Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,793 members, 7,802,523 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 - Sports (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 (74784 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa : International Friendly : (1 - 1) On 29th March 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by searay(m): 6:15am On Jan 03, 2013
ola_pluto: CORRECTION: THE SUPER EAGLES SCORER IS NOT ONAZI!!! THAT IS BRIGHT DIKE.
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by LeBlack: 7:14am On Jan 03, 2013
miteolu:

tonto dike dey dance fuji for his brother that scored

http://www.iroy.in/nigerian-footballers-market-value/

How do you mean? I'm just happy for him. Atleast, he's market value would rise small and he'd be noticed.

Up Super Eagles!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by BUTONEDAY(m): 8:41am On Jan 03, 2013
BARCELONA, Spain - Dutch great Johan Cruyff concluded his coaching career on Wednesday after overseeing Catalonia's 1-1 draw with Nigeria in a friendly.

The former player and coach for both Barcelona and Ajax said after the match that "unless something strange happens, I don't see myself coaching again."

"I always have too many things to do, so don't worry about me getting bored," he said.

The 65-year-old Cruyff is revered in the northeastern region of Spain for his years at Barcelona. He played for Barcelona from 1973-78 and then returned as coach from 1988-96, guiding the group known as the "Dream Team" to Barcelona's first European Cup title and establishing the same attractive passing style it still deploys to such great success today.

Cruyff said it was a "point of pride" to be considered the architect of Barcelona's style of play that has been carried on by coaches Pep Guardiola and Tito Vilanova.

In November, Cruyff announced he was leaving the post with Catalonia because he had turned 65, saying he had reached "retirement age." He took the position in 2009 after a 13-year hiatus from coaching.

Cruyff, who won the Ballon d'Or three times as a player, said that it had been an "honour" to coach Catalonia's regional selection. Catalonia didn't lose any of its four games under his command.

Nigeria used the match to prepare for its upcoming participation in the Africa Cup of Nations.

Former Deportivo La Coruna midfielder Sergio Gonzalez gave Catalonia the lead in the fourth minute at Espanyol's Cornella-El Prat stadium when he converted a penalty after a Nigeria player had handled the ball in the area.

Catalonia, with a heavy representation of Barcelona players, controlled the match until Portland Timbers forward Bright Dike equalized for Nigeria in its first shot on goal 10 minutes into the second half.

The Africa Cup of Nations will be hosted by South Africa and runs from Jan. 19 to Feb. 10. Nigeria is in a group with titleholder Zambia, Ethiopia and Burkina Faso.

Catalonia and other regions of Spain like the Basque Country play friendlies but do not compete in official international competitions.

http://www.timescolonist.com/sports/soccer/johan-cruyff-ends-coaching-career-with-catalonia-s-1-1-draw-against-nigeria-in-friendly-1.38438

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by ignis: 10:26am On Jan 03, 2013
What have we learnt from the score line?
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by brosun(m): 10:50am On Jan 03, 2013
ignis: What have we learnt from the score line?
That the team that played had resilience and were dogged; that we do not need to write our national teams off even before the kick of the ball just because they have been underperforming; that we can only get the Super Eagles we deserve by the kind of support we give them; that with proper focus, dedication and commitment, the Eagles will become really supper again, ready to take on teams we think are invincible because of the big names they parade...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by ekhai(m): 1:33pm On Jan 03, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: Sometimes thrashing is the best preparation. I remember how Netherland thrashed Nigeria before the commencement of France '98. After that thrashing, we faced reality, trained harder and beat Spain in the World Cup.
You are my kind of person. YOU HAVE THE QUALITY OF A COACH.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by ignis: 7:58pm On Jan 03, 2013
brosun: That the team that played had resilience and were dogged; that we do not need to write our national teams off even before the kick of the ball just because they have been underperforming; that we can only get the Super Eagles we deserve by the kind of support we give them; that with proper focus, dedication and commitment, the Eagles will become really supper again, ready to take on teams we think are invincible because of the big names they parade...
Ɣõµ are astute and intelligent.
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Dignitary: 8:00pm On Jan 03, 2013
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by autchman144(m): 4:48am On Jan 04, 2013
kaz4sure: Catalunya 4, Nigeria 0.......goals scorred by Tello, Xavi, pique and Bojan.......I dreamt of the match dis morning
go back to bed & edit ur dream
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by babyboy3(m): 2:17am On Jan 05, 2013
brosun: That the team that played had resilience and were dogged; that we do not need to write our national teams off even before the kick of the ball just because they have been underperforming; that we can only get the Super Eagles we deserve by the kind of support we give them; that with proper focus, dedication and commitment, the Eagles will become really supper again, ready to take on teams we think are invincible because of the big names they parade...

More like they played looking for contracts in Europe, wait till hen they reach the continent of Africa
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by mensdept: 6:41am On Jan 05, 2013
Glad we have somewhat of a new team.

No automatic shirts Keshi, and dont listen to anyone wanting Yakubooboo and the fmr Retired Generals to come back
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by alfaSSS: 12:17pm On Nov 21, 2013
i see double.
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by truthislight: 4:46pm On Nov 25, 2013
alfaSSS: i see double.

Why is this sports thread here or showing on the religiouse section sef ?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 26, 2013
what is this thread doing here?

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Ainsley Maitland-Niles' Mother Is Homeless But He Lives In £700,000 Mansion / Muhammad Ali’s Son ‘dumps’ Wife And Children After Inheriting $80million From La / Barca Troll Ronaldo & Juventus With This Photo After Messi Scored Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.