Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,792 members, 7,802,519 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

Is Our Mothers' Generation The Last Wifey Generation - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Our Mothers' Generation The Last Wifey Generation (773 Views)

Wifey Material (pics) / Guys Would You Allow Your Girlfriend /wifey Rock This Bra? / How To Identify Wifey Materials Anywhere In The World.... Please Read! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Our Mothers' Generation The Last Wifey Generation by Charliemorgano(m): 2:19am On Jan 04, 2013
As an Emotional spectator i observe incessant cases of divorce due to the inability to manage a home irrespective of the financial status of the husband,i ask myself"Is our mothers' gen the last wifey Gen" our mothers were fashionable yet prudent they were working(mostly teachers and nurses) yet they cook,wash and manage the home,they were there for better and for worse(without funds) just to teach us that divorce can't be an option,todays' woman don't want to manage(sheer extravagance) too bad
Re: Is Our Mothers' Generation The Last Wifey Generation by iamtheprincipal: 2:47am On Jan 04, 2013
I'm of this opinion too.
Our girls/women of today don't want to suffer with any man.
Re: Is Our Mothers' Generation The Last Wifey Generation by Nobody: 6:10am On Jan 04, 2013
[size=13pt]No.

I remember laughing in my history class when reading about mothers who complained about their daughters in the 1920s. Their daughters wore shorter hair, started going to university, their dresses revealed their shape and showed some of their legs, and they started listening to popular music: jazz. Abomination.

The truth is that someone in every generation asks this question. "Wifey" women are still around and they always will be, just that the definition of "wife material" is forever changing.[/size]
Re: Is Our Mothers' Generation The Last Wifey Generation by Mynd44: 6:16am On Jan 04, 2013
@OP. Define wife Material.

People like to talk tough about a lot of thing but we keep forgeting one important thing. That humans are not the same and we all have different tastes. To some people wife material is one thing to another, is is something else entirely.

So when you ask if our mothers are the last generation, it sounds silly because there is not universal definition of "wife material"
Re: Is Our Mothers' Generation The Last Wifey Generation by Nobody: 6:18am On Jan 04, 2013
[size=13pt]^^^ That too.[/size]
Re: Is Our Mothers' Generation The Last Wifey Generation by Charliemorgano(m): 6:41am On Jan 04, 2013
@Mnd 44...Its obvious you are myopic that u can't observe the core criteria which is embedded in the topic,please do well to read again...that and many more can define a wife material on a general scale
Re: Is Our Mothers' Generation The Last Wifey Generation by Mynd44: 6:48am On Jan 04, 2013
Charliemorgano: @Mnd 44...Its obvious you are myopic that u can't observe the core criteria which is embedded in the topic,please do well to read again...that and many more can define a wife material on a general scale
I am myopic? Dude there are men now who would love to marry a woman who has a job and don't mind getting a maid to do those things you have mentioned.

And please "managing a home" is not all about cooking and cleaning. It could involve keepung the maids on their toes and doing what they should do at the right time and this can be done even from a continent away.

Ever thought of that? The problem is that your mind is so stuck on 1914 when WW1 started that you can't realise that the world has moved on.

There are cases where the woman is the bread winner while the man stays at home and does the cooking and cleaning does that make the woman not "wife material"?

I asked you once and I am asking again bro. Define wife material
Re: Is Our Mothers' Generation The Last Wifey Generation by Nobody: 7:01am On Jan 04, 2013
Today's Wifey material is the one who cooks while the husband cleans.
*The one who goes grocery shopping while the husband changes the diaper.
*The one who manages utility bills while the husband pays it.
*The one who makes the shopping list while the husband pushes the shopping cart.

It goes on and on and we men just have to live with it or else you do it alone.
Re: Is Our Mothers' Generation The Last Wifey Generation by Mynd44: 7:11am On Jan 04, 2013
Brand_new: Today's Wifey material is the one who cooks while the husband cleans.
*The one who goes grocery shopping while the husband changes the diaper.
*The one who manages utility bills while the husband pays it.
*The one who makes the shopping list while the husband pushes the shopping cart.

It goes on and on and we men just have to live with it or else you do it alone.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Is Our Mothers' Generation The Last Wifey Generation by Charliemorgano(m): 9:32am On Jan 04, 2013
@ Mynd_44
its okay if i have the 1914 mindset/mentality as long as it works for me and can sustain my relationship and marriage
The secret with women is that if u fail to define the rules of engagement from the relationship stage u might regret not doing it...Where is the Man in Men?
Re: Is Our Mothers' Generation The Last Wifey Generation by Mynd44: 9:39am On Jan 04, 2013
Charliemorgano: @ Mynd_44
its okay if i have the 1914 mindset/mentality as long as it works for me and can sustain my relationship and marriage
The secret with women is that if u fail to define the rules of engagement from the relationship stage u might regret not doing it...Where is the Man in Men?
That is why I asked that you define "wife material" because it differs for everyone. Who you describe as "wife" might be described as "too conservative" by me so let's disagree to agree and move on
Re: Is Our Mothers' Generation The Last Wifey Generation by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 04, 2013
Was ur father's generation the last generation to get real jobs undecided
Re: Is Our Mothers' Generation The Last Wifey Generation by Mynd44: 9:52am On Jan 04, 2013
mondi_cheeks: Was ur father's generation the last generation to get real jobs undecided
**falls from mango tree**
Re: Is Our Mothers' Generation The Last Wifey Generation by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 04, 2013
Mynd_44:
**falls from mango tree**
hahaha
Re: Is Our Mothers' Generation The Last Wifey Generation by Charliemorgano(m): 10:41am On Jan 04, 2013
mondi_cheeks:Was ur father's generation the last generation to get real jobs?
dear,am happy u raised this point i always tell my guys don't rush to marry get jobs,relax build your capital,then u earn your respect....the same woman that will drive u to marriage will insult u the day u fail to provide for the family....so i must marry as a ready made man....good job...advanced degree etc

1 Like

Re: Is Our Mothers' Generation The Last Wifey Generation by 190theclown: 12:28pm On Jan 04, 2013
mondi_cheeks: Was ur father's generation the last generation to get real jobs undecided

undecided
Re: Is Our Mothers' Generation The Last Wifey Generation by olumaxi(m): 12:57pm On Jan 04, 2013
even dis present generatn of ladies wil tel dia daughtas dat they r d best durin dia tym..we jst deh lie 4 u na sefs noni
Re: Is Our Mothers' Generation The Last Wifey Generation by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 04, 2013
NO.
Re: Is Our Mothers' Generation The Last Wifey Generation by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 04, 2013
In 30 years time, your son will also ask this question. . . No matter how bad you think this generation is, the next one will be what? Will be worse. . .

Work on your own personality first. You will only end up with one woman out of the millions in your generation. Be focused when trying to make that choice and forget what the other 3,999,999,999 are doing.

It is not your "concernment".
Re: Is Our Mothers' Generation The Last Wifey Generation by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 04, 2013
So sad.
Re: Is Our Mothers' Generation The Last Wifey Generation by Beync(f): 10:13pm On Jan 04, 2013
why not remain since this is unwifey generation of women
anyone forcing u to marry? mschewwwww
Re: Is Our Mothers' Generation The Last Wifey Generation by jhydebaba(m): 3:44pm On Jan 05, 2013
Beync: why not remain since this is unwifey generation of women
anyone forcing u to marry? mschewwwww
Our wife don dey vex cheesy
Re: Is Our Mothers' Generation The Last Wifey Generation by Beync(f): 3:49pm On Jan 05, 2013
jhydebaba:
Our wife don dey vex cheesy
jide is here
*running back to the house*

(1) (Reply)

Who Likes Crazy Fun Girls? / Why The Wedding Ring Is Worn On The Fourth Finger? / American Woman/nigerian Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.