Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight (25439 Views)

Dana Air Flight ‎537 Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – A Passenger’s Ordeal. / Dana Air-crash Memorial Arcade (Pictures) / Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by diutor: 12:16am On Jan 05, 2013
http://martinuwakwe..com/2013/01/pictures-from-dana-air-inaugural-flight.html

Passengers on board Dana Air inaugural flight on Friday clap roared in jubilation when the Dana air plane landed safely at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja, the Nigerian capital.

Dana Air Flight 9J353 left the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos, southwest Nigeria, few minutes after 10 am and landed in Abuja at 11.05 packed with celebrities, journalists and some passengers.

Some of the celebrities who defied fear were Comedians, Basketmouth, Buchi, musician Harrisong, Kuba crew, among others.

Below are pictures from the inaugural flight

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by diutor: 12:21am On Jan 05, 2013
more

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by diutor: 12:21am On Jan 05, 2013

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by diutor: 12:22am On Jan 05, 2013

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by diutor: 12:23am On Jan 05, 2013

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by fegflu: 12:27am On Jan 05, 2013
i neveer patronize basket mouth again. never

7 Likes

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by WilyWily: 12:30am On Jan 05, 2013
INAUGURATION OF FLYING COFFIN

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by geeez: 12:31am On Jan 05, 2013
It's a PR stunt. Wondering how much he was paid for this

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Roseart: 12:36am On Jan 05, 2013
Brave men and women I salute you. grin

4 Likes

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by iamswizz(m): 1:37am On Jan 05, 2013
¤Ovoko¤

Ok... But i no fit advice devil to fly with Dana Air...

Btw.. I rili miss dis old timers.. 'creamish' and 'ayefele200'.. Wondering where dey are..
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by zerocool(m): 1:43am On Jan 05, 2013
Well Done.. Thank God y'all took off and landed safely. Don't forget to say your testimony in church on Sunday.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by dokunbam(m): 1:43am On Jan 05, 2013
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by SisiKill1: 1:44am On Jan 05, 2013
Whoa! This has got to be the most insensitive act ever!!!!

What is with the great fanfair with celebrity appearances. . .Did they forget why they were grounded in the first place??!!

They obviously don't have good PR people or they woulda advised them to do it lowkey out of respect for the family of the deceased especially since the cause of the crash is still being investigated, but then again, this is Nigeria. . . where anything goes. undecided

18 Likes

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by 2legit2qwt: 1:56am On Jan 05, 2013
Just wow! This is wrong on so many levels. They shouldn't even be anywhere near Nigerian airspace again or at least for a very long time. This is one of the many cases where i can say the Nigerian government is non-functional. BP oil in the US is still picking up its pieces and struggling to repair its damaged reputation. Dana air killed over 150 Nigerians and less than a year after, celebrities are invited to kick off operations wtf angry

Now I know the airline I won't be flying

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by blushmg: 1:58am On Jan 05, 2013
diutor:
Passengers on board Dana Air inaugural flight on Friday clap roared in jubilation when the Dana air plane landed safely at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja, the Nigerian capital.

I dont think i will like to take a flight that i have to give testimony when it lands! These guys should get it right once and for all!
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by GeneralJ(m): 2:05am On Jan 05, 2013
Bleep those indians
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by 2legit2qwt: 2:08am On Jan 05, 2013
Screw basketmouth or whatever his name is angry Life ain't all about money, some Nigerians need to realize the value of the human life is more than money.

6 Likes

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by sammyrollo: 2:14am On Jan 05, 2013
What if d airline is now d safest...dnt judge dem by wat happened....

10 Likes

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Nobody: 2:16am On Jan 05, 2013
Basketmouth God is watching you in 3D o!
Money hungry you reach that one?
You go fit sell your soul to the devil sef.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by manny4life(m): 2:24am On Jan 05, 2013
Na wa for some people o, does it mean the airline isn't airworthy anymore?

Unfortunately, the accident has happened, they were under for 7months, they're back now having passed stringent regulations and need I say tough sanctions. So what's the problem? As for the victims, no amount of money nor publicity can bring them back, regardless of what Dana does with their PR.

All we can ask is the FG is be tougher on these guys. They're no different than the tens and hundreds that die via luxury bus accidents or tanker explosions.

31 Likes

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by yme1(f): 2:25am On Jan 05, 2013
This is outrageous! I thought investigation was/is still going on? *sigh*
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Roseart: 2:26am On Jan 05, 2013
manny4life: Na wa for some people o, does it mean the airline isn't airworthy anymore?

Unfortunately, the accident has happened, they were under for 7months, they're back now having passed stringent regulations and need I say tough sanctions. So what's the problem? As for the victims, no amount of money nor publicity can bring them back, regardless of what Dana does with their PR.

All we can ask is the FG is be tougher on these guys. They're no different than the tens and hundreds that die via luxury bus accidents or tanker explosions.

I think the fact that the government abandoned the Crash report and literally re-instated them over night makes people reasonably wary. Things happen but all this rush rush should not be in a serious matter like this.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by manny4life(m): 2:33am On Jan 05, 2013
Roseart:

I think the fact that the government abandoned the Crash report and literally re-instated them over night makes people reasonably wary. Things happen but all this rush rush should not be in a serious matter like this.

How did the govt ignore the crash report? Has the NTSB released their investigative reports? Or has NCAA or whichever relevant agency released their reports? Accidents do not only occur in Nigeria, it happens here as well. What NTSB does is simply release a preliminary report based on recordings, but the FULL reports particularly those involving casualties take up to more than a year.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Pacemaker: 2:34am On Jan 05, 2013
I can not believe this, why treating life with kid gloves? I lost close associates that came to Nigeria for a wedding cos our society lacks maintenance culture. Is it that the government has memory lapses or her citizens are just passive( na their wahala be that attitude) ? God Bless the dead.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by naptu2: 2:38am On Jan 05, 2013
I don't believe that a plane crash should lead to the permanent grounding of an airline. Air France has suffered many plane crashes and yet they were not permanently grounded (remember the plane that fell into the ocean and the concorde crash?).

However, I think that the government has not handled this issue well. The investigation should have been more transparent. We need to know what caused the crash and what measures are being taken to prevent another one.

The fact that reports of investigation of previous crashes has not been released/made public is one of the reasons that people have misgivings about the resumption of flight operations by Dana. Will we ever find out the cause of this crash? Will measures be taken to prevent another one? Will it be swept under the carpet?

11 Likes

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Truckpusher(m): 2:38am On Jan 05, 2013
These comedians don't care abt the emotional and psychological trauma that those families that lost their loved ones will pass thru just looking at them attending Dana's fanfare and smiling as if everything is alright....well, another man's fall is another man's success ,but for how much?...AMADIOHA AND OGUN IS WATCHING THEM ON 5D

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Roseart: 2:41am On Jan 05, 2013
manny4life:

How did the govt ignore the crash report? Has the NTSB released their investigative reports? Or has NCAA or whichever relevant agency released their reports? Accidents do not only occur in Nigeria, it happens here as well. What NTSB does is simply release a preliminary report based on recordings, but the FULL reports particularly those involving casualties take up to more than a year.

Last I read, the Nigerian government said it had halted parts of the report for now last time I read, but the preliminary was released.
I know the NTSB takes a year or even years to finalize everything.

I'm just saying that people should not think Nigerians are crazy for being cautiously optimistic about Dana 2.0, it was only a year ago.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by manny4life(m): 2:56am On Jan 05, 2013
Roseart:

Last I read, the Nigerian government said it had halted parts of the report for now last time I read, but the preliminary was released.
I know the NTSB takes a year or even years to finalize everything.

I'm just saying that people should not think Nigerians are crazy for being cautiously optimistic about Dana 2.0, it was only a year ago.

Perhaps we read differently. However, it says the government halted parts of it, just like the FAA, they adopt some part of the preliminary report and issue an airworthiness directive, while they reject or halt some parts based upon FULL scale report or even expert testimony.

Yes, I do believe they might have gone overboard with the PR stuff, but they're a business looking to survive. If Nigerians DO NOT trust Dana, then they should AVOID IT LIKE A PLAGUE. Just like me, I advice others as well, if you know your heart/mind/soul/body doesn't seat right with it, don't do it.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by stephenponti(m): 2:57am On Jan 05, 2013
hmmmmm just passing
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by mensdept: 3:05am On Jan 05, 2013
idiots

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by SisiKill1: 3:12am On Jan 05, 2013
It's not about wishing them to be grounded forever...it is the fanfair with which they are "getting back to business"

It is just crass!! What are they celebrating?! undecided

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Applying For A German Visa With An Invitation Letter, Opinion Needed / My Computer Science Degree That I Relegated In Nigeria Opens Doors Abroad / Another Petrol Tanker Fire In Onitsha Yesterday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.