Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,218 members, 7,780,405 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:44 PM

President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation (10768 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan New Year Message To Nigerians / Picture Of One Of Jonathan's New University / President Jonathan's New Year Suprise For 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by gboyetade: 8:05am On Jan 01, 2013
"We will give priority attention in the coming year to flood and erosion control, the rehabilitation and expansion of roads," he said. GEJ also spoke on the issues of employment and security. Nigeria has suffered numerous incidents of kidnappings, armed robbers, and attacks by Boko Haram in 2012.
The Nigerian President closed by urging Nigerians to become more involved in supporting the improvement of the country.

Full Text of the President Jonathan's New Year's message

Fellow Nigerians,

1. I greet and rejoice with you all as we celebrate the advent of a new year.

2. I join you all in giving thanks to God Almighty for bringing us and our beloved nation safely through the past year to the beginning of 2013 which, by His Grace, will be a much better year for us and our country.

3. In keeping with tradition, it is usual for individuals, institutions and organizations to make resolutions and set agenda as a new year begins, to guide their actions in the coming months.

4. I have already given a clear indication of the Federal Government’s agenda for 2013 in recent pronouncements. Our objective for the year is to ensure by all possible means that more of the programmes and projects envisioned by this administration, and which are already being embarked upon are further brought on stream within the next 12 months to meet the yearnings of our people, and raise the quality of life.

5. We have in the last year achieved a lot in terms of the positive transformation of vital sectors of our national life such as public infrastructure, power supply, oil and gas, transportation, education, health and agricultural development. We will continue to work diligently in 2013 to ensure that our efforts in these areas are carried forward to full fruition in fulfillment of our promise of better public services and improved living conditions for all Nigerians.

6. We will give priority attention in the coming year to flood and erosion control, the rehabilitation and expansion of existing federal roads, improved power supply, as well as the continued rehabilitation, upgrading and reactivation of the national rail network.

7. Employment generation and wealth creation will also remain a primary objective of our sociology-economic agenda for 2013. Creating more employment opportunities for our youth and graduates of our universities is an imperative that will continue to underpin our drive for massive economic growth, the rapid expansion of our manufacturing and industrial base, and the productive diversification of our national economy. In this regard, we will continue to provide the necessary enabling environment for the private sector to thrive.

8. As peace and security remain pre-requisite conditions for the full realization of our objectives, we will also do more in 2013 to further empower our security agencies who are working in collaborative partnerships with our friends in the international community to stem the scourge of terrorism in our country and enhance the security of lives and property in all parts of Nigeria.

9. I also want to assure Nigerians that we will refuse to be discouraged by those who have taken it upon themselves to pick on every initiative and effort of this administration. We remain resolutely committed to the rule of law, due process and fair play in all circumstances. Our democracy continues to grow, and the scope for human freedom continues to expand. It is an achievement that we will continue to build upon.

10. I say it again, we are determined to continue to push forward. We will do more, not less. We will remain focused.

11.For your part, dear compatriots, I urge that you all include in your new year resolutions a commitment to do more this year to support the implementation of the Federal Government’s Agenda for National Transformation in every possible way. That is all I ask for.

12. The task of making our dear nation a much better place for present and future generations cannot be left to government alone. Leaders and followers alike have critical roles to play in our march towards the fulfillment of our great national potentials.

13. Let us all therefore resolve as we celebrate the new year to place the higher interests of national unity, peace, stability and progress above all other considerations and work harder in our particular fields of human endeavour to contribute more significantly to the attainment of our collective aspirations.

14. I wish you all a happy and rewarding 2013.

15. God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR
President
Federal Republic of Nigeria

http://gboyetade..com/2013/01/president-goodluck-jonathan-goodluck.html

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/president-goodluck-jonathan%E2%80%99s-new-year-message-nigerians-african-spotlight

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by Queendo(f): 8:35am On Jan 01, 2013
Hmmm what will I say we hear powerful speech every now and then, but implementation is usually d biggest problem. Jobs are left 4 d big shuts who can pay for it.while d masses are left to their fate, what is d govt doing abt it, why wait until d roads have taken thousands off Nigerians b4 making it a priority, what is d govt doing to curb BH. pls dis is no time for speech any more lets take action.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by Hardfact: 8:41am On Jan 01, 2013
Hey Mr Pres those speeches mean nothing to us. It's about time you got down to the real business of governance. The people are waiting, the world is watching and clock is ticking fast.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by gboyetade: 8:44am On Jan 01, 2013
Let us hope the president actually meant it this time around. Who knows if he has a perfect new year resolution?
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by cockyjay: 8:51am On Jan 01, 2013
Is this speech complete? No new year shocker?

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by Akshow: 8:52am On Jan 01, 2013
one of my New year resolution is that i wont read any thing said by the Otutueke baboon cos all na fake promises and lies. All Na wash.
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by HonEmeritus(m): 9:05am On Jan 01, 2013
Does he still impress anyone with these speeches?
Jonathan don fall my hand big time!

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by AnodaIT(m): 9:23am On Jan 01, 2013
Nice speech , what remains is to back up with action.
All programs should be realise to shame critics.
God bless Nigeria
God Bless the President

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:30am On Jan 01, 2013
i was expecting that he'd remove subsidy.
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by gboyetade: 9:46am On Jan 01, 2013
Maybe subsidy removal will come up in the First lady's speech later today grin

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 01, 2013
Nothing in the world is more haughty than a man of moderate capacity when once raised to power.
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by Teej(m): 10:07am On Jan 01, 2013
Dis is all repitition...we nigerians need action and for him to provide g☺☺d jobs for the youths
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by Raxz(m): 10:23am On Jan 01, 2013
Mr president we know year 2012 was a changing year for all of us an a Nation and we pray as we make the beginning of new year God in his own infinit mercy will guard you as you deliver on your promises. fellow citizens we have to do our possible best to support the Federal Government Agenda in other to see a total turnover in our National Economic growth and Development. May God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria. May God bless our president.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by SELFWORTH: 10:33am On Jan 01, 2013
I pray that God will continue to assist the President in Jesus name. Amen

All the enemies of the progress of Nigeria will continue to suffer the faith of Pharaoh.

All the enemies of GEJ will continue to eat their words because God will put them all to shame. Amen.

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by Jibwillz: 10:35am On Jan 01, 2013
We need anoda occupy nigeria protest, GEJ pls increase
sumfin nah

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by peace3: 10:38am On Jan 01, 2013
I THOUGHT NATIONAL BROADCAST SUBSIDY WAS REMOVE LAST YEAR grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by Builder: 10:39am On Jan 01, 2013
Last year, Gej went before Daddy GO for prayer, in january the man released a communique wishing nigerians a happy new year, we later learnt he spent 1billion naira on food... then the subsidy removal. heaven knows what surprises he have in store for us this year. The man na reall mumu house boi... Giringori and klarus get brain pass am

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by cockyjay: 10:40am On Jan 01, 2013
gboyetade: Maybe subsidy removal will come up in the First lady's speech later today grin
lol if that's the case i won't miss it grin
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by SELFWORTH: 10:42am On Jan 01, 2013
Teej: Dis is all repitition...we nigerians need action and for him to provide g☺☺d jobs for the youths

No president in any other country is responsible for providing jobs for all citizens. It's the economic environment that facilitates the creation of jobs via good security, stable political environment , water, transport etc. once the country is thriving , international companies will come and establish in Nigeria. Entrepreneurs will also be able to start businesses that will create jobs. It's a cycle.

Every attempt to do something about transport is frustrated by people like Dangote who need their trucks to be bringing them millions. Every attempt to sort out the power problem is frustrated by some corrupt members of the govt who are being bribed by the Chinese who supply 99.9% of the generator used in Nigeria.

The root of the problems facing Nigeria goes beyond what we all imagine.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 01, 2013
I am not about to waste 10 mins of my Life to read any speech by any Nigerian Politician... undecided
My feelings are captured perfectly within this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZC1OL3GZh8

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by vision2050: 10:45am On Jan 01, 2013
Okay, we don hear. Promise without fulfil. Gej hear this if you fail to meet your target.
Something unbearable may happen to you.
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by Donweezy20: 10:47am On Jan 01, 2013
GEJ is suppose to tackle our major problems in Nigeria one after d oda so dat dis 2013 is goin 2 b d most exciting year in Nigeria.Problems lyk insecurity,lack of electricity,poor transportation networks,unemployment nd so on.....
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by SELFWORTH: 10:48am On Jan 01, 2013
Builder: Last year, Gej went before Daddy GO for prayer, in january the man released a communique wishing nigerians a happy new year, we later learnt he spent 1billion naira on food... then the subsidy removal. heaven knows what surprises he have in store for us this year. The man na reall mumu house boi... Giringori and klarus get brain pass am

And what do you know about leading a nation like Nigeria? I take it you are an experienced ex-president .

Please tell us what YOU will do if you were made the president of Nigeria to prevent ignorant citizens from calling you 'mumu'.

Please make sure you give us miracle cures not policies that will take a few years to be embedded into the economy.

This is a new year. I can't believe people can just open their mouth and talk without thinking!

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by BrutusOj(m): 10:50am On Jan 01, 2013
gboyetade: Let us hope the president actually meant it this time around. Who knows if he has a perfect new year resolution?
we are tired of talks(speeches),all we want now is action.I have stoped makin resolutions evry new year,wot I do now is to change tins by actions not by telling ppl ma new year resolution(s)
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by henryadex(m): 10:50am On Jan 01, 2013
This our president has never been specific about any practical or radical change, his promises are like God promising you a better sunshine next year more atmospheric supply of O2 oxygen. Let him get that cap off his head and use it for thinking. HAPPY NEW YEAR
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by Donweezy20: 10:51am On Jan 01, 2013
Nd y is it dat anytym dat dere is a problem in Nigeria,GEJ is always travelling,we either here dat he's in Dubai,USA nd whatever.When he's suppose to stay nd battle wif our problems.
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by SELFWORTH: 10:52am On Jan 01, 2013
vision2050: Okay, we don hear. Promise without fulfil. Gej hear this if you fail to meet your target.
Something unbearable may happen to you.

I knew it was only a matter of time before Boko Haram members joined NL.
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by amijid2012(m): 10:53am On Jan 01, 2013
cockyjay: Is this speech complete? No new year shocker?
am telling you o..,
Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by Chongaiman: 11:05am On Jan 01, 2013

Fellow Nigerians,. . . .

9. I also want to assure Nigerians that we will refuse to be discouraged by those who have taken it upon themselves to pick on every initiative and effort of this administration. We remain resolutely committed to the rule of law, due process and fair play in all circumstances. Our democracy continues to grow, and the scope for human freedom continues to expand. It is an achievement that we will continue to build upon.

10. I say it again, we are determined to continue to push forward. We will do more, not less. We will remain focused. . .

That is even putting it mildly. They are simultaeneously making overt and covert attempts to bring about the downfall of the infidel impostor. May they be frustrated and confounded in their planning and execution. May their desires be like that of the hungry man who while sleeping, dreams he is eating but wakes up still hungry.

HNY NLers! May we all have several causes to rejoice in 2013.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by Chamber10(m): 11:07am On Jan 01, 2013
I pray God to help u this year to shame those that thought u r clueless

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by awodman: 11:10am On Jan 01, 2013
Chongaiman:

That is even putting it mildly. They are simultaeneously making overt and covert attempts to bring about the downfall of the infidel impostor. May they be frustrated and confounded in their planning and execution. May their desires be like that of the hungry man who while sleeping, dreams he is eating but wakes up still hungry.

HNY NLers! May we all have several causes to rejoice in 2013.
I tot I was d only one Đa̶̲̥̅̊τ̲̅ saw Đa̶̲̥̅̊τ̲̅ line...τ̅☺ me dats a great blow τ̅☺ the opposition..carry on GEJ

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation by onyeego(m): 11:19am On Jan 01, 2013
[/quote]

9. I also want to assure Nigerians that we will refuse to be discouraged by those who have taken it upon themselves to pick on every initiative and effort of this administration. We remain resolutely committed to the rule of law, due process and fair play in all circumstances. Our democracy continues to grow, and the scope for human freedom continues to expand. It is an achievement that we will continue to build ml[/quote]
GBAMMMMM!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Supreme Court Upholds Right of Female Child to Inherit Properties in Igboland / If Court Ordered That Dasuki Be Released, It Should Be Obeyed —orji Kalu / FG To Borrow N823b Through Treasury Bills In First Quarter 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.