Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,770 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? (6110 Views)

Suspected Romancelander Who Might Be Dating Out Side Nairaland / How Does It Feel To Be Rejected / Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? by nollywood20: 3:15pm On Jan 03, 2013
I am not the only one who has noted this fact of life about the current generation of Nigerian girls and women, including those who claim to be graduates of local tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
The glaring difference between the local ones here in Nigeria no matter the size of their BB or va-gina and fake egos and the ones in developed countries like the US and the UK is the majority of babes in Nigeria can be annoyingly intellectually re-tarded compared to the majority of the guys. But in order not to embarrass them, the guys pretend not to notice that these girls are really daft even though they pretend to be smart (and only in their "runs"wink.
As Harper Lee the author of the all time classic novel To Kill a Mockingbird, said, the present generation live in abundant society where people have laptops, cell phones, etc, but with minds like empty rooms.
Majority of them are really promiscuous and vacuous.
The best thing they can offer is S*E*X. So, they prefer you just give them what they want at their own bargains. Money for hand, back for bed.
That is why you see 99% of them crowding the Romance and Sexuality Sections, because they are not capable of engaging in intelligent cerebral discussions in the Politics, Technology, Education sections.
[size=18pt]You now know why the Nigerian guys would rather watch European soccer matches and play games to sitting down to listen to the re-tarded conversations of Nigerian girls gossiping and pinging?[/size]

While majority of Nigerian guys go to the university to get good education for academic and professional careers, the majority of Nigerian girls do so to improve their competitive advantage for their "runs" and hooking rich guys in marriage. And after the weddings, you see them looking and behaving like uneducated people without class and without taste. Even the gardener and driver can chance them.
That is why you can only find few of them in the boardroom, because majority of them have their best assets in the bedroom.

Dating and marrying intellectually re-tarded girls and women affect the development of the family, community and society. Majority of them cannot help their kids with schoolwork/homework.
Imagine asking a Nigerian housewife to read any of the Harry Potter series to kids in Middle Grade (9-12 year olds)?
She would pass out even before page 120. Therefore, how can such a wife raise up brilliant kids when she cannot teach them more than she knows?
But she can teach them how to dance Azonto, Kukere and Alingo perfectly! grin
Now you know why they are recording mass failures in Nigerian schools?
That is why majority of Nigerian couples are poor and makes Nigeria a poor country even though we have awesome mineral resources, but not enough brains to turn Nigeria around.

Majority of single Nigerian girls and women are more desperate for their dream guys than dream jobs.
[size=18pt]While the Nigerian guys are busy hunting for dream jobs, the girls are busy hunting for the guys hunting for the dream jobs. That is why you see ex-girlfriends desperately making U-Turns to return to their ex-boyfriends who have made it big. They don't even mind to play mistress or "second wife" if the guys are married.[/size]

So, guys how does it feel or how do you cope with dating intellectually re-tarded Nigerian girls on and off campus and those in the office?

2 Likes

Re: How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? by chikeorji123(m): 3:35pm On Jan 03, 2013
Truthfully l'm speechless.. wheather to see ur points or your insult toward our ladies.lf u have issues with ur woman settle it as a man not Tagging Nigeria Ladies as 'interlectually re-tarded''..
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? by nollywood20: 4:18pm On Jan 03, 2013
chikeorji123: Truthfully l'm speechless.. wheather to see ur points or your insult toward our ladies.lf u have issues with ur woman settle it as a man not Tagging Nigeria Ladies as 'interlectually re-tarded''..

My wife and I are perhaps the best tag team in Nollywood and I thank God for such a blessing.
She has a successful legal career.

This is not about me, but about the MAJORITY of intellectually retarded local girls in Nigeria who prefer hawking themselves as s*e*x objects than excelling in academic and professional careers.
They are giving the Nigerian Woman a bad reputation.

1 Like

Re: How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? by vivianc(f): 4:20pm On Jan 03, 2013
Smh
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? by chikeorji123(m): 5:14pm On Jan 03, 2013
nollywood20:

My wife and I are perhaps the best tag team in Nollywood and I thank God for such a blessing.

This is not about me, but about the MAJORITY of intellectually retarded local girls in Nigeria who prefer hawking themselves as s*e*x objects than excelling in academic and professional careers.

You have a point! if that's the angle your going,it's just when you use the word 'NIGERIA GIRLS' rather sex hawkers b/c indirectly you are involving ur loving-wife,sisters,femal relations etc..But wait oo! do u know this caliber of street girls will not been in such bad-reputation bizness if our bad reputation guys,men both married are not patronising them?.Just try and do visiblelity studies u will be amazed.. So u see? when u point one finger at them the rest of the fingers will be pointing at us..

1 Like

Re: How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? by larrymoore(m): 5:39pm On Jan 03, 2013
Quiet unfortunate, l haven't been wit one in my life, so cn outrightly support ur proposition. Some ar intellectually brilliant, give their male counterpart tough academic challenges in class, and compete wel in aptitude evaluation.

1 Like

Re: How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 03, 2013
Being retarded is never a Nigerian thing or restricted to Naija ladies alone. I have met retarded ladies from Hongkong, from USA and from UK. Btw, the most brilliant students where I lecture are females though, just two of them sha. The fact that majority of Naija ladies are retarded does not mean all are intellectually retarded.
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 03, 2013
I wrote retarrded not slow. Stop editing my post moderator.
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 03, 2013
nollywood20: My wife and I are perhaps the best tag team in Nollywood and I thank God for such a blessing.

[size=13pt]All this coming from a married man born from a woman?

In every society, there are dullards and scholars. For fear of sounding like GEJ, yes, we do have a problem, but I don't think it's fair to generalize at all. I know fully well that you haven't met enough young women to be calling a majority of them retarded. Even if you have, what have you done about it?

With a few exceptions, my female cousins are all graduates, looking for post-graduate programs, one in Industrial Physics. No one's giving my cousins or myself a bad reputation. You've chosen to stereotype. I know my self-worth and any Nigerian woman with a good shoulder on her head should know hers too.

People like you and lovers of bad news would rather focus on blackberry babes and sex objects, because they're more controversial than a young woman who spends most of her time studying or working.[/size]

1 Like

Re: How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? by cyril83(m): 5:19am On Jan 04, 2013
Nlanders I know too well can never showd up for a thread like this, that is why you have nobody viewing your topic, besides NL is very far from educative and informative forum,dating site we call it, so if you want to attract NLanders with a topic , you just post something abt tonto dikeh or romance
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? by Mynd44: 6:33am On Jan 04, 2013
@OP

You are what you attract. If all the women you come in contact with are interllectually backward, then maybe it is cos you are
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? by Lizzylois(f): 8:59am On Jan 04, 2013
Arrant Nonsense..
nollywood20: I am not the only one who has noted this fact of life about the current generation of Nigerian girls and women, including those who claim to be graduates of local tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
The glaring difference between the local ones here in Nigeria no matter the size of their BB or va-gina and fake egos and the ones in developed countries like the US and the UK is the majority of babes in Nigeria can be annoyingly intellectually re-tarded compared to the majority of the guys. But in order not to embarrass them, the guys pretend not to notice that these girls are really daft even though they pretend to be smart (and only in their "runs"wink.
As Harper Lee the author of the all time classic novel To Kill a Mockingbird, said, the present generation live in abundant society where people have laptops, cell phones, etc, but with minds like empty rooms.
Majority of them are really promiscuous and vacuous.
The best thing they can offer is S*E*X. So, they prefer you just give them what they want at their own bargains. Money for hand, back for bed.
That is why you see 99% of them crowding the Romance and Sexuality Sections, because they are not capable of engaging in intelligent cerebral discussions in the Politics, Technology, Education sections.
[size=18pt]You now know why the Nigerian guys would rather watch European soccer matches and play games to sitting down to listen to the re-tarded conversations of Nigerian girls gossiping and pinging?[/size]

While majority of Nigerian guys go to the university to get good education for academic and professional careers, the majority of Nigerian girls do so to improve their competitive advantage for their "runs" and hooking rich guys in marriage. And after the weddings, you see them looking and behaving like uneducated people without class and without taste. Even the gardener and driver can chance them.
That is why you can only find few of them in the boardroom, because majority of them have their best assets in the bedroom.

Dating and marrying intellectually re-tarded girls and women affect the development of the family, community and society. Majority of them cannot help their kids with schoolwork/homework.
Imagine asking a Nigerian housewife to read any of the Harry Potter series to kids in Middle Grade (9-12 year olds)?
She would pass out even before page 120. Therefore, how can such a wife raise up brilliant kids when she cannot teach them more than she knows?
But she can teach them how to dance Azonto, Kukere and Alingo perfectly! grin
Now you know why they are recording mass failures in Nigerian schools?
That is why majority of Nigerian couples are poor and makes Nigeria a poor country even though we have awesome mineral resources, but not enough brains to turn Nigeria around.

Majority of single Nigerian girls and women are more desperate for their dream guys than dream jobs.
[size=18pt]While the Nigerian guys are busy hunting for dream jobs, the girls are busy hunting for the guys hunting for the dream jobs. That is why you see ex-girlfriends desperately making U-Turns to return to their ex-boyfriends who have made it big. They don't even mind to play mistress or "second wife" if the guys are married.[/size]

So, guys how does it feel or how do you cope with dating intellectually re-tarded Nigerian girls on and off campus and those in the office?

Re: How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? by dmcdad: 11:01am On Jan 04, 2013
larrymoore: Quiet unfortunate, l haven't been wit one in my life, so cn outrightly support ur proposition. Some ar intellectually brilliant, give their male counterpart tough academic challenges in class, and compete wel in aptitude evaluation.

Some you say... Most are not, and that is the gospel truth whether anyone accepts it or not. I can state affirmatively that, you can only find 10 in 100 girls that can stand intellectual challenges. You would agree with me also that, you can find at least 30 in 100 guys that would stand such challenges. Why is that so? In actual sense, women as you know have lighter brains which enables them to assimilate things faster than men do, and that is why if you see a girl that knows what she is doing, she would beat most of her male counterparts when it comes to showing off intellectually. But the problem is, most girls (and not just Nigerian girls) tend to use that light brain of theirs to worry about boys. The major problem that hampers girls' growth as to intellectual matters are boys. The moment a girl relegates issues concerning a boy to the background, she blossoms intellectually...

Girls need to learn how to prioritize things, and until then, they will wallow as intellectual dummies. A guy can be dating 5 girls and still flourish intellectually. Why? Because those girls are not his priorities. But a girl (not all though) on the other hand can be dating just a guy, and be intellectually miserable. Why? Cause she can't combine dating and studies and most often give up their studies for dating... Lame!
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? by dmcdad: 11:13am On Jan 04, 2013
tpacalipse: Being retarded is never a Nigerian thing or restricted to Naija ladies alone. I have met retarded ladies from Hongkong, from USA and from UK. Btw, the most brilliant students where I lecture are females though, just two of them sha. The fact that majority of Naija ladies are retarded does not mean all are intellectually retarded.

I think the point is not to bash Nigerian girls or to say all of them are r*etarded kinda, I think what he's trying to say is that, most are intellectual dummies because they do not prioritize things in their lives. And this is not restricted to Nigerian girls alone, it's common all over the world. Like I stated in my earlier post, the few ones that tend to make good use of their head (maximize the full potentials of their head) are always on top of the guyz. It's reality!

You'd agree with me that a lot of girls today know nothing than dating... It's not because they were born not to be intellectually sound or something, but because they give preference to less important things like boys, social medias etcetera. Don't get me wrong, the guys are guilty of these too, but I think you can find more with girls...

In all, I like when girls are intellectually sound and alert. It gives them an added advantage over guys in some cases...
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? by dmcdad: 11:17am On Jan 04, 2013
chikeorji123:
You have a point! if that's the angle your going,it's just when you use the word 'NIGERIA GIRLS' rather sex hawkers b/c indirectly you are involving ur loving-wife,sisters,femal relations etc..But wait oo! do u know this caliber of street girls will not been in such bad-reputation bizness if our bad reputation guys,men both married are not patronising them?.Just try and do visiblelity studies u will be amazed.. So u see? when u point one finger at them the rest of the fingers will be pointing at us..

You are getting this wrong. I don't think the major aim of the Op is to castigate all women or to talk about how sexually frustrated they are..

Now tell me, the so-called men you talked about, are they as dumb as the girls they patronise? That is the essence of this thread I think. We are talking about how intellectually dumb a lot of them are and not on the sexual aspect... I hope you catch my drift...
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? by dmcdad: 11:30am On Jan 04, 2013
I try to view the positivity in this topic and not the bashing part of it that a host of people would see. Both sexes are guilty of the above, but the girls fall for this more because of one thing... PRIORITY!!! If a lot (and never all) can learn to prioritize things or combine things appropriately, then I think it would really help in the reduction.

Bottom line is, if a girl learns to prioritize things and make good use of her head, I think she will beat a guy intellectually any day... Nevertheless, I think a lot of guys have work to do too cause many of them use gimmicks to outsmart girls, and not as if they are really sound intellectually..
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? by nollywood20: 12:26pm On Jan 04, 2013
The youths who make up the majority of the Nigerian Facebook Generation are intellectually re-tar-ded. They don't even know who is Ben Okri, because they don't read. And that is why they have flunked their exams with mass failures in the General Certificate of Education (GCE) and JAMB's Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) since they went Facebook crazy.

~ TALK OF THE TOWN

Re: How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? by nollywood20: 12:45pm On Jan 04, 2013
It is wise to date and marry Nigerian women with brains like these tag teams in Nollywood on http://www.bellanaija.com/2010/11/17/celebrity-guests-at-mike-keke-ezuruonyes-star-studded-wedding/

Re: How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? by olumaxi(m): 12:47pm On Jan 04, 2013
stil thinkin..mayb i'l air my view 2morow
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? by nollywood20: 12:49pm On Jan 04, 2013
Mr. and Mrs. Linus Idahosa are currently the best tag team in Nollywood, because both compliment each other intellectually and professionally.
Do you know many Nigerian men are ashamed to send their wives to represent them at public functions where they have to make speeches?
Well, First Lady Dame Patience Goodluck Jonathan dey try sha.

1 Like

Re: How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 04, 2013
[size=13pt]K.[/size]
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? by Unluvable(f): 10:16pm On Jan 04, 2013
'NIGERIAN GIRLS', first of all that generalization shows your level of reasoning. Your statement is the true case of; 'zoe is a girl, zoe is a nigerian, zoe is not intellectually sound, therefore Nigerian girl's are not intellectually sound'. Please what % of 'Nigerian girls' have you had dealings with before rushing to a conclusion. It is true that shallow girls exist that only care about guys and money but that doesn't wipe out significant number of intelligent and focused girls out there. Next time before you make a post concerning intellectual capability, make research and base it on statistical established fact so that you won't commit fallacy.
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? by Nobody: 12:26am On Jan 05, 2013
This is insane and scary. Most of what OP said is true and it's getting more difficult to find intellectuAlly sound girls these days. I'm not talking of academics alone but a well rounded knowledge base.
That to me is the real assets and not the so called front and back assets. We guys too ought to be blamed because most of us get our priorities wrong when it comes to choosing the right kind of partner.
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? by ektbear: 6:38am On Jan 05, 2013
Dunno why you make it seem as if it is only women who are like this.

Anyways, intellect isn't everything. Last girl I dated wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but I liked her a lot, and she made me quite happy.
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? by UjSizzle(f): 7:03am On Jan 05, 2013
...same way it feels to laugh at really bad jokes undecided
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? by nollywood20: 1:04pm On Jan 06, 2013
[size=18pt]
Brand_new: This is insane and scary. Most of what OP said is true and it's getting more difficult to find intellectuAlly sound girls these days. I'm not talking of academics alone but a well rounded knowledge base.
That to me is the real assets and not the so called front and back assets. We guys too ought to be blamed because most of us get our priorities wrong when it comes to choosing the right kind of partner.
[/size]
Thank you for being honest.

TO THE IGNORANT RESPONDENTS, I SAID MAJORITY OF THEM AND NOT ALL.
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? by nollywood20: 1:13pm On Jan 06, 2013
ekt_bear: Dunno why you make it seem as if it is only women who are like this.

Anyways, intellect isn't everything. Last girl I dated wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but I liked her a lot, and she made me quite happy.
Thank you for expressing your sincere understanding of my factual observation.

[size=18pt]Lest we forget, the Nigerian kids recording mass failures are the results of poor parenting and poor teaching and in most cases, majority of them are in the care of their mothers and female teachers who are not good examples for these innocent pupils and students.

How many Nigerian mothers read to their children these days?
Both their mothers and aunties spend more time gossiping on their BBM and Facebook than paying attention to the extracurricular activities of their children, nephews and nieces.
What the Yoruubas call Mammi Olodo, Aunti mi Olodo.
Oko ni kan wan mo do.[/size] grin
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? by Nobody: 10:20am On Jan 07, 2013
nollywood20:
Thank you for expressing your sincere understanding of my factual observation.

[size=18pt]Lest we forget, the Nigerian kids recording mass failures are the results of poor parenting and poor teaching and in most cases, majority of them are in the care of their mothers and female teachers who are not good examples for these innocent pupils and students.

How many Nigerian mothers read to their children these days?
Both their mothers and aunties spend more time gossiping on their BBM and Facebook than paying attention to the extracurricular activities of their children, nephews and nieces.
What the Yoruubas call Mammi Olodo, Aunti mi Olodo.
Oko ni kan wan mo do.[/size] grin

I don't know mahn....

My mom basically taught me Math and Science as a kid. The teachers did all they could but I just couldn't grab 'em. Same for some of my childhood friends. Fathers were usually too busy or unconcerned about such things.

Women can be bright academically and really functional at their jobs but, more often than not, are not interested in the deeper aspects of knowledge. Its a plus if they are but I'm not really bothered about that. Most men aren't . Sometimes, simple wisdom is the best wisdom.
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? by Nobody: 3:18am On Jan 11, 2013
Unluvable*:
'NIGERIAN GIRLS', first of all that generalization shows your level of reasoning. Your statement is the true case of; 'zoe is a girl, zoe is a nigerian, zoe is not intellectually sound, therefore Nigerian girl's are not intellectually sound'. Please what % of 'Nigerian girls' have you had dealings with before rushing to a conclusion. It is true that shallow girls exist that only care about guys and money but that doesn't wipe out significant number of intelligent and focused girls out there. Next time before you make a post concerning intellectual capability, make research and base it on statistical established fact so that you won't commit fallacy.

thank u jare!
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? by redcliff: 7:02am On Jan 11, 2013
[size=15pt]Please Poster understand that your observation is a two way street, There are men who cannot engage in proper intellectual discussions/conversationsa because they do not have it in them..[/size]
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? by Pain(m): 12:04pm On Oct 21, 2013
Nairaland is becoming Boring..Please lets have this on the front page
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? by odaniel1(m): 12:44pm On Dec 27, 2015
What a Knock out! Monalisa185, Sinaj, Estherfabian and Chommieblaq must nt read this....Op run fr ur life!

(1) (Reply)

What Would You Do If Your Wife Leaves You For... / Things That Confuses Ladies About Men's Body / What Do You Do When A Man Asks You To Delete His Number?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.