Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Ubuntu Linux - Computers (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ubuntu Linux (463140 Views)

Using Fedora Or Ubuntu Linux / Using Mtn Modem On Ubuntu Linux / Using Ubuntu Linux As Internet Gateway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:31pm On Nov 12, 2012
@ maleeq, i didnt want to go there, but frankly i think you should flash a custom rom. i recommend SlimBean from slimroms.net.

i just tried one and even the camera error is gone, it displays all files on both cards and is waaay better than anything samsung may cook as stock rom.

back up your stock rom and give it a try. if u dont like it u can simply restore your stock rom back
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Maleeq(m): 2:41pm On Nov 14, 2012
4llerbuntu: @ maleeq, i didnt want to go there, but frankly i think you should flash a custom rom. i recommend SlimBean from slimroms.net.

i just tried one and even the camera error is gone, it displays all files on both cards and is waaay better than anything samsung may cook as stock rom.

back up your stock rom and give it a try. if u dont like it u can simply restore your stock rom back
I fear bricking my phone! cheesy
But i'd give it a shot though...

I use AirDroid too...but I still want direct cable access to my file system...
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:23am On Nov 15, 2012
Maleeq:
I fear bricking my phone! cheesy
But i'd give it a shot though...

I use AirDroid too...but I still want direct cable access to my file system...

cable access is no big deal. u still wont have access to /system via cable.

hmmn do u have ADB access with a cable?

if u dont i suggest u install ADB. i think i posted the easiest way to install ADB on ubuntu as a regular system service 1 or 2 pages back. u could try that and read up some ADB commands to check if it works. if ADB works then regular file access ought to work.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by chocckidd: 2:01am On Nov 18, 2012
please i need a link to download the latest ubuntu...thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by Nobody: 2:43am On Nov 18, 2012
chocckidd: please i need a link to download the latest ubuntu...thanks
This is the Ubuntu 12.10 official link:

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by ciphoenix: 2:46am On Nov 18, 2012
ignore this post
Re: Ubuntu Linux by chocckidd: 1:17pm On Nov 26, 2012
pls i need help o..just downloaded the latest ubuntu and i want to dual boot it on a windows 7 pc through usb/flash drive .how do i make a bootable flashdrive?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by ciphoenix: 3:15pm On Nov 26, 2012
chocckidd: pls i need help o..just downloaded the latest ubuntu and i want to dual boot it on a windows 7 pc through usb/flash drive .how do i make a bootable flashdrive?
http://www.ubuntu.com/download/help/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows
Re: Ubuntu Linux by chocckidd: 5:31pm On Nov 26, 2012
Re: Ubuntu Linux by ciphoenix: 6:06pm On Nov 26, 2012
chocckidd: thanks boss
you're welcome sire
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:04am On Dec 03, 2012
u like?

clean!!

Re: Ubuntu Linux by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 03, 2012
^^
That is a pretty looking Desktop BG. Maybe another thread can be opened for 'Post Your Ubuntu Desktop Image'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:43am On Dec 06, 2012
Hey where is lynxnoon?

or anyone else, pls who knows how to sort out the internet connection thingy for WINE apps?

i remember i once solved the ish and posted it on a thread on NL i believe for lynxnoon, but for the life of me i cannot remember.

truth is i really do not want to download a whole host of stuff with a WINE script just to get it to work, i know its just 1 particular thingy i need to install but i cannot for the life of me remember what it is anymore. Its a windows lib/dll thingy
Re: Ubuntu Linux by brightk(m): 9:37pm On Dec 06, 2012
with all this our yeye internet connection how person go enjoy him linux desktop na.. i only install programs from the software center. installing them manually na war of dependencies. i tried using virtual box (offline) to virtual my xp as a guest os while my linux ubuntu sits as the host. it worked fine after some dependency shit. i come install video lan player (offline also). na there kasala burst for my laptop scrin. virtual box nor come de open again..

how can one go through the hassles of dependency problem on linux in general.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by blackweaver(m): 6:22am On Dec 07, 2012
brightk: with all this our yeye internet connection how person go enjoy him linux desktop na.. i only install programs from the software center. installing them manually na war of dependencies. i tried using virtual box (offline) to virtual my xp as a guest os while my linux ubuntu sits as the host. it worked fine after some dependency shit. i come install video lan player (offline also). na there kasala burst for my laptop scrin. virtual box nor come de open again..

how can one go through the hassles of dependency problem on linux in general.

for virtualbox i hope you git the generic version; as long as you have your kernel headers you generally shouldn't have any issues with dependencies since it contains most of what u need already and what it doesn't have it compiles in the installation process. For vlc i can't remember sha, the generic one might work too

...though you might need to get some qt libs sha
Re: Ubuntu Linux by purplekayc(m): 2:37pm On Dec 12, 2012
why is so long 2 update ubuntu? is it so/
Re: Ubuntu Linux by purplekayc(m): 11:26am On Dec 15, 2012
Where can I get good games 4 my ubuntu?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by vanchi(m): 7:54am On Dec 17, 2012
Ciphoenix please if you have d means of getting mtn bis to work on an android phone please kindly send it to me please

Uchuchinedu@gmail.com
ciphoenix: you're welcome sire
Re: Ubuntu Linux by vanchi(m): 9:46am On Dec 17, 2012
vanchi: Ciphoenix please if you have d means of getting mtn bis to work on an android phone please kindly send it to me please

Uchuchinedu@gmail.com

@ciphoenix please if it was you who sent me a mail pls resend to my gmail. For some strange reason I can't access my mailbox on yahoo. Had to switch to my gmail

If not you then I'm stI'll expecting urban reply. Thanx
Re: Ubuntu Linux by ciphoenix: 2:52pm On Dec 17, 2012
vanchi:

@ciphoenix please if it was you who sent me a mail pls resend to my gmail. For some strange reason I can't access my mailbox on yahoo. Had to switch to my gmail

If not you then I'm stI'll expecting urban reply. Thanx
i'll send it again.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:56pm On Dec 17, 2012

1 Like

Re: Ubuntu Linux by vanchi(m): 7:16pm On Dec 17, 2012
ciphoenix: i'll send it again.
I'm still waiting bros Ciphoenix
Re: Ubuntu Linux by vanchi(m): 7:16pm On Dec 17, 2012
Uchuchinedu@gmail.com
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:54pm On Dec 18, 2012
[size=18pt]Please vote the Ashipa of Lagos AKA 4llerbuntu for Phone Section Poster Of The Year https://www.nairaland.com/1119868/2012-phone-section-poster-year/ [/size]
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:55pm On Dec 20, 2012
[size=14pt]Ubuntu 12.04/12.10 -easy way to save flash videos and streams from firefox
[/size]
With a text editor, save the code below into file named "getvids.sh".
Move it to the location you want to save videos.
Right-click on the file, go to Properties, Change the Permissions to "Allow executing as a program".

All you have to do is double click the script, select "Run in Terminal", and it will save all video files to that directory.

To save the whole video, it has to be finished loading in your browser.

It will save videos from almost any website, including youtube, vimeo, dailymotion, metacafe, liveleak, facebook. Just delete any video files you don't want.

(If a video you want is not getting saved, then the website is probably using a proprietary stream format that can't be saved by any cache retrieving program. Examples: Hulu, netflix, some youtube videos?) Also, VLC player is a great for watching flash videos.

#!/usr/bin/env bash
# getvids.sh [save_folder]

SAVE_FOLDER="$HOME" # User editable

# If the below option is used, then this script should be run in a terminal.
#CPMOD="-i" # Uncomment to prevent file overwrites

PATERN="libflashplayer"
ALL_PID=`pgrep -f $PATERN`

if [ $? -eq 1 ]; then
echo ERROR: Flashplayer not running
exit 1
fi

if [ ! -z $1 ]; then
echo "Setting save location: $1"
SAVE_FOLDER="$1"
fi

if [ ! -d "$SAVE_FOLDER" ]; then
echo "Save location doesn't exist: $SAVE_FOLDER"
exit 1
fi

for PID in $ALL_PID; do
declare -a OUTFILES=($(ls -lt1 /proc/$PID/fd | grep '/tmp/Flash' | sed 's/^.*\/tmp\///' | sed 's/\ .*$//'))
declare -a FDS=($(ls -lt1 /proc/$PID/fd | grep '/tmp/Flash' | awk '{ print $9 }' ))
for ((i=0; i<${#FDS[@]}; i++)); do
saveas="$SAVE_FOLDER/${OUTFILES[i]}.flv"
echo "Copying video ${FDS[i]} to $saveas"
cp $CPMOD "/proc/$PID/fd/${FDS[i]}" "$saveas"
done
done

2 Likes

Re: Ubuntu Linux by heroesvpn: 9:42pm On Dec 20, 2012
ubuntu is the best for setup vpn server

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:44am On Jan 03, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoXpLUr5WB4

Have you guys seen this?

I think i now have what is gonna take me away from android grin grin grin

sweet concepts. like the BB OS Peek thingy.

gonna watch the presentation now.

I JUST HOPE THIS WILL FOLLOW THE DESKTOP EXAMPLE AND GET PORTED TO MULTIPLE HARDWARE>
Re: Ubuntu Linux by ciphoenix: 9:00am On Jan 03, 2013
4llerbuntu:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoXpLUr5WB4

Have you guys seen this?

I JUST HOPE THIS WILL FOLLOW THE DESKTOP EXAMPLE AND GET PORTED TO MULTIPLE HARDWARE>
i knew it was only going to be a matter of time cheesy
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:53am On Jan 04, 2013
Re: Ubuntu Linux by blackweaver(m): 12:47pm On Jan 04, 2013
4llerbuntu:

Have you guys seen this?

Haha, i was wondering when you were going to comment on it.

Anyway sha, you'll still have to wait a year at the least before you get a non-developer phone that runs the os

i hope by then there'sll be a few decent apps sha
Re: Ubuntu Linux by blackweaver(m): 12:55pm On Jan 04, 2013
i also hope there are lots of apps that work offline, it would be a total fail if to use any app i would need an internet connection.
i also wonder if it will be binary compatible with desktop ubuntu (hmm suddenly thinking dependencies)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (175) (Reply)

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.