Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Unemployed Graduate Advertises CV On Billboard - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unemployed Graduate Advertises CV On Billboard (24292 Views)

PHOTO: Unemployed Graduate Hawking Soft Drinks At A Motor Park / Unemployed Graduate Commits Suicide Over Failure To Secure A Job / Now Employed, 1st Class Graduate Spends First Wage On Billboard To Say Thanks! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unemployed Graduate Advertises CV On Billboard by TheKingsQueen: 10:11am On Jan 04, 2013
Unemployment is not peculiar to Nigeria alone. Even the developed countries have massive unemployment rates.
One thing about Nigerians is that we are business-oriented. If white-colar jobs are not forth-coming, we learn a trade/skill/set up a business venture. And off we go!!!!! (e.g. Seun of Nairaland)

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Graduate Advertises CV On Billboard by madridsta007(m): 10:16am On Jan 04, 2013
I see two things in it...

1. Creativity and

2. Humility.

It's now paid off and I bet he has a very nice paying job now. I admire what he did especially the humility he took in doing this. The babes and friends that laughed at him would be falling head over heels to enjoy a dinner or drink with him.

Moral of the story: Humility pays- He will get paid at least monthly!

2 Likes

Re: Unemployed Graduate Advertises CV On Billboard by FXKing2012(m): 10:18am On Jan 04, 2013
desperate times call for desperate measures
Re: Unemployed Graduate Advertises CV On Billboard by YuzedoII: 10:19am On Jan 04, 2013
Sleek05: Wow. I luv dis...I'm sure some 2:2 grads have jobs but d first class grad has refused 2 get one. Fillin square pegs n round holes happens all over d world. God help us.

C'man shatthafackap will you! You think 1st Class confers automatic privileges or confirms intellectual superiority?! How naïve of you! And you can't even write proper English, you are here advocating.. Odika thunder gbagbuo ya mouth there! angry
Re: Unemployed Graduate Advertises CV On Billboard by dulphines: 10:32am On Jan 04, 2013
Sleek05: Wow. I luv dis...I'm sure some 2:2 grads have jobs but d first class grad has refused 2 get one. Fillin square pegs n round holes happens all over d world. God help us.

So the 2:2 chaps should be thrown into the bush right? Everyone with his or her destiny. Success in life is not a function of degree or grades. Get that clear sis.
Re: Unemployed Graduate Advertises CV On Billboard by fabihill: 10:37am On Jan 04, 2013
fool!!!
Re: Unemployed Graduate Advertises CV On Billboard by SlyIg(f): 10:38am On Jan 04, 2013
Even if you put the bill board infront of Aso rock,no body go send am!
Try am for Naija and see what happens!
Re: Unemployed Graduate Advertises CV On Billboard by tayoccu(m): 10:47am On Jan 04, 2013
igbsam: And this is the Naija Version of a CV on Billboard. People were saying this is african mentality when they saw this guy doing this. Sebi, we don see oyinbo own now.

Maybe the oyinbo learnt from the 9ja guy ;d
Re: Unemployed Graduate Advertises CV On Billboard by onatisi(m): 11:18am On Jan 04, 2013
phoneport: If you try this in Nija, you are wasting your money
wahalahi i dey feel you.even music stars dont use billboards how much more an unemployed graduate nobody go tell am before he go commot am
Re: Unemployed Graduate Advertises CV On Billboard by Sike(m): 11:35am On Jan 04, 2013
Sure Guy!
Re: Unemployed Graduate Advertises CV On Billboard by vascey(m): 11:57am On Jan 04, 2013
A Nigerian will probably pay tithe with the money.
Re: Unemployed Graduate Advertises CV On Billboard by Karleb(m): 12:08pm On Jan 04, 2013
#80million:
*speechless*
desperate situation requires desperate measures!
and if i may ask, y are u always speechless. just curious.

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Graduate Advertises CV On Billboard by nollywood20: 12:11pm On Jan 04, 2013
That money is more than enough for him to launch a startup and get quick ROI within 12 months.
Re: Unemployed Graduate Advertises CV On Billboard by DonaldGenes(m): 12:11pm On Jan 04, 2013
fkaz: This is serious!!!
A nice trend,
So those wen dey apply for nairaland job section, nah child'splay.
I dey teyuuuuuuuuuuuu
Re: Unemployed Graduate Advertises CV On Billboard by Abrantie: 12:29pm On Jan 04, 2013
wilxz: Thats courageous, but come to tink of it cant this guy use his €500 to start a small biz to help himself, some of first class guys can't do things on there own, some lack the creativity mind set. They just like working for others and like being told what to do.

Starting a business in Europe would cost more than 500 BP.
Re: Unemployed Graduate Advertises CV On Billboard by AjanleKoko: 12:33pm On Jan 04, 2013
Well . . . if you could afford to put an ad on a billboard in Nigeria (starting at N5m a pop), then you don't need a job! grin
Re: Unemployed Graduate Advertises CV On Billboard by pwiz(m): 12:38pm On Jan 04, 2013
Very touching... I wish him goodluck
Re: Unemployed Graduate Advertises CV On Billboard by ayox2003: 12:39pm On Jan 04, 2013
Exactly what Seth Godin was saying in his new book, The Icarus Deception.

God knows the number of first class grads out there, unemployed!

Frawzey
Re: Unemployed Graduate Advertises CV On Billboard by 9lifes(m): 12:54pm On Jan 04, 2013
Dr. Wise:

When a Nigerian did this, a lot of people were raining abuses on him.

Most Nigerians are a proud fools. they always talk down on people and starting small means you are either suffering or you are suffering from a generational curse.

We have misplaced ego and pride issues,now multiply that with poor time management and poor work ethics,yet we want all the rewards on earth.

Nigerians too dey look face.
Re: Unemployed Graduate Advertises CV On Billboard by dmcdad: 12:57pm On Jan 04, 2013
sholay2011:

Some ppl dnt av d know-how or should I say gift of starting a business but are xcellent in managing dat of others...dats y we ve consultants and all sorts.

My point? Nt evri wud eventually be a job creator, including d 1st class graduates.

True!!!
Re: Unemployed Graduate Advertises CV On Billboard by dmcdad: 1:00pm On Jan 04, 2013
nollywood20: That money is more than enough for him to launch a startup and get quick ROI within 12 months.

In UK? Nah... In Nigeria? Yes, may be....
Re: Unemployed Graduate Advertises CV On Billboard by Petraman(m): 1:01pm On Jan 04, 2013
Drock4christ: Unemployed Graduate Spends His Last £500 On CV’s Billboard Advert
Adam Pacitti , a 24-yr-old 1st class graduate who has been unemployed for a while has placed his CV on a Billboard advertisement in a bid to attract potential employers .

The first class graduate claims hehas applied to over 250 job positions with no success. He decided to use his last £500 to place an advert in order to attractpotential employers.
And to his amazement, he has over 7,000 re-tweets of his CV adverts with thousands of phone calls from employers and unwanted people.
Now employed with good job.
This is faith working in him. If he has not has faith dat wat he's about to do will surely bring him job, he'll not av done it. Faith can do all things
Re: Unemployed Graduate Advertises CV On Billboard by clemmonce(m): 1:14pm On Jan 04, 2013
wilxz: Thats courageous, but come to tink of it cant this guy use his €500 to start a small biz to help himself, some of first class guys can't do things on there own, some lack the creativity mind set. They just like working for others and like being told what to do.
this where most people get it wrong wen u cant find a job that does not mean that u should go into business. first of all ask yourself some basic questions 1. do i have managerial skill. one major reason businesses fail is lack of managerial skill 2. do i have the patience to wait and see the business grow without giving up.3. do i have the capacity to employ someone like an assistant. and so many more
Re: Unemployed Graduate Advertises CV On Billboard by ignis: 1:21pm On Jan 04, 2013
Drock4christ: I think people could do this in naija and make it.. Ain't it? Lol...
If we want to do it in naija, it means the whole streets will be crowded with bill boards.

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Graduate Advertises CV On Billboard by haibe(m): 1:24pm On Jan 04, 2013
I can't believe this is real, i went to the site and saw him really askin 4 job
Re: Unemployed Graduate Advertises CV On Billboard by haibe(m): 1:27pm On Jan 04, 2013
clemmonce: this where most people get it wrong wen u cant find a job that does not mean that u should go into business. first of all ask yourself some basic questions 1. do i have managerial skill. one major reason businesses fail is lack of managerial skill 2. do i have the patience to wait and see the business grow without giving up.3. do i have the capacity to employ someone like an assistant. and so many more

You don't have to be the manager of ur own business, am very sure adenuga and dangote aren't the managers of their business. Management is a skill and u nid to employ someone with the skill
Re: Unemployed Graduate Advertises CV On Billboard by abhosts(m): 1:52pm On Jan 04, 2013
How come I don't see anybody saying "UK is a Useless Country" like most would have said if the Story Involved Nigeria.
Re: Unemployed Graduate Advertises CV On Billboard by chineji(m): 2:15pm On Jan 04, 2013
Please I would love to know what this guy studied in the university the other day I read an article from yahoo written by a harvard professor and he said if you aren't going to college to study engineering, medicine, law, or accounting you are better off at a trade school instead of wasting thousands of dollars on a degree that is not marketable before we say anything what did this study was it relevant to the UK economy no one goes to school to study trash you must look at your countrys economy before picking a course in the university even though medical doctors are not rich they can never go hungry same with accountants and engineers they are all professionals
Re: Unemployed Graduate Advertises CV On Billboard by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 04, 2013
Dr. Wise:

When a Nigerian did this, a lot of people were raining abuses on him.
Really?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Massive Recruitment At City Tutors Ltd / Job Interview / N-power: Why We Are Carrying Out BVN Validation Of Participants – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.