Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

Does Sex In Marriage Lower One's Spirituality? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Sex In Marriage Lower One's Spirituality? (2008 Views)

Love Or Submission....which Should Come First In Marriage? / Sex In The Church! Wife Accuses Top Lagos Pastor Of Sleeping With Church Members / Issues About Sex In Dream, Spirit Wife, Spirit Husband, Spirit Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Sex In Marriage Lower One's Spirituality? by intrepid: 9:21am On Jan 02, 2013
A friend was trying to tell me this but I have had a contrary opinion...He is still single but claimed that a married folk told him that being intimate sometimes affects one's spirituality negatively as she noticed that she wasnt always as fervent and powerful as before.....IS this assertion true or false?What is the truth people?
Re: Does Sex In Marriage Lower One's Spirituality? by advocate666: 9:27am On Jan 02, 2013
Maybe her own level of brainwashing has reached a critical point.
Re: Does Sex In Marriage Lower One's Spirituality? by k2039: 9:30am On Jan 02, 2013
[color=soyouquotedme]Sex lowers spirituality when it's not legal.

If marital sex will lower a couple's spirituality, I'm afraid God wouldn't have instituted marriage.
[/color]

3 Likes

Re: Does Sex In Marriage Lower One's Spirituality? by advocate666: 9:41am On Jan 02, 2013
k2039: [color=soyouquotedme]Se.x lowers spirituality when it's not legal.

If marital se.x will lower a couple's spirituality, I'm afraid God wouldn't have instituted marraige.
[/color]

which god instituted which marriage?
Re: Does Sex In Marriage Lower One's Spirituality? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 02, 2013
intrepid: A friend was trying to tell me this but I have had a contrary opinion...He is still single but claimed that a married folk told him that being intimate sometimes affects one's spirituality negatively as she noticed that she wasnt always as fervent and powerful as before.....IS this assertion true or false?What is the truth people?

Good afternoon sir,

I believe firmly that marriage is a very important step for those who want to go into it. I am aware that some persons, tend to get the wrong notion about marriage and serving God. Some christians have a hard time combining both. This shouldn't be the case. We are not supposed to combine marriage and serving God as if they are mutually exclusive.

What we should understand is that we serve God in various ways. Marriage is one of the ways serving God. If a married person neglects his or her family because he or she wants to be in church 24-7, then God will definitely not be happy with that individual. I do not expect a married person to be as 'dedicated' in church activities as a single person would be. A single person does not have the same level of responsibility as one who is married hence the greater level of flexibility for the single person.

I am not in any way saying that as a married person one cannot take part in church activities. What I am saying is that when one is married, you do not neglect your duty to your family because you want to fulfill what you believe is your duty to God. As a married person the first duty God has given to you, is to take care of your family before you go out to fulfill other obligations.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Does Sex In Marriage Lower One's Spirituality? by Alaafialoro(m): 7:28pm On Jan 02, 2013
Sex in marriage does not necessarily affect spirituality. Though getting married, as a whole, MAY reduce your spirituality as you are likely to be concerned about your wife and kid(s) leading to ‘divided‘ attention,as shown in 1 cor.7:33 & 34 . That‘s why a certain denomination makes sure that their priests are unmarried, although that has proved to be a mistake due to attrocity committed by some of the priests.
Therefore,my conclusion is that the effect of having sex for married people is relatively dependent on individual and their handling spiritual thing,even before marriage.
Re: Does Sex In Marriage Lower One's Spirituality? by AtheistD(m): 7:31pm On Jan 02, 2013
I pity the husband. He will be forced to seek nookie elsewhere while she spends all night casting and binding demons and water spirits.
Re: Does Sex In Marriage Lower One's Spirituality? by seyibrown(f): 3:05pm On Jan 03, 2013
Perverted sex within marriage will affect your relationship with God!
Re: Does Sex In Marriage Lower One's Spirituality? by beejaay: 4:00pm On Feb 13, 2013
intrepid: A friend was trying to tell me this but I have had a contrary opinion...He is still single but claimed that a married folk told him that being intimate sometimes affects one's spirituality negatively as she noticed that she wasnt always as fervent and powerful as before.....IS this assertion true or false?What is the truth people?
se.x doesnt reduce spirituality (if anything it can enhance it ). the notion of se.x outside marriage and illicit sex are created by religion becuase of the personal xperience and prejudice of those spreading the message of another spiritual master. I can tell you though that abstaining from se.x or only having s.ex when you are married to your sexual partner is a concept that religions came up with so that they could have more power and control over people and to create guilt so that people would have to come to them and give them money to find their way back into God's good graces. Of course all of this is a total lie and it has not worked. People have always made their own choices about their sexuality, only now they have been made to feel ashamed or guilty about it via laws, rules and religious dogma. GOD would never chose this unhappiness for ITs children. Man has chosen this (words of Diana/Dhyana markley).

1 Like

Re: Does Sex In Marriage Lower One's Spirituality? by beejaay: 4:02pm On Feb 13, 2013
seyibrown: Perverted sex within marriage will affect your relationship with God!
there is no such thing as perveted sex

1 Like

Re: Does Sex In Marriage Lower One's Spirituality? by beejaay: 4:05pm On Feb 13, 2013
advocate666:

which god instituted which marriage?
thank you. marriage is created by us to allow order in the society (which is a good thing). God (the great intellect) doesnt interfere with we choose to do with our lives
Re: Does Sex In Marriage Lower One's Spirituality? by beejaay: 4:09pm On Feb 13, 2013
k2039: [color=soyouquotedme]Sex lowers spirituality when it's not legal.

If marital sex will lower a couple's spirituality, I'm afraid God wouldn't have instituted marriage.
[/color]
God didnt instituted marriage man did. every law that God/nature/great intellect want us to obey are automatic and u cant challenge them e.g law of cause/effect
Re: Does Sex In Marriage Lower One's Spirituality? by Gcares(m): 4:43pm On Feb 13, 2013
This topic is classic one . It signifies one of the major problems in christianity ; how do you measure spirituality? The majority of bible scholars have been fumbling and wumbling in the dark in search of the answer to this question. I daresay that i have found the answer.It is 'LOVE EACH OTHER AS I HAVE LOVED YOU.'-King JESUS OF NAZARETH wink
Re: Does Sex In Marriage Lower One's Spirituality? by intrepid: 7:20pm On Feb 23, 2013
k2039: [color=soyouquotedme]Sex lowers spirituality when it's not legal.

[/color]
exactly dear.There is always that guilt whenever its done outside only that ppl stiffle their conscience and appear,normal.
Re: Does Sex In Marriage Lower One's Spirituality? by seyibrown(f): 9:36pm On Feb 23, 2013
beejaay:
there is no such thing as perveted sex

Sekz with a child/animal/same sekz IS perverted; r/a-p-e is perverted; SM(and the likes)/mindless/drug-fuelled sekz is perverted; sekz addiction is perverted, adultery with consent of one's spouse with the view to increase excitement between a couple is perverted sekz; and if any of the aforementioned (and others like it) were introduced into a marriage, it would still remain perverted sekz and will negatively affect one's relationship with God. There can be sexual immorality within a marriage and the Bible tells us to FLEE from it!

(1) (Reply)

Is It Right To Hug And peck In Church? / The Earth Is The Lord's, And The Fullness Thereof / Please I Urgently Need To Get Across To Rev. Father Ejike Mbaka, Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.