Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:14 PM

500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra (9008 Views)

The Planned Relocation Of Boko Haram Convicts To Anambra Prisons- Obiano Speaks / Traders Protest Boko Haram Prisoners’ Transfer To Anambra / 50 Heavily Armed Soldiers Deployed To Nyesom Wike‘s Residence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra by expertman(m): 1:21pm On Jan 03, 2013
The Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Mohammed Abubakar, yesterday announced the deployment of about 500 additional police officers to Anambra State.

Announcing the development at the Governor’s Lodge, Awka, the IGP said the gesture was to boost security in Anambra State and complement the state government’s efforts in crime control.

Abubakar was in Anambra on a one-day working visit during which he received 50 brand new pick-up security vans and three armoured pick-up vehicles that were donated to the police by the state government.

He said apart from the additional officers that were deployed to the state, he said new divisions and commands will be created in the state to boost security.

The inspector-general thanked the state governor, Mr. Peter Obi, for all the supports the police have been receiving from the state government.

“I wish to publicly commend the governor on the improved security situation this year, we promise to do more to secure the lives and property of the people,” Abubakar said.

Speaking as he gave out the specially equipped vehicles to the state police command, Governor Obi, who said that the priority of his government will continue to include security of lives and property, called on Nigerians to support the Nigeria Police with relevant materials and logistics.

Explaining his continuous support to the police, Obi said; “As I earlier mentioned in my New Year broadcast, security of lives and property remains our number one priority in 2013, we believe that we cannot deliver on our promises in an atmosphere of insecurity, we therefore pledge our continued support to the security agencies.

“In the light of the above, we are here today to deliver three armoured pick-up vehicles and 50 patrol vehicles fitted with communication gadgets, May I at this juncture reassure the Inspector General of Police and the entire police command that Anambra State will continue to work with them for the security of the state and the country at large.”

Obi also urged the inspector-general of police to create more divisions and area commands in Onitsha, Umunze, Ekwulobia and Obosi, among other eligible towns.

Elucidating on what he intends to do for the year, Obi said; “Apart from providing these much needed equipment to security agencies, we shall also intensify efforts at expanding the industrial base of the state believing, as we do, that with employment, criminality will reduce drastically.”

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/igp-deploys-500-additional-policemen-to-anambra/

1 Like

Re: 500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 03, 2013
Another 1st to comment. thank Good ness
Re: 500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra by AWO4LIFE(m): 2:27pm On Jan 03, 2013
That ȋ̝̊̅§ A̶̲̥̅ welccome development but I hope they wouldnot start t̶̲̥̅̊ό̲̣̣̣̥ collect 20naira and neglect their work.........​⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥·̵̭̌✽̤̥̈̊AWOTHYDGREAT·̵̭̌»̶̥-̶̯͡┈̥⌣ o

1 Like

Re: 500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra by Greatken007(m): 2:29pm On Jan 03, 2013
Why u know go be 1st wen u ar a staff in Nairaland
Re: 500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra by iamswizz(m): 2:31pm On Jan 03, 2013
Re: 500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra by TotoLicker: 2:33pm On Jan 03, 2013
A welcome developement.
Re: 500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra by ohiza1: 2:33pm On Jan 03, 2013
Choi 2nd oo,...Gud 1
Re: 500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:36pm On Jan 03, 2013
Very soon my dear Omanbala will become the most crime free zone in Nigeria...Am very happy with this development. Okwute jisie ike....Afia ga agholili ndi uta!
Re: 500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra by DANILSA(m): 2:36pm On Jan 03, 2013
iamswizz: .
OI'BOY U DE MAD NI? WHY ARE U GOING FROM THREAD TO THREAD STEALING 4TH POSITION FROM HARDWORKING NAIRALANDERS.
BACK TO TOPIC< WHY IS OBI SMILING PROFUSELY.
Re: 500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra by yomieluv2(m): 2:39pm On Jan 03, 2013
Is the place a war zone ni,why so many security agents?
Re: 500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 03, 2013
This just ain't my day. Can you imagine, 10th to comment. What the frankenstein? My enemies are at it again o!
Re: 500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 03, 2013
State Police is the panacea for insecurity. The Governors should have all the powers to sack and replace Police commissioners and deploy forces with approval from state legislaturesz, this present system is much more like Pakistani system.
Re: 500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 03, 2013
yomieluv2: Is the place a war zone ni,why so many security agents?

that place is worst than a war zone only they are not fighting with guns grenade.arm robbery kidnapping z d oda of d day.i tink d gov shd ve offered 1 drone along with.gov is working very well.
Re: 500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 03, 2013
that place is worst than a war zone only they are not fighting with guns grenade.arm robbery kidnapping z d oda of d day.i tink d gov shd ve offered 1 drone along with.gov is working very well.
Re: 500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 03, 2013
Re: 500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 03, 2013
Nigeria police as a force is a major problem in the country. I wish the government do something about the officers now before it is too late. Fix them up,please!
Re: 500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra by jigawatts(m): 3:11pm On Jan 03, 2013
HAHAHA...... I tot I was first o
Re: 500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra by bcomputer101: 3:23pm On Jan 03, 2013
AWO4LIFE: That ȋ̝̊̅§ A̶̲̥̅ welccome development but I hope they wouldnot start t̶̲̥̅̊ό̲̣̣̣̥ collect 20naira and neglect their work.........​⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥·̵̭̌✽̤̥̈̊AWOTHYDGREAT·̵̭̌»̶̥-̶̯͡┈̥⌣ o
Congratulation!!!
U don buy Blackberry?
Pls try and make good use of the manual inside the pack.
Ode...

1 Like

Re: 500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra by bcomputer101: 3:24pm On Jan 03, 2013
AWO4LIFE: That ȋ̝̊̅§ A̶̲̥̅ welccome development but I hope they wouldnot start t̶̲̥̅̊ό̲̣̣̣̥ collect 20naira and neglect their work.........​⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥·̵̭̌✽̤̥̈̊AWOTHYDGREAT·̵̭̌»̶̥-̶̯͡┈̥⌣ o
Congratulation!!!
U don buy Blackberry?
Pls try and make good use of the manual inside the pack.
Ode...
Re: 500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra by Hardfact: 3:42pm On Jan 03, 2013
Good gesture by governor Obi, nice response by Police IG. The state of the state's security is long due for a state of emergency.
Re: 500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra by Akiika: 3:58pm On Jan 03, 2013
Kayusfity: Another 1st to comment. thank Good ness
shocked

1 Like

Re: 500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra by Smartjeezy(m): 4:36pm On Jan 03, 2013
Good for them!
Registered armed robbers & kidnappers deploy to anambra state to watch over local armed robbers & kidnappers.smh
Anambra people all u need is bakassi boy or vigilante to curb crime.
Re: 500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra by extension: 4:44pm On Jan 03, 2013
@yomieluv2
I asked same question. Is Anambra a war zone? Pls tell both state and FG to create jobs,thats all.If we have steady power,welder,electrician,tire repairer,carpenter,plumber,mechanic etc will make atleast 4 to 5000 naira a day. He or she will be tired to go robbery after work.

2 Likes

Re: 500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra by redsun(m): 5:17pm On Jan 03, 2013
Smart jeezy: Good for them!
Registered armed robbers & kidnappers deploy to anambra state to watch over local armed robbers & kidnappers.smh
Anambra people all u need is bakassi boy or vigilante to curb crime.

Thank you,i dont need to talk.

However, i cant help but adding that Police only protect criminals like the politicians in nigeria.
Re: 500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra by Ihailedthee: 5:42pm On Jan 03, 2013
A-N-A-M-B-R-A!!!
Re: 500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra by talktrue1(m): 6:16pm On Jan 03, 2013
Moderator should start to hide all these 1st to comment.
While scrolling down to read individual contributions, all you will be seeing is 1st to comment. Its distracting
Re: 500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra by chymystique(f): 6:21pm On Jan 03, 2013
Bleep PETER OBI!...... God will Surely Reward Him For How he has dcd to kip Onitsha dirty! undecided undecided angry
Re: 500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra by redsun(m): 6:22pm On Jan 03, 2013
talk true: Moderator should start to hide all these 1st to comment.
While scrolling down to read individual contributions, all you will be seeing is 1st to comment. Its distracting

You tend to forget that even in the remotest of the settlements in nigeria,people have coonected laptops in palm wine joints and it actually cost nothing to register on nairaland.
Re: 500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra by Omen100(m): 6:33pm On Jan 03, 2013
shocked hmm, what else can I say about the deployment of additional 500policemen after the previous deployment 500 soldiers for joint patrol team.
Re: 500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra by GeneralJ(m): 10:31pm On Jan 03, 2013
does anyone else notice that whenever they buy police vehicles, some dumb nigga has to say it is included with communication gagdets.
Don't they know that police vehicles have to be included with communication gadgets if not they will not serve thier purpose as police vehicles.
And mentioning that their are communication gagdets in police cars is just ignorant.
Re: 500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jan 03, 2013
WASTE NIGERIA IS A USELESS SHITHOLE geological expression
Re: 500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra by lukade: 1:05am On Jan 04, 2013
STORY.... AS IF ITS BY THEIR NUMBERS.LAST TIME I SAW A POLICEMAN WITH 'WORLD WAR ONE GUN' IN ONE THE WESTERN STATES.DONT,EQUIP THEM AND EXPECT THEM TO PERFORM MIRACLES.AS IF THEY DONT HAVE THEIR OWN FAMILY TO CONSIDER FIRST.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chek Out The Lies Spread By An Iranian Tv Station About The Shia Attack - Video / Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) / Inuwa Yahaya Suspends Selection Process Of New Mai Tangle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.