Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

For All Nigerian Youth! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / For All Nigerian Youth! (683 Views)

Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew / Self-Employment Empowerment Business Seminal For all Nigerian Youths & Adults / My Personal Development Survey for #Nigerian #Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

For All Nigerian Youth! by mayrie1(f): 12:07pm On Jan 03, 2013
Good news! The fact that Nigeria as a country is less developed or a developing country does not mean that we can never be developed. One thing we should observe about humans is that as humans "we have a habit of enjoying success, but this enjoyment tends to make us stop and then we forget to move on" you can use super eagles as an example. Developed country defined things as finished, same goes for developed people. So they have no plans on moving ahead.

An Indian guy once said " we Indians dont want your boring jobs, like sewing footballs or assembling cell phones. We want your "fun jobs", your research jobs, your analytical jobs, your design assignments and your development departments. Thanks to the internet, we can look at what you're doing and compare it to what we're doing, and we've suddenly realized that there isn't such a great difference between you and us after all"

Have such thought ever cross your mind? I guess not. We have enslaved our potentials. We let the downfall of our old generation bring us down, you have given up hopes because you are coward.

"To take full advantage of what is goin on in the world today, we will have to be a lot better at noticing changes, understand their implications and implementing them more quickly"

A reply given by a young citizen in one of the developing countries when asked how long it will take his nation to be developed "We youth are not interested in what our elders are doing to the nation. I can really see the changes within ourselves and this means we are getting our act together. It's forcing us to become faster, better, more competitive and more creative too. Our brains are working overtime."

Can any Nigeran youth boast on that reply? Especially the part involving their brains working overtime? Its high time for us to ignore the old generation and invest on our potentials instead. Lets seize this oppurtunity to build a creative atmosphere within ourselves.

South korea are what they are today because they focus more on entrepreneurship rather than sitting at home waiting for government fund. Lets not repeat the same inabitious attitude our old generation has. Total lack of focus and then blaming the government. If you do likewise, then I fear we are not better than them.

Let us be creative thinkers, open your mind to learn new ideas no matter how talented you are and learn to depend on YOURSELF! Also be an entrepreneur i.e job creators and not job seekers... Also learn to take the faults if you fail. Blame your failures on yourself. To make it easy, stand in front on a mirror and point to who ever you see in the mirror "that's why I failed". Then move on. Learn from your mistakes. Remember a mistake made is always a lesson learnt. And try not to repeat such mistakes. GOOD LUCK

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Ican Private Lecture In Lagos. / The Aftermath From Winning Youwin!! / MIS Officer, Oando Plc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.