Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,132 members, 7,807,436 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

101 Drug Firms Sanctioned In Edo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 101 Drug Firms Sanctioned In Edo (3981 Views)

Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign / AIT Should Be Sanctioned For The Provocative Documentary / Enugu Anglican Archbishop Calls For Fr.mbaka To Be Sanctioned By Catholic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

101 Drug Firms Sanctioned In Edo by BeraBera(f): 2:56pm On Jan 02, 2013
No fewer than 101 drug companies were sanctioned by National Agency for Food, Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) for various offences in Edo in 2012.

NAFDAC Benin Office Unit Head, David West, who disclosed this to newsmen in Benin, said that 719 companies were inspected in the state in 2012, while the agency concluded the re-certification of the 120 water packaging establishments in Edo during the period.

He said the sanctions imposed on erring companies ranged from the arrest of the offenders, seizures of products, imposition of administrative penalties, to outright closure of such establishments.

One of the major sanctions, according to West, was the arrest of six persons who were marketers of unregistered Power Horse energy drinks, leading to the seizures of over 20 cartons of the drink.

“We also arrested some owners of water packaging establishments, whose factories had poor manufacturing practices”, West said.

Source : http://m.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1550303&l=1b9f4464f2&id=259701504082765&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FJ47l8wmm&_rdr
Re: 101 Drug Firms Sanctioned In Edo by Abujafood: 4:34pm On Jan 02, 2013
Shame on all those that would rush and say first to comment, you lost out on this thread.

@Topic,

Pls Nafdac publicize the names of these drugs so ignorant people don't make the mistake of buying it at the local chemist!
Re: 101 Drug Firms Sanctioned In Edo by Muttex(m): 4:36pm On Jan 02, 2013
Gbam...All these from Edo? What about Nigeria together?
Re: 101 Drug Firms Sanctioned In Edo by Okijajuju1(m): 4:37pm On Jan 02, 2013
.So with all the money we gave NAFDAC in the budget of 2012, this was all they were able to do?!

Sieze energy drinks and pure water?!! angry

I'm so mad I wanna go to their office and.... [img]http://chzgifs.files./2011/07/interior-design-bruce.gif[/img]

2 Likes

Re: 101 Drug Firms Sanctioned In Edo by CrazyMan(m): 4:37pm On Jan 02, 2013
Does NAFDAC exist only in Edo State?

What about their branches in the remaining 35 states, what were they able to accomplish?
Re: 101 Drug Firms Sanctioned In Edo by phoneport(m): 4:38pm On Jan 02, 2013
Stupid country, arresting the poor who are just trying to survive.
Who registered them first?
Is this how the government want to provide job for the teeming unemployed?
Stupid country.
Re: 101 Drug Firms Sanctioned In Edo by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 02, 2013
Thumbs up NAFDAC,little wonder I drank non-alcoholic "Energy drink",last xmas,and I felt tipsy.
Re: 101 Drug Firms Sanctioned In Edo by ceejay80s(m): 4:54pm On Jan 02, 2013
When will i ever be 1st ? Guys, una hand dey glued to submit button?
Re: 101 Drug Firms Sanctioned In Edo by Acecube(m): 4:59pm On Jan 02, 2013
ceejay80s: When will i ever be 1st ?
first to what ?.... First to die ?
Re: 101 Drug Firms Sanctioned In Edo by ceejay80s(m): 5:02pm On Jan 02, 2013
Acecube: first to what ?.... First to die ?
i dioty
Re: 101 Drug Firms Sanctioned In Edo by alfredo4u(m): 5:06pm On Jan 02, 2013
Dey shld come to kano, we have drugs printin mechines. Dats y d gov is battlin wit dem today.
Re: 101 Drug Firms Sanctioned In Edo by majortele(m): 5:29pm On Jan 02, 2013
Yeah love dat, say no to Fake Drug
Re: 101 Drug Firms Sanctioned In Edo by slimchimex(m): 5:46pm On Jan 02, 2013
phoneport: Stupid country, arresting the poor who are just trying to survive.
Stupid country.
My prayer for u is dat u'll be a victim of fake drugs...
Re: 101 Drug Firms Sanctioned In Edo by oseiwe(m): 6:57pm On Jan 02, 2013
How can so many drug firms be in edo state? Abi no be dis state I dey? I hope no be marketers dem don turn to firms so
Re: 101 Drug Firms Sanctioned In Edo by Ihailedthee: 7:05pm On Jan 02, 2013
Crackdown on 'Pure water' sellers I guess.
Re: 101 Drug Firms Sanctioned In Edo by osazee12(m): 7:16pm On Jan 02, 2013
slimchimex: ...
My prayer for u is dat u'll be a victim of fake drugs...
Amen to that
Re: 101 Drug Firms Sanctioned In Edo by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 02, 2013
"Speechless"
Re: 101 Drug Firms Sanctioned In Edo by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 02, 2013
GST 101
Dalmatians 101
101 massob members arrested in enugu
why is the number 101 so significant?
Re: 101 Drug Firms Sanctioned In Edo by babanne(m): 9:01pm On Jan 02, 2013
Stupid country.
the first silly comnent i will read in d new year on nairaland.so because govt want to provide jobs they shd allow some to kill millions of nigerians from fake/poor products.very silly.
Re: 101 Drug Firms Sanctioned In Edo by fineworker(m): 9:24pm On Jan 02, 2013
Say no to hidden comments. nairaland moderators please there is freedom of speech. Let the voice of my people be heard.
Re: 101 Drug Firms Sanctioned In Edo by fineworker(m): 9:39pm On Jan 02, 2013
CrazyMan: Does NAFDAC exist only in Edo State?

What about their branches in the remaining 35 states, what were they able to accomplish?
Since DORA left NAFDAC, the agency became a shadow of itself, they are now following the footsteps of EFCC, ICPC, PHCN, NIGERIA POLICE, FRSC whose trade mark and watch word is failure and corruption.
Re: 101 Drug Firms Sanctioned In Edo by doofanc: 10:08pm On Jan 02, 2013
oseiwe: How can so many drug firms be in edo state? Abi no be dis state I dey? I hope no be marketers dem don turn to firms so

rubbish journalism. How many drug companies produce sure water? The writer was obviously mistaking pure water outlets for 'drug companies'
Re: 101 Drug Firms Sanctioned In Edo by akintun: 12:03am On Jan 03, 2013

Since DORA left NAFDAC, the agency became a shadow of itself, they are now following the footsteps of EFCC, ICPC, PHCN, NIGERIA POLICE, FRSC whose trade mark and watch word is failure and corruption.

Because d present DG has refused d envelop method (giving reporters large sum of money in order 4 them to publish good things about u) does not mean dat he his not working. Infact he his performing far better than Dora.
Re: 101 Drug Firms Sanctioned In Edo by Evilscientist(m): 6:26am On Jan 03, 2013
Stupid country.
nigerians always complaining fia una nu dy tire God 4 bid

(1) (Reply)

Imo State Announces Absolute Free Education To Non Indigenes In State University / Ben Bruce Visionless Political Ambition & STV Working Hard Against the APC / The Yorubas Are Traitors, And I Don't Care About The Loss Of Northern Blood - As

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.