Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

When Your Boss Is Your Boyfriend - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / When Your Boss Is Your Boyfriend (449 Views)

Ladies Only!!!how Often Do You Call Your Boyfriend / My Boss Is Looking For A Girl In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When Your Boss Is Your Boyfriend by Sundaynig(m): 4:48pm On Jan 01, 2013
I will tell you how to navigate your professional and personal space without drifting apart.

An office romance comes with its own set of rules and complications. However, it gets even harder to deal with when your lover also happens to be your boss. I tell you how to balance both.

Learn to take no for an answer
There maybe times when you both don't see eye to eye about an issue. Instead of resenting him for it, discuss the same, try and understand his point of view, even if you can't accept it. When you are back at home be yourself and say remember "It's business, not personal." Also, there will be office gossip, avoid providing the material for it by arguing at work.

Avoid indulging in too much PDA
The one thing most couples find hard to do when in a relationship is to limit PDA when in public. While it's natural for you to have moments when you just want to reach out and hold the person, people around you may not be comfortable with it. So as far as possible, avoid PDA in office, a light touch or a peck on the cheek is okay, provided it's in the confines of your own cabin, and not privy to prying eyes. Also, if possible avoid baby talk in office, and take breaks with other colleagues. Leave office at different times even a few minutes' difference looks professional.

Learn when to pull the plug on work talk
While it's okay to talk about what happens in office, make sure you also have time for yourselves. Learn to respond to your partner's cues, and that will teach you when they have switched off mentally, even if they have not said so, and want to discuss anything apart from work.

(1) (Reply)

Am Confussed.....urgent Help Needed. / A Nairalander Just Arrived Oyo And Needs A Female Friend / I Really Do Need A Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.