Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Lyrics Of Timi Dakolo's "Great Nation" (Beautiful Anthem For Our Dear Country) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Lyrics Of Timi Dakolo's "Great Nation" (Beautiful Anthem For Our Dear Country) (64284 Views)

Video Of Timi Dakolo: Great Nation / Lyrics Of Molowo Noni By Samklef Ft. Wizkid, D'prince And Iceprince / Need The Lyrics Of "bianule" By Samsung (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lyrics Of Timi Dakolo's "Great Nation" (Beautiful Anthem For Our Dear Country) by NiceKid2(f): 4:40pm On Jan 04, 2013
Here is TIMI DAKOLO's "GREAT NATION" LYRICS (beautiful anthem indeed. Should be Nigeria's second or alternative National Anthem)

Here we stand as a people
With one song: with one voice
We're a nation: undivided and poised
We will take our stand: and build our land
With faith: to defend what we love

Here we are as a people
With one heart: for one cause
We're determined: to rebuild and restore
Where freedom reigns: and truth prevails
A land where there's hope for us all (2x)

(Chorus)
We're all we have, we'll defend our land
We believe in this nation, and we know we'll get there
We believe in Nigeria and the promise she holds
And that one day we'll shine like the sun
We're a great nation

Though we are many people
Different tribes: different tongues
We're united in our strength and resolve
To uphold the honour of our land
And for generations to come

(Chorus)
We believe in this nation, and we know we'll get there
We believe in Nigeria and the promise she holds
And that one day we'll shine like the sun
We’re a great nation

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lyrics Of Timi Dakolo's "Great Nation" (Beautiful Anthem For Our Dear Country) by Afam4eva(m): 5:09pm On Jan 04, 2013
I actually wish it could be used as a replacement for our current anthem. I liked it the first time i heard it.

3 Likes

Re: Lyrics Of Timi Dakolo's "Great Nation" (Beautiful Anthem For Our Dear Country) by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:19pm On Jan 04, 2013
Nice lyrics.
Re: Lyrics Of Timi Dakolo's "Great Nation" (Beautiful Anthem For Our Dear Country) by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 04, 2013
Mediocre and really the current one or the old one still beat it.. But nice job.
Re: Lyrics Of Timi Dakolo's "Great Nation" (Beautiful Anthem For Our Dear Country) by BeraBera(f): 7:27pm On Jan 06, 2013
This is a nice effort towards re-awakening our national consciousness.

1 Like

Re: Lyrics Of Timi Dakolo's "Great Nation" (Beautiful Anthem For Our Dear Country) by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:00am On Jan 07, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2OhlyXx3kE

He has a nice voice; these are the kind of Nigerians we should be celebrating as our best musicians, and not bland singers like T****e.

2 Likes

Re: Lyrics Of Timi Dakolo's "Great Nation" (Beautiful Anthem For Our Dear Country) by koruji(m): 12:36am On Jan 07, 2013
I agree!.

afam4eva: I actually wish it could be used as a replacement for our current anthem. I liked it the first time i heard it.
Re: Lyrics Of Timi Dakolo's "Great Nation" (Beautiful Anthem For Our Dear Country) by Obedabs(m): 2:53pm On Apr 17, 2013
Wow,i hrd ds song 4 d first tym yestrday nd frm them til 2pm 2day i've listened 2 it ovr 30 tyms,it's jst too good. Twil make a gud replacement 4 our current anthem

1 Like

Re: Lyrics Of Timi Dakolo's "Great Nation" (Beautiful Anthem For Our Dear Country) by Bosukeme(m): 3:30pm On Jul 03, 2013
Nice song! cheesy
if i was to be the president of dis country, this wld be the new national anthem
Re: Lyrics Of Timi Dakolo's "Great Nation" (Beautiful Anthem For Our Dear Country) by Maxymilliano(m): 5:04pm On Jul 03, 2013
Heard this song few months ago performed by Timi at an event and was kinda enthralled. I like it ...
Re: Lyrics Of Timi Dakolo's "Great Nation" (Beautiful Anthem For Our Dear Country) by mrwash(m): 3:07pm On Jul 23, 2013
Afam4eva: I actually wish it could be used as a replacement for our current anthem. I liked it the first time i heard it.
Re: Lyrics Of Timi Dakolo's "Great Nation" (Beautiful Anthem For Our Dear Country) by mrwash(m): 3:08pm On Jul 23, 2013
Afam4eva: I actually wish it could be used as a replacement for our current anthem. I liked it the first time i heard it.
same here, love at 1st listening.

1 Like

Re: Lyrics Of Timi Dakolo's "Great Nation" (Beautiful Anthem For Our Dear Country) by duality(m): 5:50pm On Jul 23, 2013
This is the best song to hit Nigerian air ways in the last 12 months. I sing this song everyday. unfortunately people hardly sing songs like this. what we have is linpopo and other demonic songs.

God bless Timi!!!

5 Likes

Re: Lyrics Of Timi Dakolo's "Great Nation" (Beautiful Anthem For Our Dear Country) by drstan(m): 11:15pm On Aug 14, 2013
Where can one download the song, the first time i had the song God! I was totaly amaze at the lyrics and voice,,,,
Re: Lyrics Of Timi Dakolo's "Great Nation" (Beautiful Anthem For Our Dear Country) by chellsee: 7:21am On Oct 02, 2013
@drstan, You can download the song from www.tubidy.com.

Just type Timi Dakolo - Great nation. It will bring up some links. Click on it which would further bring up links for video and audio downloads.

For the video download, 3gp Video; For audio, mp3 audio and voila.
Re: Lyrics Of Timi Dakolo's "Great Nation" (Beautiful Anthem For Our Dear Country) by ayewosa(m): 4:09am On Dec 12, 2013
My God this is the best song have heard in a long while. Great lyrics, great voice and great video. God bless timi dakolo for this wonderful theme song.
This are the type of musicians we need in this country, not those that sings rubbish and uses girls with big butt to shot videos.

3 Likes

Re: Lyrics Of Timi Dakolo's "Great Nation" (Beautiful Anthem For Our Dear Country) by drstan(m): 7:20am On Dec 12, 2013
ayewosa: My God this is the best song have heard in a long while. Great lyrics, great voice and great video. God bless timi dakolo for this wonderful theme song.
This are the type of musicians we need in this country, not those that sings rubbish and uses girls with big butt to shot videos.
1000like

1 Like

Re: Lyrics Of Timi Dakolo's "Great Nation" (Beautiful Anthem For Our Dear Country) by Tobbie9(m): 9:03am On Dec 12, 2013
Way better than the uninspiring one from onyeka onwenu and co
Re: Lyrics Of Timi Dakolo's "Great Nation" (Beautiful Anthem For Our Dear Country) by Brimmie(m): 9:30am On Dec 12, 2013
duality: This is the best song to hit Nigerian air ways in the last 12 months. I sing this song everyday. unfortunately people hardly sing songs like this. what we have is linpopo and other demonic songs.

God bless Timi!!!
Naah.. Not the Best Song.. But one of the Best Songs this year.

Go hear BrymO – Merchants, Dealers & Slaves (Extended Version)
Re: Lyrics Of Timi Dakolo's "Great Nation" (Beautiful Anthem For Our Dear Country) by pigin: 10:31am On Dec 12, 2013
The song too long.. to be national anthem, the tin sound like church song.
Re: Lyrics Of Timi Dakolo's "Great Nation" (Beautiful Anthem For Our Dear Country) by vally123(m): 2:09pm On Dec 28, 2013
Dis is a song dat wen we sing n hear always will awoken d giant in us, streengthen our unity, patrotism n love 4 our nation. Dis wot will take us 2 our greatness. One day, we will all sing dis song 2geda as a nation celebrating GOD's gudness n HIS fulfilment of in our nation. GOD bless 9ga

3 Likes

Re: Lyrics Of Timi Dakolo's "Great Nation" (Beautiful Anthem For Our Dear Country) by longsam: 7:09pm On Aug 11, 2014
Any time I hear this song my heart wish this nation to be peaceful and loving again.God bless Timi,nice voice and beautiful lyrics.
Re: Lyrics Of Timi Dakolo's "Great Nation" (Beautiful Anthem For Our Dear Country) by kento12: 10:44pm On Aug 21, 2014
i must confess.... Dis song is always a source of inspiration 2 me.... Tnk u Timi
Re: Lyrics Of Timi Dakolo's "Great Nation" (Beautiful Anthem For Our Dear Country) by VanUrch(m): 9:42am On Aug 23, 2014
Can't believe ds song is over a year old nd I hrd 4 d 1st tym comin 2 d nysc orientation camp....nice song....reawakening...way to go Timi
Re: Lyrics Of Timi Dakolo's "Great Nation" (Beautiful Anthem For Our Dear Country) by jornie(m): 6:56pm On Aug 25, 2014
G

1 Like

Re: Lyrics Of Timi Dakolo's "Great Nation" (Beautiful Anthem For Our Dear Country) by drstan(m): 8:41pm On Aug 25, 2014
Mod front page pls, this can encourage those that have lost hope in our dear nation.
Re: Lyrics Of Timi Dakolo's "Great Nation" (Beautiful Anthem For Our Dear Country) by drstan(m): 8:55pm On Aug 25, 2014
pigin: The song too long.. to be national anthem, the tin sound like church song.
how church song they sound, you never hear mosque song?
Re: Lyrics Of Timi Dakolo's "Great Nation" (Beautiful Anthem For Our Dear Country) by openmine(m): 10:30am On Oct 02, 2014
listened to this beautiful song yesterday just re-awakened something inside of me.....we seriously need such songs in times like dis ...dimi dakolo is amazing with his unique voice... smiley

1 Like

Re: Lyrics Of Timi Dakolo's "Great Nation" (Beautiful Anthem For Our Dear Country) by internetpo(m): 11:06pm On Mar 01, 2015
Listened to this music for the 1st time. mean! powerful song, inspiring. cant get enough of it. have put it on repeat. make me have faith in this country. Wonderful for re-awakening patriotic consciousness. Thank you Timi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lyrics Of Timi Dakolo's "Great Nation" (Beautiful Anthem For Our Dear Country) by Easyceszy: 3:11pm On Apr 16, 2015
The First Day I Heard This Song, I Was Enthralled And Over Inspired... I So Love The Song, Using It As A Replacement For Country's Anthem, Wouldn't Hurt At All, It'd Be A Good Thing To Know...I Just Can't Stop Repeating It..I Love It..Thank You Timi And God Bless You For Fitting Life In Some Fainted Souls In Our Country..More Of This Wouldn't Hurt.

3 Likes

Re: Lyrics Of Timi Dakolo's "Great Nation" (Beautiful Anthem For Our Dear Country) by Aringon(m): 9:14am On Sep 22, 2015
This song should trend on twitter, this is the best song that's inspired me concerning my Great Nation Nigeria, God bless Nigeria and Timi Dakolo
Re: Lyrics Of Timi Dakolo's "Great Nation" (Beautiful Anthem For Our Dear Country) by hollic11(m): 12:38am On Sep 24, 2015
0lumide:
Mediocre and really the current one or the old one still beat it.. But nice job.
too bad u called a good piece like that mediocre

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Davido Weds Chioma In “1 Milli” Music Video / Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular / Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.