Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,782 members, 7,806,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? (8344 Views)

5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. / Higher Education And The Female Child / As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by kaze4blues(m): 6:28am On Jan 04, 2013
Hi nairalanders, this just got me cracking ma ribs.
Although we re two guys out of a family of five, d distance between me and my younger brother makes me feel bad and ultimately wonder how life wiol be like being the only male or female child in your family.

To me, the loneliness really sucks...u know now, having to deal with personal issues on your own.

Let people in the same condition share their views.

Contributions please...

1 Like

Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by cockyjay: 6:52am On Jan 04, 2013
Hmm Okanlawon.
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by angeltolly(f): 10:44am On Jan 04, 2013
Atimes.... It's so lonely being the only girl and the last born in ma family... But i bet u it's intresting... But i gotta do all the work @ home[color=#000099][/color]

1 Like

Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by kaze4blues(m): 12:33pm On Jan 04, 2013
angeltolly: Atimes.... It's so lonely being the only girl and the last born in ma family... But i bet u it's intresting... But i gotta do all the work @ home[color=#000099][/color]

Truly, it aint easy avin to do all d house chores cos u re d only female.

Makes u feel fed up at times
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 04, 2013
i'm d only female child among four guys nd it as bin wondaful.most tin i ask 4rm my dad he hardly doesnt give me.Also one of my neighor av one female wit 8 males.wat abt dat.
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by creativemusic: 5:19pm On Jan 04, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 04, 2013
gbemies: .
saving (catching) space I see
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by Francheezy(m): 5:24pm On Jan 04, 2013
*SPACE RESERVED*
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 04, 2013
Family of 2 kids, a guy nd a girl - being the only guy could be fun but at the same time so much is expected (from me) in almost all aspect. There's the pressure and there's the fun
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by mitchyy(f): 5:25pm On Jan 04, 2013
Hmmm. I've got 6 brothers. I'm the only lady in the house. And seriously, my growing up was fun. We had maids so there was no real ish of me doing all the work. But it got to a point mum started making me work my ass out so I can learn. Sometimes I miss having a sis. It made a tomboy though, but I guess I'm out growing that.

By the way, is it true scientists have found cure to cancer as stated in this article? http://gistville.com/2013/01/at-last-scientists-create-cancer-killing-cells-that-can-be-injected-into-patients/

1 Like

Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by nnachichi(f): 5:26pm On Jan 04, 2013
Its fun n annoying, annoyin cos there's no other female 2 share stuffs wit except mum,but u knw now,thr r tins u wouldnt want 2 discus wit mum.its fun cos al ma brothers love and respect me,i'm like each's closest siblin..
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by Emperor5c(m): 5:27pm On Jan 04, 2013
Am the only dude in the family of 7.
I have no partner in crime,no fella to cover my arsh, so my crimes are easily spotted
#kinda sucks#
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by Troll: 5:35pm On Jan 04, 2013
[size=13pt] It Feels Like Paradise On Earth (Literally) tongue
I'm Not Bothered And I Can Mess Around With Nobody Interfering With My Privacy grin
Infact I'm Happy I'm Single, Alone And Free cheesy
I Get To Watch P.ORN On My Own Without Fear Of Someone Spotting Me. I Can Fart Anytime I Want. And I Can Choose To F.uck Who And When I Like grin
My Peeps Ain't Home Always, So It's Fun To Run The House Anyway I Like.
Who Knows I May Throw A Nairaland Themed HouseParty One Of These Days. tongue [/size]

...#NowPlaying Bruno Mars - Lazy Song tongue
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by dopeJemi: 5:37pm On Jan 04, 2013
Op

wat exactLy got ur Ribs Cracking
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by Alaafialoro(m): 5:38pm On Jan 04, 2013
**enter thread**
I am the.....
What‘s the topic of this thread sef?
**check topic of the thread again**
...sorry o, e like say I don miss road
**walks out of thread**
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by lisa04(f): 5:41pm On Jan 04, 2013
M d only female in d midst of 6 boys,n trust me,its nt fun @all. Dey wld neva wnt any boy around u,wether he s jst a frnd or nt. U dnt hv a sis 2 share ur vri lil secrets,n smtyms u jst feel so lonely. It sucks!
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by alfredo4u(m): 5:41pm On Jan 04, 2013
Is great, because my fada is a millionair just like God and Jesus. I ve evrytin i ask for.
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by lakefist(m): 5:43pm On Jan 04, 2013
its boredomness especially wen ure d only male child

1 Like

Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by Tomeseen(f): 5:43pm On Jan 04, 2013
We are four and have just one boy. One day i saw this on his FB wall. "Am the only boy in the midst of three witches" i guess that speaks volumes about how he feels being an 'okanlawon'. I want to believe we have at least one good thing going for us with him. 'He knows his way in and around women' that was our legacy to him.

1 Like

Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 04, 2013
I'm d only son of an igbo man. Hmm its fun being an only son cos ul b pampered tho,especially frm mum. Iv changed like 3cars courtsy of my pupsy. But d major p is dey still look at u as a baby. U can imagine ur parents callin by 7pm dat its gettin late lol. I had a brief illness in london 2yrs ago and my parents were so worried and in tears everyday. Wen I came home dey lost soo much weight.*sad face* I was called 5times a day until I stopped pickin dere calls and had to warn dem 2 call me only 2wice a week. Now, I'm 25 and mum is on my neck to get married b4 d end of 2013. Lmao

3 Likes

Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by kokoye(m): 5:52pm On Jan 04, 2013
After my brother died, i became the only son with 2 sisters..of course they tried to have another son twice but both turned out to be girls. I remember how I cried whenever my mom came home with another girl and I had to be bribed with toy guns, sweets and soccer balls. Growing up, I missed having a brother - there was noone to support me or cover up my tracks. Those 'girls' were goody too shoes and always snitched on me.

But..thank God for his goodness. I love my sisters to death and now that we are all grown and out of the house, we take good care of our parents.

2 Likes

Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by dabigwalls: 6:06pm On Jan 04, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
lakefist: its boredomness especially wen ure d only male child

Did you mean boring/boredom?
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by kokoye(m): 6:09pm On Jan 04, 2013
lakefist: its boredomness especially wen ure d only male child

I no fit shout o.
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by YOMIT(m): 6:19pm On Jan 04, 2013
And the next topic we see; How Does It Feel To Be the On Jerk In The Family undecided ... Nairaland ehn, smh

1 Like

Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by kaze4blues(m): 6:27pm On Jan 04, 2013
Evn though we re two guys out of a family of 5, I nd my lil broda didn't stay 2gedaa rite frm d outset.
Ds leaves me in d midst of 3 gals.

@times I feel like jst avin to swap family cos of d loneliness I suffer most times.
Bt nw dt am grown up, I go jst waka frm house each time they start thr girls-talk....

Anyway, since I joined nairaland abt 5yrs ago, ds is ma first time of makin front page.

Help me shout halleluyah.....dancin azonto
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by UGetSense(m): 6:31pm On Jan 04, 2013
I'm d only son amidst 2 young sis, and I bet u it's not easy. My dad is late, and believe me the responsibility weighs me down. I'm now expected to marry early and to a specific type of woman. I'm a cool type of guy and sometimes I prefer doing things my own way but because of responsibility, I do the things I'm expected to do rather than the things I want to do. So, at times it sucks, but on the good side it makes me a responsible man.
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by NEGZY(f): 7:04pm On Jan 04, 2013
not easy being d only gal,u get all d attention-most times d strict side.always lonely buh i am getting married soon. funny enuf i wish to av just a gal,just like me,my mum nd grandma.i dnt wnt to break d jinx

1 Like

Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by oyeleyemaureen(m): 7:22pm On Jan 04, 2013
i'm the only guy out of 5 children. So i see nothing in it

1 Like

Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by omotolsy(m): 7:47pm On Jan 04, 2013
Notin bad in it. Bt its jst dat no one wld undstnd u. Its nt bin a gud xperience for me though. Avin to hang out wit frends d most
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by Jglad(f): 7:51pm On Jan 04, 2013
Its kinda annoyin because dad treats me lyk am fragile n very weak which doesnt help matters and He stil treats me lyk a kid,doesnt want me goin out. Believe me,its annoyin!
Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by horlajide: 8:02pm On Jan 04, 2013
i am not just the only male buh d last born- i got 2 sisters. And contrary to what many presume,im not spoilt. Dad is late. Nottin special really cos nobody gave me any prefential treatment. The only thing i sense is that everybody in my home gat high expectation on me

1 Like

Re: Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? by Input(m): 8:07pm On Jan 04, 2013
I must confess the presure on you is so so much.am the only male among 3 girls and i hate then it when they start discussing their girls issue.mum treats me like a kid and wants me to marry even at my young age.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Moved Out Of My Parents House Today And This Happened / Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? / If Your Spouse Slaps You For The First Time, What Would You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.