Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,816 members, 7,802,619 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Pls Need Advice On 2006 Audi A6 Allroad - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Need Advice On 2006 Audi A6 Allroad (1032 Views)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 Quattro or 2007 Toyota Camry LE / Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Audi A6 V8 Allroad Quattro Wagon Air Suspension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Need Advice On 2006 Audi A6 Allroad by Flow10ng: 2:00pm On Jan 01, 2013
Pls Siena need advice on buying a 2006 Audi A6 allroad from uk because it's not available in the US only the A6 Avant is and i want something with ground clearance cos of Nigerian roads.....the main issue is I will have to convert it from right hand drive to left hand drive....is it advisable? And will it not develop issues in near future? Pls help out guys
Re: Pls Need Advice On 2006 Audi A6 Allroad by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 01, 2013
Flow10ng: Pls Siena need advice on buying a 2006 Audi A6 allroad from uk because it's not available in the US only the A6 Avant is and i want something with ground clearance cos of Nigerian roads.....the main issue is I will have to convert it from right hand drive to left hand drive....is it advisable? And will it not develop issues in near future? Pls help out guys

The 2006 Audi A6 Allroad is based upon the C6 platform, so converting it to LHD is not an issue. The firewall on the C6 is common to both LHD and RHD. I have not converted an Allroad, but I have converted the C6 A6 Sedan, which shares the same firewall and components as the Allroad.

My C6 conversion can't be detected, the only way is if you're savvy with reading VIN numbers. It'll be something like this:

WAUZZZ4FX7N016***

WA says it was built in Germany, and N represents the factory it was built in, Neckarsulm, Germany. These won't really matter in your case, as UK cars were all built in Germany anyway. US-spec cars have very different VIN numbers. What denotes the if the vehicle was LHD or RHD from the factory, is the last 6 numbers of the VIN. This is the Serial Number. Now regardless of the country the car was built in, the serial number is the give away, as every country will have an allocated batch of cars, so for example, if Uganda had an allocation, with serial numbers from 037522 - 073642.

So we're talking 36,120 cars. So with Uganda being RHD, cars with serial # 037522 - 073642 obviously be recognised as RHD, even if they're later converted. The average buyer may not know, though if the car's taken to a dealership for a scan, it will identify the vehicle as an ex-RHD car, and a Ugandan allocation.

So this aside, there won't be any issues with a RHD conversion.
Re: Pls Need Advice On 2006 Audi A6 Allroad by Flow10ng: 7:37am On Jan 04, 2013
Please how much would a standard RHD CONVERION cost me for the 2006 Audi A6 allroad then
Re: Pls Need Advice On 2006 Audi A6 Allroad by mastro: 10:30am On Jan 04, 2013
why not buy a LHD car from the continent http://www.mobile.de/?lang=en by the time you factor in conversion costs v travel costs it might be cheaper

(1) (Reply)

My Acura 3.5 Body Alway shaking Vigorously When Ever A/C is ON What Can I Do? / Photos: The Secret About Car Tyres / NISSAN ALMERA TINO, Fuel Smells In The Car When U Drive.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.