Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? (1140 Views)

If I Were You,i'd Be Too Ashamed To Mock Change: Oby Ezekwesili (photo) / Nigeria Is Finished! I Am Ashamed Of My Country - Pics / Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by licensed2k(m): 8:16pm On Jan 02, 2013
Lots of events in my life has made me to frequently questioned the motives of the Angels in the department of distribution/allocation on why they deemed it best that Nigeria was the place I should be sent. The cliche, "God gives his hardest battles to his best soldiers" has ceased to be comforting.

Have I lost all hope on this country? Yes I have with so much reasons wikipedia would be envious of.
First of all (pls dnt say "go down low"wink, I don't see the fortune of this country changing in the not so far distant future or ever.
Most of the youths with great mind and potentials who I'm sure could have contributed positively to this nation uprising are either roughing it out in malaysia or being used to help build Qatar and recently mere Ghana too has become a sort of green pasture for our teeming youths while majority of the youths left at home (Nigeria) like me are just waiting for the opportunity to bail out of the country or either patiently waiting for the time the national cake will reach their turn.

The image of this country has been portrayed in such a bad light the international community now consider us as devil's incarnation and this stigma follow us everywhere we go with frequent embarrassment of nigerians in various countries around the world. Some notable website such as paypal do not even entertain nigeria while in some online community you are done off once it becomes clear you are a Nigerian.
Gonna rest my case for the mean time
Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by Blazay(m): 8:17pm On Jan 02, 2013
Only when I am in Nigeria or amongst NIGERIANS! kiss
God bless the USA forever and ever! Aminnnnnnnnnnnn o! cool
Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by Nobody: 1:38am On Jan 03, 2013
Welcome to the club
Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by licensed2k(m): 11:12pm On Jan 05, 2013
Jst back readin som futbal stuffz, U can imagine on goal,.com, any stupid comment is automatically attributed to nigerians even when d identity of d poster is not revealed and my fellow countrymen are not helpin as they come out blowing grammatical errors and showcasin an astonishin level of mediocrity
Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 05, 2013
I might be disappointed in Nigeria at times but God forbid will I ever be ashamed of my country. God Forbid!!

Proudly Naija!!
Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by Vansnickers: 11:20pm On Jan 05, 2013
Shollypopz: I might be disappointed in Nigeria at times but God forbid will I ever be ashamed of my country. God Forbid!!

Proudly Naija!!
Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by licensed2k(m): 9:50am On Jan 06, 2013
Shollypopz: I might be disappointed in Nigeria at times but God forbid will I ever be ashamed of my country. God Forbid!!

Proudly Naija!!

U got d wrong impression ma'am. Lemme put it ds way; assumin when u were comin 2 ds world u had d opportunity to choose wc country to go, u wldnt hv chosen nigeria, wld u
Well if u still insist dat u ar proud of 9ja dat u wld hv gladly gone for it then dat definitely says somthin abt ur person.
Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 06, 2013
licensed2k:

U got d wrong impression ma'am. Lemme put it ds way; assumin when u were comin 2 ds world u had d opportunity to choose wc country to go, u wldnt hv chosen nigeria, wld u
Well if u still insist dat u ar proud of 9ja dat u wld hv gladly gone for it then dat definitely says somthin abt ur person.
Are u on drugs??!! Yes, I would be a Nigerian all over again and again and again and again.........

Before I go on, I hope u're Nigerian. undecided
Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by redsun(m): 9:55am On Jan 06, 2013
It makes sick to my stomach be a nigerians when some sick basta-rds points out chimps like obj as great nigerian leaders.

As far i am concern,there are no political leaders at the moment in nigeria.It is all man to himself and i am proud of my origin.
Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by OAM4J: 10:35am On Jan 06, 2013

(1)

Anthony Akin Akinbote Is Dead: Former Lagos NBA Chairman Died Today In Lagos / We Shall Punish Them With Our Voters Cards- Amaechi / Nigerian Woman Rescued From False ‘shaolin’ Maestro, Juan Carlos, Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.