Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,829 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:38 PM

My Acura 3.5 Body Alway shaking Vigorously When Ever A/C is ON What Can I Do? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Acura 3.5 Body Alway shaking Vigorously When Ever A/C is ON What Can I Do? (1028 Views)

Car Shakes And Vibrates Vigorously When AC Is Put On! / Advice On Acura 3.2TL 2002 Model / Help:my Dashboard Vibrates Whenever My A/c Is On And The Car Is On Hold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Acura 3.5 Body Alway shaking Vigorously When Ever A/C is ON What Can I Do? by Elsafema: 5:37pm On Jan 04, 2013
When ever i ON AC the whole body will b shaking expecialy when i am in hold up and my leg is on break. What can i do?
Re: My Acura 3.5 Body Alway shaking Vigorously When Ever A/C is ON What Can I Do? by Jucol(m): 11:36pm On Jan 04, 2013
Sounds funny grin grin. I would suspect the idling speed(engine rpm)is low. If that is not the cause, then check all the engine and gearbox mountings(sittings).
Hope this helps.
Re: My Acura 3.5 Body Alway shaking Vigorously When Ever A/C is ON What Can I Do? by Elsafema: 6:48am On Jan 05, 2013
@ juco thanks whice one is engine rpm? And ur second point i think u mean engine and gearbox seat
Re: My Acura 3.5 Body Alway shaking Vigorously When Ever A/C is ON What Can I Do? by redcliff: 8:04am On Jan 05, 2013
Did you have an exhaust problem prior to this recurring incidence?
Re: My Acura 3.5 Body Alway shaking Vigorously When Ever A/C is ON What Can I Do? by Elsafema: 9:49am On Jan 05, 2013
redcliff: Did you have an exhaust problem prior to this recurring incidence?
i dont understand u
Re: My Acura 3.5 Body Alway shaking Vigorously When Ever A/C is ON What Can I Do? by redcliff: 12:12pm On Jan 05, 2013
when did you start noticing this?
Re: My Acura 3.5 Body Alway shaking Vigorously When Ever A/C is ON What Can I Do? by Elsafema: 12:21pm On Jan 05, 2013
redcliff: when did you start noticing this?
almost since the time i bought it 2yr ago but the shaking was minima then.
Re: My Acura 3.5 Body Alway shaking Vigorously When Ever A/C is ON What Can I Do? by Jucol(m): 2:58pm On Jan 05, 2013
The Tachometer on the dashboard shows the revolutions per minute(RPM). Start the car and let the engine warm up gradually or drive around for about 10mins without AC. Park and allow engine run on its own. Check the Engine RPM reading.It should be between 0.7 and 1 (or 7 and 10) depending on your calibration. multiply by 1000RPM OR 100RPM as shown on your tach.

Switch on the AC and watch the reading. If the car starts to vibrate increase the rpm to about 1.2 by depressing the throttle gently. If this helps, then ask your mechanic to tune up your engine. In local parlance " high de engine small".

Apropos your second question, I mean the " engine and/or gearbox seating"
About the exhaust question, I think the guy is asking you to check whether the exhaust pipe is vibrating and rubbing off somewhere underneath the chassis.
I have experienced this kind of vibration after personally changing my car engine. It was caused by the engine not properly aligned on the mountings.The turbo charger was slightly rubbing off on the chassis, causing the car to vibrate like hell.
Am not a mechanic though, but I hope this helps.

picture from www.wisegeek.com

(1) (Reply)

Code P0968 For Volvo S80, 2006 Model / Very Dim Headlights! / Help Help In Chosing Among These Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.