Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,937 members, 7,806,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Add Weight In 2weeks - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Add Weight In 2weeks (714 Views)

Advice On How To Add Weight! / I'm Too Skinny, What Can I Do To Add Weight? Food's Not Working..any Help? / How To Drastically Reduce Weight In 21 Days By Eating 2 Kinds Of Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Add Weight In 2weeks by Nobody: 6:32am On Jan 01, 2013
Hi everyone.
I have a friend who bothers me a lot that she wants to add weight. She looks very slim and skinny. I don't know what to tell her because I don't have answers to her problem. Please nairalanders, can you help me out here
Re: Add Weight In 2weeks by ihedioramma: 6:36am On Jan 01, 2013
??
Re: Add Weight In 2weeks by donez(m): 6:25pm On Jan 01, 2013
Tel her 2 eat alot esp eba and akpu and also sleep alot
Re: Add Weight In 2weeks by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 02, 2013
Nice one
Re: Add Weight In 2weeks by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 02, 2013
If that is her body make up and she has a fast metabolism, then there is nothing that you can do.

You may get her to eat fatty foods but you are only damaging the body.

Nothing wrong in being slim so long as she has a healthy weight and eats healthy.
Re: Add Weight In 2weeks by EfemenaXY: 11:05am On Jan 03, 2013
chynzino: Hi everyone.
I have a friend who bothers me a lot that she wants to add weight. She looks very slim and skinny. I don't know what to tell her because I don't have answers to her problem. Please nairalanders, can you help me out here

~ Does she have any underlying health issues? If yes, then she needs to have those sorted out first with her doctor. Whatever the case may be, it's best to treat the root cause of the problem and not the symptoms.

~ If she hasn't got any underlying health issues, get her to find out what her Body Mass Index (BMI) is. As long as it's within normal range, she has nothing to worry about. Here's a useful link you both might want to read up on: http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/loseweight/Pages/BodyMassIndex.aspx

~ Finally, I would caution against adding weight for cosmetic purposes. If she's thinking of taking "wonder pills" to help her add weight, dissuade her from it as there are long term repercussions associated with it. If putting on weight is really that much of an issue / concern to her, then encourage her to undertake a healthy exercise plan. Contrary to what many people think, exercising is a good way to build up muscle tone. Combine that with a healthy diet too.
Re: Add Weight In 2weeks by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 03, 2013
Wow! This is one of the best contributions I have gotten. Thanks a million. But if I may ask, could you explain more on BMI

(1) (Reply)

6 Things That Can Increase Your Risk Of Having Fibroid / St Ives Ivf & Fertility Unit / Brain Exercises And How They Help Your Memory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.