Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

Which Computer Games Do You Play? - Gaming (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Which Computer Games Do You Play? (16879 Views)

Which Of These Car Racing Games Do You Love The Most? / Computer Games To Try Out Before The Year Runs Out / Do Computer Games Make Guys Dumb In Real Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Computer Games Do You Play? by brownbaby(f): 11:39am On Mar 21, 2007
Vcop 2

Demorash.
Re: Which Computer Games Do You Play? by osasp(m): 10:46am On Jun 05, 2007
gaming?!?, ok ok, yh erm ive played
-d ones i can remember o-
command and conquer(tiberian wars and generals)
hidden and dangerous(hmm, d good ol' days)
tombraider(mad ass ridles)
duke nukem(dead graphics but nice gore)
winning eleven(this has consumed a huge amount of my time on earth)
assassins creed(still under production , but i know ill b a fan)
age of empires
spiderman 123
smack down(shut up your mouth)
max payne 1 nd 2
brothers in arms(road to hill 30)-d game is too hard i think ill give up angry angry
last chaos(best online game ever) cool cool
god of war(don't really like it, d monsters r too huge)scares d hell out of me shocked shocked
nd loads of others
Re: Which Computer Games Do You Play? by Jwhizzy(m): 6:51pm On Jun 07, 2007
Nobody seems to b answering dis que but wher can 1 dwload full pc games n emulators on d net,not trial yersion.My id is jide_ogunyale@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Which Computer Games Do You Play? by dinozzo(m): 11:36pm On Jun 11, 2007
Play mostly Pro Evolution soccer. Grand tourismo and Need for speed once in a while.
Re: Which Computer Games Do You Play? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 19, 2007
am currently playing half life 2 (i'm in ravenholm-land of the zombies)

have played half life 1, opposing force
jedi knight 2,
doom,doom3,
halo,
return to castle wolfenstein,
tomb raider chronicles(didn't bother finishing it)
age of empires i and II,
Re: Which Computer Games Do You Play? by dakmanzero(m): 8:06pm On Jun 19, 2007
Enjoy Hl2! Just finished it yesterday and enjoyed every moment!

If u are in ravenholm, ure in for a few treats coming up shortly! lololol
Re: Which Computer Games Do You Play? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 25, 2007
i finished hl2 yesterday
awesome!
now where can i download(steal) episode 2? grin
Re: Which Computer Games Do You Play? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 25, 2007
Ravenholm-referred to by gamers as resident halflife cause of the fact that it has only zombies

i observed a few facts of my own

theres a scifi classic (by ray bradbury, i think) called 'i am legend'(i haven't read it).movie should soon be coming out(will smith, as usual) basic premise; there was only one man left in a world full of mutants.and he spent his time killing them(sort of like father grigori, eh?)

i always felt the flood crabs(halo) were a rip off of half life's head crabs.valve retaliated with the poison headcrab carrier(the dude hunched over, carrying 4 poison headcrabs(sort of like the flood in halo that explodes, releasing 4 flood crabs)

those steroid zombies(my name for them) look like a straight up rip off of the alien(alien, aliens,alien3)
Re: Which Computer Games Do You Play? by dakmanzero(m): 11:25am On Jun 26, 2007
Lol! How did u enjoy father grigori's awesome ending? Halflife 2 is the best game ever!

How did u enjoy the ending? The ending itself was stupid but the final conflict was out of this world! It is designed so ull finish it first try, but with heartbeat RACING! loved it!

As for stealing ideas

Halo and halflife BOTH stole the idea of headcrabs/zombies from the ALIEN movies.

You could also say Halo did some stealing from Starcraft, which by the way, stole secondhand from the whole Aliens vs Predator universe

flood = zerg = Aliens

headcrab->infected host->new adult lifecycle, pack mentality (gravemind in Halo, zerg mother in starcraft, alien mother)

covenant(elites) = protoss = predators

technologically advanced, invisibility technology, funny mandibles, weird samurai culture, uneasy allies to humans (at times)

humans are of course humans in all 3 worlds :-)

Halflife is less of an alien ripoff than those other games, but i wont be surprised if they become more alien-like later, maybe when we finally see the combine they will turn out to be predators! Maybe xen was overrun by headcrabs and they are running to earth for safety? who knows!

Also its interesting to note that METROID, once it became an FPS, also started ripping off the ALIEN movies, so soemone must have identified the alien movies as a success formula for scifi games!

in the new metroid storyline, there is a new organism called the X (similar to the flood) and Metroids are supposedly created by the ancient aliens (chozos- now updated to be very predator-like, but also liek the forerunners of halo. In the past they were just statues! (chozo= satue in japanese) to wipe out the X's before they overrun the galaxy, kinda like the ancient predators confining the ALiens to their homeworld. Samus is now part-X (like ripley becoming an alien host) and the space pirates are just another covenant, intent on using metroids to their own ends (like the covenant and their halos)

lololololol!

I spend too much time reading stories, lol!
Re: Which Computer Games Do You Play? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 26, 2007
it took me over 20 tries before i finally finished the ending.(enough "a predictable failure, dr freeman).eventually i reloaded a save game and started shooting the chamber the moment i came up the elevator. initially i'd just looked around, unsure of what to do and i didn't start shooting until breen was about to escape), saved after my first shot to the chamber(freeman, you don't know what you're doing!).

more on stealing ideas, i guess it all comes back to that story by spider robinson,'melancholy elephants'.short story, maybe 10 pages, (nebula/hugo award nominee(i think)the premise was simple, an elephant never forgets, and can therefore never be entertained, since there are no truly original ideas in entertainment.a fact that came out in the story was that the original creator of the alien were also sued for ripping it off someone else's idea.
Re: Which Computer Games Do You Play? by dakmanzero(m): 5:11pm On Jun 26, 2007
lol. do u read spider robinson? Did u read stardance? That story affected my taste in women, lololol!

I never heard 'a predictable failure', and thats not a boast. There were parts of halflife2 where I wanted to rip my hair out! Also I never finished hl1 because xen was too hard, Im not a halflife master by any metric. Yet I finished it first try! I guess the thing that stopped u was u were trying to analyse the situation. Its designed for someone thats panicking and wanting to finish everything NOWNOWNOW!!!! loloololol!!!! My heart was racing as I made those precarious jumps.

Somehow I knew I was supposed to race the elevator to the top. I didnt stop to think about what I'd do when I got there. Its the 'we will cross that bridge when it comes' mentality that makes HL2 so exciting and cinematic.

In what other game would u find yourself exposed to powerful machine guns with no cover, then start running INTO THE OPEN like a madman only to have a stray laser shot from above Open the ground infront of u, creating impromptu shelter from the enemy's bullets? Reminds me of clive owen's running for safety scene in children of men.
Re: Which Computer Games Do You Play? by gbadex1(m): 8:33pm On Jun 26, 2007
Not much of a PC gamer. . .but games i've played on my cuzzo's PC -

Half-life1 (personally believe this is the best PC game ever)
max payne
Doom3
once played the PC version of Halo on a friend's. . .mos def not like the one on x-box.
UT (otigba's cds got me in a fix right nw)
Pro Evo 5 (used ta bang this shit errday on my PC. . .will prolly re-install it soonest)
FIFA '06. . .
Re: Which Computer Games Do You Play? by dakmanzero(m): 9:42am On Jun 27, 2007
Yes, you are right. Halo PC is very, very different from halo xbox if only because of the controls.

However the graphics and framerate are  much better on an appropriate PC. I prefer the xbox version,because halo was built for a gamepad.
Re: Which Computer Games Do You Play? by ow11(m): 12:23pm On Jul 08, 2007
I'm still on GTA liberty city.I prefer it to mafia and godfather
Re: Which Computer Games Do You Play? by shens2006(m): 3:28pm On Jul 28, 2007
NFS Most wanted
Re: Which Computer Games Do You Play? by Aseye(m): 1:20pm On Jul 31, 2007
guys, i think have got somehing dat will interest u if u dont have it yet. have u heard of Bluetooth messenger and bluetooth hacker, need more information, contact me. its real, have tried it, its on my phone and its working good. holla @all.
Re: Which Computer Games Do You Play? by bigspif(m): 5:00pm On Aug 02, 2007
Guys,
Nobody mentioned these games on PS2
-Black (one of the best PS2 shooter games)
-Red Dead Revolver
-From Russia With Love
-God of War
Re: Which Computer Games Do You Play? by justbones(m): 5:51pm On Apr 09, 2008
mainly RTS games
Re: Which Computer Games Do You Play? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 14, 2008
v cop, football manager 2006,
mid-town madness, need for speed, test drive
pool, solitaire, minesweeper,
and more others from diffrent game cites,

so much addicted to gaming
Re: Which Computer Games Do You Play? by Glidia: 8:52am On Apr 04, 2011
come here ,
Re: Which Computer Games Do You Play? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:23pm On Apr 07, 2011
GOD OF WAR III , Massive Kills,Massiev Genocidal Enjoyment, Man I wish i had those gutting blades grin
Re: Which Computer Games Do You Play? by Glidia: 8:08am On Apr 12, 2011
good game sharing ,
Re: Which Computer Games Do You Play? by Bawss1(m): 4:20pm On Apr 12, 2011
Just started playing Batman Arkham Asylum on the PS3. Not exactly a recent game but its a very good game.
Re: Which Computer Games Do You Play? by segunfms(m): 10:14am On Apr 15, 2011
1, FIFA 2011
2, PES 2011
3, Call of Duty: Black Ops
Re: Which Computer Games Do You Play? by Nobody: 6:54am On Apr 18, 2011
Agatha Christie games grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Which Computer Games Do You Play? by Thanuja: 6:01am On May 30, 2011
i will used to play,
Re: Which Computer Games Do You Play? by Nobody: 8:28am On Jun 02, 2011
Microsoft Flight Stimulator x , you never get tired of it, cos you have over 25,000 destination to fly to
Re: Which Computer Games Do You Play? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 06, 2011
odiaero:

Microsoft Flight Stimulator x , you never get tired of it, cos you have over 25,000 destination to fly to

I simply agree with you, have you tried "Combat Flight Simulator" also? Give it a trial, and you will leave the flight simulator completely.

Hidden and Dangerous, Deluxe, Sabre, still remains my best every shooter's game.
Re: Which Computer Games Do You Play? by beeyee18: 4:05pm On Oct 15, 2011
i have a new IPAD 2 white 64gig wifi only(has 3G cdma but not sure it will work in naija,starcomms said they can do it sha), 90k call me 08080187158 or email beeyee18@gmail.com
Re: Which Computer Games Do You Play? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 25, 2012
CSI, All of the Agatha Christie Games, GTA 4, Sherlock Holmes, Sims; etc. etc.

I don't really play games on my computer but those a pretty much the ones that I have.
Re: Which Computer Games Do You Play? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 25, 2012
MzDarkSkin: Agatha Christie games grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

^^^^^

Thanuja: i will used to play,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PS4 Price In Nigeria Is N60,000? / Ps4 Fat,slim,pro and installation service / Who Is Your Secret Video Games Crush?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.