Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,386 members, 7,800,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

Can She Continue Fasting? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can She Continue Fasting? (741 Views)

Shall We Continue In Sin? / RCCG Annual Fasting And Prayer February 2013 ( Prayer Guide) / Fasting To Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can She Continue Fasting? by oluagness(m): 10:15am On Jan 02, 2013
She prepared herself and ready to fast but mistakenly tasted her baby's food. Has she broken the fast?
Re: Can She Continue Fasting? by obalola7: 10:22am On Jan 02, 2013
oluagness: She prepared herself and ready to fast but mistakenly tasted her baby's food. Has she broken the fast?

Yes she can continue with a simple prayer of forgiveness.
God is not a blind God, he knows the heart and understand that the enemy of our lives is always trying to war with our flesh.
Re: Can She Continue Fasting? by AtheistD(m): 10:28am On Jan 02, 2013
^^^^

Is it safe to fast while breastfeeding? (i assume she is breastfeeding)

Also, I reckon pastors should start screening ppl they put on fasts. Some ppl might be adversely affected by fasting. Here is a list:

Diabetics
Heavily pregnant
Recovering from operations/illness
Sick with certain types of illnesses and on medication
Breastfeeding moms

Please feel free to add any to the list.
Re: Can She Continue Fasting? by obalola7: 10:42am On Jan 02, 2013
Atheist:-D:
^^^^

Is it safe to fast while breastfeeding? (i assume she is breastfeeding)

Also, I reckon pastors should start screening ppl they put on fasts. Some ppl might be adversely affected by fasting. Here is a list:

Diabetics
Heavily pregnant
Breastfeeding moms

lol Jesus will say According to your faith, be it to you.
If you need healing for Diabetics and they ask you to fast, if you have the faith go ahead, if you don't, ignore it.
Your faith determines the consequence
Re: Can She Continue Fasting? by OmoAlata(f): 10:55am On Jan 02, 2013
^^^^

Some ppl might be adversely affected by fasting. Here is a list:

Diabetics
Heavily pregnant
Breastfeeding moms

It's all commonsense really. I wouldn't fast if pregnant or breastfeeding, but other women probably could.
Re: Can She Continue Fasting? by oluagness(m): 11:01am On Jan 02, 2013
@ obalola, simple prayer of forgivness ke? Does that mean she had committed a sin by mistakenly tasted her baby's food?
Re: Can She Continue Fasting? by advocate666: 11:14am On Jan 02, 2013
So this is the sort of things that worry the godly. SMH.
Re: Can She Continue Fasting? by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 02, 2013
Good morning sir,

Though it's great to fast but I am of the opinion that not everyone is expected to fast. The sick, the pregnant, nursing mothers, the elderly etc should be exempt from fasting. I am also of the opinion that anyone who make these group of persons fast is being very inconsiderate indeed.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Can She Continue Fasting? by AtheistD(m): 12:25pm On Jan 02, 2013
obalola7:

lol Jesus will say According to your faith, be it to you.
If you need healing for Diabetics and they ask you to fast, if you have the faith go ahead, if you don't, ignore it.
Your faith determines the consequence

Really? Diabetics should fast? That could be RISKY!!!
Re: Can She Continue Fasting? by AtheistD(m): 12:28pm On Jan 02, 2013
Omo Alata:

It's all commonsense really. I wouldn't fast if pregnant or breastfeeding, but other women probably could.

It is irresponsible for pastors to suggest someone fast who is not naturally suited to it (all the examples I listed). If the fasting leads to health complications then the pastor could and should be held responsible.

Also, add mentally unstable too. Fasting might adversely affect them too.

Pastors are not normal men or women. They are people with a position of responsibility and must be held accountable whenever they fail to do what is safe and right... if not by God then by man.
Re: Can She Continue Fasting? by Stritklymi(m): 1:12pm On Jan 02, 2013
oluagness: She prepared herself and ready to fast but mistakenly tasted her baby's food. Has she broken the fast?
Re: Can She Continue Fasting? by oluagness(m): 3:56pm On Jan 02, 2013
advocate666: So this is the sort of things that worry the godly. SMH.
God standard is different from man. You can not be 100% perfect. what some people take with levity/serious may lead them to hell/heaven. There is need for question for even small matter.
Re: Can She Continue Fasting? by obalola7: 4:16pm On Jan 02, 2013

Really? Diabetics should fast? That could be RISKY!!!

Yes you are right. Some have taken a risky road that could amount to death, but led them to life.
Faith matters
Re: Can She Continue Fasting? by AtheistD(m): 4:18pm On Jan 02, 2013
obalola7:

Yes you are right. Some have taken a risky road that could amount to death, but led them to life.
Faith matters

Anything that could lead to death is not worth the risk. What is this.... life or death gambling? I thought xtians werent supposed to gamble
Re: Can She Continue Fasting? by obalola7: 4:47pm On Jan 02, 2013

Anything that could lead to death is not worth the risk. What is this.... life or death gambling? I thought xtians werent supposed to gamble

For those who are yet to believe in God, they call it gamble. However, christians call it FAITH : Lets look at what Faith is: Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.(Hebrews 11:1)

One evening Jesus was walking on sea towards his disciples when they were in the boat at the middle of the storming sea and they thought he was a ghost. When Jesus move closer he told them not to be afraid that it was him. Then peter said if it was Jesus he should ask him to come walking on the sea and Jesus did. When he was walking on the sea, the storm began to ravage the more then peter was afraid, immediately he started sinking, but he shouted Lord save me. Immediately Jesus stretches out his hand and lift him up saying why did he doubt o ye of little faith. (Matthew 14:22-31)

Lets look at what Faith is: Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.(Hebrews 11) Don't you think the reason Abraham was called the father of faith was because he almost kill his son, using him for sacrifice to God. The kingdom of God is not bread and butter and it is for faith warriors not those that want to save their lives
Re: Can She Continue Fasting? by AtheistD(m): 7:17pm On Jan 02, 2013
But wouldnt this work against Gods instruction. By putting yourself in harms way to worship God you are challenging God to protect you. We all know how that normally ends up.
Re: Can She Continue Fasting? by Image123(m): 8:10pm On Jan 02, 2013
She has not broken the fast.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Christians Don't Like Jesus / Dr. Sign Fireman!!! Why Do People Misinterpret Him! / Are You A Christian Or Christian Convert, Mulsim Or Muslim Convert?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.