketing savvy or not, the Quran's brigades must be doing something right even as places like the Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Texas have created a masters degree "to train missionaries," The Economist notes, "in the art of converting Muslims." It's not always the most ethical missionary zeal in the world: some of those Evangelical lurches have included the production of fake Qurans with writings specifically designed to plant doubt in Muslims' minds The Pentagon, which has been involved in its own counterfeiting operations with the Iraqi media(among other places), would approve."

1 Like

Re: Does The Quran Permit Suicide? by dexmond: 7:12pm On Jan 08, 2013
@ OP

Sorry about your loss. To the question you asked, Suicide is not supported by the Quran. Suicide according to the dictionary means taking ones life; it has no place in Islam as the Quran does not permit a Muslim to take his life. However, the Qur'an did command the Muslims to make war with the kuffars i.e you who is a Christian and pagans, till they testify that there is no god but allah. Sahih Muslim (1:33) The Messenger of Allah said: "I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, and they establish prayer and pay zakat."

You will agree that the Mujahideen i.e holy warriors may get killed. If that happens, allah according to the Qur'an and Hadiths they will go straight to paradise Sahih Muslim 20:4381 "The messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him) said "Surely, the gates of paradise are under the shadow of sword"
Re: Does The Quran Permit Suicide? by eduson33(m): 7:12pm On Jan 08, 2013
You already knw the truth..stop beating about the bush
BetaThings:

I challenge you to produce JUST ONE (1) sentence that from the Qur'an and the book of ahadeeth that contradicts all the verses forbidding suicide

This allegation of deception is rich
Christians publish fake Qur'an. Muslims don't have time for such deception

http://middleeast.about.com/b/2008/01/06/bible-vs-quran-super-bowl-of-publishing.htm

'Marketing savvy or not, the Quran's brigades must be doing something right even as places like the Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Texas have created a masters degree "to train missionaries," The Economist notes, "in the art of converting Muslims." It's not always the most ethical missionary zeal in the world: some of those Evangelical lurches have included the production of fake Qurans with writings specifically designed to plant doubt in Muslims' minds The Pentagon, which has been involved in its own counterfeiting operations with the Iraqi media(among other places), would approve."
Re: Does The Quran Permit Suicide? by cold(m): 7:15pm On Jan 08, 2013
Yeah,i can see the pacifists have all converged. Dishing out the usual rhetoric;'Islam is a religion of peace' & other unbridled lies in a desperate bid to come across as calm,unassuming & peaceful. A group of people who can't even swat a fly. But anybody with a brain the size of an apple should be able to see through these shenanigans.@op,YES! Suicide is sanctioned in the Qu'ran,advocated by the Prophet & propagated in Islam.
Here are few verses i pasted on a previous thread,to illustrate the workings of the mind of a true Muslim:

Quran (2:191-193) - "And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah."

Quran (2:244) - "Then fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things."

Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority"

Quran (4:74) - "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward." (This is the core ideological base for today's suicide bombers)

Quran (4:76) - "Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah…"

Quran (4:95) - "Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah with their goods and their persons. Allah hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home). Unto all (in Faith) Hath Allah promised good: But those who strive and fight Hath He distinguished above those who sit (at home) by a special reward,-" (Contrary to what has been constantly drummed on this forum & elsewhere that the violent ones are not the real Muslims,they are indeed the true Muslims doing Allah's will.Whilst those of you who continue to tell anyone who care to listen that 'Islam is a religion of peace'and refuse to partake in the violence are less worthy in Allah's eyes and you will be rewarded accordingly.

1 Like

Re: Does The Quran Permit Suicide? by Li2musty(m): 7:19pm On Jan 08, 2013
dexmond: @ OP

Sorry about your loss. To the question you asked, Suicide is not supported by the Quran. Suicide according to the dictionary means taking ones life; it has no place in Islam as the Quran does not permit a Muslim to take his life. However, the Qur'an did command the Muslims to make war with the kuffars i.e you who is a Christian and pagans, till they testify that there is no god but allah. Sahih Muslim (1:33) The Messenger of Allah said: "I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, and they establish prayer and pay zakat."

You will agree that the Mujahideen i.e holy warriors may get killed. If that happens, allah according to the Qur'an and Hadiths they will go straight to paradise Sahih Muslim 20:4381 "The messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him) said "Surely, the gates of paradise are under the shadow of sword"
tenx a lot n u said the truth may god bless u
Re: Does The Quran Permit Suicide? by cold(m): 7:26pm On Jan 08, 2013
More..@op,do not be conned by the cool mien a lot of em have tried so hard to portray.Islam in itself is inherently violent. The non-violent Muslim will be non-violent irrespective of religion.

Quran (4:104) - "And be not weak hearted in pursuit of the enemy; if you suffer pain, then surely they (too) suffer pain as you suffer pain..." Is pursuing an injured and retreating enemy really an act of self-defense

Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"
No reasonable person would interpret this to mean a spiritual struggle

Quran (8:15) - "O ye who believe! When ye meet those who disbelieve in battle, turn not your backs to them. (16)Whoso on that day turneth his back to them, unless maneuvering for battle or intent to join a company, he truly hath incurred wrath from Allah, and his habitation will be hell, a hapless journey's end."

Quran (8:57) - "If thou comest on them in the war, deal with them so as to strike fear in those who are behind them, that haply they may remember

Quran (8:59-60) - "And let not those who disbelieve suppose that they can outstrip (Allah's Purpose). Lo! they cannot escape. Make ready for them all thou canst of (armed) force and of horses tethered, that thereby ye may dismay the enemy of Allah and your enemy."

Quran (8:65) - "O Prophet, exhort the believers to fight..."
Re: Does The Quran Permit Suicide? by BetaThings: 7:28pm On Jan 08, 2013
eduson33: Using multiple accounts..
Who you wanna deceive?

Nevertheless,
You guys should learn to accommodate other religion as they do accomodate you.
Look at usa,look at other christian nations,how many of them deprive you of biulding yor mosque of moving freely?

I live in a muslim country and I know what its like..

Thanx all
Prove that it is a multiple account. Although I cannot speak for him
However your Christian Brother StJudas has been masquerading as a muslim
Check his posts

911 mosque is an issue in the US
Google other mosques for which planning approval has been withheld

Alhmadu li Llah, the Muslims are not trying to kill you in that country like we are being told is the norm
Re: Does The Quran Permit Suicide? by vedaxcool(m): 7:32pm On Jan 08, 2013
babyosisi: Only 3?
They will enter mosque and kill one,enter church and kill 150
How manage?
Someone is trying to tell us this is not about Islam
Until the Muslims feel the maximum impact of Boko haram like we have felt,this will not end
Let them get into a mosque filled with dignitaries and detonate there and kill 100 then repeat that 3 more times
,Boko haram will cease to exist

Yes I said it

The above statement simply captures the state of irrationality the mind we are dealing with, such a mind is coming from a supposed adherent of the religion of love, this same mind will want us to believe she is not inherently a violent person, I bet she wished she was in Rwanda during the Genocide.

Well the above rant elicited support from people of her mind but the below
Superbly told her what she is:

ziccoit:

That a woman, who will one day be a mother to some children, put this down is disturbing.

Even if your wishes were to be the case and 300 Muslims were reported murdered that wouldn't have made you happy either.

The refined open-minded Christians I know believe this is never about Islam but a criminal activity being perpetrated by few disgrunting individuals against all.

Keep on living on bitter venoms you ignorantly gulped from your leaders, by pointing finger to Islam, instead of sitting down and be independent for once for the sake of freedom from shackle of intellectual slavery.

There we have some one angered on the lack of high death toll!

www.nairaland.com/1155641/gunmen-fire-muslim-worshippers-kano

1 Like

Re: Does The Quran Permit Suicide? by vedaxcool(m): 7:36pm On Jan 08, 2013
And the saddening fact remains most of babyosisi's co travelers share her irrational state of mind that seems to be bloodthirsty and belligerent. I pray most Christians turn out to be like the OP, willing to ask question and ready to accept intellectually the answer given! No muslim have jubilated over the death of the OP's uncle yet we see babyosisi demanding 300 death for starters . . . Haba something is seriously wrong somewhere . . .
Re: Does The Quran Permit Suicide? by Li2musty(m): 7:37pm On Jan 08, 2013
vedaxcool:

The above statement simply captures the state of irrationality the mind we are dealing with, such a mind is coming from a supposed adherent of the religion of love, this same mind will want us to believe she is not inherently a violent person, I bet she wished she was in Rwanda during the Genocide.

Well the above rant elicited support from people of her mind but the below
Superbly told her what she is:

There we have some one angered on the lack of high death toll!

wait pls answer me who told u dat bokoharams are muslims or didn't u heard wen three cristian wer found dey wanted to bomb a church n u are dier telling me dat bokoharams are muslims yes da are muslims and cristians dey joined force bad cristians and bad muslims dey joined forces n u are dier ode
Re: Does The Quran Permit Suicide? by Bongoman1: 7:41pm On Jan 08, 2013
Re: Does The Quran Permit Suicide? by BetaThings: 7:44pm On Jan 08, 2013
eduson33: You already knw the truth..stop beating about the bush

The truth is that

1 Like

Re: Does The Quran Permit Suicide? by vedaxcool(m): 7:45pm On Jan 08, 2013
Li2musty: wait pls answer me who told u dat bokoharams are muslims or didn't u heard wen three cristian wer found dey wanted to bomb a church n u are dier telling me dat bokoharams are muslims yes da are muslims and cristians dey joined force bad cristians and bad muslims dey joined forces n u are dier ode

Truly one can really say what bokoharam is as the U.S govt. Advised the Nigerian govt. Not to take every single act of terror as being the BH as some people perpetuate crimal acts pretending to be BH! And that is it, BH is a complex web of criminality and terror!
Re: Does The Quran Permit Suicide? by BetaThings: 7:48pm On Jan 08, 2013
Bongo_man: @ Strictlymi,

I read a book about the Japanese Ninjitsu which relates to the die hard combat technique modern day Islamist extremist implements in warfare, they(Japanese Ninjas) are died hard combatants, their only mission is to win, they fight till the end,retreat or surrender as prisoners of war is not acceptable, they either die fighting, stab or blow themselves up. This is just cause and they believe in. Although it is not an Islamic teaching, rather a reference to modern day warfare.

Suicide bombing is justied combat technique and one does not need no Quran to ask or know if it is right or wrong. Boko Haram is not a non-violent struggle. They have a cause and they would by any means try to achieve it. As such suicide bombing is one of the very best way to pass the message.

Sallam!

Sorry sir,
Shintoism from which Ninjutsu is drawn allows seppuku
Infact it is considered a favour to be granted that right
Islam does not allow suicide.
I am convinced that any muslim who indulges in it has taken a life (his) that he did not create
Any sensible muslim will not commit a terminal sin
Re: Does The Quran Permit Suicide? by Li2musty(m): 7:51pm On Jan 08, 2013
Hey guys let me tell u somtin jihaad means wen u fighting for religion and den u died das d meaning of jihaad oooo not to go n kill people and kill urself in d name of jihaad........
Re: Does The Quran Permit Suicide? by BetaThings: 7:52pm On Jan 08, 2013
vedaxcool:

The difference is that the really angry and dangerous people in Islam are in the minority - Bin Laden, Shekau
In Christianity, the mainstream leaders approve untold violence due to inveterate hatred
Re: Does The Quran Permit Suicide? by maclatunji: 7:56pm On Jan 08, 2013
@BabyOsisi, look at one of your "infallible sources of Islamic knowledge" http://aggressivechristianity.net/islam/bloody.htm
I laugh in Urdu.

If Baby Osisi wanted to learn about Capitalism, she would go to Fidel Castro- how brilliant! cheesy
Re: Does The Quran Permit Suicide? by tbaba1234: 8:04pm On Jan 08, 2013
dexmond: @ OP

ue

Not True..
i. A kuffar does NOT mean all non- muslims . It means to bury, reject and deny the truth when it comes to you. A non-muslim who is presented with Islam in its pure form and rejects it, is a kaffir. One who rejects.

ii. "Allah forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for your faith, nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: For Allah loves those who are just" (60:cool

Now to address the lies:

i.

There is NO reference like Sahih Muslim 20:4381,,,ro The deceit here is disgusting, trying to paint the prophet as a violent man.

THe Qoute is :

..Allah's Apostle in one of his military expeditions against the enemy, waited till the sun declined and then he got up amongst the people saying, "O people! Do not wish to meet the enemy, and ask Allah for safety, but when you face the enemy, be patient, and remember that Paradise is under the shades of swords."

Then he said, "O Allah, the Revealer of the Holy Book, and the Mover of the clouds and the Defeater of the clans, defeat them, and grant us victory over them."(Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 52, Number 266l)

This narration makes it abundantly clear that the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) taught his followers to hate violence and never desire conflict with the enemy. However, in the event of a battle, the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) encouraged his companions to be patient and informed them of the reward promised by God to those who die fighting oppression and injustice.

Please be honest at least when you Quote

Another one

Sahih Muslim (1:33) The Messenger of Allah said: "I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, and they establish prayer and pay zakat.

Full transcript:

And the Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "I have been ordered to fight the people until they testify that there is no deity worthy of worship other than Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, establish the prayer, and pay zakat, and if they do this, then their blood and money shall be protected from me, except by an Islamic right, and their account will be with Allah.

There is a huge difference between two words. Killing (qatl) is one-directional, whereas fighting (qital) implies mutuality, i.e., that there are two sides fighting each other.

The word here is people not non-believers.

This narration lists some of the pillars of Islam that Muslims must adhere to. The fighting being ordained here refers to the enforcement of laws and regulations within an Islamic state. Just as modern governments enforce their legal policies, so to does the Islamic state. These legal policies refer to Muslims paying their Zakat (charity tax) and abiding by the laws in an Islamic state. Those who understood the sayings of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) the best, were his companions, and we can examine their application of the sayings of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) to derive a better understanding.

1 Like

Re: Does The Quran Permit Suicide? by Stalwert: 8:05pm On Jan 08, 2013
BetaThings:

The difference is that the really angry and dangerous people in Islam are in the minority - Bin Laden, Shekau
In Christianity, the mainstream leaders approve untold violence due to inveterate hatred

She got an instant 25 likes for her bloodthirsty comment! This same woman is the head of tribalism in the political segment, yet rather than people avoid her repulsive statement they quickly line up to herald her statement as being truths!

1 Like

Re: Does The Quran Permit Suicide? by Bongoman1: 8:21pm On Jan 08, 2013
Re: Does The Quran Permit Suicide? by DANILSA(m): 8:23pm On Jan 08, 2013
PYGURU UR A [b]HYPOCRITE,[/b] I QUOTED SOMETHING AND YOU BANNED ME MEANWHILE SOMEONE ELSE DID SAME AND YOU LET HIM GO.
Re: Does The Quran Permit Suicide? by Geewan(m): 8:40pm On Jan 08, 2013
@folafola

All your allegations are very laughable. I can show you proof in the Quran about the spherical shape of the earth. “And the earth, moreover, hath He made egg shaped.” [Al-Qur’an 79:30].

Did Moses and David not killed? Moses (Ex. 2:11-15) and David (2 Sam. 11:15-17) and "And he brought out the people that were in it, and cut them with saws, and with harrows of iron, and with axes..." (I Chronicles 20:3). Chapters 17-19 (17-18-19) tells us that David killed 22,000 Syrians. No one expresses shame at such slaughters. Here in 20:3, we have David, counted as a great leader of the Israelites, slaughtering captives after the cessation of hostilities. From what high moral ground should we admire this action?

The Arabic version of the Bible was not present at the time of Prophet Muhummad (PBUH). The earliest Arabic version of the Old Testament is that of R. Saadias Gaon of 900 C.E. - more than 250 years after the death of our beloved Prophet. The oldest Arabic version of the new Testament was published by Erpenius in 1616 C.E. - about a thousand years after the demise of our Prophet.

If Islam supports suicide, then why are you still alive? Are there no muslims where you live?

1 Like

Re: Does The Quran Permit Suicide? by Bongoman1: 8:45pm On Jan 08, 2013
Geewan: @folafola

If Islam supports suicide, then why are you still alive? Are there no muslims where you live?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Does The Quran Permit Suicide? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 08, 2013
islam is all theories.
muslims love to live in self denial.
the truth is in ur actions
Re: Does The Quran Permit Suicide? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 08, 2013
1) Does Islam approve of killing people for any reasons?
2) Please what are these justified reasons for killing, if true?
3) Which is considered more serious sin - making cartoons or videos mocking the Prophet or suicide bombing?
4) Is it ok for muslims to protest and attack people who mock the Prophet?
5) Any particular reasons why muslims don't protest or do jihad against suicide and other attacks on muslims/non-muslims by the so-called misguided islamists, being as you all say such attacks misrepresent and insult Islam?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is My Fast Broken? I Kissed And Touched My Wife This Afternoon / Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon / Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.