Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,757 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Married From The Same Or Different Tribe? How Is It Going? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married From The Same Or Different Tribe? How Is It Going? (1269 Views)

Pics: Parents Of Missing Chibok Girls Say It's Going To Be A Bad Xmas For Them / Should Couples Have Same Or Different Bedroom(s)? / Do You Sleep In The Same Or Different Bedroom With Your Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married From The Same Or Different Tribe? How Is It Going? by tiebe: 5:41pm On Jan 02, 2013
Most parents will tell you that you should marry from the same tribe. there's never really been any concrete reason (in my opinion). some say it makes the marriage easier, some say it makes integrating with the inlaws easier etc. So, I want to know, for those of you who married from a different tribe, do you now wish you married from your tribe? and for you married from someone from the same tribe, what can you say are the advantages?

thanks.
Re: Married From The Same Or Different Tribe? How Is It Going? by tzetzefly(m): 7:13pm On Feb 13, 2013
ti-ebe:
Most parents will tell you that you should marry from the same tribe. there's never really been any concrete reason (in my opinion). some say it makes the marriage easier, some say it makes integrating with the inlaws easier etc. So, I want to know, for those of you who married from a different tribe, do you now wish you married from your tribe? and for you married from someone from the same tribe, what can you say are the advantages?

thanks.

Dnt worry, it all depends on your social ability and the way you can go around those busy body inlaws....grin

1 Like

Re: Married From The Same Or Different Tribe? How Is It Going? by aadetoyin(f): 1:07am On Feb 16, 2013
The most difficult one is the language barrier. My brother is married to a Delta girl so whenever we re speakin yoruba she is always squeezing her face. There re times she will feel we re talkin about her which isnt so. I ve advised her to learn yoruba.
another thing is the difference in culture. Ur in laws might not want to agree that u re sincerely ignorant of certain things in their culture.
I would rather stick to my yoruba hubby. grin becos I dont ve to learn any new language and culture.
Re: Married From The Same Or Different Tribe? How Is It Going? by tiebe: 10:27am On Mar 20, 2013
aadetoyin: The most difficult one is the language barrier. My brother is married to a Delta girl so whenever we re speakin yoruba she is always squeezing her face. There re times she will feel we re talkin about her which isnt so. I ve advised her to learn yoruba.
another thing is the difference in culture. Ur in laws might not want to agree that u re sincerely ignorant of certain things in their culture.
I would rather stick to my yoruba hubby. grin becos I dont ve to learn any new language and culture.

by saying that you'd rather stick to your yoruba husband because u dnt wanna learn another lang, it means you too wont like it if u were married to a deltan or some other tribe and they were always speaking their language. so, pls show some consideration and reduce the yoruba speaking to a mininum around her. instead of forcing it down her throat. :d

2 Likes

Re: Married From The Same Or Different Tribe? How Is It Going? by aadetoyin(f): 10:33am On Mar 20, 2013
ti-ebe:

by saying that you'd rather stick to your yoruba husband because u dnt wanna learn another lang, it means you too wont like it if u were married to a deltan or some other tribe and they were always speaking their language. so, pls show some consideration and reduce the yoruba speaking to a mininum around her. instead of forcing it down her throat. :d

Did u even read the part where I said WHENEVER WE SPEAK YORUBA. That should show we don't speak it all the time. And nobody is forcing anything down her throat.
Re: Married From The Same Or Different Tribe? How Is It Going? by NNS83: 2:05pm On Mar 20, 2013
I for one think every marriage has its own challenges, so even if its a couple from the same tribe will not make it any easier. My husband is of a different tribe than me but I dont think that has made things any harder or easier. I just think that one should just listen to God concerning the partner you choose rather than parents. Only God will be there throughout your marriage.
Re: Married From The Same Or Different Tribe? How Is It Going? by tiebe: 11:59am On Mar 25, 2013
aadetoyin:

Did u even read the part where I said WHENEVER WE SPEAK YORUBA. That should show we don't speak it all the time. And nobody is forcing anything down her throat.

ok, i read it na. and it just seemed like it as a regular thin.

(1) (Reply)

Uche Jumbo Shuts Down Rumours, Shows Off Her Baby Bump! / Opinion: It Is Inhumane And Ungodly To Deprive Your Partner Of Sex In Marriage / 42 Exceptional Ways To 'kill' Your Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.