Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Is There Xbox Live In Nigeria? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Is There Xbox Live In Nigeria? (11365 Views)

Xbox Live Gamertags / Xbox Live 2012 / Xbox Live Gamertags (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Xbox Live In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 23, 2008
Someone I know in the states claims he played someone in Nigeria on xbox live and the connection was robust at that.
I'm highly doubtful cos as far as i know, microsoft havent set up shop here, and if there's been some sort of makeshift arrangement how come it hasnt generated enough buzz amongst the gaming community.
so, anyone?,
Re: Is There Xbox Live In Nigeria? by Neoteny(m): 3:06pm On Feb 23, 2008
what you ought to be asking is, is there broadband in nigeria? cos thats all you need as xbox live is a global service.
Re: Is There Xbox Live In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 23, 2008
really??
didnt know that
Re: Is There Xbox Live In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 23, 2008
Hey neo, i just gleaned from ur post in an unrelated thread that u own an x360, so r u on live? what's it like? what's ur gamer tag??
Re: Is There Xbox Live In Nigeria? by Neoteny(m): 4:27pm On Feb 23, 2008
@c-jay

yup, but i cant go live cos i dont have broadband. you need at least 2megabits/sec to play online. all ive done is to hook it up via my mates 360 and we play gears of war co-op via 2 screens. very sweet. oh, and i stream media to my tv via media center and zune. sadly no xbox live.
Re: Is There Xbox Live In Nigeria? by ritchboy(m): 10:58am On Feb 24, 2008
@neo,
wow! 2MB a sec? R u sure bout dat?
Re: Is There Xbox Live In Nigeria? by ritchboy(m): 10:59am On Feb 24, 2008
@neo,
wow! 2MB a sec? R u sure bout dat?
Re: Is There Xbox Live In Nigeria? by jdoss: 8:41pm On Feb 24, 2008
In South Africa, they are playing on live with MTN's 3g service. I have not tried it yet with Glo, but once i pick up my 360 i will. They say the real problem is upload speed and latency not download speed.
Re: Is There Xbox Live In Nigeria? by Neoteny(m): 10:40am On Feb 27, 2008
yah thas why i recommend 2mbits a sec cos of latency. you can get by with 600kbs but you will suffer response time lags. its not download/upload stream, its the link speed that needs to be high. so if you can, get 2mbps, at least 1mbps, fine and dandy. mtn 3g is approaching 2mbps. of course all these are subject to actual verification cos some peolple claim to get by with link speeds of 300kbps! me, i dont think so.
Re: Is There Xbox Live In Nigeria? by jdoss: 9:26pm On Mar 01, 2008
Was able to go live and play online with the 360 using Glo. Only played Aegis Wing and there was no lag. I could hear them, they could hear me. Will have Gears of War sometime this week and will let y'all know how it goes.

My gamertag is "jdossy" for any one on live in naija or otherwise
Re: Is There Xbox Live In Nigeria? by Neoteny(m): 12:54pm On Mar 09, 2008
are you a live gold member? how do you play multi?
Re: Is There Xbox Live In Nigeria? by jdoss: 2:36pm On Mar 09, 2008
Yup, I have a one month gold membership. If i am not mistaken, everytime you go online with a 360 for the first time you get one month free. I had another gamertag, but decided to make a new one for the free membership.
Re: Is There Xbox Live In Nigeria? by gabelogan(m): 10:07pm On Jun 04, 2008
@C_JAY

WHY R U ASKIN, U WAN BUY XBOX 360?!!!
JUST BY LOOKIN AT THE PROFILE NAME, ULL KNOW WHO DIS IS,

HW FAR NOW CHIJIOKES JUST TOOK NY KNICKS TO THE PLAYOFFS ON NBA2K8, DONT WORRY, WE'LL SOON BE PLAYIN 2K8 WHEN I GET MY ASS OUTTA HERE
Re: Is There Xbox Live In Nigeria? by MrBlacKiD(m): 9:41pm On Jun 05, 2008
looking for some nigerian gamerz cheesy , does anyone play COD4 or Rb6V2 (xbox live) leave your gamer tag thx, o and i didnt read all the post but i as long as one has a 512k connec u can play online games (ps2/ps3/xbox/xbox360 , my gamer handle is: VirtuoZ BlacKiD or Ni4JA BOY , add me to yr friends list wink

can't wait to "tea bag" noobz with ya all lol, l8rz
Re: Is There Xbox Live In Nigeria? by Mistiky(m): 9:51am On Jun 06, 2008
@ Mr BlacKiD
PLs could u tell me hw u got ur xboxlive to run on glo. I assume you are talking about the Glo 3g service and u used ur phone/pda as a modem.
Is that how you got it to work ? Also did the game play run smoothly. did you notice any latency ? Lastly, how were you charged by glo. Was is per minute or per bytes/kilobytes used ? I have an xbox and the only time i got toplay on xbow live was when i connected via my paltops internet connection that was running on starcomms Evdo service. It was crappy to say the least. Iplayed Halo 2 and the experience was terrible. I got killed more times than i could respawn. Lol. Please i/we gamers need this info cuz it'll help build the nigerian community on xboxlive and i'm sure i'm not the only one who thinks that will be a blast.
Re: Is There Xbox Live In Nigeria? by Syakuza(f): 1:04pm On Jun 06, 2008
Repying Mystiky: Firsly WTF kind of name is that anyway? I want ya'll to know that this guy's ma boy and i've been kicking his sorry ass on virtually every game we've played. INCLUDING SOCCER GAMES.

And does anyone here play Halo multiplayer? Please you've just become my best friend if that be the case. Just holla mua. Mistiky can tell you his experience with me on that game.

And Misticky, I want you to hurry up and find out how this Xbox live thing works, so we can take the butt whooping to a whole new level. 

Sorry ya'll if this was a bit too off topic.
Re: Is There Xbox Live In Nigeria? by MrBlacKiD(m): 2:02am On Jun 11, 2008
eerrr i meant a 512 kbps connection speed. Sry but i dont know much if not nothing about the connection speed available in Nigeria but im sure one can get a broadband connec overthere.

concerning the "the Glo 3g service " no idea what that is, but "3G" connec speed are limited to ~128k (not sure) so even if u find a way of using your phone as a moderm (gd luck with dat lol) it still wont work.

i did a quick search on broadband in nigeria and come up with this:

High speed Internet up to 400Kbps ( by iwireless )
2 telephone / fax lines
Internet access shared by 1 to 5 computers
24/7 access with customer care support
2.5GB download allowance -------> ( lol ) xboxlive + youtube + p2p= $$$$$ --> i used 2.0GB in 4 days and i dont download dat much sad

guess you guys just have 2 wait awhile 4 broadban 2 become more "pocket friendly" sad
Re: Is There Xbox Live In Nigeria? by iykedee: 1:03pm On Aug 26, 2008
There is Xbox live in Nigeria and it's not just broadband , I hooked up with a couple of friends some time last month and they were playing gears of war on xbox live and it was a dial up connection, starcomms.
Re: Is There Xbox Live In Nigeria? by ogagusps3: 3:14pm On Aug 26, 2008
I dont know about xbox 360 but I use a starcomms anydata modem. This is a wireless 3g broadband with 500kbps. I have used this to play Ps3 games online with people from other continents. It cost me =N=40000
Re: Is There Xbox Live In Nigeria? by McBrave(m): 7:36pm On Aug 26, 2008
Hey, There is xbox live in nigeria. I am a frequent gamer on live, I made friends all around the globe and even met some populer folks on live. I got a gamertag, which is Brave GTX and also my buddy got one which is unexpectedbrave. About the broadband issue, I think is all over Nigeria, It's just that the folks out there can't afford it becouse of the cost. I stay in Port Harcourt and I game online 247. XBOX 360 YOU ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKK!
Re: Is There Xbox Live In Nigeria? by iukpe: 4:47pm On Aug 27, 2008
McBrave, what ISP do you use and what speed are you getting. I am looking at broadband for my home not just for xbox live but I play PS3 and PC games too. I live in PH and will appreciate the info because i don't want to be disappointed after i have secured the connection to find out it not giving me what i expect.

ogagusps3
what do you pay on monthly subscription for this starcomms 500kps?
Re: Is There Xbox Live In Nigeria? by ogagusps3: 11:03pm On Aug 27, 2008
=N=15000 for 24 hours

=N=7000 for 9:00am to 9:00pm

=N=5000 for 9:00pm to 9:00am
Re: Is There Xbox Live In Nigeria? by dansmith1(m): 2:12am On Aug 28, 2008
hmmm, never new xboxlive worked in naija sha. Jus reading this thread makes me smile wit glee. cheesy. The problem now is getting a reliable Broadband connection ere in abuja, ny1 got any ideas? Can't wait to whup some sorry noodz on halo, and the upcoming, sf4
Re: Is There Xbox Live In Nigeria? by init4dmoni(m): 2:12pm On Apr 23, 2009
cn piple please start talking again
if you use xbox live and it dosen't lagg atall or it just laggs a little
post the name of ur isp
Re: Is There Xbox Live In Nigeria? by echowords(m): 1:00am On Jul 11, 2009
it'll a dream come true if XbL really works here. am a shooter freak, i play halo, cod 4, the likes. havin conquered
my hood, i've been seaching for ways to expand my empire. this XBL shit might just be the what i need to conquer the world
Re: Is There Xbox Live In Nigeria? by OhGrey(m): 9:41am On Jul 22, 2009
Please, which country do u register under in xbox live since Nigeria is not listed. Must I have a credit card to be able to register.
Re: Is There Xbox Live In Nigeria? by echowords(m): 6:11pm On Jul 31, 2009
hey am trying to connect to xboxlive using mtn 3g modem and an ethernet cable from my laptop to the 360, but it keeps saying failed. when i test the connection. the problem is around the ip, gateway stuff, what do i do folks?? need help fast.
Re: Is There Xbox Live In Nigeria? by ogagusps3: 8:13pm On Jul 31, 2009
hey am trying to connect to xboxlive using mtn 3g modem and an ethernet cable from my laptop to the 360, but it keeps saying failed. when i test the connection. the problem is around the ip, gateway stuff, what do i do folks?? need help fast.
Fibre optic problem . Mtn will be slow for a while.
Re: Is There Xbox Live In Nigeria? by echowords(m): 2:36am On Aug 01, 2009
okay its up now, been updateing for ages. just sent a request to jdossy and ni4ja boy. holla an show me how to do this thin.
Re: Is There Xbox Live In Nigeria? by echowords(m): 10:58pm On Dec 17, 2009
I've been the one most in dought abt xboxlive working in naija but i can now tell u dat i've been playing halo 3 on live for a while now (@IKEJA).
with no lag at all, yet my average speed is 400kb per sec and 1mb around 4 to 6AM, even when it's on a 100kb it still plays without any lag.
the main problem hopeful gamers might encounter is the nat type.Ur ability to find and hook up to other players and play games depend
entirely on ur nat type if u got a strict nat like i used to, u would hardly be able to play, but moderate or open nat is operatable .
u still need a fast internet connection though but not 1 or 2 mb per sec 400kb is moderate.
Re: Is There Xbox Live In Nigeria? by edegbesown: 3:07pm On Jan 25, 2010
First and foremost! the whole topic of how to play games online in Nigeria is a sh*tty a** question which should have never been brought up, having connections problems? now that makes sense. Common sense helped me go online and Gainer gamer recognition, don't belive me? check out infinityward.com & bungie.net my gamertag is P I Q I 555. If u know these companies,you r probably on my track. Cutting things short i would say if you are smart enough to get your laptop or desktop online you should be smart enough to get your xbox online,just finding the right ISP should be ur next move. By the way i checked most of your gamertags your profiles were bulls**t.
Re: Is There Xbox Live In Nigeria? by init4dmoni(m): 12:04am On Jan 26, 2010
^^ yo! nairaland noob STFU!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Football Manager 2008 / Buy Cheap And Latest Ps4 And ps5 Digital OFFLINE GAMES. (offline Package) / 10 Best Video Games Boss Battles Of The Decade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.