Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,702 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

Growing Up Without A Father - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Growing Up Without A Father (654 Views)

10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) / Things We Believed While Growing Up / Did This Happen In Your Family While Growing Up? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Growing Up Without A Father by Slimcurtis1(m): 2:40am On Jan 04, 2013
I'll be 18 soon,my parents got divourced when i was one,it wrecked my childhood completely.i longed for fatherly love but never got any cause we are quiet estranged.i feel like i would've been a better person with a father figure.
Re: Growing Up Without A Father by SisiKill1: 2:58am On Jan 04, 2013
OP It is sad you are estranged from your dad however I don't think he has control on who or what you turn out to be but since you believe it does. . .what stops you from reaching out and changing the situation?

You use of BETTER PERSON reminds me of a this quote

Every day that you wake, there are endless opportunities awaiting you. It is up to you to fulfill your potential and become a better person than you were yesterday. Leave the negative baggage in the past and welcome more prosperity in your future. You have what it takes to become a kingdom. May the New Year bring you peace & better tomorrows!

Sorry, don't know what else to tell you.
Re: Growing Up Without A Father by Nobody: 4:25am On Jan 04, 2013
@OP Take those words in red seriously, there are many people who were once in the same shoes as you but still weNt on to live exceptional lives so I see no reason you. Can't besides your experience should be a lesson for you to be a better parent because you know first hand what it feels like to neglect a child.
Re: Growing Up Without A Father by Jellita: 4:36am On Jan 04, 2013
Very understandable.
But you see. . .when fate subtracts from your life. . .YOU ADD TO IT AND ENRICH IT! kiss
Divorce is a terrible wound that robs parents the joy of being with their children because THEY CAN'T BE AMICABLE WITH THEIR SPOUSES.

You can't turn back the hand of time.
Only a parent that truly cares will put his or her child FIRST. . . instead of being selfish.
You are right. A father's love is PRICELESS!
But in the absence of that. . .you learn to LOVE YOURSELF.kiss
Re: Growing Up Without A Father by Slimcurtis1(m): 11:41am On Jan 04, 2013
Tanx for your candid advice.i will be my best this year.

(1) (Reply)

DO You Really Appreciate Your Wife, As A Man? / 15 Ways To Keep A Relationship Working... / Son Drags 96-yr-old Father To Court Over Plans To Re-marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.