Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,460 members, 7,781,332 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:37 PM

The Memorable Quotes And Advice You Learnt In 2012 - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Memorable Quotes And Advice You Learnt In 2012 (687 Views)

Happy Mothers Day Quotes And Sayings / New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. / Recent Igbo Sayings You Learnt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Memorable Quotes And Advice You Learnt In 2012 by ben4ever(m): 4:57pm On Jan 01, 2013
I've learnt alot this past year 2012; but there is a special advice/proverb i heard which keeps echoing in my head. It says'' Direction is better than speed '. It has manifested itself in every aspect of my life ever since. Please share yours so that we can learn from it.
Mature quotes pls!
Re: The Memorable Quotes And Advice You Learnt In 2012 by otele(m): 1:50am On Jan 02, 2013
This is actually an old quote but I learnt it in 2012. It's a quote by veteran British prime minister Winston Churchill and it goes thus-
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter" grin

So for those who are upset that Nigerians were foolish in voting for GEJ, the Nigerian Voters are not the first to disconnect their brain from their vote grin and they won't be the last.
Re: The Memorable Quotes And Advice You Learnt In 2012 by ifyalways(f): 10:18am On Jan 02, 2013
Onye ma echi ? . . . who knows tomorrow? smiley

1 Like

Re: The Memorable Quotes And Advice You Learnt In 2012 by otele(m): 5:11pm On Jan 02, 2013
what people call you doesnt matter, what matters is what you answer to smiley

1 Like

Re: The Memorable Quotes And Advice You Learnt In 2012 by ben4ever(m): 5:47pm On Jan 02, 2013
ifyalways: Onye ma echi ? . . . who knows tomorrow? smiley

i really like this one, cos i've also witnessed it a couple of times! Nice one there!

(1) (Reply)

. / I Am Very Proud To Be A Nigerian / Snow In Cairo,egypt For The First Time In Over 100 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.