Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

Hunters Burn Down School In Saki, Oyo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hunters Burn Down School In Saki, Oyo State (8960 Views)

Jubilation In Saki, As Ex-lawmakers Slam Oyo APC Over Shittu / Adamawa Varsity Reopens, Recruits 80 Hunters / Exclusive Pictures Of Weapons Captured By Local Hunters In Adamawa State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hunters Burn Down School In Saki, Oyo State by adejoro75: 4:09am On Jan 05, 2013
Hunters burn down school in Saki

Written by Dare Adekanmbi
Friday, January 4, 2013

advertisement

HELL was let loose in Saki West Local Government Area of Oyo State ,on Wednesday, as persons from a neighbouring community, allegedly led a team of able-bodied men to completely raze a primary school being built on a disputed area.

Nigerian Tribune gathered that the team were said to have got to the school around 4.00 p.m. when the pupils had left for their various homes and burnt the school and evacuated the items of furniture.

It will be recalled that there was a clash between Saki and Ogboro communities during the administration of Senator Rashidi Ladoja when it was resolved that status quo be maintained on the disputed farmland.

The Okere of Saki, Oba (Alhaji) KelaniOlatoyeseOlarinre II, who spoke with the Nigerian Tribune in a telephone interview, confirmed the incident, adding that those living around the school and the teachers were threatened in the dead of the night.

“Not only did they raze the school, they also took all the furniture in the school.

“The headmaster of the school came and made a report of the incident to me and he also informed me that he had reported to the police. The chairmen of Saki East and West councils and the police have visited the burnt school and they are also doing their investigation.

Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) for the state Command, DSP AyodeleLanade, who confirmed the incident, said the two caretaker chairmen of the councils met on Thursday and resolved that status quo be maintained pending when the issue would be resolved.

Lanade added that the immediate past administration in the state had raised a committee on the matter, adding that the recommendation of the committee had not being effected

http://odili.net/news/source/2013/jan/4/604.html
Re: Hunters Burn Down School In Saki, Oyo State by seedord247(m): 4:49am On Jan 05, 2013
Hunters in 21st century?

What are they huntin undecided
Re: Hunters Burn Down School In Saki, Oyo State by Nobody: 5:49am On Jan 05, 2013
seedord247: Hunters in 21st century?

What are they huntin undecided

Bush rat is still a delicacy in some parts of naija.

When i saw the post,i thought the hunters mistakenly burnt down the school while setting fire to some bush around it to smoke out some bush rats from their underground mansions.

I think the community should be glad the hunters decided to commit arson instead of using their guns.

1 Like

Re: Hunters Burn Down School In Saki, Oyo State by Walexz02(m): 7:48am On Jan 05, 2013
Na wa o.... Thank God dem no kll anybody
Re: Hunters Burn Down School In Saki, Oyo State by fm7070: 9:52am On Jan 05, 2013
This is harrant nonsense and display of fo0lishness and stewpidity at the highest level
Re: Hunters Burn Down School In Saki, Oyo State by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 05, 2013
I Am Number Four
Re: Hunters Burn Down School In Saki, Oyo State by donfatosa(m): 9:53am On Jan 05, 2013
MADNESS
Re: Hunters Burn Down School In Saki, Oyo State by ajayi147(m): 9:54am On Jan 05, 2013
Lol,yeye people
Re: Hunters Burn Down School In Saki, Oyo State by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 05, 2013
Nawa o. Bush meat!
Re: Hunters Burn Down School In Saki, Oyo State by eaglechild: 9:58am On Jan 05, 2013
Very primitive people
Re: Hunters Burn Down School In Saki, Oyo State by DJDOLA(m): 9:59am On Jan 05, 2013
Have they transfer allu comunity 2 oyo?
Re: Hunters Burn Down School In Saki, Oyo State by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 05, 2013
More like boko haram but oyo people dey fu*ck up sha.where is dayokanu ?
Re: Hunters Burn Down School In Saki, Oyo State by victorD3: 10:04am On Jan 05, 2013
Is that how people from that part of the world thinks? Burning down school that's suppose to educate their children.

This is Boko Haram and it doesn't necessarily has to be in Borno State.
Re: Hunters Burn Down School In Saki, Oyo State by Bolt2011(m): 10:07am On Jan 05, 2013
That's not bad, let them remain hunters from generation to generation afterall there is need for supplementary sources of protein angry
Awon alai nironu
Re: Hunters Burn Down School In Saki, Oyo State by Akshow: 10:09am On Jan 05, 2013
From the topic i thought it was unintentional only for me to read that it is intentional. In this age and generation na him some people de burn school for bush rat. Wahala de o
Re: Hunters Burn Down School In Saki, Oyo State by searay(m): 10:11am On Jan 05, 2013
This hunters must be living in 2D
Re: Hunters Burn Down School In Saki, Oyo State by Standing5(m): 10:13am On Jan 05, 2013
School of all place . . . Them eff-up sha.
Re: Hunters Burn Down School In Saki, Oyo State by odave: 10:17am On Jan 05, 2013
Akshow: From the topic i thought it was unintentional only for me to read that it is intentional. In this age and generation na him some people de burn school for bush rat. Wahala de o
u no read d story u just dey comment...haha! Read d story and correct yasef
Re: Hunters Burn Down School In Saki, Oyo State by adexsimply(m): 10:17am On Jan 05, 2013
hun...illiteracy......SMH
Re: Hunters Burn Down School In Saki, Oyo State by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 05, 2013
SimonAndal: I Am Number Four
I'm dissapointed, even with ur reputation here on NL, you stoop so low to join the bandwagons that type the first to comment shyte. Mscheww

1 Like

Re: Hunters Burn Down School In Saki, Oyo State by victorD3: 10:21am On Jan 05, 2013
ogbeche77: I'm dissapointed, even with ur reputation here on NL, you stoop so low to join the bandwagons that type the first to comment shyte. Mscheww

I heard old age brings out childishness sometimes

1 Like

Re: Hunters Burn Down School In Saki, Oyo State by Rexphobia(m): 10:22am On Jan 05, 2013
Communal clashes in 2013...and we want to move forward
Re: Hunters Burn Down School In Saki, Oyo State by Dagods(m): 10:23am On Jan 05, 2013
Akshow: From the topic i thought it was unintentional only for me to read that it is intentional. In this age and generation na him some people de burn school for bush rat. Wahala de o
am not suprise,oyo guyz luvs bush meat.
Re: Hunters Burn Down School In Saki, Oyo State by mukina22: 10:23am On Jan 05, 2013
madness.
Re: Hunters Burn Down School In Saki, Oyo State by kunlekunle: 10:40am On Jan 05, 2013
stand up for your rights.
idiots hiding behind democracy should be treated.
if those guys were educated you'll understand yorubas democratically
Re: Hunters Burn Down School In Saki, Oyo State by theripper: 10:48am On Jan 05, 2013
SouthWest Boko tins? Bushmeat and "gure" over Education.
Re: Hunters Burn Down School In Saki, Oyo State by Dagods(m): 10:56am On Jan 05, 2013
o`dave:
u no read d story u just dey comment...haha! Read d story and correct yasef
@O'dave u r boring upstairs man,guess u r d kettle callin pot black,(I.T.K).mtcheeeeew.
Re: Hunters Burn Down School In Saki, Oyo State by timisnup(m): 11:00am On Jan 05, 2013
SimonAndal: I Am Number Four
Stupidity is like art... While Art is anything you can do well....
Re: Hunters Burn Down School In Saki, Oyo State by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 05, 2013
ThankGod no lost of life, if to say na hausa people they for come by 9am wen d children go dey for class come burn everybody. Atleast kudos to d hunters for placing human life ahead of their mission. Moral lesin;boko haram if u won bomb church do so wen people no dey inside d building u dey hear befor i cari vex enta north kum slap una chairman

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Give This Boy An Escape Plan!!! / Federal Executive Bodies Listed In The 1999 Constitution Of The Federal Republic / Nigeria Customs Generate N385.7 Billion Revenue In 6 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.