Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,081 members, 7,807,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Urgent Puzzle Review...asap - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Urgent Puzzle Review...asap (1564 Views)

New Year IQ Test: Who Dies In This Puzzle? / Who Can Unravel This Geometric Puzzle / Solve This Puzzle If You Are A Genius (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Puzzle Review...asap by Besto(m): 8:38am On Jan 01, 2013
gud am to all and a warm happy new month via a new year
pls i'd luv to get a help on dis puzzle which was given to my lil cuzine as a take home project.
had gone left right,side to side bet not jst gud with puzzle tinss and lil cuzine is so so lukin up to ''bros''
And bros dosnt wana fall his hand... so here goes the puzzle
Puzzle Question: Got the wrong buckets?
you have a 10-litre bucket,a 7-litre bucket and a tap
How can you get exactly 9litres?....
So dear nairalanders...i'd made a promise dat b4 she getz back from villa..i'd hv killed the puzzzle with my nairalanders in mind...

Re: Urgent Puzzle Review...asap by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 01, 2013
Besto: gud am to all and a warm happy new month via a new year
pls i'd luv to get a help on dis puzzle which was given to my lil cuzine as a take home project.
had gone left right,side to side bet not jst gud with puzzle tinss and lil cuzine is so so lukin up to ''bros''
So dear nairalanders...i'd made a promise dat b4 she getz back from villa..i'd hv killed the puzzzle with my nairalanders in mind...
Re: Urgent Puzzle Review...asap by Besto(m): 8:48am On Jan 01, 2013
Factor dese
The factors of 9 are 1,3 and 9
Three factors althogether = an odd number of the factors

The factors of 10 are 1,2,5 and 10
Four factors altogether = an even number of the factors

How many numbers from 1 to 100 have an even number of factors?

What do the rest have in common?

abeg guyz bear ohhh...wuz all in my head is the range rover for 2013
Re: Urgent Puzzle Review...asap by Besto(m): 8:52am On Jan 01, 2013
Martowskin: ar u sure u typed d right question? Check again to confirm u typed it right
my dia,,its ova ryt
cud even snapshot the text book.....v tot lyk u datz y i decided to bring it on here....
they r jst killing a jss1 chic wit gmat stuff
u nid to see the technical drawing i did 4ha....what i neva encountered in Engrin Graphics sef..
Re: Urgent Puzzle Review...asap by Besto(m): 8:55am On Jan 01, 2013
abeg if moderator cud push it to front page...i'd apr8 ''for quicker solution''...chic either comes bak late 2dae or early 2mao. cry
Re: Urgent Puzzle Review...asap by AK481(m): 9:34am On Jan 01, 2013
Fill the 10 litre,pull it in the 7 ltr,the one in the 10l will remain 3l(10-7)=3.repeat it 3rice u ll av your 9lt.

Remember to used an extra bucket for putting the 3l each time u re renewing the process.
Re: Urgent Puzzle Review...asap by Besto(m): 1:14pm On Jan 01, 2013
AK 48: Fill the 10 litre,pull it in the 7 ltr,the one in the 10l will remain 3l(10-7)=3.repeat it 3rice u ll av your 9lt.

Remember to used an extra bucket for putting the 3l each time u re renewing the process.
lolz bet ts jst 2bucket stated,,a 3rd wasnt mentioned.
Re: Urgent Puzzle Review...asap by Youngsage: 4:12pm On Jan 01, 2013
Besto: gud am to all and a warm happy new month via a new year
Here you are, just follow the steps below to arrive at the answer
1) Fill the 10ltr bucket with water first
2) Empty the contents of the 10ltr bucket into the 7ltr bucket. Now the 7ltr bucket will be filled, while 3ltr of water will be left in the other bucket.
3) Empty the 7ltrs bucket.
4) Pour the 3ltrs of water left in the 10ltr bucket into the 7ltr bucket. Now you'll have 3ltrs of water in the 7ltr bucket, with the other one empty.
5) Fill the 10ltr bucket.
6) Pour from the 10ltr bucket into the 7ltr bucket. Remember there is 3ltrs of water in it already, so 4ltrs extra is required to fill it up. And 4ltrs subtracted from the 10ltrs bucket of water will leave you with 6ltrs in it.
7) Empty the 7ltr bucket.
8. Pour the 6ltrs of water in the 10ltr bucket, into the 7ltr bucket. Now there will be 6ltrs of water in the 7ltr bucket, while the 10ltr bucket will be empty.
9) Now fill the 10ltr bucket with water.
10)Recall, there is already 6ltrs of water in the 7ltr bucket. So to just 1ltr of water is required to fill it up, and the 10 ltr bucket is filled with water, right? So all you have to do now is to fill the 7ltr bucket with water from the 10ltr bucket. In other words, 1 litre of water would have been removed from the 10litre bucket by the time the 7litre bucket is filled up...
Leaving you with exactly 9litres of water!
I must confess this got my brain racking after a long break! Glad I did justice to your cousin's project.

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Puzzle Review...asap by Besto(m): 6:45pm On Jan 01, 2013
Youngsage:
2) Empty the contents of the 10ltr bucket into the 7ltr bucket. Now the 7ltr bucket will be filled, while 3ltr of water will be left in the other bucket.
4) Pour the 3ltrs of water left in the 10ltr bucket into the 7ltr bucket. Now you'll have 3ltrs of water in the 7ltr bucket, with the other one empty.
6) Pour from the 10ltr bucket into the 7ltr bucket. Remember there is 3ltrs of water in it already, so 4ltrs extra is required to fill it up. And 4ltrs subtracted from the 10ltrs bucket of water will leave you with 6ltrs in it.
8. Pour the 6ltrs of water in the 10ltr bucket, into the 7ltr bucket. Now there will be 6ltrs of water in the 7ltr bucket, while the 10ltr bucket will be empty.
10)Recall, there is already 6ltrs of water in the 7ltr bucket. So to just 1ltr of water is required to fill it up, and the 10 ltr bucket is filled with water, right? So all you have to do now is to fill the 7ltr bucket with water from the 10ltr bucket. In other words, 1 litre of water would have been removed from the 10litre bucket by the time the 7litre bucket is filled up...
I must confess this got my brain racking after a long break! Glad I did justice to your cousin's project.

lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz kudos....u r indeed a genuis mehn...range rover budget wudnt hv take me dis long reasoning...i wonder if thier teacher go sabi wetin them dey give poor jss 1 chic
Re: Urgent Puzzle Review...asap by Youngsage: 1:12pm On Jan 02, 2013
Lol @ range rover budget! Bt seriouzly me thinks dis is too technical for a js1 kid nw, d teacher sef shld knw jst wants to keep them busy
Re: Urgent Puzzle Review...asap by dryakson(m): 9:24pm On Jan 02, 2013
Youngsage:
guy! U are truely genuie, i spend good 1hr without success, been in a higher level talkless of a poor jss 1 student? More glocouse to ur brain

1 Like

Re: Urgent Puzzle Review...asap by Besto(m): 2:58pm On Jan 03, 2013
dryakson: guy! U are truely genuie, i spend good 1hr without success, been in a higher level talkless of a poor jss 1 student? More glocouse to ur brain
lolz.....the guy get oyel oyel 4him head.

(1) (Reply)

4 Reasons Your 30s Will Definitely Be Better Than Your 20s / How To Check JAMB Admission Status Online Jamb.org.ng / 8 Types Of Students You See In A University Library

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.