Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,383 members, 7,808,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) (85736 Views)

Industrialisation Of Akwa Ibom Is Our Next Phase Of Uncommon Transformation / Stella Oduah Recieves Aviation Stakeholders Award For Uncommon Transformation / Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by ypzilanti: 4:44pm On Jan 04, 2013
Eko Ile: Akwa= Same budget like Lagos state

Akwa with only 3 million people and this is all the man has done? Where is the rest of the money?

Repeating the same phrase over and over again does not make what you are saying any sillier. Akwa Ibom was a backwoods...a virtual village settlement. I schooled in Calabar, so i know what i am talking about. From scratch, the guy elevated the place to an envied state in Nigeria.

For your information, corruption exists in the whole world. It is however only in Nigeria that we have total corruption: money allocated and stolen without any work done.

I am a supporter of Fashola for his serious efforts at managing a very peculiar state in Nigeria, but do you want to swear here that there is no corruption in his government?

Please learn to apreciate as well as criticize. It is only fear of God that makes Nigerian governors do the work they were elected to do. EFCC is a joke. If they want, they can steal every kobo and nothing will happen.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by phantom(m): 4:49pm On Jan 04, 2013
ypzilanti:

Repeating the same phrase over and over again does not make what you are saying any sillier. Akwa Ibom was a backwoods...a virtual village settlement. I schooled in Calabar, so i know what i am talking about. From scratch, the guy elevated the place to an envied state in Nigeria.

For your information, corruption exists in the whole world. It is however only in Nigeria that we have total corruption: money allocated and stolen without any work done.

I am a supporter of Fashola for his serious efforts at managing a very peculiar state in Nigeria, but do you want to swear here that there is no corruption in his government?

Please learn to apreciate as well as criticize. It is only fear of God that makes Nigerian governors do the work they were elected to do. EFCC is a joke. If they want, they can steal every kobo and nothing will happen.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin fashola dey try wella but he is simply OVERRATED.i do not think fashola has done more for his state than other good governors have done for theirs.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by ypzilanti: 4:53pm On Jan 04, 2013
phantom:
grin grin grin grin grin grin...i have told you before that your tin-god in lagos is overhyped you wouldnt listen.FASHOLA IS HIGHLY OVERRATED.get it into your head. i was in lagos a month ago and i just kept on laughing as i moved through that city.your man is all hype.i was soo soo disappointed.
lagos has 20 million.does fashola feed all 20millionno make me vex this new year o!! grin grin

Exactly! Building infrastructure has nothing to do with the number of people living in the area. That argument is more tenable for a state with a large space area to cover.

That said, I still think fashola has done well mainly in the administration of Lagos. In terms of infrastructural development during the same time span of 6 years for the two governors, Akpabio floors fashola. We also have to consider that administration was a bigger problem for Lagos, while Infrastructure was a bigger problem for Akwa Ibom.

I think both governors did well in the areas that needed the most attention. They are both good leadership materials.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by aribisala0(m): 4:59pm On Jan 04, 2013
One thing a lot of people seem to miss here is; a governor can do well without all these so called "projects" that is not the be all of governance. Education and empowerment are equally important too. In Akwa Ibom there is a strong problem of consciousness as anyone who knows that place will testify. There is a very high level of superstition and female abuse.They need to stop doing Houseboy and raise their game. It is a shame that very few people from that state are employed at a senior level in the oil industry. There are massive fishing potentials in that state being exploited by people from Ghana,Togo etc
These are areas where those coming after Akpabio must focus as he cannot solve all the problems himself.

I would judge a northern governor as doing well based on his performance in education/agriculture rather than roads. We must not forget that states like Benue,Nassarawa,Plateau are the food basket of the nation and they achieve that with government support. So not all government success is steel and concrete

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by akpanbaba: 5:03pm On Jan 04, 2013
SUNNYBOBO actually thinks and writes as bobo.He is one of the newly-discovered sycophants in 2013.Sunny Bobo did not post the graves of those Akwaibomites killed in this era of Uncommon Transformation of his Emperor.He should have shown the graves of Chief Robert Obot,Mrs Udonwa,the Ekpenyong brothers,Barrister Udonwa,Chief Paul Inyang,Mma Effanga,Faith Udoh,the two women who were killed during church service.......etc.Bobo is happy to take useless pictures because the blood of his parents or his relations was not used to build those places.Bobo please post the pictures of those who were brutally killed as well well as the pictures of these developments in all the local governments.Kindly post the pictures of all the old industries or companies reactivated by Akpabio to create employment for the youths.Check the rate of unemployment in Akwa Ibom from 2007 to the present date and compare it with other states in the South -south and SOuth east.If you cant give a balance information,i would advise you keep shut.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by ehispapa(m): 5:08pm On Jan 04, 2013
aribisala0:

Your comparison remains SUBJECTIVE.It is your opinion and there is no way to distinguish that from another opinion that states the opposite and claims Governor Modu Sheriff is better There are states that are 8 times the size of Akwa Ibom receiving a fraction of what he receives . How can you compare them
There is no effective tool to reliably compare performance between governors that fairly corrects for different variables like revenue,baseline infrastructure,population,literacy,etc. No two states face the same challenges so comparing governors is an exercise in futility you can only compare him,to some reasonable extent,with his predecessor and sucessor. How does one compare Obama with Mandela?

Just for the record he has a higher revenue than his predecessor and some projects were completed by his predecessor. Akwa Ibom started receiving higher revenues due to off shore production that has come online recently
you are right, but others should do something in relation to the size of its budget. they should just touch peoples life. shekina
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Abagworo(m): 5:08pm On Jan 04, 2013
Akpabio has not done much compared with the amount he's given. I opened Musiwa's link on 13% derivation and was stunned. Akpabio could easily be the richest man in Africa.

http://www.fmf.gov.ng/images/FAAC/faacrepDec2011.pdf

Open this file and you'll be amazed. To whom much is given, much is expected. Akwa-Ibom gets more fund than the entire Southeast combined or the entire SW excluding Lagos. Whole geopolitical zones get slightly more money than Akwa-Ibom.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:09pm On Jan 04, 2013
akpanbaba: SUNNYBOBO actually thinks and writes as bobo.He is one of the newly-discovered sycophants in 2013.Sunny Bobo did[b] not post the graves of those Akwaibomites killed[/b] in this era of Uncommon Transformation of his Emperor.He should have shown the graves of Chief Robert Obot,Mrs Udonwa,the Ekpenyong brothers,Barrister Udonwa,Chief Paul Inyang,Mma Effanga,Faith Udoh,the two women who were killed during church service.......etc.Bobo is happy to take useless pictures because the blood of his parents or his relations was not used to build those places.Bobo please post the pictures of those who were brutally killed as well well as the pictures of these developments in all the local governments.Kindly post the pictures of all the old industries or companies reactivated by Akpabio to create employment for the youths.Check the rate of unemployment in Akwa Ibom from 2007 to the present date and compare it with other states in the South -south and SOuth east.If you cant give a balance information,i would advise you keep shut.

Akpan da aba die? Dude, kindly take a look at the title of the thread. It says 'Pictures of Developments in Akwa Ibom State' and not pictures of graves in Akwa Ibom state. You can start a thread with that topic if you like, Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:11pm On Jan 04, 2013
Abagworo: Akpabio has not done much compared with the amount he's given. I opened Musiwa's link on 13% derivation and was stunned. Akpabio could easily be the richest man in Africa.

Open this file and you'll be amazed. To whom much is given, much is expected. Akwa-Ibom gets more fund than the entire Southeast combined or the entire SW excluding Lagos. Whole geopolitical zones get slightly more money than Akwa-Ibom.

How did you come to the conclusion above? Have you been to Akwa Ibom to see things for yourself or you are just judging from thefew pictures posted on here?
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Demdem(m): 5:15pm On Jan 04, 2013
I visit Akwa Ibom frequently and i admit Akpabio has done excellently well. he has no choice considering the huge resources going to the state. When one sees what Akpabio is doing and compare it to Udaughan, and of late Amaechi, u feel like cursing these ones. Still watching the bayelsa governor.
Amaechi was superb during the first tenure, but so far its really have been disappointing.

However the question is does these infrastructures match the revenue going into the state from FG? that i dont know and highly debatable.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by aribisala0(m): 5:20pm On Jan 04, 2013
Abagworo: Akpabio has not done much compared with the amount he's given. I opened Musiwa's link on 13% derivation and was stunned. Akpabio could easily be the richest man in Africa.

I don't know whether he has done much compared towhat he received but I am sure of one thing neither do you.

In order to make that kind of claim you need data not just beer parlour assertions "HE HAS NOT DONE MUCH"
What exactly is "much" do you know the cost of any single project,and are you able to dispute it eg the airport,library,IPP,his claimed free education,healthcare etc , Is there a gap between revenue and his delivered spend? Do you have evidence? .The reality is as long as there is an assymetry of information where data is unavailable to the public any assertion about whether or not he is underperforming is just like guessing whether the lady in front of you has shaved her pubic hair based on how she walks.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by thelastPope(m): 5:22pm On Jan 04, 2013

That you are reading and quoting musiwa, the resident NL clown says a lot about you. lol
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by thelastPope(m): 5:29pm On Jan 04, 2013
romanlaw:

am very disappointed at your statement. WHAT HAS LAGOS STATE DONE WITH ALL THEIR REVENUES WHICH IS RATED THE HIGHEST EVEN MORE THAN GHANA AS A COUNTRY.

Ignore the idiota. He is an Agbero on Lagos Island. He is only doing the Jagaban's bidding! grin

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by thelastPope(m): 5:34pm On Jan 04, 2013
The argument that he is working because of huge resources is laughable. The leaders of Nigeria since 1960 have had huge resources and done nada! A man works when he wants to work, not because of huge resources. Ibori had huge resources and spent 8 years chasing women about. Uduaghan has huge resources. Abia collects 13% derivation money. Sylva had huge resources. The new Bayelsa governor, Dickson has done more in a few months than Sylva did in 4 years with the same resources. That argument is totally flawed!
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by ypzilanti: 5:39pm On Jan 04, 2013
thelastPope: The argument that he is working because of huge resources is laughable. The leaders of Nigeria since 1960 have had huge resources and done nada! A man works when he wants to work, not because of huge resources. Ibori had huge resources and spent 8 years chasing women about. Uduaghan has huge resources. Abia collects 13% derivation money. Sylva had huge resources. The new Bayelsa governor, Dickson has done more in a few months than Sylva did in 4 years with the same resources. That argument is totally flawed!

The argument is akin to saying someone is generous just because he has money. It does not work that way. Tommorrow we will get a performing president and some people will say it is because we have oil money. Ha ha.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by thelastPope(m): 5:43pm On Jan 04, 2013
ypzilanti:

The argument is akin to saying someone is generous just because he has money. It does not work that way. Tommorrow we will get a performing president and some people will say it is because we have oil money. Ha ha.

You no tire for argument? Our fathers bad but this generation of youths no dey give me hope, I tell ya! grin
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Classicalman(m): 5:51pm On Jan 04, 2013
I'm antiPDP but must commend Gov Akpabio for a job welldone. As for Amaechi, he has not done much on infastructure. More than half of P.H roads are still bad and messd up. The traffic is chaotic. He should do more in that regards.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Abagworo(m): 6:00pm On Jan 04, 2013
aribisala0:
I don't know whether he has done much compared towhat he received but I am sure of one thing neither do you.

In order to make that kind of claim you need data not just beer parlour assertions "HE HAS NOT DONE MUCH"
What exactly is "much" do you know the cost of any single project,and are you able to dispute it eg the airport,library,IPP,his claimed free education,healthcare etc , Is there a gap between revenue and his delivered spend? Do you have evidence? .The reality is as long as there is an assymetry of information where data is unavailable to the public any assertion about whether or not he is underperforming is just like guessing whether the lady in front of you has shaved her pubic hair based on how she walks.

Akwaibom gets 20billion Naira per month while Bauchi gets 4billion per month. This means that Akwaibom can do everything Bauchi will dream of and still have spare 16billion to save. Is any of these projects worth up to 16billion? If you now multiply the extra 16billion by 6years, you'll be ashamed.

I actually do pass through Akwaibom once in a while and I saw the works done. The airport and Le meridien hotel were done by Victor Attah who received far less funds.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Classicalman(m): 6:01pm On Jan 04, 2013
Eko Ile: Akwa= Same budget like Lagos state

Akwa with only 3 million people and this is all the man has done? Where is the rest of the money?
Shut up Tribalist. Lagos as a former capital was developed mostly by federal might. All Fashola is doing is maintainance. Compare that with Uyo which more or less is starting from the scratch. What you should be calculating is how many new structures vis a vis the allocation. Olodo eko.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 04, 2013
the man de try abeg, to all those shouting human development, i say this, if the place de beautiful work go follow come as everybody go wan live for better place. more grease to your elbow jare. na the same thing mahattir mohammed do for malaysia and see how we de run go malaysia like ants
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Image123(m): 6:36pm On Jan 04, 2013
Abagworo:

Akwaibom gets 20billion Naira per month while Bauchi gets 4billion per month. This means that Akwaibom can do everything Bauchi will dream of and still have spare 16billion to save. Is any of these projects worth up to 16billion? If you now multiply the extra 16billion by 6years, you'll be ashamed.

I actually do pass through Akwaibom once in a while and I saw the works done. The airport and Le meridien hotel were done by Victor Attah who received far less funds.
This is a lie na, this is a lie. How can you say Attah was the one tyhat did the airport and the hotel? i guess if gej fails to deliver on his numerous promises, anybody who comes to actually implement the project will not be credited with it. Little wonder gej is promising heaven and pluto since folks like you will say he is the one that did it. If Bauchi gets 4billion per month, they would get about 48billion per year. Have they done anything remotely close to these pictures in the past 10years/ If you see something good, please say so.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 04, 2013

Wow!!! Some countries don't have this much!
If the government can't turn uyo to london in six years with this money, they have no business in governance!
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 04, 2013
Even with the huge revenue they have a very large external debt!
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by brown3: 6:53pm On Jan 04, 2013
Eko Ile:

You mean I need to go to akwa to see more than the images you people are switching over and reposting in this thread? i don't think so.

That man is fleecing that state astronomically it's unbelievable.

Let me teach you a little something about simple math in proportion to service deliver..

Lagos N497 billion/20 million with huge responsibilities and infrastructures to build and maintain.

Akwa Ibom N459 billion/3 million low responsibilities and infrastructures to build and maintain.

So do the math against what's in Akwa and the images in this thread.

smh...

is lagos state goverment feeding or housing the 20million population? Godswill apkabiol is the best governor of Nigeria. He deserve to be Nigeria president, Not overated noise making fashola.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by hercules07: 7:08pm On Jan 04, 2013
Image123:
This is a lie na, this is a lie. How can you say Attah was the one tyhat did the airport and the hotel? i guess if gej fails to deliver on his numerous promises, anybody who comes to actually implement the project will not be credited with it. Little wonder gej is promising heaven and pluto since folks like you will say he is the one that did it. If Bauchi gets 4billion per month, they would get about 48billion per year. Have they done anything remotely close to these pictures in the past 10years/ If you see something good, please say so.

It is not a lie, Attah built the hotel and started the airport.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by tawa89(f): 7:39pm On Jan 04, 2013
brown3: is lagos state goverment feeding or housing the 20million population? Godswill apkabiol is the best governor of Nigeria. He deserve to be Nigeria president, Not overated noise making fashola.
LMAO! Abeg take am easy wit am the guy may soon go commit suicide.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 7:46pm On Jan 04, 2013
phantom:
grin grin grin grin grin grin...i have told you before that your tin-god in lagos is overhyped you wouldnt listen.FASHOLA IS HIGHLY OVERRATED.get it into your head. i was in lagos a month ago and i just kept on laughing as i moved through that city.your man is all hype.i was soo soo disappointed.
[b]lagos has 20 million.does fashola feed all 20million[/b]no make me vex this new year o!! grin grin

Everything he does or plan has to be for 20 million people.

20 million means the following.

You need more schools and education resources in Lagos than Akwa

You need more hospitals and health resources than Akwa

You need more roads and maintenance for wear and tear of all state infrastructures than Akwa.

You need more resources to provide for and maintain the second largest civil service in West AFRICA.

You need more everything than Akwa.

An elementary school kid should be able to figure this out, but no surprise hear since your brain is below elementary.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Satama(m): 7:49pm On Jan 04, 2013
Wow, impressive pictures. Why the good roads we have in Akwa Ibom but NO TRAFFIC LIGHTS?
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by EkoIle1: 7:50pm On Jan 04, 2013
Classicalman: Shut up Tribalist. Lagos as a former capital was developed mostly by federal might. All Fashola is doing is maintainance. Compare that with Uyo which more or less is starting from the scratch. What you should be calculating is how many new structures vis a vis the allocation. Olodo eko.

What is federal government's business in Lagos apart from the bridge and roads they are too incompetent to maintain.

Ode illiterate..
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by kulikuli26: 7:51pm On Jan 04, 2013
Josh090: Even with the huge revenue they have a very large external debt!
please always check ur facts well before coming here to spew rubbish,akwaibom is not among states wit large external or internal debt rather u shd be talking about state like lagos despite their high IGR and privatisation of most public utilities.so honestly its only a fool like Eko-ile who wld compare this guy to his overrated fashola.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by thelastPope(m): 7:56pm On Jan 04, 2013
hercules07:

It is not a lie, Attah built the hotel and started the airport.

It is a black like from hell! Last time I stayed at the hotel, it wasn't even complete and that was way into Akpabio's rule. Attah started the work but Akpabio finished it and took it to another level. Some of you just talk nonsense on public forums. If Attah who left 6 years ago built the airport, why hasnt it been functioning since? Please some of you should stop making foools of yourself in the name of opposition. angry
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Abagworo(m): 8:02pm On Jan 04, 2013
thelastPope:

It is a black like from hell! Last time I stayed at the hotel, it wasn't even complete and that was way into Akpabio's rule. Attah started the work but Akpabio finished it and took it to another level. Some of you just talk nonsense on public forums. If Attah who left 6 years ago built the airport, why hasnt it been functioning since? Please some of you should stop making foools of yourself in the name of opposition. angry

In those evil days of Obasanjo’s dichotomy, I was given a mere  N600m (six hundred million naira) every month with which to run and develop Akwa Ibom State which was classified as non oil producing. This was considered the most wicked and tyrannical manipulation of the constitution and it went on for more than a year until the National Assembly passed the law that corrected it. Twenty governors – the nineteen northern governors and one other from the west challenged that law at the Supreme Court and lost. What more; why not let sleeping dogs lie!

Despite that, I was able to build an airport with a maintenance hangar and the best runway in the country; I built an Independent Power Plant (IPP) of 191 megawatt capacity; I built the Le-Meridien Hotel with a marina and a golf course that today is the tourists’ delight and the place of choice for conferences, retreats and business meetings; I built housing estates, hospitals, schools; I built roads; I gave the people pipe borne water and rural electrification.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/insights-into-onshore-offshore-dichotomy-by-obong-victor-attah/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

"My Father, Festus Oluwayi Is The Soldier Captured By Boko Haram" - Twitter User / Rochas Okorocha Leaving Imo Government House In Style (Photos) / Pictures Of Osinbajo Dripping That Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.