Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

My Country: A Molue In Permanent Reverse Mode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Country: A Molue In Permanent Reverse Mode (685 Views)

Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation / Molue Banned From Lagos Island / Lagos Brt Buses Are Gradually Turning Into Molue, With No Remedy In Sight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Country: A Molue In Permanent Reverse Mode by wakeupnigeria: 12:45pm On Jan 02, 2013
I’m often fascinated at the sight of those big mass transit buses used as popular modes of transportation in one of the southwestern port city of my country. This buses popularly known as Molue by virtually all citizens residing in the south western part of my country has somehow found its way into the legends and fables of my people. I remembered my first time of stepping into that bus. I was seven and it was my first day in school – primary one to be precise and it was also my first month in that city. I clearly remembered my mother loading I and my brother into the most biggest and scariest looking vehicle I’ve ever seen in my life with wide and wild angry/smiling faces both sitting and standing staring at me from its interior. For a boy like me that has been born in the most largest and traditional city of my country, that bus was so gigantic and imposing that I felt like I’m embarking on the first adventure of my life! Hardly will you be able to resist the temptation of stopping over at a gathering where Molue tales and legends are been told.

Molue, is a gigantic vehicle that needs an experienced and skilled veteran driver of many years; a driver that can easily become a devil and also an angel at the steering wheels as the situation demands. A driver that is ready to come down at the slightest opportunity of exchanging punchesj with any adversary or person that doesn’t seem to share his views of his fundamental right to be the king of the road. After many years of studying the style of politics, mode of governance and administration of my country.

After critically analysing my country’s cultures, beliefs, lifestyle and society, I have come to the simple realisation that the best way to describe my country; if asked by anyone, is that my country is a Molue. A Molue country like mine needs an experienced and rugged driver to take over its controls – a competent driver that fits my previous description above. My country people are so clueless and unconcerned about the state of events in the country. Less than two years ago when our dear Mr. President was delivering his inauguration speech – he made it clear to us that he is not experienced in the affairs of running a country. It should have struck us at that time that we are in for a stormy ride in our dear Molue with a man like our president taking over the wheels.

I keep finding myself wondering and asking if our dear Mr. President has ever taken time out to go through his inaguration speech after having read it out to us back in 2011. I clearly remembered my president saying: “Today, our unity is firm, and our purpose is strong. Our determination unshakable. Together, we will unite our nation and improve the living standards of all our people whether in the North or in the South; in the East or in the West. Our decade of development has begun. The march is on. The day of transformation begins today…” Alas! We are here today with nothing to hold on to based on our oga’s promises. Instead of giving solidarity to our unity, it is been blown to pieces bit by bit by my brothers in the North, been kidnapped away bit by bit by my brothers from the South and been encouraged to pieces bit by bit by my brothers both from the East and West. Instead of seeing it as our decade of development, it has become our decade of declining – the march of our Molue isn’t on, it is in complete reverse mode. Instead of it been the day of transformation that has begun…it has become the beginning of the days of trans-corruption. Our dear Molue of a country is now in a permanent reverse mode. Initially, we expected a stormy ride towards a meager form of development with the consolation that we shall have the opportunity of getting some fresh air while riding in our Molue with our new shoeless driver up front. But instead of advancing, we are slowly dwindling backwards. Our driver should have used the initiative of putting on his shoes before taking over the wheels of our Molue. It is evident that our driver has no knowledge of driving Molues because he is from the part of the country where Molues don’t exist, a place where canoes and ferries are the ideal mode of transportation. A place where you don’t require any special kind of shoes to control water crafts – unlike Molues where you need hard and hardened boots to control the pedals – but unfortunately, our president didn’t come onboard with shoes. He only came onboard with a pair of bare feet, a paddle, a rope and a net!

It is sickening enough to bear the fruits of our errors by pushing Mr. Fresh Air into office. Despite all the high and far reaching (empty) promises we were forced to gulp when he took the mantle of office. What I consider a big insult on our collective intelligence are his atrocious claims in his new years speech’s paragraph 9 where he said ”…we will remain absolutely committed to the rule of law, due process and fair play in all circumstances. Our democracy continues to grow, and the scope of human freedom continues to expand. It is an achievement that we will continue to build upon…”. Paragraph 10 ”I say it again, we are determined to continue to push forward. We will do more, not less. We will remain focused” If our dear president is indeed truly focused and actually pursuing just a fraction of his above claims, I believe we will have a better Nigeria. I am not talking about improving our electricity capacity to a meager 4500 Mega Watts after spending a colossal amount of Naira and which we all know that 4500 Mega Watts of electricity is not enough to power Ibadan alone talk less of Nigeria outcome of which even the Federal Capital Territory ended up celebrating New Year in darkness along with other states in the country while our confused Mr. Fresh Air was busy feeding us what we wanted to hear ”LIES!”. Thanks to the internet, I wouldn’t have been able to know what our president spoke about because of failure in getting power for my television set.

Our Messiah has finally succeeded in putting the Molue of our country into a permanent reverse mode and d vehicle keeps sliding down to the foot of the hill where we originally started from in 1960 and there is virtually nothing we can do about it or should I say we don’t want to do anything about it because the Nigerian skin is too soft and sophisticated to be roughly manhandled by riot police?

Our only hope ”IF” we fail to take action now is 2015. We are slowly inching towards 2015…with the hopes of making sure that Mr. Fresh Air does not land in Aso Rock again. If and when that time comes; we shall be waiting to promptly install our choice president that can remove the gears of our country’s Molue from permanent reverse and start pushing us forward once more.

Just before I forget, Mr. President, your new year day’s speech is complete fallacy, a ridiculous work of fiction and contrary to your baseless and empty promises…you know and I and all Nigerians know that you LIED! Grow up and Wake up sir, we are not kids. Stop insulting our collective intelligences if we are to endure two more years of your nonsenses and don’t forget to sack your speech writer. He gave you junk to pass on to us and which you did in all your marvelous and infinite wisdom.

Wake Up Nigeria. The time for revolution is now! Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

Thank you and let’s continue this conversation on twitter @wakeupnigeria1

Adeyemi Ayodeji. www.wakeupnigeria.com
Re: My Country: A Molue In Permanent Reverse Mode by amosay: 10:54pm On Jan 02, 2013
WOW!...who is this GUY!? I have been following your articles for a while and I must confess...you are speaking the mind of millions of Nigerians. We need to re examine ourselves in Nigeria and chose our future leaders wisely.

Kudos to the writer.
Re: My Country: A Molue In Permanent Reverse Mode by oremy: 11:02pm On Jan 02, 2013
I cant believe that our president will come out to sell lies to the entire Nigerians. We are done with us this bullshit lifestyles. Get me a GUN! angry
Re: My Country: A Molue In Permanent Reverse Mode by Nobody: 7:03am On Jan 03, 2013
Most Nigerians are now social media patriots n statesmen while doing evrything within their power to put their con3 in reverse gear.
How have u advanced d course of ds con3 in ur own little corner other than criticising d govt?
Re: My Country: A Molue In Permanent Reverse Mode by ochukoccna: 9:17am On Jan 03, 2013
Fairly long post
Yet makes sense&is so on point for NOW is the time to start strategizing to vote out Johnny go slow's FRESH AIR
Also, mostly the young spit revolution
The older ones seem resigned to fate

utumunta: Most Nigerians are now social media patriots n statesmen while doing evrything within their power to put their con3 in reverse gear.
How have u advanced d course of ds con3 in ur own little corner other than criticising d govt?

Has the government especially Calamity Jo taken the lead for Nigerians to follow?
There is no smoke without fire,if Johnny go slow wasn't so fixated on wolfing down cassava bread alongside his subsidy cabal buddies,maybe Nigerians would take him up on his words rather than the hot air he spews out
Re: My Country: A Molue In Permanent Reverse Mode by banki(m): 9:40am On Jan 03, 2013
utumunta: Most Nigerians are now social media patriots n statesmen while doing evrything within their power to put their con3 in reverse gear.

oh stop this nonsense, talk people are looting the nation dry and showing cluelessness in administration yet you want the other people to keep quiet and make their own contribution, in so many people little corners they have bought generators, they have dug boreholes, they have built houses they pay their children fees, some people even tar thier own roads.....

for example the government would paint a wall for 1000 pay media 50,000 to do publicity until we discover that in other climes it would cost you 2000 to paint that same wall with more superior paint, then some people would come out and tell me cant you see the government is working they have painted the wall that other governments never painted...then you discover that the wall was built by another government, another government put pillars around the wall, and the people that ignored the wall are the same party
Re: My Country: A Molue In Permanent Reverse Mode by yemisiay: 11:20pm On Jan 03, 2013

Guy na wah for you o. Atleast some people are still bold enough to come out and criticize the government's wrong doings. I don't think you are aware that the Egyptian Revolution started from social media. Let us all join hands to show the government that they are not treating us right and stop discouraging those who are trying their best to make a tiny change from their own litter corner by criticising the government.
Re: My Country: A Molue In Permanent Reverse Mode by sholama: 11:34pm On Jan 03, 2013
wakeupnigeria: After critically analysing my country’s cultures, beliefs, lifestyle and society, I have come to the simple realisation that the best way to describe my country; if asked by anyone, is that my country is a Molue. A Molue country like mine needs an experienced and rugged driver to take over its controls – a competent driver that fits my previous description above. My country people are so clueless and unconcerned about the state of events in the country. Less than two years ago when our dear Mr. President was delivering his inauguration speech – he made it clear to us that he is not experienced in the affairs of running a country. It should have struck us at that time that we are in for a stormy ride in our dear Molue with a man like our president taking over the wheels.

I think I agree with the columnist on this one. We should have known that Jonathan is bad news to Nigeria. Nigerians are just so damn blind to always see the truth and are best in ignoring the facts. During Jonathan's campaign, everything was just so damn sweet and smooth to be true! but we failed to pick up the fake indicators! and here we are now try to throw blames around.

In my view also, this man's presidential campaign must not see the light of day come 2015

(1) (Reply)

How To End Boko Haram Insurgency. / Doctors Killed In North-eastern Nigeria (again) / A Trip To Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.