Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,797 members, 7,806,205 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Have You Tasted Cassava Bread - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Have You Tasted Cassava Bread (8518 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo Eating Cassava Bread (Picture) / Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania / GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by feminineA: 4:04pm On Jan 04, 2013
If you have eaten utc bread in recent time then you've eaten. Cassava bread. Have eaten it. Very ok and it doesn't smell. Very nice
On utc bread wrapper its written there. Even their wheat bread is made of cassava flour
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by Ameboperoo(m): 4:06pm On Jan 04, 2013
Yes, it tastes like garri.
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by Demdem(m): 4:09pm On Jan 04, 2013
Aso gluttons have consumed them all.
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by honeric01(m): 4:17pm On Jan 04, 2013
Homar: Guys belive me when i tell you that you dont want to taste the bread talkless eat it . Its too taskeless and saltylike tasting . I ate the bread around 4 years ago when normal flour was scarce .

Eneze1: have tasted it and its nice
Who make we believe na?
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by Li2musty(m): 4:25pm On Jan 04, 2013
If i may say that bread is some hw tastless chai very bad taste.
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 04, 2013
No haven't seen it. Where is it sold? I guess it is only the President that eats it.
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by killuminati(m): 5:01pm On Jan 04, 2013
Na free?
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by razznaija(f): 5:15pm On Jan 04, 2013
Never have and never will.
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by earthgreeners(m): 5:20pm On Jan 04, 2013
Dhelake: Heard its been produced in FUNAAB(federal university of Agriculture Abeokuta) ... Hope i would get to taste it some day

FUNAAB don dey produce cassava bread even before GEJ dream to become president........
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by earthgreeners(m): 5:21pm On Jan 04, 2013
wirinet: You all have been eating cassava bread (and biscuits, gala, other confectionaries) since the middle of last year. The policy is that at least 10% of bread and confectionaries should be replaced by cassava flour, but trust our bakeries who are trying to save cost, they sometimes mix their wheat flour with close to 30% cassava flour. Even the wheat you buy in the market for home use is already mixed.

You will notice the unplesant after taste of most biscuits, sausage roll(gala) and even bread sold today. You will also notice that most bread in the market is very crumbly and spoils within one or two days after purchase. To make matters worse, my wife always get constipation after eating some brands of bread which never use to happen before. We suspect it is due to too much cassava flour.

So almost everybody buying bread in Nigeria has already consumed cassava bread.

u dey mad for dis tin wey u just talk...liar...bakeries plenty for my area and none of dem dey use cassava even UAC sef
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 04, 2013
Its Great.

Soft,fresh and refreshingly different especially if eaten with Alomo Bitters.
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by omowolewa: 5:48pm On Jan 04, 2013
cheesy Why not if not?! cheesy

Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by banku: 5:49pm On Jan 04, 2013
This is good news. It means cassava has been successfully customized to our taste since most people do not notice it. Even those on vacation in Nigeria do not notice it either. Great!
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by Bawss1(m): 6:01pm On Jan 04, 2013
Cassava bread is sold in the Park and Shop stores in Abuja. Honestly it tastes like regular bread, I didn't notice anything different when I had some
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by creativemusic: 6:07pm On Jan 04, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by contactlenz: 7:14pm On Jan 04, 2013
Its taste very nice. I bought it at FIIRO baking department, though they produce in small quantities because it is a research institute.
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by mamaafrik(m): 9:55pm On Jan 04, 2013
Dhelake: Heard its been produced in FUNAAB(federal university of Agriculture Abeokuta) ... Hope i would get to taste it some day
well datz wat Funaab use nt wheat & u cant diffentiate until afta 10 hours of productn when tasting setin.
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by Kobojunkie: 10:39pm On Jan 04, 2013
k2039: [color=soyouquotedme]
It's not as sweet as flour bread but it's sweeter than wheat bread.
[/color]

I hope you know the above makes no sense. Flour is made of wheat!
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by GeneralJ(m): 11:03pm On Jan 04, 2013
this does not affect the price of garri does it?
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by dokunbam(m): 2:18am On Jan 05, 2013
still looking forward to
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by phillip001(m): 7:16am On Jan 05, 2013
sweet potato flour is better
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by kodeya(m): 7:37am On Jan 05, 2013
Cassava bread is in lagos. It was invented in FIIRO where I did my IT. Though still made at a small scale, I must confess that CASSAVA BREAD is compared to none. One thing that should be noted is that cassava bread doesn't mean the bread is made wholly from cassava, but it is made up of 10% cassava flour.......
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by gomeek(f): 7:12pm On Jan 05, 2013
Yep, i have n tis nice
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by Jaykizz(m): 11:07pm On Jan 05, 2013
Yep. It was ok, bt I prefer the normal flour bread.
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by toygod2: 11:47pm On Jan 05, 2013
Nooo,waitin to taste
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by wirinet(m): 8:20am On Jan 06, 2013
earthgreeners:

u dey mad for dis tin wey u just talk...liar...bakeries plenty for my area and none of dem dey use cassava even UAC sef

please learn to comprehend better, re read the post you quoted again and tell me where i said bakeries use cassava. What i said is that bakeries use wheat flour mixed with some percentage of cassava flour. Even the flour you buy in the market already comes pre-mixed, that is why there is a wide price disparity of flour in the market. Pure unmixed wheat flour is very expensive due to government tariff on wheat flour.

UAC does not hide the fact that they use cassava flour for their bread and gala sausage.
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by project8(m): 8:51am On Jan 06, 2013
Dhelake: Good morning Nairalanders

posting this out of curiosity

Its almost a year since GEJ launched cassava bread .... I still cant get to eat the bread ....

Have u taste the bread??
Hw gud is it??...
Where can someone get it??
I wud ave loved to taste the bread bt then I remembered that my stomach is not a test object

1 Like

Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by HIV1: 2:44pm On Jan 06, 2013
Cassava bread to me is the same thing as Eba. I rather I eat Eba and Ewedu or Eba and Egusi but Cassava Bread (Eba) and Tea will not easily go through my oesophagus. grin
Re: Have You Tasted Cassava Bread by MATEX30: 11:11am On Feb 01, 2015
You can read more about Cassva Bread in Nigeria here - http://greenhealthyfarm..com/2015/01/have-you-tasted-new-cassava-bread.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? / Cow Oil (maishanu) / Puff Puff Recipe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.