Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,698 members, 7,802,060 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Non-alcoholic Beer In The Market - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Non-alcoholic Beer In The Market (4350 Views)

Fayose Pictured Cutting Fish In The Market / Fayose Buying Soup Ingredients In The Market / Governor Fayose Carrying A Boy At The Market? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Non-alcoholic Beer In The Market by ballabriggs: 11:57am On Jan 02, 2013
Right guys, I know there are some people who avoid drinking beer based on their ethical, religious and a whole lot of obligations. However non-alcoholic beer brands are increasingly being made available in the market. For example, Becks and Bavaria have these brands for those that want to enjoy the fun of beer but their obligations would not permit the comsumption of alcoholic beer.

I thus ask would you go for a non-alcoholic beer brand? I need honest opinions based on economic, socio-cultural, legal and other relevant perspectives. I am even more interested in what Christian and Islamic scholars have to say about these non-alcoholic brands. Does it go counter to your religious obligations.

For family people who avoid drinking beer because of the kids in the house, do you think the non-alcoholic brands provide a good option? Do you think the non-alcoholic brands will have the same negative influence on your kids as the alcoholic brands that you avoid? Would you let your kids drink a non-alcoholic beer?

For a pregnant mother who loves beer but wants to do away with alcohol, will Doctors in the house recommend this?

For those interested in political issues, do you think government should place as much taxes on non-alcoholic beer as alcoholic beer considering the fact that it is produced by the same organisations? Do you think laws should be made to prevent young people below the age of 18 from consuming this?

For those who love alcoholic beer because of the feeling it gives, do you think buying non-alcoholic beer is a "waste of money" ?

Please I need your opinion on this.
Re: Non-alcoholic Beer In The Market by Afam4eva(m): 12:02pm On Jan 02, 2013
Aren't beers supposed to be synonymous with alcohol? It's like going to a church where Jesus is not been preached. What's the meaning of beer again?
Re: Non-alcoholic Beer In The Market by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 02, 2013
if a beer is non-alcoholic then it should b cald soft-drink or are u saying somethng like decafeinated coffee?
Re: Non-alcoholic Beer In The Market by ballabriggs: 3:23pm On Jan 02, 2013
cogitoErgo: if a beer is non-alcoholic then it should b cald soft-drink or are u saying somethng like decafeinated coffee?

Yes just like decaffeinated coffee, these brands are increasingly being made available in the market.

Re: Non-alcoholic Beer In The Market by phantom(m): 3:24pm On Jan 02, 2013
^^^^^exactly my thoughts! but i guess what this means is that the term 'beer' is NOT synonymous to an 'alcohol containg beverage'
Re: Non-alcoholic Beer In The Market by blustone(m): 9:12am On Mar 31, 2021
Do we have non-alcohic beer in Naija now?
I usu like the flavor of beer, but I dont like the alcohol impact that much, so I usu go for malta brands.

Pls share names of available brands.

(1) (Reply)

Ait Wants Tinubu To Withdraw Letter And Apologize On 4 Tv Stations / APC Wins Sambo's Polling Unit - Announcement By Presiding Officer Abdulfatah Ali / Meet The Founder Of Vanguard Newspaper,80-yr Old Chief Sam Amuka Pemu(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.