Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,189 members, 7,807,642 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) (9096 Views)

If Only He Knew-a True Life Experience. / Short Story: The Boy That Thought He Knew It All / Wole Soyinka: Things You Never Knew About Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by olashas(f): 8:48pm On Jan 14, 2013
Trouble sleep, yanga go wake am. Lol...dude is in big trouble

1 Like

Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by navymii(m): 11:16pm On Jan 14, 2013
@BukkyDan-lol,u r too kind.tanx
@Damex-sounds like a nice next line! Lol
@oastor-thanks a lot bro
@Berreta-grateful for d encouragement
@olashas-no be small trouble oh
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by Emperortj93(m): 7:04am On Jan 15, 2013
Shakara done end o...benson don get H'I'V, sharaka don end o

1 Like

Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by drnonny: 7:58am On Jan 15, 2013
I like Agada! very mature, tried warning his friend without divulgin Sade's health condition! A rare trait lackin in most guys n gals who will broadcast their partner's secret. Benson was carried away by "lustful fantasies"!

nice write up! can't wait 4ur update...
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by drnonny: 8:01am On Jan 15, 2013
@@@@BUKKYDAN:
When re u going to update ur own story. urs is also good! i enjoy campus related stories a lot!
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by Rchemical(m): 8:29am On Jan 15, 2013
Ben:na uniben tinz be dat o
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by lilcutie8916(m): 10:11am On Jan 15, 2013
O boy see Bleep up o . Guy continue abeg .but how ben go take see that uniben proffesor now.

1 Like

Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by olenyi: 12:53pm On Jan 15, 2013
Choi !!! Hiv of all things. @Op u try ooo. I was even thinking her secret would be maybe a sugar daddy, anything but this. Kai !!!

How does one start addressing this kin thing na. U don chop be say u don chop.

Phew !!! I don die eheheh.

But dat girl wicked ooo. Why she come intentionally infect Ben na. Why! why!! why!!!

Too bad.
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by navymii(m): 3:21pm On Jan 16, 2013
PART 23

Benson felt his head explode as Ugwu made the declaration. The shop was spinning all of a sudden and he had to hold on to the counter for balance.
"HIV?" He asked in a low terrified tone,trying desperately to believe the three alphabets were innocently coming together to form something different from what he was thinking.

"AIDS" Ugwu declared unsympathetically when it was obvious Benson was being slow.

Bensons mind went completely blank initially like a clean white board, before his thoughts began to form a collage on it. He thought of the innumerable sexual encounters with Sade which were unprotected because she was on the contraceptive pill.He thought of Agadas warnings; "...for your own good". He thought Sades frequent question."Did Agada say anything about me?".

He turned sharply and ran out of the shop. His shock had been replaced by fury. He didn't stop running till he got to Sades house. He pounded desperately on the door,ignoring the surprised looks of neighbours. He continued for twenty minutes even though there was no response. Finally the security man attached to the building forced him to leave.

Benson was frustrated. He needed someone else to be angry at. He began running again, this time to find Agada. "Why didn't he tell me?" He thought to himself as he raced furiously towards campus. He arrived at their departmental lecture theatre where he knew they'd just be finishing a group discussion. Agada, Kefas, Abdul and another girl;one of their coursemates came walking out of the hall.

Benson breathed heavily as he watched Agada approaching, holding the girls hand and laughing heartily. So Agada had given him the HIV infected ex while he moved on happily. He felt his blood boiling, his ears were steaming, his vision was blurred by superheated tears. He rushed like a launched misile towards Agada. Agada turned at the last minute and saw him but was too late reacting as Benson had thrown him to the ground and lifted a stone to ram against his head.
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by BukkyDan(f): 3:31pm On Jan 16, 2013
Thanks Drnonny...so you read my story too? # smiles#

Whats wrong with this benson sef! Didn't Agada warn him, mtchew! He shouldn't kill person o. Agada didn't send hin there.
My vex is very annoyed! Navymii more updates jor before I vent my anger on you o
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 16, 2013
Wats wrong wit ds guy that call himself ben, he had beta accept his date and start using truvada
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by navymii(m): 4:47pm On Jan 16, 2013
@BukkyDan-abeg no vex oh!!! Lol
@Damex-allow Ben small now, d guy still dey vex! Na HIV oh!
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by navymii(m): 5:23pm On Jan 16, 2013
PART 24

Benson felt himself being pulled off Agada by strong hands. Kefas had gotten there in time to knock the stone out of his hands and had now seperated the pair. Kefas and Abdul quickly shoved Agada and Benson into a small class nearby, away from the small crowd that had gathered before the brawl became a campus security matter.

"Benson are you mad? What's your problem?" Kefas asked while pinning the squirming Benson against a wall.
"Ask him? Ask that bastard" Benson screamed, still trying to wiggle out of Kefas' vice like grip.

"You are the one that came charging like a rabid dog" kefas insisted. "So what is the matter?"
"How could you?" Benson yelled, struggling with a new found intensity;like an earthworm that had been bathed in salt.

Agada who was examining the small cuts and bruises following his rough landing on the ground screamed back. "Stop beating about the bush and say what's on your mind?"

Benson paused for a while."Why didn't you tell me Sade had HIV?"

Benson watched for their reactions. Kefas let out a loud shriek and abandoned his law enforcement responsibility, leaving Benson alone. Abdul threw both hands on his head quickly as though trying to stop it from flying off. He turned to Agada searching for a knowing smile, a gloating look. Instead he found a genuinely dazed expression as Agada seemed to have been hit by a jolt of lightening.

"What did you say?" Agada mumbled finally.
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by BukkyDan(f): 5:43pm On Jan 16, 2013
Don't worry Navymii, I'm no longer vexed# smiles#

Yepa! You mean Agada doesn't know about it?. Holly Majolly! My heart is ...is... Haaaaaa!
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by marianazme(f): 2:29pm On Jan 17, 2013
Yeeeee! See wahala! Very nice, u had me screamin in my office. Im followin bumper2bumper, dnt dull me oh!
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 17, 2013
Yeeeeeee *faints while screaming* wakes after a cold bath, so agada sef don chop am.
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by filiks(m): 3:01am On Jan 18, 2013
I just shrieked and woke my baby.u're too good jor.(using hubby's account).well done,navymii!
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by Supergirlie(f): 12:05pm On Jan 18, 2013
this is too good! luv ur sense of creativity.. excellent job!
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 18, 2013
Stupendous!!! @benny dat ll teach you not †̥̥♡̷̴̬̩̃̊ go scavenging through used trash.
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by olenyi: 3:46pm On Jan 18, 2013
From his shocked expression, dat means Agada is a potential HIV patient. Hmmm...
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by navymii(m): 4:15pm On Jan 18, 2013
PART 25

Benson wondered which was the greater shock. Finding out Sades nasty secret or realising Agada did not know.

"You mean you didn't know?" Benson asked
"Sade? HIV? How would I have known?" Agada wailed suddenly realising that bruises and cuts were the least of his problems.
"You didn't see her take any pills or discover any hidden medicines?"
"No,well yes I happened to find some medicines in her hosue once and when I inquired, she said they were antidepressants and some other psychiatric drugs".
"Psychiatric drugs?" Benson repeated."And you believed?"
"Of course I did" Agada raised his voice in self defence while feeling foolish deep down. "She told me she was treated for severe depression with suicidal thoughts and attempts to harm those around her".Agada stopped speaking. The more he spoke, the more foolish he felt for believing her incredulous tale.

"So is that why you said I should stop seeing her for my own good?"

"Yes" Agada said."I had promised her I wouldn't tell anyone".

Kefas and Abdul sat down watching, amazed by the unexpected turn of events, and glad they had not slept with the most beautiful girl on campus.

"So how did you find out?" Kefas asked.
Benson narrated the broken cupboard debacle stating that the cupboard fell with the door smashing open against the floor, conveniently leaving out the part about two naked bodies throwing themselves against the poor wooden cabinet.

"So" Abdul started,"You two have HIV?"
"Abdul!" Kefas cautioned. "You don't know how to talk. How can you just ask like that, as if you are a child"
"What?" Abdul protested. "Is that not what all this talk is about?"

The room fell silent. A wasp whizzing past punctured holes in the blanket of gloomy silence.
"So what happens now?" Kefas queried.
"We go and find that witch called Sade" Agada fumed.
"And do what with her?" Abdul chipped in.
"What do you mean and do what? We have to see her, how could she do something so vile?" Benson charged.
Abdul sneered."I don't know how that cures your HIV".
Benson rushed forward and grabbed Abdul by the throat. Agada and Kefas had to restrain him as he bellowed angrily at Abdul who was still shrugging defiantly.

"Abdul is right. You guys should go and get tested" Kefas offered when tempers had cooled.
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by navymii(m): 4:26pm On Jan 18, 2013
@BukkyDan-Agada didn't know oh
@mariana-lol,no dulling
@Damexx-Na so. Agada see am oh!
@filiks-tanx a million,hope the baby went back to sleep.
@supergirlie-tank u so much :-D
@junneyvone-learning the hard way.
@Olenyi-Agada was as shocked as Benson.
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by navymii(m): 5:08pm On Jan 18, 2013
PART 26

Agada and Benson sat in one of the waiting rooms of the campus sick bay,dedicated to HIV counselling and testing while Kefas and Abdul waited in the car outside. Benson looked around. There were pictures on the wall including one in which a dark stern looking doctor in thick rimmed glasses was pointing a warning finger while holding a pack of condoms with the bold inscription-USE ONE OF THESE! He turned away from that picture but began to hear the words-YOU SHOULD HAVE USED ONE OF THESE-in the tone of a damnatory sermon.
He turned to the wall on the other side of the room where he saw a drug advert marketing the drug Truvada. He buried his head in his hands.

"Mr Benson" one of the nurses shouted in a loud shrill voice that could do wellannouncing a hawkers wares.Benson stood up briskly without looking at Agada and walked into the consulting room.

"Good morning" a pleasant looking smallish nurse greeted him cheerfully. He nodded in response.
"So why are you here Mr Benson?"
"I have been having unprotected sex with a girl for a few months now.I now know she has HIV and I want to know..." His voice tailed off into the obvious.
"When last did you have sex?"
"Excuse me?" Benson asked with a frown. "How is that relevant?"
"Well,there is a window period of 6-8weeks and so even if we test you now, we'd have to test you again after 2months to be sure".
"Ok,I see. Well we had sex yesterday so I guess I won't bother doing the test now.I will come back later then"
He stood up to leave.
"But we need to talk about the details of this disease.." She called after him.
Benson was already out the door.

He didn't meet Agada in the waiting area. Agada was probably already in one of the consulting rooms. Two whole months, he thought to himself. How would he survive the agonizing suspense? He shook his head hoping the thought would fall out as he did. A loud scream from inside one of the consulting rooms caught his attention.
"What? No no no no, do it again, do it again now. Infact where is a doctor? I don't trust you this nurse"
"Calm down Sir"
"I will not, I will not. This cannot be true"
At first Benson couldn't recognise the voice.
Then Agada came storming out of one of the consulting rooms screaming "this cannot be true".
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by olashas(f): 6:09pm On Jan 18, 2013
...and things fall apart
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by drnonny: 6:51pm On Jan 18, 2013
..... And the centre cannot hold!
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by IZUKWU(m): 6:59pm On Jan 18, 2013
Oh lord! Stolen bread is sweet but it makes the mouth full of sand.
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jan 18, 2013
Agada doesnt av d virus,cos if he had he wouldn't av shouted lyk that. Though am expected 2 be proved wrong.
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by olenyi: 9:04pm On Jan 18, 2013
Hmmm.... SMH
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by Emperortj93(m): 6:39am On Jan 19, 2013
Magistrate: courtttttttttttttttttt. Judge: read out our first case. Magistrate: case number 248jat880 read and i coat, "one EMPERORTJ93 is charge wit readin dis 1daful story witout dropin any coment 4 d past 2wks and acordin 2 d federal seunpublic of nairaland, if d acuse is found guilty, he wil be flogged wit tissue paper.Judge: guilty or not guity. Me: guity. Judge: u re hearby sentence 2 commentin on dis wonderful story stil d end. Me: *hold ma heart and faint, wake up afta 2 cold bath of water* i wil do as ma lord orders
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by lilcutie8916(m): 9:11am On Jan 21, 2013
Dude update na
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by olashas(f): 6:17pm On Jan 21, 2013
The suspense is enough already
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by Nobody: 3:41am On Jan 22, 2013
These nairaland writers,when u've got a lot of followers u start delaying updates.it makes some of us lose interest.at least one update a day isnt bad nw.come on navymii,dont be lyk larry sun.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Things You Need To Know Before Dating A Writer / Through The Storm (sequel Of Saved Through Love) / Best Writing Apps And Tools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.