Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. (20649 Views)

Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants / Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here / What Is The Average Pay Of Chartered Accountants In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 04, 2013
Pls i am a graduate (Dec.2012) of Accountancy Profession, waiting to carryout my NYSC by March 2013 and aspiring to be Chartered by the end of my service year.

It is the purpose of this thread to seek candid advises from the abundant wealth of knowledgeable and experienced Qualified Chartered Accountants on this forum, so as to help us be in the know with successful tips in actualizing this dream of becoming a Chartered Accountants as we embark on the programme in this noble profession.

Pls we'll appreciate all your useful answers to questions you wil consider reasonable from participants on this forum.

Help raise leaders like YOU in the profession and God will reward you greatly.

Thank you in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by teejanjan: 3:07pm On Jan 04, 2013
Am a graduate of mathematics,I will like to be a Qualified Chartered Accountants too,hw do I go about dis ,thanks God bless.
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 04, 2013
teejanjan: Am a graduate of mathematics,I will like to be a Qualified Chartered Accountants too,hw do I go about dis ,thanks God bless.

I kno it's possible if u ar determined no matter wat u studied.
Your interest in the profession wil be made manifest as i believe the answers you need wil arrive shortly..

Meet you at d top....
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 04, 2013
Pls will ICAN change its syllabe as result of the new adopted standards(IFRS) in Accounting profession?...pls share ur views.
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 04, 2013
What exactly do you want?
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 04, 2013
Cajetan speaks: What exactly do you want?

1. How many stage(s) of exam is required to be chartered?
2. What is required of one who is not in accountancy profession and wants to be chartered?
3. How many years does it takes to qualify as chartered accountant?
4. Why do people view the programme as a difficult one?
5. What are the possible tips that can help one pass the diets without repeating?

Thanks
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Nobody: 12:15am On Jan 05, 2013
Onainor Samuel :
Pls will ICAN change its syllabe as result of the new adopted standards(IFRS) in Accounting profession?...pls share ur views.

Nigeria is set to adopt IFRS this year... consequently ICAN with Nig Accounting Standard Board are working tirelessly in reviewing their standard in line with the current global development
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Nobody: 6:53am On Jan 05, 2013
TEXZLEM:

Nigeria is set to adopt IFRS this year... consequently ICAN with Nig Accounting Standard Board are working tirelessly in reviewing their standard in line with the current global development

thank you...pls keep it coming
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Paulipopor: 9:05am On Jan 05, 2013
Onainor Samuel :

1. How many stage(s) of exam is required to be chartered?
2. What is required of one who is not in accountancy profession and wants to be chartered?
3. How many years does it takes to qualify as chartered accountant?
4. Why do people view the programme as a difficult one?
5. What are the possible tips that can help one pass the diets without repeating?

Thanks
i'll answer ur questions one after the other-
1 ican professional level has 4 stages. Foundation, intermediate, PE 1 and PE 2. If you're an accounting graduate (Hnd or Bsc) you'll start from PE 1(i.e. 2 stages). Others courses depending on relativity to business are granted exemptions to start from either foundation or intermediate.
2. Exams are written twice a year. May and November (they are called diets). You can write PE1 May diet and PE 2 in November diet.
3 thats a year if you'r an accounting graduate.
4. The programme is viewed difficult because people are 'lazy'. You get it easy in school and you're given 2.1 or 2.2 w/out much stress but with ICAN you must READ, i repeat READ b4 you can pass it. Its not cheap at all. There's no easy way out.
5. For best result and easy preparation i'll suggest that you attend lectures. Then read with past questions and get the required materials.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Paulipopor: 9:13am On Jan 05, 2013
Onainor Samuel :
Nigeria officially adopted IFRS January 2012. ICAN has been IFRS compliant since 2010 May diet. Notwithstanding, with the full implementation of IFRS, a newer syllabus should be out b4 2015, thats the usual custom of ICAN. Syllabus is reviewed every 5years.
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Paulipopor: 9:19am On Jan 05, 2013
I'll entertain further questions
or visit www.ican-ngr.org
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 05, 2013
Paulipopor: I'll entertain further questions

You have been helpful...

1. Pls if one get registered in the east zone as at the time of registration, is it possible for one to write the exam maybe in the west zone?
2. Is it possible or what would advise one who is currently working in an oganised instutition (bank) and wants to pursue this dream considering all constriants to achieving success in the ICAN exam?
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Paulipopor: 10:03am On Jan 05, 2013
Onainor Samuel :

You have been helpful...

1. Pls if one get registered in the east zone as at the time of registration, is it possible for one to write the exam maybe in the west zone?
2. Is it possible or what would advise one who is currently working in an oganised instutition (bank) and wants to pursue this dream considering all constriants to achieving success in the ICAN exam?
1. you can register anywhere in Nigeria and write anywhere in Nigeria. You decide where you want to write when you register for the exams.
2. I don't quite get ur 2nd question. But you can work in any organisation and still do your ICAN, infact it gives you an edge with the reforms in the banking sector and all. All you need to achieve success in ICAN is to have a good plan and stick to it . I've bankers friend who are qualified and are doing well.
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 05, 2013
Paulipopor:
1. you can register anywhere in Nigeria and write anywhere in Nigeria. You decide where you want to write when you register for the exams.
2. I don't quite get ur 2nd question. But you can work in any organisation and still do your ICAN, infact it gives you an edge with the reforms in the banking sector and all. All you need to achieve success in ICAN is to have a good plan and stick to it . I've bankers friend who are qualified and are doing well.

thank you Sir.

pls in ur ealier post u talked abt materials, wat neccessary study materials wuld you recommend for me?
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Paulipopor: 10:47am On Jan 05, 2013
Onainor Samuel :

thank you Sir.

pls in ur ealier post u talked abt materials, wat neccessary study materials wuld you recommend for me?
i believe you'll be preparing for PE1. You'll do Financial Accounting(FA) , Management Accounting(MA), Information Technology(IT) and Advance Audit and Assurance (AAA). All of these papers have 'ICAN packs' apart from those packs, for FA, there's no one single book for it. Even the ones you used in school will be useful. For MA you can get Adeníji plus the ones you used in school. For IT, the pack is most comprehensive material to use, you can depend on the internet for other materials. For AAA, get Adeníji as well (i used Accounting Today. Its a foreign book). AAA is a practical paper and you'll require several case studies to master each topic. The internet is very useful apart from the ones i've 'highlighted'

2 Likes

Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 05, 2013
Paulipopor:
i believe you'll be preparing PE1. You'll do Financial Accounting(FA) , Management Accounting(MA), Information Technology(IT) and Advance Audit and Assurance (AAA). All of these papers have 'ICAN packs' apart from those packs, for FA, there's no one single book for it. Even the ones you used in school will be useful. For MA you can get Adeníji plus the ones you used in school. For IT, the pack is most comprehensive material to use, you can depend on the internet for other materials. For AAA, get Adeníji as well (i used Accounting Today. Its a foreign book). AAA is a practical paper and you'll require several case studies to master each topic. The internet is very useful apart from the ones i've 'highlighted'

I'm very grateful to you Sir. Pls do visit this thread frm time to time to enlighten us as further questions may unfold.

God bless you real gud.
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Paulipopor: 11:12am On Jan 05, 2013
Onainor Samuel :

I'm very grateful to you Sir. Pls do visit this thread frm time to time to enlighten us as further questions may unfold.

God bless you real gud.
you're most welcome and don't use sir for me abeg. I be young boy.gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 05, 2013
Paulipopor:
you're most welcome and don't use sir for me abeg. I be young boy.gringringrin

hahahahahah......noted.

Thank you
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by ednut1(m): 7:18pm On Jan 06, 2013
wish to finish ican dis year,started from ats, passed may 2011 pe1 diet, since den hav nt hd d will power to face dis bloody pe2, backed out twice due to fear, despite havin 100 percent record from ats 1 to pe1, i deserve a slap
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Nobody: 11:13am On Jan 07, 2013
ednut1: wish to finish ican dis year,started from ats, passed may 2011 pe1 diet, since den hav nt hd d will power to face dis bloody pe2, backed out twice due to fear, despite havin 100 percent record from ats 1 to pe1, i deserve a slap

lol..sowie about dat.. I have a banker friend who when i asked him about his ICAN pursuit, said he backed out twice as well dat it's not easy.

Op pls wat is d challenge dat made u back out?
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Umunede(m): 12:04pm On Jan 07, 2013
Onainor Samuel :

lol..sowie about dat.. I have a banker friend who when i asked him about his ICAN pursuit, said he backed out twice as well dat it's not easy.

can u send me a soft copy of all the ICAN pack from fondation to pe2? i use to see them on their site but it is not there again
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by bukhorlar(f): 6:58pm On Jan 07, 2013
Pls, aw much shud 1 av @least to take ICAN
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Paulipopor: 8:40pm On Jan 07, 2013
bukhorlar: Pls, aw much shud 1 av @least to take ICAN
what stage do you intend to write?
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by ednut1(m): 7:17pm On Jan 09, 2013
Onainor Samuel :

lazyness, nd anoda one clash wit my skul exam, d last one clash wit camp and i no fit go read for nysc camp
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 09, 2013
ednut1: lazyness, nd anoda one clash wit my skul exam, d last one clash wit camp and i no fit go read for nysc camp

lol...thanks
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Elacutey(f): 11:50pm On Jan 10, 2013
I want 2 sit 4 d pe1 dis may diet.pls I want 2 knw when is d right time 2 register 4 d exams and when 2 start attending lectures 4 it as I will b goin 4 nysc batch A dis march.pls I need answers urgently cos am so confused right now.thanks.
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Paulipopor: 7:23am On Jan 11, 2013
Elacutey: I want 2 sit 4 d pe1 dis may diet.pls I want 2 knw when is d right time 2 register 4 d exams and when 2 start attending lectures 4 it as I will b goin 4 nysc batch A dis march.pls I need answers urgently cos am so confused right now.thanks.
there's no need to be agitated. Relax your mind. You ought to have started lectures first week in January if you want to write May diet. Nonetheless, you can start now and you'll still meet up. Registration for May diet will start in march. Endeavor to register close to were you'll be serving. You can do this when you leave camp. Camping is a 3weeks programme (highest 5week, considering other activities b4 you return home). You can continue your lectures after camp. That will mean that while in camp, you should make up for the time for the lectures by taking time-out to read.
I hope this help?

1 Like

Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 11, 2013
Paulipopor:
there's no need to be agitated. Relax your mind. You ought to have started lectures first week in January if you want to write May diet. Nonetheless, you can start now and you'll still meet up. Registration for May diet will start in march. Endeavor to register close to were you'll be serving. You can do this when you leave camp. Camping is a 3weeks programme (highest 5week, considering other activities b4 you return home). You can continue your lectures after camp. That will mean that while in camp, you should make up for the time for the lectures by taking time-out to read.
I hope this help?

Thank you for keeping in touch wit this thread...
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Elacutey(f): 9:40pm On Jan 12, 2013
Thanks 4 d info @paulipopor. It's helpful.
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by CelebrityP: 8:28am On Jan 13, 2013
Am a graduate of economics, still awaiting service in march, i want to take d exam for may, been trying to find a class in abuja bt cant get any with morning session, will be glad if somone points me to do right direction
Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by joeinfo: 2:49pm On Jan 13, 2013
To everybody in the house.Why not try ACCA which is far more advantageous than ICAN.As a matter of fact you spend lesser time with ACCA and it has a global recognition.And with your ACCA certifcate you can obtain ICAN certificate without writing any exams in ICAN,but if you have ICAN,you will have to write 5 exams to get ACCA certifcate.with ACCA certifcate you can get ghanian version of ican without exams too.You will also be awarded a BSC form oxford brookes university on completion of stage two of the exams.you can do your NYSC with the oxford brookes bsc.
for more info send mail to accamaster@yahoo.com.

1 Like

Re: Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. by Paulipopor: 3:25pm On Jan 13, 2013
@ joe info you need to be updated. It seems you know little about Acca. You can do your ICAN within a year i.e. PE1 in May and PE2 in November if you're an accounting graduate(wether Hnd or bsc) but with the same qualification you'll write 9papers and thats minimum of 2years as you're not allowed to write more than 4papers per diet.
Mind you WEF from last year there's no more direct conversion from Acca to ICAN.
Don't try to scam people with your fake Acca 'expert' advise.
@y'all don't be deceived.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Stop On Budgetary Allocations: We've Been Self-financing Since '90 - ICAN To FG / Nigerian Police Officer Sleeps In Mud After Getting Drunk (VIDEO) / Nine Things Nigerian Bankers Hate About Their Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.