Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,621 members, 7,801,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Have You Tasted Cassava Bread - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Have You Tasted Cassava Bread (8513 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo Eating Cassava Bread (Picture) / Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania / GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by Dhelake: 7:46am On Jan 04, 2013
Good morning Nairalanders

posting this out of curiosity

Its almost a year since GEJ launched cassava bread .... I still cant get to eat the bread ....

Have u taste the bread??
Hw gud is it??...
Where can someone get it??
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by k2039: 7:52am On Jan 04, 2013
[color=soyouquotedme]I spent my christmas celebration in Aso Rock, guess what, I ate cassava bread on christmas eve.

It's not as sweet as flour bread but it's sweeter than wheat bread.
[/color]
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by Dhelake: 8:08am On Jan 04, 2013
Have u seen the bread outside the aso villa??

1 Like

Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by cockyjay: 8:09am On Jan 04, 2013
tnx. I'll pass

1 Like

Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by dridowu: 8:16am On Jan 04, 2013
Cassava Bread on my mind ds morni, on my way to GEJ villa
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by Walexz02(m): 9:05am On Jan 04, 2013
Since the bread is approved by the FG I dont know why it is not available in town? Abi na only Aso rock dem dey produce am for?
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by cockyjay: 9:11am On Jan 04, 2013
Walexz02: Since the bread is approved by the FG I dont know why it is not available in town? Abi na only Aso rock dem dey produce am for?
the cassava bread policy is a waste of precious time
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by Dhelake: 9:13am On Jan 04, 2013
Heard its been produced in FUNAAB(federal university of Agriculture Abeokuta) ... Hope i would get to taste it some day
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by Dhelake: 9:19am On Jan 04, 2013
Walexz02: Since the bread is approved by the FG I dont know why it is not available in town? Abi na only Aso rock dem dey produce am for?
d tin tire me ooo ...... Dem no suppose publicise am wen dem knw say d tin no go circulate
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by Walexz02(m): 9:22am On Jan 04, 2013
cockyjay: the cassava bread policy is a waste of precious time
....when it is well monitored and cheap, I think it will be good.... Btwn, cant you hear some1 up there saying it is very nutricious? Me ehn, I will like to taste it...
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by Dhelake: 9:30am On Jan 04, 2013
Walexz02:
....when it is well monitored and cheap, I think it will be good.... Btwn, cant you hear some1 up there saying it is very nutricious? Me ehn, I will like to taste it...
me too oo
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by jaymichael(m): 9:53am On Jan 04, 2013
Walexz02:
CASSAVA bread no cheap o. no be im GEJ and him people dey use 1.3 billion naira dey chop every year for Aso Rock? I even hear say that amount no reach, say make the increase am to 3billion.

1 Like

Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by taharqa: 10:04am On Jan 04, 2013
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by wirinet(m): 10:20am On Jan 04, 2013
You all have been eating cassava bread (and biscuits, gala, other confectionaries) since the middle of last year. The policy is that at least 10% of bread and confectionaries should be replaced by cassava flour, but trust our bakeries who are trying to save cost, they sometimes mix their wheat flour with close to 30% cassava flour. Even the wheat you buy in the market for home use is already mixed.

You will notice the unplesant after taste of most biscuits, sausage roll(gala) and even bread sold today. You will also notice that most bread in the market is very crumbly and spoils within one or two days after purchase. To make matters worse, my wife always get constipation after eating some brands of bread which never use to happen before. We suspect it is due to too much cassava flour.

So almost everybody buying bread in Nigeria has already consumed cassava bread.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 04, 2013
I don't like it at all.
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by Dhelake: 2:37pm On Jan 04, 2013
wirinet: You all have been eating cassava bread (and biscuits, gala, other confectionaries) since the middle of last year. The policy is that at least 10% of bread and confectionaries should be replaced by cassava flour, but trust our bakeries who are trying to save cost, they sometimes mix their wheat flour with close to 30% cassava flour. Even the wheat you buy in the market for home use is already mixed.

You will notice the unplesant after taste of most biscuits, sausage roll(gala) and even bread sold today. You will also notice that most bread in the market is very crumbly and spoils within one or two days after purchase. To make matters worse, my wife always get constipation after eating some brands of bread which never use to happen before. We suspect it is due to too much cassava flour.

So almost everybody buying bread in Nigeria has already consumed cassava bread.
maybe in the branded breads ... Buh d local breads(agege breads) hasnt change ooo ... Still normal
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by Abujafood: 3:20pm On Jan 04, 2013
Not yet but I guess it would have some taste of cassava in it?
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 04, 2013
No.

Have you tasted fried Ga...... angry

1 Like

Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 04, 2013
Maybe
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by hightechIT: 3:28pm On Jan 04, 2013
I don't eat raw bread..
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by honeric01(m): 3:33pm On Jan 04, 2013
Cassava wetin? didn't you hear the flood swept away all the cassava planted in Nigeria?
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by TheKingsQueen: 3:36pm On Jan 04, 2013
LOL. Are you guys expecting to see loaves of bread with "cassava bread" labels on them?
We've all been eating bread with some percentage of cassava flour in it.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by Dhelake: 3:37pm On Jan 04, 2013
honeric01: Cassava wetin? didn't you hear the flood swept away all the cassava planted in Nigeria?
was it available even before the flood
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by HerexG(m): 3:39pm On Jan 04, 2013
Must we wait for the FG to produce them for us, Nigerian barkers and investors should see this as a gold mine.

1 Like

Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by freesystem: 3:45pm On Jan 04, 2013
Cassava ni, cocoyam ko
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by Emmyk(m): 3:53pm On Jan 04, 2013
nope
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by 2legit2qwt: 3:54pm On Jan 04, 2013
Which one be cassava bread
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by honeric01(m): 3:58pm On Jan 04, 2013
Dhelake: was it available even before the flood
Then they just used 10 billion to plant them.
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by Homar(m): 3:58pm On Jan 04, 2013
Guys belive me when i tell you that you dont want to taste the bread talkless eat it . Its too taskeless and saltylike tasting . I ate the bread around 4 years ago when normal flour was scarce .
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by Eneze1(f): 4:04pm On Jan 04, 2013
have tasted it and its nice

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cow Oil (maishanu) / Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? / Puff Puff Recipe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.