Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,217 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

Have You Noticed That The Tribal/ethnic Posts On Nairaland Are Dissappearing? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have You Noticed That The Tribal/ethnic Posts On Nairaland Are Dissappearing? (721 Views)

Before The Tribal Bigots Begin With Thier Shenanigans / Stop The Tribal War / If The Tribal Game Continues - We Might Never Have An Ibo President. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Noticed That The Tribal/ethnic Posts On Nairaland Are Dissappearing? by ypzilanti: 4:10pm On Jan 02, 2013
Have you noticed that tribal/ethnic bashing on Nairaland has decreased significantly?

I first noticed on the news of the arrest of suspects in the Nkiru Sylvanus kidnapping. There were numerous hidden posts, and being a regular NLder i knew it must be that the ethnic bashing had begun again.

The usual bunch of fools that hover through crime stories to gleefully point fingers at the ethnicity of the offender were thankfully locked away in the dog house.

The trend has continued into the new year. I no longer see threads that are being derailed into tribal e-wars.

The worst was a story about Xmas decorations in Lagos state that became a slugfest of 'my village fine pass your own'. Igbos and Yorubas were abusing each other as if they are the only two tribes that exist in the country.

So I ask: Is it that posters have immediately started adjusting their behaviour to the new reality, or the offenders are still serving their ban? Either way, kudos to the moderators for the clamp down. We cannot continue to abuse our rulers, when we are no better than them. There are few human beings that are worse than the parochial ethnic bigots.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed That The Tribal/ethnic Posts On Nairaland Are Dissappearing? by Blazay(m): 9:37pm On Jan 02, 2013
Dem BABANLA don comot na!
With all eim 'harlots'! cheesy
The 'polymonikering' whor-es are missing in action!
Lerrus wait till the middle of the month to see if they are truly dead! cheesy
Re: Have You Noticed That The Tribal/ethnic Posts On Nairaland Are Dissappearing? by MajeOfficial: 9:42pm On Jan 02, 2013
LOL yea, we had a peace convention between Igbos and Yorubas on New Years Day grin
It has so far worked. Even when someone makes a tribalistic thread, people simply ignore him
plus a new moderator! The forum looks so much cleaner now, just in time too because I want to buy ad space soon for my website

1 Like

Re: Have You Noticed That The Tribal/ethnic Posts On Nairaland Are Dissappearing? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 02, 2013
This is good news! Ethnic bigotry must die in Jesus name! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Have You Noticed That The Tribal/ethnic Posts On Nairaland Are Dissappearing? by Obiagu1(m): 11:24pm On Jan 02, 2013
Now they know they can't create trouble with moderators turning blind eyes to their deeds only to turn around and ban those that are reacting to the attacks. cool
New year, new moderator and new changes.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed That The Tribal/ethnic Posts On Nairaland Are Dissappearing? by ochukoccna: 9:26am On Jan 03, 2013
berem: This is good news! Ethnic bigotry must die in Jesus name! cheesy
Hmmn!
Look who's talking too.

(1) (Reply)

Atiku’s Aides Expose Obasanjo’s corruption / Edo State ACN LG PRIMARIES / Three Korean Doctors Slaughtered In Pre- Dawn Attack In Yobe State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.